Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

Kangsoon is really frustrating me.  Yoobaek fell (off a roof!) and she just up and walked off after a cursory check. Man was still lying on ground at this point. And then after he begged her to stay by his side when he was sick, she ran off again. I know she stayed to take care of him but excuse me you just broke his heart and he looked ready to collapse the next second. If she can't straighten out her feelings for him fine, but some compassion would have been more than welcome. 

@triplem I've always felt that way about Madol

Spoiler

Sure he looks out for her and all but he's so afraid of letting her explore her potential by caging her thoughts, her experiences, and constantly assuming he knows what she wants, and what's best for her. I guess he knows if she starts scouting other opportunities then he might not be an option. Right now Kangsoon is indebted to him so she's hesitant about rejecting him, but he obviously can tell she's miserable yet he's forcing her hand. It just doesn't sit well with me hence I have never been team Madol. He's too high-handed for my taste. Yoobaek, on the other hand, is presenting another world to her on a platter, but it's a foreign concept and she's afraid to reach out and grab it.  

Having said that I do hope Kangsoon steps up next ep, like you guys say. I don't want Yoobaek to have to stop the wedding, he's already hurting so much and he deserves acceptance and love. Just let them get together, and don't be stingy about it please! I'd be bummed out if they only get together in the final minutes of the next ep, or if they drag this out further. No wonder Jiseok and Somin have been bringing the cute in their Instagram posts, they're trying to tell us to hang in there :tears:

• Like 11

KS should start thinking about herself. She can't always make everyone else happy by sacrifising her own happiness. I think she was raised and taught to be nice, kind and unselfish. And yes she is a very nice girl. Thinking back how YB treated her in the past and how she was always being patient with him, she is really a sweetheart. But that's the problem, she always thinks about other people around her. She doesnt want to disappoint her grandma, MD, MD's parents and other villagers. She's affraid to speak up her mind and tell other people what she feels and she wants. Grandma should know that KS is not happy , that she's not being her usual self, bright and cheerful. 

Now we have to wait another week again. I hope it can make you all smile a little. It's from KJS's stylist ig

They're being all cute off screen, we need to see them being all cute on screen too

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I know this is an unpopular opinion but In an age of strong, honest, smart maybe quirky but ultimately kind K drama heroines Kang soon is very old fashioned... passive, indecisive and  kinda weak. Yes I said it. It’s fine to be filial and want to make people happy but this is ridiculous. I had hoped she would be similar to Da Hyun in one percent but no.  

Even if they get together how will she cope with his family issues, being in a relationship with a Hallyu  star?  She needs to grow up and grow a backbone quick. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@triplem, a translation of the preview.

YB: I’ll be going now.
Grandmother: A person says he’s going and you don’t even stick your head outside.
YB: (on phone) Hello? Oh Kang Soon? Oh Kang Soon.
KS: What do I do now? I must have really gone crazy.
MD: Kang Soon, if you’re hurting, you can say that it hurts.
KS: I have to let him go, but if I had just once allowed myself to want him, what would it have been like?

More angst in the next episode. YB leaves the island. KS lets herself be dragged into the marriage, even though she's clearly thinking about YB, and even calls him, though she can't bring herself to say anything. MD knows that something is wrong. KS wonders what if she had decided to try to be with YB. The ending of the preview has a bit of hope in it, however, as YB seems determined and perhaps is on his way back to KS for one last attempt. I just hope that is not a troll because, really, enough of the angst.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I am soo behind on this drama, still slowly trying to catch up, but after seeing some scenes for today's episodes and the preview for next week. Honestly, yes, KS is annoying and frustrating that she's not doing anything at all and YB is suffering, but here is my question, MD! MD if you already see that KS don't love you, why let her force herself into marrying you and be happy about it? If you want KS to be happy, shouldn't you not marry her or let her go on with the wedding? 

I'm sorry, I am blaming KS and MD for being frustrated here and YB is trying his best.

• Like 11

Does anyone still think the wedding might not be a wedding but really a vow renewal for the little kid's parents? That was like the very first thought we all had. What if it really is and we are all being played into thinking it's a wedding. But then again, it really seems like it would be a wedding, all things considered. I guess we won't really know for sure till next week. 

I think we are all here pretty much on the same page regarding our thoughts on KS, MD, and YB. Let's hope the writer gets it right. 

• Like 10

I just caught myself up here and watched @stroppyse‘s translated preview. Oh my chinggus, I’m crying! My Heart is hurting so much for YB. I’m going to reserve comment on KS and MD until I watch the episode with subs. Gotta go as late for work already.

• Like 6

Thanks loads @stroppyse . 

———

this was a slightly extended preview from the end of the episode. The more I think about it the more ridiculous this is . Three very unhappy people here. @turtlegirl, I hope we are being trolled about the wedding . This one has MD clearly crying his eyes out , which means he knows that he’s not the one . Give her up , dude . 

• Like 8

Translation of the slightly longer preview.

MD: What is it that you have to say to me?
KS: I have something to give you.
MD: Couldn’t you not give it to me? I don’t want to receive it. Whatever you want to give me, I don’t want to receive it.  (me: He’s clearly expecting KS to return his ring. :()
YB: Oh Kang Soon, you liar. You said it would be warm and luxurious. It’s just cold.
YB: Hello? Oh Kang Soon? Oh Kang Soon.
KS: What will I do? I must really have gone crazy.
MD: Kang Soon, if you’re hurting, then it’s okay to say that you’re hurting.

YB has gone back to the island. Is he running to stop the wedding? It's hard watching all three of them be so miserable and breaking down in tears. :bawling: And, MD clearly knows that KS doesn't love him, and it's clearly eating away at him.

The next episode had better end on a hopeful note of some kind. I understand that sadness makes the eventual happiness that much sweeter, but seriously. It's been a number of episodes now that have been so sad angsty.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Does anyone still think the wedding might not be a wedding but really a vow renewal for the little kid's parents? 

I've always thought it to be a vow renewal for those two, given how dressed up they and the boy were in the spoilers. But now I'm thinking maybe they decided to piggyback on Kangsoon and Madol's ceremony? Or the villagers forced Kangsoon and Madol to snap a photo together during the vow renewal? I can imagine them saying it's for practise. Idk. I still think the vow renewal is happening but it might not be the only ceremony happening that day. 

Anyway from KJS stylist ig, this seems like the place Yoobaek was at during the last scene in the preview?  

I think he meets Kangsoon here (and he'd better!), but they're not on the island are they? I wonder if they'll incorporate this scene to look like they're on the island, or if presumably Kangsoon is meeting Yoobaek somewhere else. Just please. Let them love again. 

Just wanted to add that the actors are killing it in their roles. Also loving how they seem to be having fun filming despite the gruelling schedule. I just wish the drama had better ratings :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

I don't think it's MD & KS's wedding we see in the preview. Maybe it's their engagement ceremony / party?

KS what are you thinking? It's your life. You should make your own decision. Start thinking about your own happiness. 

And MD is so stubborn. He knows she doesnt love him. How can he marry someone he knows doesnt love him? 

I feel disappointed with grandma too. She and other villagers didnt even ask KS if she has accepted MD's proposal. They just made an assumption that she has.

I think the smartest one here is that little boy DongMan. He's the youngest yet so wise. He knows KS and YB like each other. He sees what others don't see

• Like 10

I honestly don't feel like watching ep.8 now... maybe I should just wait till ep.9 comes out and watch them back to back...

And is anyone here ever on team MD? I pity him, but I'm never ever on team MD... I am team Top Star all the way!! :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

She should be the one to stop this no one else its ridiculous.

I will be disappointed if she is not the one.

Okay , you are right . The onus is on her . 

@ktcjdrama Though I’m not on team MD, I feel a little sorry . But this is the fate of all second leads :P

• Like 7

I didn’t mind MD when I thought that would be 3 or 4 episode thing , get resolved and the guys would have have a fun bromance. But it’s gone on too long and he is being very selfish and obstinate  and tiresome right now.

• Like 9

Guys, my Heart is broken into tiny little pieces and I think I have no more tears left. I just finished watching Ep 8 with subs, and I will do the full translation a little later. But for now...

I feel bad for KS. She saw how happy her Grandma was at the celebration feast, and Grandma herself said that she had always wanted MD as her grandson-in-Law. Near the end of the ep when KS met MD’s dad, he gave her a savings book, telling her that he had been saving up money for her, and how he had made a pact with KS’s dad before KS was born. If KS is a girl, then their children will get married. He added how KS’s parents would be very happy in heaven now. 

But my broken heart is for YB. Before he went up the roof to retrieve the ring, he told KS that he is willing to do anything she wants him to. He can give up everything in Seoul, and move to the island and fish and catch abalone for a living. He told KS that he wants to marry her. And when KS was nursing him in the secret hideout, he told her that since he was born, he had always followed the wishes of other people and did what they wanted him to do. Then after he met her, he finally learnt to follow his heart and do what he wanted to do for a change. He asked KS if she could follow her own heart too. But KS replied that she can’t let down other people’s wishes, and told him to recover quickly and leave.

Gosh. What a heart of steel this girl has. KS, if you don’t want YB, he’s mine!!!

Anyway, at the end of the preview, after YB turned his car around, I see him running on the path with short plants by the side, but in the background were lots of tall buildings. Can I hope that he is in Seoul, and that KS has finally made up her mind and gone to find him?

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Gosh. What a heart of steel this girl has. KS, if you don’t want YB, he’s mine!!!

My thoughts exactly. If she doesn’t like him is fine but here look at him.  ...he’s practically begging her . I cried just watching it raw . Also because this is an 11 eps drama ..3 episodes dedicated to angst is way too much ...

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

@joonminfan YB really said all those things? He'd give up everything to be with her and he wants to marry her? :bawling: Yeah, I am pretty sure every girl watching this show wants to marry YB now. The scene with the ring was the most emotional and saddest scene for me, even without understanding the dialogue. With the dialogue, it's 10x more heartbreaking. 

Please let it be true that KS will go to Seoul and piece back together YB's heart. 

Straight up, this week is going to suck with waiting for Friday to come around again. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

@triplem @turtlegirl I watched some clips raw and man, those emotions I was feeling from YB! I cried. Then I watched the ep with subs, and I cried even more. Yeah he was really begging her, at her house and at her hideout, but she just told him to get well quickly and leave! KS ah, if he really means nothing to you then please let him go and go to MD happily. Don’t make everyone miserable. I think YB has already made his intentions and wishes and love SUPER clear. Now, girl, it’s your turn to be brave. Please.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Man I am not sure he recovers from so many heart crushings these are pretty brutal too.

How many times can you put your heart out thee before you just give up?

I mean I know he wont at all but its time she put in some major effort after all of this nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1