Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Encounter" Song Hye-kyo Is a Lady Divided

posterphoto1020558.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Encounter", Song Hye-kyo as Cha Soo-hyeon started laughing with Park Bo-gum as Kim Jin-hyeok.

She felt interested in the carefree young man who seems to be living in a different world than hers. In the process, Song's various charms captured the hearts of viewers. She couldn't help the curiosity she had for Kim Jin-hyeok and looked up his resume. She also wondered who he was talking to on the phone.

When she met him, she smiled without knowing it. She sneaked a look at him, but when he turned to look, she turned her face quickly away.

This is a different side to Cha Soo-hyeon. She's very honest with her feelings and at the same time, she very bold. She picked up a doll for Kim Jin-hyeok and said suggested eating ramyun because it was her dream to do so. She also adjusted the passenger seat for him.

On the other hand, her lack of freedom brought out the bitterness in her life. However, Song Hye-kyo is doing a good job of portraying a woman who is building her curiosity and honesty.

• Like 9

I'm Sold with this drama!!!

So lovely... the dialogs kinda weird for some parts, but the actors did a good job. I dont felt awkward with their interaction (maybe because I'm not into song-song couple?) everything's narutal. I think its better to watch both episodes in one go.      

SHK looks so pretty! and PBG's smile awwww

cant wait for the next episode

• Like 5

I liked the first ep. Idk what's with the harsh reviews? It did feel a lil dated? Like a drama from the 90s or something. 

The views from Cuba were gorgeous. Especially the sunset... 

There's chemistry between Hye-Kyo & Bo-Gum (aw his smile) in some parts it reminds me of Devilish Joy but the roles reversed. This time an ordinary guy falls for a female CEO. 

A lil dumb that a female traveler goes wandering after taking a sleeping pill LoL. And then she acts so nonchalant when her purse get stolen.. Poor Bo-Gum havin' to spend so much ha-ha! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I liked how Soo Hyun managed to so subtly determine he was speaking to his mom at 12.42pm. Hehe.

The boy seems to be crushing quite a bit. I can feel the thrill he feels, understand the smiles he cannot suppress. I do wonder what the attraction is.

Is he in awe and looks up to her maturity, confidence and sophistication? Afterall, she absolutely is stunning and turns heads. After finding out about who she is, it seemed that he was uncomfortable because of those exact qualities. There is wariness mixed with curiosity and honesty. He is so easy to read. I like how the show and PBG could unfold that in an adorable way. 

Jin Hyuk is breath of fresh air in her world. Perhaps cos he sees her as a person instead of who she is/represents in society. She can be real with him and not be too concerned about what he thinks - cos he isn’t built to mind the stratas in society. Or perhaps he doesn’t know how much it can affect him when he steps on the wrong toes. I guess he is about to find out. The paparazzi is frightening. So are the mothers.

Appearances are given too much importance. If you look good, you have certain advantages. If you are good-looking and in high society, there are even more advantages. But these are very superficial and no one really knows the life led.

She is bitter and obligated because of her very unhappy experiences - she’s managed them well I think to only turn into someone cold so she can numb out the hurt. She didn’t turn nasty and hysterical so her nature must be a good one. I am looking forward to how she might morph into someone who takes full control of her destiny and not be beholden to appearances after she meets Jin Hyuk, finding strength in his candor and joie de vivre. 

• Like 17

8 Reasons Why Park BoGum Already Stole The Hearts Of Viewers In First Episode Of “Encounter”

Are you part of the fans that have eagerly waited for the drama “Encounter”? The new drama with Song HyeKyo and Park BoGum. The love story of a chaebol and an ordinary man. For more information and pictures about the drama, you can have a look at it here.

The first episodes started to broadcast this week and from the first episode Park BoGum stole the hearts of viewers with his character name Kim JinHyuk. Be aware that this article has spoiler up to the first episode only.

The first episode of the drama took place in Cuba. The drama shows the beauty of the country with cinematographic scenes. Park BoGum is on a backpacking trip with the money he saved from his part-time jobs. Song HyeKyo (as Cha SooHyun) is on a business trip.

Here is a list of some of the reasons why Park BoGum already got viewers falling for him.

1- The Way He Travels

The fact that he was backpacking with his own money and that he planned his trip all by himself seems rather attractive. Also, during his trips, he had fun with the locals and even danced with a little girl. The boy also impressed with English skills and a few words in Spanish. It looked like he is having the best travel ever and made viewers want to travel with him.

His attractive backpacker look is a plus.

park bogum encounter, park bogum drama, park bogum boyfriend, park bogum 2018, park bogum cuba, park bogum boyfriend episode 1, park bogum tvn

tvN

2- The Way He Care For Things Because Of Sentiments Over Money

Because of an accident, the camera which he cherishes got damaged. Throughout the episode, viewers could feel that he is attached to it because of its meaning more than its costs. It looks like he is sentimental and sensitive to things.

park bogum encounter, park bogum drama, park bogum boyfriend, park bogum 2018, park bogum cuba, park bogum boyfriend episode 1, park bogum tvn

tvN

3- The Way He Looks At The Female Lead

With Park BoGum’s great acting, viewers can right away be aware of his feelings for Song HyeKyo. At various times, he surprised viewers. For example, the scene where he first saw the lady as she was walking afar and also when they first matched eyes in a romantic scene.

4- Life Savior

Song HyeKyo was by herself waiting for the sunset, sitting at the edge with also the effects of her sleeping pills kicking in. As she was dowsing off and almost falling, Park BoGum came on time to save her. In other words, he is her life savior.

5- He Makes Her Trip Perfect

Park BoGum seems to know about how to enjoy traveling in Cuba. He chose for her the perfect song to see the sunset, he knew places for Salsa show, and he also knew how and where to take transportation. He even helped with directing the taxi driver. The way he put his heart and effort to help is sweet.

tvN

6- Consideration

Park BoGum has a lot of consideration for the girl and that can be seen at several moments. For example, he went to search for her dropped shoe. One of the best examples would be when he decided to walk bare feet so that she felt less embarrassed to do so. It is very considerate for someone you just got to know on the day.

7- “It’s Adorable”

Several cheesy lines are also a reason why Park BoGum stole hearts. One of them is “It’s adorable” when she was asking him if he could buy beer.

tvN

8- Sincere Hope To Get To Know Her

The characters did not exchange numbers but they agree to meet the next day early morning at a cafe. Not only the boy came early, but he left a sweet note as he had to leave to take his train. Viewers could feel that he was very disappointed and sad that he could not meet her again and get to know her more.

cr (https://www.kpopmap.com/8-reasons-why-park-bogum-already-stole-the-hearts-of-viewers-in-first-episode-of-encounter/)

Edited by bebebisous33
too much space
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

I'm Sold with this drama!!!

So lovely... the dialogs kinda weird for some parts, but the actors did a good job. I dont felt awkward with their interaction (maybe because I'm not into song-song couple?) everything's narutal. I think its better to watch both episodes in one go.      

SHK looks so pretty! and PBG's smile awwww

cant wait for the next episode

Me too. Just watched 2 episodes in a row. When they were having their ramyeon facing the street i did wonder what if someone took their picture, and it happened.  I am interested to see how they' re going to deal with the current situation. So, I'm sold too! Till next week.

• Like 9

@jl08 i like your review, and this part one of my fav:

6 hours ago, jl08 said:

As for the comments about "boring" SHK's expression- let's recap the characters again, shall we?

“Boyfriend” will tell the story of Cha Soo Hyun (played by Song Hye Kyo), a woman who has never been able to truly lead a life of her own. As the daughter of a prominent politician, she is forced into an unhappy marriage with the heir to a wealthy conglomerate at a young age, and she eventually ends up getting divorced - so I guess she should be smiling happily like an idiot under such circumstances where she is the sacrificial lamb? This happens when people don't read and are quick to judge her acting. 

Super agreed with you, people quickly to judge without read carefully about the characters, I saw this type of comment (boring expression) before in few drama I'd watched. 

@smiletall thanks to your post I just realized that Boyfriend drama character are gender-reversal from most of the drama I had watched before. I like how you describe how rich guy and poor girl interaction

@gumtaek oohh your review jjang :thumbsup:this is my fav part of your comment 

4 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Aside from the beautiful look and feel of the show, I found myself drawn to the characters relatively quickly. Part of that is my admiration of Song Hye-gyo and Park Bo-gum as actors, but the characters themselves are just incredibly interesting people. Jin-hyuk is not wild and irresponsible like I was anticipating after hearing the character descriptions, but instead seems to be very wise and insightful, but a little insecure and with different priorities in life than the mainstream.

Me too fall for their character, to be honest according to me, they maybe have same personality but due to family background the other one (CSH) can't express what she thought and feels, not like KJH that freely can express what she thought and feels to everyone

@122am SHK is brand ambassador of Sulwhasoo, so maybe she use sulwhasoo lipstick

• Like 13

Just watched the first episode (can't watch the 2nd one now cuz it's 4 AM and I feel like I'm gonna die), but I must say the cinematography was amazing (as expected). The OST was so good. Mixing in Latin elements into K-pop themes was a success.

Acting wise, Song Hye-kyo was perfect. She really succeeded in depicting the depth of her character. Very measured. Class act. Park Bo-gum on the other hand, felt just a little bit too much on the excessive side. However, it was still a satisfactory performance, and I'm intrigued to where he's going to take the character next.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, dydrawer said:

Just watched the first episode (can't watch the 2nd one now cuz it's 4 AM and I feel like I'm gonna die), but I must say the cinematography was amazing (as expected). The OST was so good. Mixing in Latin elements into K-pop themes was a success.

Acting wise, Song Hye-kyo was perfect. She really succeeded in depicting the depth of her character. Very measured. Class act. Park Bo-gum on the other hand, felt just a little bit too much on the excessive side. However, it was still a satisfactory performance, and I'm intrigued to where he's going to take the character next.

Just take your time to save an energy for episode 2 and the future episodes!:)

• Like 3

After watching both the episodes, I can describe my feelings in just simple words.      Heart Fluttering & Soothing Y5CHyQk.gif

Park Bo Gum is the perfect KJH n SHK is the perfect CSH!! I have never seen such a perfect casting!! :kiss_wink:.. Looking at them together in one screen is soo beautiful:wub:.. Their shyness n awkwardness have their own beauty!! This dramas doesn't have big mind twisting stuffs yet.. Still I loved it's simplicity!! I know they got to have problems further due to many stuff!! But the joy they experience together n their sweetness is enough is for me to see this show!! :heart:Hope this show keeps it's essence till the end!! 

so0xIMi.jpg

My favorite quote from tangled which I guess suites the best for this couple

"All at once everything looks different , Now that I see you"

• Like 15

I just finished watching the second episode, and I'm really loving it. 

The roles reversal is what I'm more interested in, I don't remember having seen a Korean Drama before where there was a woman as a CEO, I might be mistaken though. 

This drama is sweet, refreshing, and has make me smile so much that my mouth hurts now. 

• Like 16

Article: "BOYFRIEND'S" PARK BO GUM’S REALISTIC DRUNKEN ACTING RECEIVED A BURST OF OVATION 

[OSEN=Reporter Park Jinyeong ]

Actor Park Bogum in the tvN drama "Boyfriend" showed forth vivid “drunk acting" and this has attracted a lot of attention. If the first episode is said to have shown him as the fresh and charming young KimJinHyuk, then, this time in the second episode, the audience was captivated by his drunken acting which showed a different charm.

On the 29th, in the second episode broadcast of "Boyfriend", Kim Jin Hyuk entered the "Dong Hwa Hotel" as a staff and participated in the new staff welcome dinner. From that point, his immersive performance began. After a few drinks, he suddenly took out the hangover drink from his bag and handed it to the staff who were drinking with him.

In the scenes, he looked extremely cute being visibly drunken with a red face and ears. Further, his “drunk tongue”, his doe-eyed look, and all kinds of funny and cute expressions, as if he was really drunk, showed his realistic and cute acting which gave the audience plenty of hearty laughs.

But this is only the beginning. After that, Park Bogum, who was alone on the road as he attempted to walk home, met Song Hye Kyo (she plays Cha Su Hyeon). This is where his drunken acting became even more radiant. The way he said, “Ggreeyy”; “Men are all about suits”, “I used my hand to shred the squid; my hand is very dirty", "The feeling of riding is not a joke”; “How much is it?” “You are great!” - all of these added a lot of fun to the plot and showed Park Bogum’s very own cute Drunk Acting. Park Bogum received a lot of praise from the audience for his cute expressions, tone injection and great drunken acting.

Trans by @4evgbogummy

Tweeted by @sword0616

• Like 12

9 hours ago, leedonghaek said:
10 hours ago, 122am said:

The saddest thing (and I may get the dreaded second lead syndrome for this) is, I read in the character summary that her ex-husband loves her so much and decided to divorce her because he was the only one who could make this decision, so that she can be happy again. I don't think there was any third party. He loves her, he married her but everyday seeing her dead face, he knows it is not the end solution. What a great man. I hope she eventually finds out about his true intentions and feelings. Maybe his mother (her mother-in-law) is evil, but he sacrificed his reputation to give her an exit. 

I kinda have a soft spot for the ex-husband after reading his character description. Seems like he does love her. 

Me too kinda feel something warm from CSH ex husband, Jung Woo Seok . He does love her for sure, the girl he met (as the 3rd party) only as a reason to divorce CSH so she can find her happiness. Honestly if I am a scriptwriter I will make another drama based on Jung Woo Seok loves to Cha Soo Hyun, it will make the plot rich guy fall for rich girl, since I rarely found kdrama with that plot as the main leads. 

But for now my love to KJH making CSH find happiness greater than JWS loves to CSH :wub:

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

@dvrels: The review is from dramabeans blog

My bad, sorry, I thought you are one of the writer in dramabeans:sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I just finished watching with English Sub, I just wanted to say that I would really be crazy about the chemistry of the two main actors SHK n PBG. 

SHK is very good at playing CSH characters who are cool but elegant anad PBG ooh my his acting exceeded my expectations. Simple story packed with interesting mix of charms from the two main actors the results are PERFECT. Maybe its call popular quote "SIMPLYCITY is the  ULTIMATE SOPHISTICATION"

DAEBAAKKK ENCOUNTER, FIGHTING !!

xJi624.gif
f3af51.jpg
lKYtiE.gif

their smile make my heart flutter, awweeee

r9T7KD.jpg
Zelojf.jpg

• Like 14

Finally i get watched ep 2 with sub, i'm so enjoying watching this ep :wub: , we get to know more oftheir characters in the daily life after the dreamy fatefully encounter in Cuba. I can sense behind her nickname as ice princess, she is a bright, curious, straightforward, cheerful and passionate person while JH is like an open book, bright and nice person, but he can be  stubborn as well. i'm looking forward how their rel develop and how they deal with their social differences.

I love to see CSH teases JH , tie zipper, gray and NAVY , buy 1 get 1 free :lol::lol:

tcHH5h.gif

QRri8u.gif

qw6wuf.gif

Spoiler

xzXJlQ.gif

@kyo dc

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1