[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I thought the hair cut is pretty and makes SHK looks younger. I was actually thinking of getting SH's hair cut also hahahaha. My current hair style is not too different from SH so I just need to add the bang lol. However, I wonder if that bang takes a lot of maintenance though...

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

ANYEO BOYFRIEND CHINGUUUUUUUUSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I was waiting for this one. SHK! PBG! And in true fashion, they delivered. One thing I like about SHK as an actress is she establishes herself in whatever role she is playing from the start. It doesn't take her a few episodes to settle into her characters, she makes you forget about her from the very beginning, and that is so endearing.

Take me to CUBA! What a beautiful and scenic place to film a drama. Their beauty complimented their scenic surroundings perfectly. I love the pace of this drama. It is steady and it keeps you interested without any unnecessary angst. I love how right away we dispense with the backstory right in the opening sequence and we get right to the meat of the story. CSH is someone who lives a very sheltered and very rigid life. She isn't allowed to live it on her own terms nor is she really allowed to make any mistakes or show too much emotion. I really felt her suffocating.

Someone wrote that they felt she took her purse being stolen too well. But, that purse was a part of her armor. It also held her phone, which she could no longer be reached on. It held her identification, which she wanted to temporarily forget about. She really needed those hours in Cuba and I admire that she spent it resting, exploring, laughing, dancing and being doted on, albeit, by a complete stranger.

KJH represents the other side of the mirror for her. There is no one in her life like him. He's always smiling and laughing and remains positive. He is someone who isn't afraid of hard work and doesn't feel entitled to anything from anyone. He's honest and sincere. He slips up and tells the truth without consequence and that is so refreshing to someone like her who is always surrounded by people with agendas, judgments and lies.

If her ex-husband left her for another woman to make her jealous, then he is as dumb as he looks. I got the impression he wasn't very smart due to the fact that the hotel was not doing well. In such a short period of time, CSH has made it successful and even expanded the brand. I don't know what the ex-mother-in-law has in mind, but if she plans to steal the hotel back, she better hope that her son can maintain CSH's hard work, otherwise, they will be facing bankruptcy again.

Saddest moment for me wasn't when she met with her parents, although there clearly wasn't much warmth from them. It was when she was in the car with KJH after their ramen date and he cleared up that his favorite lady was his mother and that is who he was talking to that day. Then CSH asked how he could be so happy and laughing on the phone with his mother, I visibly cringed. That type of loneliness of not knowing what a healthy and happy relationship with a parent is like was just too sad for words.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Saddest moment for me wasn't when she met with her parents, although there clearly wasn't much warmth from them. It was when she was in the car with KJH after their ramen date and he cleared up that his favorite lady was his mother and that is who he was talking to that day. Then CSH asked how he could be so happy and laughing on the phone with his mother, I visibly cringed. That type of loneliness of not knowing what a healthy and happy relationship with a parent is like was just too sad for words.

<lurker jumping in>

Yes!  Same here!!  I hated that that was her response.  She was pitiful in that moment, and I almost wish that the drama had let us explore that moment more?  Although I suppose that we're going to be seeing a whole lot of pent-up angst and anger exploding soon enough within the Cha family.  What I'd really to see is whether or not SooHyun will ever get to experience that type of parental love that JinHyuk obviously received his whole life.  If two people could raise such an open and caring person like him, perhaps they could find it within themselves to make welcome someone with as much baggage as SooHyun.

• Like 15

Hopefully the behind the scene video gets subbed. Cast and crew seem to be having a blast and extremely impressed with PBG’s hip rolling even SHK looks genuinely amused when he was dancing in front of her. Very cute moments between the two main leads. 

@kdramalover12 sorry, I tried shazaming the song but couldn’t find the name. I am trying to find the song too.

edit - 8 month baby in love with CSH

• Like 10
  • LOL 2