[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCEBKQ6thzo8BNQ8gAbAjimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOLJ_oHB70htyNAmg3Pws

Whether laughter or tears. 

This drama gives new meaning to what one sees at first isn't all there is.

Or what is missed at first until he opens his eyes through his heart and sees what real beauty is.

But it works both ways for she is seeing him in a different light too just a little slower...

I love how this writer, actors and PD slowly and simply give us fluttering and moving moments among the push & pull and fast paced way in which they speak to one another.   Whether sharing a song or without thought falling asleep, or watching her waving down below from the sea.  Or him watching her while she is vulnerable and still asleep or something as common as hanging up the clothes. It wasn't just that he was watching they drew us in so close we were seeing it from his point of view.  Somehow expressing the beauty in watching someone quietly without their knowing and how beautiful that can be...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Whether laughter or tears. 

This drama gives new meaning to what one sees at first isn't all there is.

Or what is missed at first until he opens his eyes through his heart and sees what real beauty is.

But it works both ways for she is seeing him in a different light too just a little slower...

I love how this writer, actors and PD slowly and simply give us fluttering and moving moments among the push & pull and fast paced way in which they speak to one another.   Whether sharing a song or without thought falling asleep, or watching her waving down below from the sea.  Or him watching her while she is vulnerable and still asleep or something as common as hanging up the clothes. It wasn't just that he was watching they drew us in so close we were seeing it from his point of view.  Somehow expressing the beauty in watching someone quietly without their knowing and how beautiful that can be...

Yes! I love all the watching going on, especially from YB. I don't think he has ever noticed and watched anyone else other than himself until he went to the island. Even back in Seoul, he doesn't watch dramas and movies with other actors; he watches his own. For a long time, he has been immersed in himself, trying hard to survive each day in the very difficult life as a celebrity, so he has not had the time or made it a habit to take notice of other people. But on the island, with nothing much to occupy him, and without the distraction of the Internet and social media, he has started opening his eyes, mind and heart to beauty of a different kind. He has seen for himself the kind of life that the islanders lead, and I dare say that it appeals to him, away from the harshness of the city where he came from. He has suffered, trying to climb to the very top of his career, even if it was to spite his mother, so much so that he suffers from extreme insomnia. The island makes him feel peaceful, he sleeps better with KS beside him / comforting him (why do I find that so sweet that my heart is melting?) and he knows it. I don't think the rooftop scene in Ep 8 (shall not say what happened here since not everyone has watched it or read recaps) was impulse on YB's part. He didn't just blurt it out out of desperation. I think he has really thought about it, and he is open to the idea. I'm interested to see if YB is able to live up to what he "promised" KS.

And my favourite "watching", from YB's point of view:

Image result for top star yoo baek gifs

My favourite "watching", from the audience's point of view:

Image result for top star yoo baek gifs

PS/ @USAFarmgirl do you watch the eps with English subs? Do you have a site with decent ones? Thanks!

So our Korean counterparts on the drama DC site found photos of today's(?) shooting.

Spoiler

lDxvUYJ.jpg

That's JSM in the centre in blue, and I assume that's KJS next to her? The height seems about right.

Apparently they're shooting at a university, so I reckon they're going to have Kangsoon's continue her studies. I've been looking forward them tying together this section of the story, showing us that Yoobaek is every bit a gift to her as she is to him. He brings her out of the island, out of her safe enclave and lets her explore new opportunities. Quick give me my beautiful OTP this Friday :tears:

@tibba Thank you...that was most definitely KJS in the pic. The height and built matches. How ahead are they in shooting? So that would be for eps 11 I think. 

@pad-hari @joonminfan No, we are not being greedy. After all the teasing and angst they put us through, I demand that TVN give us some real good kisses. :D ...if only they read me here 

Sigh...till today, there is no English subs for eps 8. 

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

@tibba Thank you...that was most definitely KJS in the pic. The height and built matches. How ahead are they in shooting? So that would be for eps 11 I think. 

@pad-hari @joonminfan No, we are not being greedy. After all the teasing and angst they put us through, I demand that TVN give us some real good kisses. :D ...if only they read me here 

Sigh...till today, there is no English subs for eps 8. 

It’s good that they are filming in a University. I had hoped that KS would have a chance to go back to school, and I’m glad to see YB with her.

@triplem @pad-hari then can I be REALLY greedy and wish for the abs and kisses AT THE SAME TIME? Wink wink. :kiss_wink:

16 minutes ago, triplem said:

Considering tomorrow is to be their last day of shooting, I'd say there's a pretty good chance it's for ep 11.

I just want at least one more scene where OTP both look cute together and where Kangsoon doesn't look like a country soup ahjumma. I have to say JSM still manages to look pretty despite all that but JSM and KJS looked so good at the presscon all dressed up so a repeat would be nice please, and thank you!

Aww yay so many more friends here showing support for our show :) Be it for abs or otherwise -_-

I like the latest filming pic. So happy to see KS doing what she always wanted to do, and YB by her side. I wonder what she will study. Any guesses? 

But it's also sad to think filming is almost finished. Here time has been moving so slow during these angsty episodes, but now I bet it will move fast during the few episodes of happiness we have. 

@tibba I don't think KS will keep wearing those hiked up pants, at least not in Seoul, well I hope not lol. Wearing pants like that doesn't look comfortable to me. I like the outfit she wore on their date. It was modest and cute, just like KS. But yeah she'll pretty much look cute in anything she wears. 

On a funny side note, @joonminfan you posted a GIF of YB staring earlier, except I thought it was just a still pic. Then out of the corner of my eye, I see his eyes move and it freaked me out lol. I thought maybe I was losing it for a sec :P

On 1/5/2019 at 12:32 PM, joonminfan said:

Anyway, at the end of the preview, after YB turned his car around, I see him running on the path with short plants by the side, but in the background were lots of tall buildings. Can I hope that he is in Seoul, and that KS has finally made up her mind and gone to find him?

I looked at the end of the preview. And it dawn on me remembering the location yoobaek will be searching for kangsoon. The place that has tall buildings on the side. I believe it is the place where kangsoon in imagination went to hug younger version of yoobaek. I notice the staircase fence along the landscape. I think it is possible location. However, I am not very sure how kangsoon know about the location. I think Namjoo took her there and called yoobaek to meet her there. I think namjoo knew that place was place of refuge to yoobaek. And it is probably the best place for yoobaek to tell his truth to kangsoon. I don’t know. The place looks familiar.  

@triplem the caption says:

KS and YB filming in a University in Seoul.

KS is in the blue jacket and YB is just beside her.

Everyone, let’s predict a happy ending.

We want our SoonBaek couple to have a sweet ending together.

So we all guessed correctly! And yes, we want a sweet and happy ending for them. 

8 hours ago, Christina Leong said:

I looked at the end of the preview. And it dawn on me remembering the location yoobaek will be searching for kangsoon. The place that has tall buildings on the side. I believe it is the place where kangsoon in imagination went to hug younger version of yoobaek. I notice the staircase fence along the landscape. I think it is possible location. However, I am not very sure how kangsoon know about the location. I think Namjoo took her there and called yoobaek to meet her there. I think namjoo knew that place was place of refuge to yoobaek. And it is probably the best place for yoobaek to tell his truth to kangsoon. I don’t know. The place looks familiar.  

Good catch! Now I have to go back and watch the relevant episodes to see if it’s the same place. Obsessed much? 

Edited to say: Oh my goodness this drama is constantly on my mind. I just thought about it. In Ep 4, when YB goes to hug KS on the island, it was interspersed with scenes of KS hugging a young YB in the park area. Maybe in tmr’s ep, we will see this really happening, but it’s KS hugging the older YB! :wub:

With a little bit of searching, I found this: http://news.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A201901100054&t=NN

Let's Google Translate, shall we....

TVN 'Top Star Yu-Bae Lee' is raising interest in Kim Ji-seok (Yoo Baek) - Jeon So-min (Oh Gang Soon) In this situation, the viewer is curious about the direction of the romance of the three people who can not look ahead. Especially, it is said that the exciting ending that was not seen so far will be unveiled at the 9th broadcast on the 11th. In the meantime, 'Top Star Yu Baek Lee' is a triangular romance that confronts the mixed feelings of Kim Ji-seok, Jeon Sang-min, and Lee Sang-yeop. Especially, the delicate emotions of the three people made the audience immersed in the perception of the eroticism - Oh Gang - seon - Choi Ma - stol to the highest level, making it impossible to keep an eye on them.

Most of all, Kim Ji-seok, Jeon Sang-min and Lee Sang-yeop's perfect chemistry and solid acting, Shin-kung Ending made their audience's heart every time they raised their curiosity about the next time. So, in this 9th broadcast, what ending will be exciting in the end. TVN 'top star Yu Baek,' the production team said, "The 9th broadcast will be like a time bomb that will surely capture the end of the triangular romance of Kim Ji Suk, Ending is going to be drawn, I would like a lot of attention, "he urged the shooter. tvN 'Top-star Yu-Baek Lee' is an island of slalife who is a top star among the outlaws on the remote island. The 11th night of the 11th is broadcast nine times.

Ok, so pretty much what we already know...that KS finally gonna go get her man tomorrow! :P

2 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Edited to say: Oh my goodness this drama is constantly on my mind. I just thought about it. In Ep 4, when YB goes to hug KS on the island, it was interspersed with scenes of KS hugging a young YB in the park area. Maybe in tmr’s ep, we will see this really happening, but it’s KS hugging the older YB! :wub:

@joonminfan omg yes, that would be amazing and beautiful! i hope you are right! :heart:

giphy.gifQjlVdmc.png&key=9b0eb44ae9ff922cbb1d1793

For the above thanks and all credit to original owner and @triplem

Spoiler

Talk about giving new meaning to a song and to misting ones face dang sexy never looked this good....:yum:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnktqkkc6WzZvMeU2bpqiimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ-6Pdp2qfsnvygymKLM2

Hello everyoneeeee

Still no sub for episode 8? It's almost a week and still no sub :bawling:

Only 2 episodes remaining, right? 

5 hours ago, joonminfan said:

@triplem the caption says:

KS and YB filming in a University in Seoul.

KS is in the blue jacket and YB is just beside her.

Everyone, let’s predict a happy ending.

We want our SoonBaek couple to have a sweet ending together.

So we all guessed correctly! And yes, we want a sweet and happy ending for them. 

Good catch! Now I have to go back and watch the relevant episodes to see if it’s the same place. Obsessed much? 

OMO OMO is KS going to enroll in University? She gave up her chance to be in college because of her Grandma before. 

25 minutes ago, tibba said:

Not sure if this has already been brought up however I read that Yoobaek's designer friend (who appeared in ep 6) is due to cameo in ep 10 as well: http://mstoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=51685331357#imadnews 

So... are we getting another makeover for Kangsoon, or will he perhaps design her wedding dress if we're lucky? :wub:

How about both? First KS gets another makeover and then they ask the designer to design a wedding gown for her :rolleyes:

Archived