[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

17 minutes ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

OMG, the way  you described this chingu is the way I also dreamt in my head. Happily ever after in the Cuba Hotel Garden. The best ending for me. You know I am very hopeful of love and I think love exudes positivism. 

@bebebisous33 Aww, seriously my dear chingu, I just dont know why you did not want a happy ending for everyone. I think, everyone has their chance to redeem themselves. It breaks my heart about this. :cold_sweat: . It is just me and that is you. 

For me all the sweet moments are winner but there are levels. I just can't choose. They are all perfectly done.  What a powerful those scenes! I just can't get enough so I am again watching from episode 1-12. 

Like I have said, for me life is like that... some don't have a happy ending. Besides, I am speaking out of experience. Strangely in my surroundings, I know many mothers who are not afraid of hurting their children due to their own delusions or their own greed. And all these mothers have until now never realized their own mistakes or their own shortcomings or even repented. I don't want to go into details ... but I am really not lying. Being a mother doesn't automatically mean, they are good by nature. Being a good mother is actually work and is influenced by your own personality.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

@dukesa1122 @roshzanna Oh, I think I know what you girls mean. I kind of do too as well LOL

Hide contents

Specially during the last part of the balcony :rolleyes: peace out

Excuse me for butting in on your conversation but I just wanna say that the balcony scene was so natural that I honestly saw them as PBG and SHK. I was so stunned with how amazing their chemistry was. 

Spoiler

putting this in spoiler because i might get kicked out of here with this but sometimes i wonder what could've been if encounter happened before dots. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 18

31 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

Ok..I will burst ( from annoyance , or from laughing , or crying , i can't decide ) if I don't share this ....

About the Twitter video that Tvn just posted on  the balcony kiss( posted earlier on thread by @leedonghaek

The subs say 

A touching moment , balcony kiss

The next day , Jin Hyuk, explain why you are so tired .. 

( translation credit to weibo) 

Can someone kill TVN , or the director , or .... after all the agony they put us through ... 

TVN is seriously messing with my brain 

:lol:

Ok, I know there have been quite a number of posts discussing this...but what do you make of what Jin Hyuk told Soo Hyun when he was putting her to sleep?

nLwSUlb.png

When he said "the last time" I could only think of this moment, i.e. balcony scene. :D

• LOL 18

50 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

Ok..I will burst ( from annoyance , or from laughing , or crying , i can't decide ) if I don't share this ....

About the Twitter video that Tvn just posted on  the balcony kiss( posted earlier on thread by @leedonghaek

The subs say 

A touching moment , balcony kiss

The next day , Jin Hyuk, explain why you are so tired .. 

( translation credit to weibo) 

Can someone kill TVN , or the director , or .... after all the agony they put us through ... 

TVN is seriously messing with my brain 

:lol:

@applegirl2

OMG, TVN twitter might take the side of "making love already" while we are debating about KJH&CSH's "already making love" or "not yet making love"

20 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Ok, I know there have been quite a number of posts discussing this...but what do you make of what Jin Hyuk told Soo Hyun when he was putting her to sleep?

When he said "the last time" I could only think of this moment. :D

@gumtaek

Could last time mean

1) in Cuba; or

2) the tea preparation(before going to Sokcho); or

3) on this bed when CSH got drunk

Actually I am a team from "not yet making love" KJH&CSH. :phew: 

I should not sway with TVN's quote. B)

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NongpeeP Well, right now I am expecting JWS trying to corner CSH and even threaten her with the hotel. Notice that he used the video to blackmail director Choi. I see a pattern here: He came many times to JH in order to scare our hero. However, since Chairman Kim and JWS have been warning each other that they might cut ties or punish the other for doing something they don't like, I believe that this thread will come true. But I still don't know how... if JWS decides to give up the hotel for CSH is one possibility. Another possibility is that the video JWS sent to director Choi could be used against him and his mother. This video proves who was responsible for the incident but JWS blamed CSH for this as she proved herself as not so competent. Let just say, when the chairman Kim realizes that JWS has done something which could harm her, she might decide to cut ties with him for not listening to her. 

@jl08 @lolipop86gorgeous But life is not like that: some people don't change. Broken families do exist and since this drama demystifies fairy tales, the ending should be realistic. KSJ will be a divorced mother for a while, until she realizes that driver Nam could be her prince charming. 

@bebebisous33

Agreed with you.

I have no hope for ex-husband's and his mom's change but CSH or KJH might do something to try improving the situation as CSH deserved, CSH&KJH's attempt is more than enough for me.

In our world, there are bad people, good people, somewhere in between the first 2 groups who try to survive in this world with most fairness.

In some situation, facing bad people might make some people to fight in their own way, no need to be too strightforward. This might make sense in reality of life. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Jemrie said:

so adorable together!

Hide contents

They're such cute drunks. It would be interesting to see them get drunk together.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 13

@stardustvoid: I don't see how it can be a mistranslation. JH's line before that was he has been "gentlemanly" in dealing with her in response to Soo Hyun's "I feel uncomfortable with the set-up, JH sharing her bed.

@NongpeeP: if we are talking about progression in relationship, the only plausible reference is the Cuban balcony scene. The other 2 options you listed do not hold. During the "tea scene" which was a prelude to JH's Sokcho transfer, his greed was to touch her hands and to hug her. Since the drama beautifully portrays the different stages of love, it does not make sense to skip several steps and jump right into the physical consummation of the relationship. It will be totally out of character as far as Jin Hyuk is concerned in the way he regards and treats Soo Hyun. @dukesa1122made a good point about Soo Hyun's behavior during their amusingly sweet and decent bed scene in Ep.12. The level of discomfort and awkwardness she felt when Jin Hyuk lay on her bed is very telling of what actually happened after the Cuban balcony kiss which ties in with what Jin Hyuk said in the screencap I posted.

I rest my case.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

"I had to control myself the last time"

Of all the translation for the drama, do you think this particular oh-so-life-squashing line could be mistranslated? 

I don't think that it is mistranslated. It can't be.

Oh God.

It has to be about KJH controlling himself after the steamy balcony kiss......

Why else did he look so tired and sleepy the next morning at the airport? He might have tried 'gymnastics' in bed after their kiss but decided that he should hold back.....  :D

Regarding the start of ep 11 - beach, sun, salsa, ride in the red car....out-of-this-world chemistry in the balcony kiss..... well..

Spoiler

it's in my mind all along that it's PBG and SHK being themselves...even at the beach when PBG jumped and asked "What is this?" when he stepped on something in the water and SHK was laughing at him...that was being themselves. All their actions in the red car too...they were sharing jokes and playing games with their fists....balcony kiss...I suspect that's their first kiss scene cos I see PBG being shy at the end of the kiss....that too, seems to be being themselves meaning they're at ease during the kiss scene. No offence intended. Just saying what I see.

The burning chemistry with our OTP in Encounter is really mind-blowing... :wub:

• Like 20
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

Hide contents

I mean seriously. That last 2 smooches is soo sweet. Its like KJH doesnt want to stop devouring her lips yet but she’s stopping so she made those ever so sweet and sticky and long smooch. But dang these two are so good, they almost fooled me really. If SHK wasnt married....... :sweat_smile:

@dukesa1122 I watched and read several actors/actresses' interview, some of them discuss about kiss scenes, affectionate scenes, and love scenes between Male lead and Female lead because presenting these scenes are meaningful to the characters which way they wanna bring story to audiences and what kind of emotions in each scene they wanna deliver on screen to suit the roles at particular timing.

Thorough discussion may be very helpful for the professional actors/actresses. 

In the Encounter's press conference, Encounter's director mentioned Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's chemistry from their professional acting which the director has not ever asked to set but PBG&SHK can portray and deliver on screen till the director was amazed till he wanna let audiences watch what he has watched too.

Song Hye Kyo mentioned in the Press Conference that she is comfortable to discuss with Park Bo Gum and the Director because their idea/view is compatible and smooth. 

As in recent Encounter's BTS, Park Bo Gum interviewed after kiss scene in Cuba that Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum discussed and Song Hye Kyo advised what he was not sure which way they should act.

When I watch Encounter's reruning from Ep.1 to Ep.12, I am much more amazed when I think about PBG&SHK's gradual flow from two stranger to two lovers with thick and thin situations when we in this forum have known the sequence is like these 

1. KJH with Long Hair has been film in Seoul;

2. KJH&CSH was in Cuba to film the two strangers in ep.1 and the deep lovers in ep.11 within a month.

3. KJH&CSH filmed the two strangers to develop feeling to be in Some relationship and to be Boyfriend/girlfriend. 

KJH&CSH's mood and tone in Ep.1 to Ep.12 has been seamlessly portrayed.

:thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

@stardustvoid: I don't see how it can be a mistranslation. JH's line before that was he has been "gentlemanly" in dealing with her in response to Soo Hyun's "I feel uncomfortable with the set-up, JH sharing her bed.

@NongpeeP: if we are talking about progression in relationship, the only plausible reference is the Cuban balcony scene. The other 2 options you listed do not hold. During the "tea scene" which was a prelude to JH's Sokcho transfer, his greed was to touch her hands and to hug her. Since the drama beautifully portrays the different stages of love, it does not make sense to skip several steps and jump right into the physical consummation of the relationship. It will be totally out of character as far as Jin Hyuk is concerned in the way he regards and treats Soo Hyun. @dukesa1122made a good point about Soo Hyun's behavior during their amusingly sweet and decent bed scene in Ep.12. The level of discomfort and awkwardness she felt when Jin Hyuk lay on her bed is very telling of what actually happened after the Cuban balcony kiss which ties in with what Jin Hyuk said in the screencap I posted.

I rest my case.

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

Basing from CSH reaction from the bed scene, that is not a girl’s reaction to someone who she already danced tango with in bed. She was nervous, uneasy and to put it bluntly, not ready. So no. I dont think they did the boomboom pow in Cuba.

@gumtaek  @dukesa1122

I tried to find any other translation but I can't find.

From your comments, others' comments in this forum, and my own guess,

I am still camping in the "not making love yet" scenario. B)

Even I am not sure whether it is too ideal in the real life after lovers kissed so passionately , hug amorously, and fongle amatorily in Cuba in front of the balcony of the private room in hotel esp. without others' eyes to make them be cautious as usual,

will lovers stop their actions at only kisses? Umm, Kdrama Land. :phew::lol:

10 minutes ago, jl08 said:

Of all the translation for the drama, do you think this particular oh-so-life-squashing line could be mistranslated? 

I don't think that it is mistranslated. It can't be.

Oh God.

It has to be about KJH controlling himself after the steamy balcony kiss......

Why else did he look so tired and sleepy the next morning at the airport? He might have tried 'gymnastics' in bed after their kiss but decided that he should hold back.....  :D

Regarding the start of ep 11 - beach, sun, salsa, ride in the red car....out-of-this-world chemistry in the balcony kiss..... well..

Hide contents

it's in my mind all along that it's PBG and SHK being themselves...even at the beach when KJH jumped and asked "What is this?" when he stepped on something in the water and SHK was laughing at him...that was being themselves. All their actions in the red car too...they were sharing jokes and playing games with their fists....balcony kiss...I suspect that's their first kiss scene cos I see PBG being shy at the end of the kiss....that too, seems to be being themselves. No offence intended. Just saying what I see.

And if Encounter was before DOTS....well...your guess is as good as mine.    

The burning chemistry with our OTP in Encounter is really mind-blowing... :wub:

@jl08 

Almost sway from the selected camp for our KJH&CSH. :P

By the way, offscreen in Press Conference and Encounter's BTS, PBG and SHK look like Noona and little Dongseng, Encounter's Chemistry is the magic of professional acting indeed. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

When he said "the last time" I could only think of this moment, i.e. balcony scene. :D

I think so too. It is the balcony scene. Why not, they are two mature people that are just so in love with each other.  KJH is in his 30's so it is not young anymore and so SH was a married woman before. But come to think of it,  do you observe how normal their characters are. I mean, JH as man of you see him who wants to explore more, wanting more- a typical man character (giggle here). This character, he just nailed it, portraying like this. Then,SH a typical reserve woman. You know as a woman we have this notion that  man will always be the one leading us.

Did you also observe the 2nd kiss in the balcony scene. SH is bending her head away from JH but JH 's head is again going forward to SH then Sh smiled and kissed him (the last kiss with a smile).  I just emphasized it because I just love how PBG acted that scene. PBG led SHK and SHK cooperated so well with PBG.

I think they did not do it (sorry) in Cuba. JH  respects SH so much and he knows her personality, but why he was sleepy in the airport because you couldn't sleep while the love of your life is beside you. (perv mind, sorry). I love them to do it after they get married.  It is more beautiful to watch. 

This kind of dialogues made me more excited. This is the beauty of this drama, you will chew it slowly to be able to enjoy it. What all of you say-the Process, yes,  you will enjoy every step of the process they are making in this drama. 

@winter spring summer  before DOTS? awww, i dont know also (omg, i am just so ecstatic of this thinking PBG and SHK in the real world). They are just so beautiful to watch. Explosive chemistry. I will say again - PBG led amazingly and SKH cooperated well in those intimate scenes.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Almost sway from the selected camp. 

By the way, offscreen in Press Conference and Encounter's BTS, PBG and SHK look like Noona and little Dongseng, Encounter's Chemistry is the magic of professional acting indeed

Right. Professional acting of course....lol.

Nah...I was just pleasantly surprised by the overflowing chemistry of our OTP..    .:D

• Like 9
  • LOL 5