[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

45 minutes ago, rainy12 said:

he looks so young at the above picture, no wonder joong ki is not worried, he looks so young :D (my view as someone age 30's). btw thanks for bts! waiting for tomorrow and bts eps 2!

Actually he's born in 1993. He's 25 y.o. 

p73YVqu.gif

And Im sure joongki not worried about this, they're professionals.

Spoiler

Nt78CPV.gif

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, reijeanne said:

There seems to be a symbolism behind the swing in the playground -the one that is always shown in the preview and got a focus on ep 2. The one in the left that is always shown moving is where JH always sits. He said that he sits there whenever he's sad or happy. It got a focus after CSH dropped off the drunk JH. Maybe it represents JH's happiness coz they have gotten closer?

Exactly what I thought, as if that swing shows he's beating heart. And yeah welcome wednesday.

• Like 5

Donghwa Hotel is getting ready for a party, inauguration of a new branch. 

1378-B37-C-BCA9-4-B0-A-BE21-4423-FA6-D6- 

The resort is built on a beach, my guess is CSH and KJH are going to ditch the party, find themselves at the beach and the ex husband sees them when he’s leaving the party. 

• Like 11

Welcome to all new chingu here :star:

Finally, they released it (BTS). I love the interaction between the two (kyo and bogum) :wub:

@RobinM They changed it. She doesn't have a child.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:57 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@ahdrianaa  JWS was the one who asked for a divorce. In the episode 1, CSH said that he had told her that he had fallen in love with a woman and wanted to be with her. So in her eyes, JWS never loved her and he cheated on her.

I won't disagree with you that CSH's father (CJH) is also responsible for her misery as his career got boosted through CSH. But notice that JWS's mother contacted CSH's mother and not directly CJH. We have two possibilities:

• She contacted JMO because she knows that it was the mother who pushed for the arranged marriage in the first place. If so then, it means that the mother is the one with the upper hand in the marriage and even used her own husband for her own ambitions. This would explain why the father can't even stop his wife from hurting his daughter. If his wife was the ambitious and greedy one, then his career could have been pushed by her too. To me, the father's conversation with CSH showed more attention and concern. CSH seems to be close to her father than her own mother. 

The second one for me.
CJH is a kind father, but he seems powerless over his wife. CJH also sent Nam Myung Sik to accompany CSH when CSH entered Taekyung. Asked him to protect his daughter.

Yes, because Jin Mi Ok's great efforts, she made CJH as a mayor of Seoul. And for her next ambition, she has dreams to be a first lady. Jin Mi Ok is placed on the palm of Kim Hwa Jin's hand. As we can see, Jin Mi Ok seems very obedient of Kim Hwa Jin. Is there a reason behind that? Seems Taekyung Group's in control of Cha's family.

Just additional info,
Cha Jong Hyun, Nam Myung Sik, Kim Jung Pyo (Kim Sun Joo's oppa who was dead) were called The Three Musketeers during their Journalism college days.

Based on the Characters Description in here

http://program.tving.com/tvn/encounter/11/Contents/Html?h_seq=1

Edited by bohmi
  • Like 6

I know its drama but it just mind boggling how a ceo is so obedient to her mother. The ex-husband is no good either. Don't care if he felt she was unapproachable and went to cheat but later regrets it. If you leave your spouse for a better life, justified or not, don't look back. 

• Like 2

Regarding the CPI index, I'm surprised and happy that the CPI index of this drama can be that high at 326 since SH and JH's story doesn't seem very unique compared to Goblin, DOTS, and MLFTS. 

It's my first time watching melodrama so I hope this drama is not going to be a crying fest from beginning to the end....hoping for a good ep 3 also!

• Like 2

Two new star-studded series on tvN sweep weekly TV chart

Art/Culture 08:46 December 05, 2018

SEOUL, Dec. 5 (Yonhap) -- Two new television series, "Encounter" and "Memories of the Alhambra," both unveiled last week, swept the upper ranks of the weekly TV chart, data showed Wednesday.

The network's Wednesday-Thursday series by Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum fared better than the weekend series, starring Hyun Bin and Park Shin-hye, by 326.0 to 244.3, respectively, in Content Power Index (CPI) scores for the week of Nov. 26 to Sunday.

"Encounter" is a romantic drama that revolves around Cha Soo-hyun (Song), a high-powered politician's daughter who divorced a man from a chaebol family and the ordinary young man Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum). The two bump into each other in Cuba while traveling and spend some memorable time together. Back in Korea, they meet each other again in unexpected circumstances.

(skipped part)

This image provided by tvN shows the official poster for "Encounter," a new television series on the cable channel. (Yonhap)

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on the three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and the seven cable channels owned by CJ ENM, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20181205001300315?section=culture/arts-culture

@Buldok: Yes, it's Happy Boyfriend Day!

• Like 11

Eng Subbed of the Making of Episode 1

@yonaomi123https://aqstream.com/tvn/tvN and the 3 other streams 2, 3, and 4

So the reason Bo Gum laughed was because Song Hye Kyo asked him, "So you have been practicing salsa secretly? :D For Bo Gum fans, this is not surprising...he did the same for the MDBC Bombastic Teaser. :D

I have encountered the word "flutter" 2 times in Episode 2 (when Jin Hyuk answered that the idea of working in Donghwa Hotel makes his heart flutter; also when he told Cha Soo Hyun that Korean beef-the prospect of eating Korean beef---make his heart flutter, and now in the making the translation goes, it's the 1st day of shooting...makes my heart flutter... I wonder if that's the correct translation...isn't it more fitting to say "I am EXCITED"?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1