[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, triplem said:

@skyrangerzi Thanks for the list of BGM/ OST. Did you notice a new one when YB was looking at the sea urchins in the snow? This is new right?

Oh, that's the same song NJ sang at karaoke, It's Raining by Jung Seung Hwan.

I should edit the description in my previous post, then ^^

I think this song fits really well with YB's situation at that moment.

For that scene, it used this part of the song:

(YB drank)

It’s because it was raining, because I was drunk
I still make those excuses for not getting over you

(YB looking at sea urchins)

You’re not answering, which is your answer
But like a habit, I’m calling you again
I hate myself for this

(NJ came)

The song selections in the drama are great. Well done, production staff <3

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, translating from the Korean, the caption to the instagram that JSM posted says:

Devilish Yoo Baek. (emoji) (emoji)

Happy New Year (heart)

2019 as well, I hope that everyone will be happy and loved...

This year also! Top Star Yoo Baek.

nb: I broke the line up so that you can read the phrases more easily.

YB does look pretty devilish in those pictures. :)  Also, the last line refers to her wish that TSYB continues to do well in the ratings.

Thank you! A lot of meanings can change when Korean --> Chinese --> English. :sweat_smile:

27 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

The greeting video. I didnt notice it at first either

But that’s a given as i think she will be going through the whole engagement thing. This hanbok she’s wearing is the same as the spoiler pic I posted on page 43 here. Urghh poor YB

Thanks for the translations @stroppyse

What did KJS respond here , if you don’t mind ? 

( I circled in black ) 

https://imgur.com/a/0c9Vuek

Not to worry @joonminfan. We appreciate the translations regardless , at least we get the jisc. 

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

I'm half asleep so I may be wrong, but is that not his bath tub on the left? The one that the hourglass rests on? Maybe he has 2 bathrooms. 

I think it is the bathroom at YB’s house.. where the almost-shower kiss happened..

20 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I'm half asleep so I may be wrong, but is that not his bath tub on the left? The one that the hourglass rests on? Maybe he has 2 bathrooms. 

You're right maybe he has 2 bathrooms. I was watching ep 7 yesterday and noticed there are a few differences between the bathroom in that ep and in SoMin's photo. The first i noticed was the mirror on the wall facing the bathtub in SoMin's photo it's not there in ep 7

New bts of many past scenes. . Looks like a lot of fun . No time to go through but pls tag me if you see potential spoilers 

I’m dying for a fresh teaser ... 

Omg his Instagram post is so flippin stinkin friggin cute. They are so lovely together!! :heart:

While I appreciate the new stills, why do they have to be so sad :tears:

I think we have to get through this week to get to the happy, which totally stinks. I can't believe it's only Thursday. Why does it feel like it's taking forever to get to Friday? Oof. 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

:heart: they better stop teasing us . I’m quite certain it’d be a YB - KS end game

Awww... they are so friggin’ cute. They look like an actual couple. Gonna miss these two badly when the show ends...

2 hours ago, nikki7 said:

Awww... they are so friggin’ cute. They look like an actual couple. Gonna miss these two badly when the show ends...

I Know right. Too adorable. And actually we have been quite lucky - 7 episodes so far, the OTP has already posted 4 couple pics between them. I have followed so many ongoing rom-coms and this is rare for drama OTPs. Many don't do it because they are afraid of rumours. Just glad these two are comfortable enough to do so. To me ,they are smart cause it creates hype, anticipation  and good vibes for the viewer.

@turtlegirl I can't wait for Friday, but unfortunately tomorrow I will be travelling and will not be able to live stream. I hope you'll be able to recap. Thanks in advance.

Aww @joonminfan ...I think KJS has gain more new fans. Seems like  the general  sentiment is that most are Team Top Star shi even though they like and appreciate MD's sincerity.

credit: https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/top-star-yoo-baek-ep-7-spoilers-kim-ji.html

Spoiler

topstar.png

In DRAMA

[Top Star Yoo Baek] Ep 7 spoilers, Kim Ji Suk x Jeon So Min x Lee Sang Yeob

Posted on Thursday, January 3, 2019

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Kim Ji Suk goes back to the island after getting rejected by Jeon So Min 

1. [+1044,-11]
Why is this only airing once a week..... This drama would be a hit if it airs at 9pm twice a week... But it airs at 11pm... And only once a week...

2. [+742,-11]
The main characters are SoonBaek couple anyway, and they will get together in the end. But Ma Dol's confession today was innocent and sincere. It's sad.. 

3. [+405,-11]
There were so many funny scenes today. Kim Ji Suk is so handsome that I was amazed many times. 

4. [+378,-5]
Kim Ji Suk-ssi is charming. I think I'm becoming his fan through this drama. I'm cheering for him. 

5. [+248,-5]
Kim Ji Suk is so handsome and his voice is good too. A week is too long. 

6. [+112,-3]
Somehow, I think Ma Dol will find out about Kkang Soon's true feelings, and give her to Top Star-ssi~ And Ma Dol will get along with Nam Bo Ra who appeared as a doctor today. 

7. [+95,-1]
The reporters spying on Yoo Baek's mother are annoying.. And why doesn't Ma Dol look awkward when he wore that dress.. 

8. [+88,-0]
The plot twist with the grandmother. If the kid didn't explain, I wouldn't know. 

Spoiler

yoobaek.png

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Jeon So Min to Kim Ji Suk, "Don't come to our island anymore." 

1. [+135,-1]
Ah... today's episode was interesting. 

2. [+114,-2]
I can feel both Ma Dol's and Top Star-ssi's sincerity~ What do I do~!!! What do I do~!!! But still, I'm cheering for Top Star-ssi~!^^

3. [+83,-2]
The grandma.. I thought the crab shell was better.. But the ginseng and the laundry clothes were plot twists.. 

4. [+54,-1]
Playing push and pull with jealousy.. Their acting skills are great.. I laughed so hard that I thought I'd die from it. 

5. [+46,-5]
Jeon So Min got an award too. Congrats. Congrats. 

6. [+33,-2]
Ma Dol doesn't look awkward wearing that dress at all.. I feel bad seeing him confessing to her in that dress. He laughed at his father's confession, but in the end.. "It's you.." ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+28,-0]
I was happy to see Top Star-ssi going back to the island. The grandmother giving him side dishes was a goosebumps-inducing plot twist^^ Top Star-ssi is so cool. 

8. [+25,-1]
To think that I have to wait another week again. This is a torture~~~ 

9. [+20,-0]
That "Braderella" was so funny that I laughed so hard. ㅋㅋㅋ

@stroppyse If you have time, would be great if you can translate or give a jisc of this segment of the BTS posted above ...this pervy ahjumma is too curious :D . Thanks loads.

There is new BTS on Instagram. The only interesting thing I noticed was a part with KJS in a tux on the island. He was talking to the camera but not sure what he was saying. I can't remember if he's worn a tux other than the white one at the proposal. But I don't think he has. Hrmmmmmmm......

@triplem I'm going to try my best to live stream. This show is the first time I've ever tried live streaming. Last week when it suddenly went black at the end, I was so upset lol. So hopefully that doesn't happen again this week!!

Sorry I don't exactly know how to embed the Instagram with the BTS. If I figure it out I will. But maybe someone else can. It's TvN official Insta.

16 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Nope, I can't figure it out lol. I am not tech savvy :huh:

It’s part of the Long bts I posted above. On FB the bts can go beyond a minute . IG vids can only go maximum a minute , so they break up the videos . 

Should be the second video with the tux , this is quite an old one . Remember his stylist posting this before a Long time ago . Though i always wonder why he would be in a tux in the island . Lol ( think he wore this tux to the award night , but took off the shirt later) 

Archived