[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@Jemrie and @jl08,

I love both of your posts. What I love about this scene below is the intimacy between KJH and CSH.  Actually this scene is to create exactly that sensual intimacy.  

1. Red and Black are sexual, sensual colors. 

2. The way KJH and CSH are glazing into each other eyes (made me wonder what he was telling her with his eyes--and her response).

3. The thing I find the most intimate is that gentle hand on her knees as he pushes her on the swing, the gentle rocking motion.  Just food for thought, in early songs, songwriters couldn't be sexually explicit in their lyrics, so they would use the word "rock" to imply intimacy...(Rock Me All Night Long, I want to Rock With You, My Man Rocks Me, etc.)

I say all of this, because I think this scene screams intimacy between two people in love. I love it!!!  :wub::wub:

A59NQ5.gif

• Like 21

I am still at episode 6 as I've been too busy to catch up. I have seen the kissing scenes and they are hot! They have unbelievable chemistry. I can't wait to see that episode. This series is a bit of a slow burn, but I love how it gets to its destination. I get stressed out by the mothers (CSH's mother and MIL) in this series, but they are really effective in their roles. Haven't check this thread for a while as well since I don't want spoilers. But I saw their kissing scenes and I was done for! Hahahaha!! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 10

1 hour ago, winter spring summer said:

They're such cute drunks. It would be interesting to see them get drunk together.

@winter spring summer, as a personal pet peeve of mine, I would prefer to cut drunk scenes out of k-dramas...I think they send the wrong message to young impressionable minds. Instead of dealing with their problems, it teaches 'drown your sorrows in alcohol'. I really started paying attention to this years ago after watching an episode of "Dad, Where are We Going?" (reminds me of Return of Superman).  One fo the kids on the show talked a lot about how he wished his dad didn't drink so much.  I especially hate that K-drama shows so many young women getting falling down drunk and left in a vulnerable state. In a lot of countries, including Korea, woman in such a state can be and are a lot of times sexually molested...but drams don't show that real side of getting drunk in public. I'm still waiting to find 1, just one, adult K drama where someone doesn't get drunk. 

Our couple is cute just as they are. I want to see more wonderful pics of CSH and KJH with a clear head facing their problems with a clear head. Don't get me wrong, I do think people need to be able to unwind in they own way, but I don't want to see two people getting drunk and ending up in bed together. I would rather that decision happen with a clear head.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, applegirl2 said:

@gumtaek@dukesa1122@NongpeeP and everyone else

I checked the tvn translation on my recorded episodes of Encounter on cable tv..the official translation  of what jh says is..

We have a lot of tea at home .. why would i want to drink tea and go home .. 

So nothing about controlling himself.. but I remember reading earlier that someone said that in Korean.. the sentences sound similar ? 

Any way,  I also agree that I don't think they have done ' that 'yet .. Cos of sh's uneasiness over his presence in her bed at home.

Just that the balcony scene at end of 10 .. was extremely sexy and suggestive of more .. but in epi 11, they had reverted to a more chaste version of the balcony kiss.. so my friends and I were a little thrown off.. 

And now that TVN has made this comment on that video.. it just messes with our thought processes ..  

So yeah.. TVN.. he was tired cos he had to control himself and sleep on the sofa .  WHAT ELSE WERE YOU INSINUATING ???? or go check with the director yourselves and come back to all of us very concerned viewers  with an answer please .. 

@applegirl2

Thank you so much. 

"We have a lot of tea at home .. why would i want to drink tea and go home .. "

This translation looks very smooth:

When CSH mentioned let KJH drink tea and go home and KJH responded we have a lot of tea at home...why would I want to drink tea and go home.

I tried to find another translation but I can't because I read in this forum that sometimes viki or other source might translate some conversation more crystal clear esp. for the particular Korean idiom or Korean gag.  

Luckily, you have already been able to.

2 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

@icyphoenix

I tried to find another source of info I read in early December that the Encounter's budget is slightly higher than this approx 1/6 but I can't find such news yet.  

Due to the news about PBG&SHK's acting rate, PBG&SHK's payment approximately 1/3 of such production cost, not sure whether they have extra variable pay deal upon copyright selling or not.:star:

Anyway, at the very beginning after on air, Bon Factory Worldwide, Encouter's  production company can make huge profit from selling Copyright over 100 countries and full CFs supported by advertising breaks and inserted endorsements in the drama.

Therefore, the production might receive more budget than planned for crews(&casts).

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

@NongpeeP

Don’t get too emotional with us :sweat_smile: of course we know that that scene was shot the 1st month in Cuba. And we know that they are just superb actors. Thats the whole point of what we are saying :lol: They are so believable, you cant help but close your eyes and remind yourself that they are just acting :D

@dukesa1122

Haha, I am typing to concentrate on my camp, not sway to the scenario of "KJH&CSH already". :phew: 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

On 1/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Sorry for quoting myself but I had interpreted the drawing right from the start.

- the choice CSH had to face.

- the door as a symbol for a family and home!

Actually, I never doubted her one second. I knew, she would choose JH over wealth. Actually, she never wanted to live in that kind of world.

Actually, for me, it would be interesting if she loses the hotel. I don't have any doubt she will be successful with another kind of job or another business. But mostly, I would like CSH to scream at them: you can't buy me. Take the money, I don't care. It would be interesting she marries KJH and actually become middle class with him. It would also be a reversal of the typical fairy tale where the couple are not only incredibly handsome but also rich. Why do you have to be rich to be happy?

I would like her to prove everybody, she can be perfectly happy with less. And leave the evil ones enjoy selfishly their rotten wealth by themselves alone LOL. 

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, emmafaye said:

Actually, for me, it would be interesting if she loses the hotel. I don't have any doubt she will be successful with another kind of job or another business. But mostly, I would like CSH to scream at them: you can't buy me. Take the money, I don't care. It would be interesting she marries KJH and actually become middle class with him. It would also be a reversal of the typical fairy tale where the couple are not only incredibly handsome but also rich. Why do you have to be rich to be happy?

I would like her to prove everybody, she can be perfectly happy with less. And leave the evil ones enjoy selfishly their rotten wealth by themselves alone LOL. 

@dukesa1122I agree with this idea. Since I see this drama as a way to "demystify" the fairy tales, the proper ending would be that she is no longer a princess, but a happy commoner. Money is no guarantee for happiness. However, I would like her to become the real CEO of Donghwa hotel, not because of her relationship to T. Group but due to her hard work. She has once said that Donghwa Hotel is not belonging to Taegyeong Group and it would be great if this hotel becomes independent of T. Group for real. So far, chairman Kim sees it as her property.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

However, I would like her to become the real CEO of Donghwa hotel, not because of her relationship to T. Group but due to her hard work. She has once said that Donghwa Hotel is not belonging to Taegyeong Group and it would be great if this hotel becomes independent of T. Group for real. So far, chairman Kim sees it as her property.

This is exactly what I want the ending to be. T.G. has so much holes in their plot that CSH can use to nullify that stupid richard simmons of a contract. Ex MIL’s lawyer even pointed out that the contract was vague and not very specific so it’s a foreshadow that CSH might find a loophole around that contract. 

In my POV, CSH losing the hotel and being average class for KJH is conflicting with the idea of “women” in power which this drama has highlighted so much since episode 1. 

• Like 19

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dukesa1122I agree with this idea. Since I see this drama as a way to "demystify" the fairy tales, the proper ending would be that she is no longer a princess, but a happy commoner. Money is no guarantee for happiness. However, I would like her to become the real CEO of Donghwa hotel, not because of her relationship to T. Group but due to her hard work. She has once said that Donghwa Hotel is not belonging to Taegyeong Group and it would be great if this hotel becomes independent of T. Group for real. So far, chairman Kim sees it as her property.

34 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

This is exactly what I want the ending to be. T.G. has so much holes in their plot that CSH can use to nullify that stupid richard simmons of a contract. Ex MIL’s lawyer even pointed out that the contract was vague and not very specific so it’s foreshadow that CSH might find a loophole around that contract. 

In my POV, CSH losing the hotel and being average class for KJH is conflicting with the idea of “women” in power which this drama has highlighted so much since episode 1. 

@bebebisous33@dukesa1122

Agreed with your idea and comment.

Men or Women in love does not need to sacrifice any other things in life to show it is true love. 

Doing the best for love, deserved right in business, and diligent work could be done at the same time.

Donghwa Hotel with sucessful outcome and bright future expansions is CSH's hard working payoff that CSH deserved. 

CSH's divorce's contract states:
1. CSH must attend any family event that ex-husband's mom ask CSH to; and

2. CSH must not create any unfortunate happenings

(which ex-husband's mom explained that CSH should maintain her dignity even after divorce and should not do anything to harm T.G. family's reputation, according to Encounter ep3) 

Are there any lawyer related in this forum?

I interpret that it is the divorce contract for the divorcee who has single status as same as a single woman.

Therefore, upon such circumstances,

1) seeing someone;

2) dating; or

3) having boyfriend; or

3) re-marrying

should not be considered as "unfortunate happenings"; otherwise, it shall clearly state in the divorce contract that this woman shall not have any love life no matter what the status is. 

For "1. CSH must attend any family event that ex-husband's mom ask CSH to" clause, I hope CSH has plan to handle. 

I cheer the concept that CSH in love will do things wiser and more carefully in order to enjoy her life, rather than wasting time to correct incident.

• Like 16

@NongpeeP

Right. “Unfortunate Happenings” can be translated to a thousand different things. Being divorced from ex MIL’s son, means legally, WS and CSH have no personal or emotional ties whatsoever. So whoever she dates after him won’t hurt TG, legally.

Vrb27b.png

abtyzp.png

To which the ex MIL replies

Spoiler

3qx6OX.png

wYPiLn.png

• Like 18

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@winter spring summer, as a personal pet peeve of mine, I would prefer to cut drunk scenes out of k-dramas...I think they send the wrong message to young impressionable minds. Instead of dealing with their problems, it teaches 'drown your sorrows in alcohol'. I really started paying attention to this years ago after watching an episode of "Dad, Where are We Going?" (reminds me of Return of Superman).  One fo the kids on the show talked a lot about how he wished his dad didn't drink so much.  I especially hate that K-drama shows so many young women getting falling down drunk and left in a vulnerable state. In a lot of countries, including Korea, woman in such a state can be and are a lot of times sexually molested...but drams don't show that real side of getting drunk in public. I'm still waiting to find 1, just one, adult K drama where someone doesn't get drunk. 

Our couple is cute just as they are. I want to see more wonderful pics of CSH and KJH with a clear head facing their problems with a clear head. Don't get me wrong, I do think people need to be able to unwind in they own way, but I don't want to see two people getting drunk and ending up in bed together. I would rather that decision happen with a clear head.

Wow my comment wasn't really that deep but you replied with a long lecture about drinking.

Well, when I said it would be interesting to see them both drunk, I'm just referring to their cute antics and certainly not about them doing intimate scenes because I would also prefer them doing it while sober. 

Anyway we all know about Koreans' drinking culture so I think that's why we always see it in dramas. Although I'm not defending their love for drinking because I'm not a fan of it either.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer to cut drunk scenes out of k-dramas...I think they send the wrong message to young impressionable minds. Instead of dealing with their problems, it teaches 'drown your sorrows in alcohol'.

Thank you for saying this.   Showing excessive drinking as an acceptable and even laudable answer to life's problems or joys is a dreadful message.  Some people simply cannot drink responsibly and have a tendency toward alcoholism.  Alcoholism destroys lives and ruins families.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

35 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

Wow my comment wasn't really that deep but you replied with a long lecture about drinking.

Well, when I said it would be interesting to see them both drunk, I'm just referring to their cute antics and certainly not about them doing intimate scenes because I would also prefer them doing it while sober. 

Anyway we all know about Koreans' drinking culture so I think that's why we always see it in dramas. Although I'm not defending their love for drinking because I'm not a fan of it either.

15 minutes ago, thistle said:

Thank you for saying this.   Showing excessive drinking as an acceptable and even laudable answer to life's problems or joys is a dreadful message.  Some people simply cannot drink responsibly and have a tendency toward alcoholism.  Alcoholism destroys lives and ruins families.

@lclarakl  @winter spring summer @thistle

I do not support drinking alcohol or smoking too. I really understand what you meant. 

In Encounter, KJH's role is the newly hired employee in PR team which he might have to blend in with this culture to break the ice.

The storyline let this scene lead to another situation that CSH met Drunk KJH and took him home in order to repay what he helped her in Cuba which also result in the comedy scene between KJH&CSH in such night time. This also proceeded to another important scene during newsly hired employee&CEO's interview to let CSH think about asking to go to the rest area together.

The consequence was on the tabloid which started all situation later from two strangers to two lovers.

This alcohol scene is very essential to the script and compatible to working culture in Korea. 

However, this is another scene in Encounter to show the power of acting because Park Bo Gum in real life is not both an alcohol drinker and a smoker.

PBG-alcohol.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3