Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I would like to add that she even avoided to choose the shoes,  she didn't express her own opinion and taste in front of him,  which illustrates how suppressed she has lived.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wow...what an exciting evening spent in Havana. :wub:

It would be perfect, if they could see eachother in the morning too.

But regardless, it was nice how JH waited for SH to appear until

the last moment.

And also it was nice how she did show up.

On the airport JH was thoughtful, and he didnt do  anything that might make

SH feel uncomfortable.

But, ofcourse that he was happy, that she approached him first. :)

The epilogue was cool.

What fate decides, it will happen.

• Like 11

In general, I'm not that worried about reviews on the first episode of dramas because first episodes usually tend to be slow since they're meant to introduce characters and contexts (unless of course, you're watching a super fast plot-based drama instead of a character-driven one). I remember some people also found the first episode of Love in the Moonlight kind of uneventful. The same thing happened with the first 5 episodes or so of Reply 1988. But both of those dramas, despite being more character-driven, have eventually won over the hearts of viewers. Reviewers at dramabeans, for example, give shows the 2-episode test to see if a drama is really worth watching because the first episode is not really indicative of the drama's quality. Let's just hope the script really turns out good. 

Nonetheless, I loved the first episode. There were people who were saying they looked awkward but imo, that was the point since they're complete strangers to one another and their personalities are polar opposites. Imo, SHK and PBG captured the awkward-and-shy-but-curious-about-each-other vibe that I think they were supposed to display. It was realistic. At this point though, I hope the drama won't be cliche or cheesy. It's beautiful in terms of cinematography and production but its fate really lies on the script... but I guess we'll see.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I can see Cuba tourism positively benefiting after this drama lol. Cuba food is delicious and the cinematography of the episode looks beautiful. I am waiting for at least several episodes - maybe halfway? - to be subbed first before watching. 

• Like 7

Kim Jin Hyuk with all his part time jobs with his interview in the background.

Returns form Cuba and goes to his Father's fruit store.

Meal with his parents.

I have to say that Kim Jin Hyuk in a suit is soooooooooo :wub::wub::wub:!!!

• Like 7