[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Original Article: [osen] 'Boyfriend' Song Hyekyo Park Bogum, Destiny-like First Meeting.. Magic Starts

0003913093_001_20181128224824202.jpg?type=w540

0003913093_002_20181128224824251.jpg?type=w540

0003913093_003_20181128224824265.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-28%2Bat%2B10.15.57%2BPM.png

1. +2490, -313 It's been awhile since Park Bogum played in a drama, so I watched it because of him
2. +1609, -164 Ah so heart-fluttering...
3. +1369, -730 Honestly Song Hyekyo's acting is too~ similar, Park Bogum's hair looks like an ahjumma's. The story is childish and obvious that I couldn't stop laughing.. Am I the only one? Only the video was okay. I expected a lot but it's such a pity...
4.+889, -379 To be honest it's not funㅠㅠ
5. +842, -390 They don't match well, it's awkward...
6. +499, -80 As expected Song Hyekyo is pretty~
7. +359, -61 So funㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ
8. +406, -20 Park Bogum is so heart-fluttering especially when he smiles like that ㅠㅠ My heart hurts ㅠㅠ I'm gonna watch it again tomorrow
9.+49, -4 These two are so pretty...........

Most of the comments are positive...there is a significant number of negative comments with a corresponding significant number of downvotes....

The Cuban segment, especially for the young people, might be slow-paced. But I can understand the rationale for it in view of the laidback lifestyle of the people in the country...The encounter between the 2 leads involved a lot of conversation and if people are used to watching a fast-paced drama, they might find it boring...

Narrative-wise, cinematography, acting-wise I really cannot find fault with these...they were acting out their characters...Cha Soo Hyun is reticent by nature. Some still fuss about Bo Gum's hair. A lot find it awkward maybe because they are blurring the reel-real circumstances of the main leads. Moreover, isn't a first-time encounter with a person you're meeting for the first time awkward?

The only thing I thought was not so appropriate was the OST track played during their dancing scene. But that's me. Others might find it okay.

• Like 11

I read that korean viewers were amazed by the cinematography, directing and the actings although the lines were a bit mixed feelings, but overall it's good. Hopefully it gets better then.

The real-time rating looks good though.

AH, i need sub , have to wait for viki then and i was so happy when i saw it's licened on Viki and i think i can access it :w00t:

• Like 10

I have now watched ep1 with partly eng sub and i like it, not that i'm being biased or anything but i really like how ep 1 layed out, introducing us the viewes the leads, the directing was great. The sceneries were so beautifull. The lines actually were fine for me :D . it's overall good for the 1st ep.

haha, i see that some korean still complained about Bogum's hair :lol: , 

XEbkrB.jpg

• Like 12

Hello everyone I hope you're doing good!!! I really enjoyed the 1st episode it made me feel as if I was watching a movie, and found myself hoping that the whole drama would take place in Cuba lol (such a pretty country) ! So I really enjoyed it but I just hope that it won't become draggy and they will start creating problems that could have been easily avoided 

Oh and PBG's english is so good in my opinion !

• Like 11

The premiere of this drama was truly gorgeous, and very much like a movie. The cinematography and transitions were expertly done, and the atmosphere and people of Cuba were a wonderful way to draw out the characters of Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk. The fact that they meet by chance - and, of course, by fate - as strangers in a strange land with none of their societal constructs weighing them down is clearly going to be an important factor in all their future encounters.

I personally really enjoyed the acting, there was awkwardness, humor, tenderness and longing all blended really well together. But aside from Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo, I really loved Kwak Sun Young as the assistant. She was funny and fiery, and her friendly dynamic with Soo Hyun really shows the latter in the best possible light. Jang Seung Jo only had one scene as the ex-husband, but I'm already very intrigued by their loveless marriage and what role he'll play in our upcoming romance.

• Like 13