[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Is there a way that foreign viewers can contribute to the ratings, livestream doesn’t count right? 

Have the sole rights to broadcast outside Korea been given to VIU? Going by the extremely positive ratings it would be great if the two leads would do a press junket outside Korea!

The drama has not finished shooting so is there a chance that it might get extended beyond the 16 episodes since the ratings look so promising. I would really prefer it if the slow burn could continue for another 2-3 episodes at the very minimum , not yet ready for the angst. 

• Like 5

âEncounterâ Tops Rankings Of Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

“Encounter” Tops Rankings Of Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

Dec 3, 2018
by DY_Kim

On December 3, the Good Data Corporation revealed the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from November 26 through December 2.

The results are based on the analysis of reactions on 34 dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

Several new dramas premiered and made strong debuts on the rankings.

tvN’s “Encounter” entered at No. 1 with a high percentage share of 16.87, while “Memories of the Alhambra” entered at No. 3 with 10.81 percent.

Other new dramas “Clean with Passion for Now,” “Death Song,” and “Fates and Furies” placed No. 5, No. 6, and No. 8, respectively.

The buzz for “SKY Castle” increased by 71.5 percent from the previous week, raising its ranking to No. 2 with a share of 10.84 percent.

1. tvN “Encounter” (16.87 percent)
2. JTBC “SKY Castle” (10.84 percent)
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” (10.81 percent)
4. SBS “The Last Empress” (8.11 percent)
5. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” (6.73 percent)
6. SBS “Death Song” (5.17 percent)
7. SBS “Where Stars Land” (3.87 percent)
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” (3.13 percent)
9. MBC “Children of Nobody” (3.01 percent)
10. tvN “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (2.69 percent)

Buzz.jpg

Actors of the new dramas dominated the ranking for cast members who dominated the most buzz. The “Encounter” leads took the first two spots, while actors of “Memories of the Alhambra,” “Clean with Passion for Now,” “Death Song,” and “Fates and Furies” also ranked high.

Check out the top 10 below:

1. tvN “Encounter” – Park Bo Gum
2. tvN “Encounter” – Song Hye Kyo
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Hyun Bin
4. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Kim Yoo Jung
5. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Park Shin Hye
6. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Yoon Kyun Sang
7. SBS “Death Song” – Lee Jong Suk
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” – Lee Min Jung
9. SBS “Death Song” – Shin Hye Sun
10. SBS “The Last Empress” – Jang Na Ra

Buzz-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1272777wpp/encounter-tops-rankings-buzzworthy-dramas-actors

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Dec 3, 2018
by DY_Kim

On December 3, the Good Data Corporation revealed the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from November 26 through December 2.

The results are based on the analysis of reactions on 34 dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

Several new dramas premiered and made strong debuts on the rankings.

tvN’s “Encounter” entered at No. 1 with a high percentage share of 16.87, while “Memories of the Alhambra” entered at No. 3 with 10.81 percent.

Other new dramas “Clean with Passion for Now,” “Death Song,” and “Fates and Furies” placed No. 5, No. 6, and No. 8, respectively.

The buzz for “SKY Castle” increased by 71.5 percent from the previous week, raising its ranking to No. 2 with a share of 10.84 percent.

1. tvN “Encounter” (16.87 percent)
2. JTBC “SKY Castle” (10.84 percent)
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” (10.81 percent)
4. SBS “The Last Empress” (8.11 percent)
5. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” (6.73 percent)
6. SBS “Death Song” (5.17 percent)
7. SBS “Where Stars Land” (3.87 percent)
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” (3.13 percent)
9. MBC “Children of Nobody” (3.01 percent)
10. tvN “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (2.69 percent)Buzz.jpgActors of the new dramas dominated the ranking for cast members who dominated the most buzz. The “Encounter” leads took the first two spots, while actors of “Memories of the Alhambra,” “Clean with Passion for Now,” “Death Song,” and “Fates and Furies” also ranked high.

Check out the top 10 below:

1. tvN “Encounter” – Park Bo Gum
2. tvN “Encounter” – Song Hye Kyo
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Hyun Bin
4. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Kim Yoo Jung
5. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Park Shin Hye
6. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Yoon Kyun Sang
7. SBS “Death Song” – Lee Jong Suk
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” – Lee Min Jung
9. SBS “Death Song” – Shin Hye Sun
10. SBS “The Last Empress” – Jang Na Ra
Buzz-1.jpgSource (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1272777wpp/encounter-tops-rankings-buzzworthy-dramas-actors

• Like 6

tumblr_pizh0fsvNG1sxg8vro3_r1_500.giftumblr_pizh0fsvNG1sxg8vro4_r2_500.gif
Encounter laid it's cards right away ,Song Hye Kyo & Park Bogum have proven their commanding presence by bringing to life the sentiments of their characters.
Opening Credits is  captivating
Spoiler
tumblr_pj0xs9Q7cu1x4xc8oo1_400.giftumblr_pj0xs9Q7cu1x4xc8oo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pj0xs9Q7cu1x4xc8oo3_r1_400.giftumblr_pj0xs9Q7cu1x4xc8oo4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pj0xs9Q7cu1x4xc8oo5_r1_400.giftumblr_pj0xs9Q7cu1x4xc8oo6_r1_400.gif

RjZFG6Y.jpg

• Like 20
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@ahdrianaa, @angel4, I posted the question several pages back and @gakE replied that it does not. Just the same I still videostream the episodes in real time in the hope that it would help in the ratings. :D

The advantage of the drama is that it has great appeal to those in their 30s, 40s and 50s who watch these episodes on TV. This helps a lot in the ratings.

• Like 5

TV ratings are mainly for the purpose of attracting advertisers/calculating advertising rates so it doesn't really make sense to include international audiences (eg Livestream) since they are not the target audience for the Korean advertisers. I give more credence to Korean ratings as I feel they accurately reflect the tastes of the Korean domestic market and the numbers are audited so seem less susceptible to being manipulated unlike in China.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:25 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. have you seen papparazzi following satya nadela everywhere..

papparazzi rather follow the kardashians

Your comparison isn't on par. She is the almagation of a prominent politician's daughter, a rich CEO and a beautiful socialite. Moreover, in the drama, she can't even have sashimi or ramyeon at a rest stop without having photos taken of her. That kind of suggests there are paparazzi around or she just draws a lot of attention wherever she goes. 

• Like 5

Hello everyone!!So far I'm loving Encounter and I think I've invested emotions with the characters already that I'm hoping for their happily ever after. This drama is definitely setting us up for a rollercoaster ride that I'm preparing my heart this early.:lol:

• Like 11

I noticed the director is the same as Jealousy Incarnate. The two dramas have very different styles in terms of cinematography. While the shooting for Encounter is superb, I guess we have to give credit to the scriptwriter for the many symbolisms (perhaps these are explicitly stated in the script). I do hope it will have a happy ending like Jalousy Incarnate.

• Like 9

@bohmi OMG thank you for that!! I love the opening and ending animation art so much :wub: I checked out the artist and his/her works are awesome :love:

https://www.kpopmap.com/park-bogum-is-the-perfect-uncle-on-the-set-of-encounter/

Park BoGum Is The ‘Perfect Uncle’ On The Set Of “Encounter”

DECEMBER 3, 2018

park bogum encounter, park bogum kid, park bogum kind, park bogum 2018

Park BoGum is well-known for his kind heart and consideration for others. This time the actor was seen being “the perfect uncle”, “a sweet dad”, or just “a caring older brother”.

The actor is currently filming for the drama “Encounter”. On the set, Park BoGum had to act with children. The actor was kind and attentive to the child actors. He was also trying to be close to them.

Some pictures of him and a child actor warm the heart of netizens. These pictures were uploaded by the mother of the child actor Yang HeeJae on Instagram. Take a look for yourself.

Spoiler

park bogum encounter, park bogum kid, park bogum kind, park bogum 2018park bogum encounter, park bogum kid, park bogum kind, park bogum 2018park bogum encounter, park bogum kid, park bogum kind, park bogum 2018

The mother explained that during the break time, Park BoGum came to HeeJae and offered first to take pictures together.

The actor would have won the hearts of kids on the set. Do you find the actor’s actions sweet?

• Like 11