Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

This totally slipped my mind but thanks to reading all your comments I just remembered. So here goes.

Spoiler

The dinner with So Young aka Rich Heiress could go either way depending on the writer. For instance, as some of you have mentioned the two ladies decided to pull a surprise on Dae Rook forcing him to either attend the meal without his being aware of the fact or he is being forced into it. While it does make sense for the former to be the case since he is still in love with Doran he would under normal circumstances never agree to said date with So Young otherwise.

Him being forced into marrying her could be possible as well but we would probably need a whole lot of luck to make that work.

For instance, we could have the following scene play out.

Bom and Food suddenly find themselves struggling for Capital for some reason (so far unlikely since that hasn’t been indicated) but not impossible. For instance, the Dad signed a deal that isn’t favorable to them due to not reading the contract properly because he was worried about some event in his family (take your pick). So where would they get said funds. Suddenly Daya has a brainstorm that can solve all their problems. Dae Rook marries So Young. Her family being rich and all would surely invest in their In Law as they wouldn’t want them to go bankrupt and all. So she first convinces her MiL of this fact. To make this scene even more hilarious we can have her imagine a life of them being broke and them living in a small house (bonus points if said house is Doran’s old home). Now since they can’t afford servants or even house them she has to make the meals for her husband. So for starters she toasts him some bread but it gets burnt she can then continue to imagine how her husband will scold her for that. She snaps out of her nightmare and shakes her head before agreeing to Daya’s suggestion of getting Dae Rook married of to Rich Girl. How she manages to convince him needs to be seen. Won’t be easy. Rich Girl will probably agree to said marriage since she already likes him and his eyeing him and may think that he still has some sort of feelings towards her or that since he had them once they will eventually return if they get together.

This being a drama it may very well turn out that her family may be suffering themselves. Perhaps her previous husband’s family took over her family business and kicked them out. (probably not possible otherwise it would be in the gossip news and Daya and Company would be aware of this fact unless it was covered up really well) So anyway they think that they are getting a good deal when it is anything but. Somehow Doran discovers this and decides to reveal this fact to the family in the nick of time. At first they are in doubt because they may think that she is just making up stuff so that Dae Rook can’t get married but she has evidence to back up her claims. Finally the MiL realizes just what a big mistake that she was about to make and starts to warm up towards Doran and finally accept her as her DiL again. Basically Doran needs to do something major for her to be accepted back into that family. The father isn’t the issue but the two ladies. Even Daya’s husband isn’t Anti her as he mentioned how the house felt empty without his grandmother and Doran there. Then again who am I to say this will happen as @jechoi1pointed out that could be a semi innocent meal that Dae Rook was roped into without knowing that he was being set up. Regardless of the fact we know that Daya was probably the instigator as usual.

As for Mr. Kang and the Gorae incident I guess we can go something along the following lines.

Gorae finds out that he has cancer and thinks that he is going to die because for some reason he thinks that it isn’t such a good idea to break this news to his family. Perhaps he thinks that he shouldn’t worry them as they already have so much on their plates. So he decides to take his wife out and give her a treat. He plans on doing everything that she planned on doing with her husband as a couple. After letting her have one of her best times with him he decides to drop the bomb on her that he wants a divorce from her. Instead of revealing the reason he tells her that he doesn’t love her anymore or something to that extent. Breaking her heart. Yet somehow she and her MiL discover the truth. They refuse to let him go. Infact Miran even offers to get herself tested later on to see if she is a match for him. This action moves her MiL and they realize that they have something in common after all namely a person that they care for. The MiL will also be further touched that Miran who isn’t related to him by blood is willing to go so far that she is willing to give up her liver and all. This will eventually be the key to mending their relationship as well as get her accepted into their family as well.

Unfortunately, it will turn out that neither of them are a match. Have no idea why Daya can’t be included. Perhaps she isn’t a match as well and the Uncle is delayed so he can’t make it in time or by the time he arrives it might be too late. Hong Joo isn’t made aware of this fact till much later on due to her having her own issues and all. But when she does she heads over to the hospital only to spot Mr. Kang over there as well. (perhaps he doesn’t see her) but she somehow figures out why he was there. Remember the matter between patient and doctor confidentiality is almost nil in said dramas plus she notes him in that area and all so she figures it out. This further moves Hong Joo. If we want, we can have her confront him and ask him why is he doing something like this when her family has treated him so badly and he could have totally ignored the matter even if he was guilty. But he tells her that isn’t the case and that is something that he needs to do to make some sort of amends towards her family for his actions but to keep it a secret from everyone else. She is hesitant but finally agrees to his terms.

Though she will eventually be forced to reveal what he did because Gorae and his family will be unaware of said deed and most probably his mother will head over to make a scene and blame Mr. Kang for something else Perhaps she will blame him for Goraes condition. Ie she was so out of it that when her husband died that she couldn’t take care of her son and thus Mr. Kang is responsible for that. I know that this doesn’t make sense but since this is a drama lets go with that. She continues to be like this until Hong Joo finally has had enough. (perhaps she comes in when her sister is being like this). She then drops the bomb on her revealing that if it wasn’t for Mr. Kang her precious son would already be dead. This shocks her and demands and explanation. After getting one she is probably in denial until evidence is brought up and gets confirmation from the doctor etc this finally gets her to calm down and thus the road to forgiveness finally starts which will eventually finish when she discovers that Mr. Kang has always been innocent etc

As for the matter of the loan shark while I do think that he will eventually confess to his crime it won’t be easy. A lot of persuading is going to be necessary to make it happen. While he does feel a bit guilty he thinks that it is unnecessary because Mr. Kang has already done his time as well as is doing well etc The only reason that can make him change his mind is if he witnesses Daya or her mother behaving in a manner such as slapping Mr. Kang for the death of the Dentist that he will realize that he was seriously mistaken or the fact that people are still spray painting on his shop walls or throwing eggs that he may feel guilty enough to come clean. Otherwise no amount of pleading from Mr. Kang is going to work for some time.

Anyway that should cover some of the other points. Going to bed now. So take care all of you and keep posting as I am looking forward to reading them.

What I am waiting for is the moment its proven that DR's father did not kill DY's dad. For so long they hated the suppose murderer and sent an innocent man to prison based on what was told so long ago. No one ever thought about that man's reasons or that it could have been just an ugly accident and the father was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In trying to be a good person and stop a thief he ended up stabbed instead of DR's dad. How much crow will they have to eat when its proven he did not kill the man but was instead knocked out by the man and did not even see the man being stabbed and he tried to help but was said to be the culprit. He lost his wife and his daughter lost both her parents all in one night. 

DY and her brother at least had their mother where DR had no one but the close brother of her father to raise her as his own and she still suffered at the  hands of the wife of the man. Although her sister is nice she gets on my nerves as well. DR has lost her husband and she is crying to her about the man dying in the preview. She may not have mistreated DR but she depended on her a lot and seems a bit selfish due to her mothers influence in some cases. Its unintentional but what should DR do about the poor man being ill?What can she do? We have all thought of this possibility I bet and prolly posted pages ahead of me and that is DR's dad giving part of his kidney. If nothing else its for the guilt of the man being killed in his place. When it was because the man got in the way trying to stop him from stealing the money. 

All of them owe DR and her father a huge round of apologies for how they behaved I can't stand DR's former mother in law or DY. The woman has been biased against DR from the beginning and has a rude personality. As for DY she has disliked DR as well thinking she was beneath her and has certainly been very vocal about the person who harmed her father and wanting to "Take Care" of them. I can understand the grief and anger at the person they thought killed the man its human nature. And I can understand thinking that his going to jail and then getting out is not enough punishment for what they all thought he did. But at the same time everyone met and liked DR and her father and no one ever considered to let the past go and forgive even with the pain of loss. Both she and her mom will never want to apologize willingly for how they treated them after the truth comes out. Its going to prolly be because Mr. Kong and DR are so nice and forgiving that they are not made to say I am sorry. Both will understand that it was due to grief and anger and let them off. But a huge lesson needs to be taught to DY , her mother and her mother in law over how they judged and treated people. 

As for how they are using DR to take care of Halmoni. Well on one hand I am happy because DR truly cares for the woman and she for DR. On the other hand I am angry and I do not blame DR's ex for being mad too. You force them to divorce and then use her to take care of the woman until she is well and then comes to get her. What happens if Halmoni's lucid spells continue to get farther and farther away? Will DR be stuck for the rest of her life taking care of the woman? She has to make a living and live her life as well. 

That's just my two cents. 

So you’ll think Kang will be the secret donor, but I read somewhere, from another website, according to Korea’s law, the living donor organ transplant are restricted only within the family.  So Kang can’t bc is neither married to HJ or part of he family, so he would either have persuade HJ to register their marriage.  But I doubt the writer is going to follow the rules.  

6 minutes ago, Jamie Hartford said:

So you’ll think Kang will be the secret donor, but I read somewhere, from another website, according to Korea’s law, the living donor organ transplant are restricted only within the family.  So Kang can’t bc is neither married to HJ or part of he family, so he would either have persuade HJ to register their marriage.  But I doubt the writer is going to follow the rules.  

Perhaps HJ hearing about her nephews illness will get together with Kang and suggest they marry if he gets the denial first so that they can save his life. But they both decide to hide that it was Kang that did it and pretend to have gone on a honeymoon in order for Kang to recover from the surgery. 

4 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Perhaps HJ hearing about her nephews illness will get together with Kang and suggest they marry if he gets the denial first so that they can save his life. But they both decide to hide that it was Kang that did it and pretend to have gone on a honeymoon in order for Kang to recover from the surgery. 

That’s a good theory.  The writer is gonna make HJ cry again, haha! 

15 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

That’s a good theory.  The writer is gonna make HJ cry again, haha! 

Hi everyone,  I love this drama  its made me laugh, cry, and at times pissed off. Grandma

Keeps me in stitches , DY and The MIl make me dislike my in laws even more lol. DR And Mr Kang are me , They are both too good for these

folks. I feel sometimes I am too nice to people , who rather I drop off the face of the earth. I cant speak for everyone but sometimes we take people in our lives for granted, Its a very small world , You don't  know when your going to need  someone, It maybe that person you cant stand to be around. 

On another note , I might get a flogging for this but here it goes, I hope WDR and DR do reunite at the end. I feel as though they went through so much to be together. They were ripped apart through no fault of their own. I'm sorry I cant 

see WDR without DR, That rich girl is no comparison  to DR , She definitely not pretty as she is.

I thought about Mr Kang at first saving GR , But now I feel it would make more sense for HJ to save him. Mr Kang needs help to clear his name so he and DR can forever close this painful chapter in their lives and move on. 

21 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

What I am waiting for is the moment its proven that DR's father did not kill DY's dad. For so long they hated the suppose murderer and sent an innocent man to prison based on what was told so long ago. No one ever thought about that man's reasons or that it could have been just an ugly accident and the father was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In trying to be a good person and stop a thief he ended up stabbed instead of DR's dad. How much crow will they have to eat when its proven he did not kill the man but was instead knocked out by the man and did not even see the man being stabbed and he tried to help but was said to be the culprit. He lost his wife and his daughter lost both her parents all in one night. 

All of them owe DR and her father a huge round of apologies for how they behaved I can't stand DR's former mother in law or DY. The woman has been biased against DR from the beginning and has a rude personality. As for DY she has disliked DR as well thinking she was beneath her and has certainly been very vocal about the person who harmed her father and wanting to "Take Care" of them. I can understand the grief and anger at the person they thought killed the man its human nature. And I can understand thinking that his going to jail and then getting out is not enough punishment for what they all thought he did. But at the same time everyone met and liked DR and her father and no one ever considered to let the past go and forgive even with the pain of loss. Both she and her mom will never want to apologize willingly for how they treated them after the truth comes out. Its going to prolly be because Mr. Kong and DR are so nice and forgiving that they are not made to say I am sorry. Both will understand that it was due to grief and anger and let them off. But a huge lesson needs to be taught to DY , her mother and her mother in law over how they judged and treated people. 

Sorry to cut your post short.

I think we need to remember that Kang set in motion the events that lead to DY's dad's death.  Yes, he was innocent of murder, but I don't think it's all that clear cut that he's actually not guilty.

Fact-1: Kang tried to steal money.

Fact-2: DY's dad acted as a Good Samaritan and tried to apprehend/stop Kang from running away.  And, at that time, they thought that Kang was running away from a crime scene (injury/death of LS) as well as stealing money.

Fact-3: Kang, instead of surrendering himself, engaged with DY's dad and struggled, trying to get away.

It's foreseeable that someone may become injured.  And the law is often times all about whether or not something is foreseeable.  The LS stepping in and trying to stab Kang acts as a superseding act, but Kang is the one that is responsible for setting up the scene and circumstances in the first place.  I'm not sure what, but I think Kang is still guilty of a crime on some level.  Not murder, but perhaps even an accessory to murder?  Or even a type of felony assault or something to that degree because Kang was in the process of committing a crime when DY's dad was stabbed.

Second point (about the section I bolded).  I think the fact that everyone (or most everyone) liked DR and Kang is part of the problem.  Can you imagine how betrayed you would feel if you were any of the Wangs?  They brought him into the family, he lived on the property, he was entrusted with the care of Grandmother (who was very vulnerable due to her Alzheimer's), Wang Sr even gave him a loan, the entire family (other than Bratface) treated him extremely well.  So imagine the betrayal that they felt.  And, quite honestly, the moment that the Wang family learned that Kang was DR's dad, I think that Kang should have either confessed (which, of course, he can't do), or left DR.  It's a horrible thing to say, yes, but Kang at that time knew that he had a serious criminal record.  Should that ever come to light, it was going to be a HUGE scandal.  It's that sense of betrayal that the Wangs can't get over and I can't blame them for it.  I don't agree with most of Madame Wang's thoughts or actions, but on this point I have to agree.  I also would not want Kang or even DR at that point near my family.  I would not want them in my house, and I would not want to send Grandma to their house either.  They still haven't explained anything, she "knows" that Kang killed DY's dad, there is just no way that DR and DY can live in the same house or be an extended part of the same family at that point, and DR has told a HUGE lie at this point. Not just that DR knew her dad had a criminal record, but that she knew her dad was convicted of murder.

2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

DY can live in the same house or be an extended part of the same family at that point, and DR has told a HUGE lie at this point.

I would like to make point here. DR did not LIE about her Dad' s crime. Remember when Madam Airhead asked if there was anything DR needed to tell her after Mr Kang's crime became known to DR, WDR came in and cut them off and took DR out of the room. When DR asked him how they were going to address her dad's crime to his parents, WDR shrugged it off and said they will deal with it when the time came. He let her down. He should have had a plan. Instead he chose to bury his head in the sand and left DR out to dry on it. Your points are well taken but let's not enter facts that are not in evidence.

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

I would like to make point here. DR did not LIE about her Dad' s crime. Remember when Madam Airhead asked if there was anything DR needed to tell her after Mr Kang's crime became known to DR, WDR came in and cut them off and took DR out of the room. When DR asked him how they were going to address her dad's crime to his parents, WDR shrugged it off and said they will deal with it when the time came. He let her down. He should have had a plan. Instead he chose to bury his head in the sand and left DR out to dry on it. Your points are well taken but let's not enter facts that are not in evidence.

You're right that WDR pulled her out of the room. He was probably thinking that Kang's past would never be revealed.  But imo, lying by omission is still lying.  MIL asked DR directly, and DR allowed herself to be pulled out.  She could have confessed to MIL later, but she never did.  So to me, it's the same as lying because she made a conscious choice to go along with WDR and her dad and hope for the best that no one would find out.  I'm not saying that DR is the only one at fault here, but I don't agree that she's completely innocent where the Wang family is concerned either.  And, I think that WDR pulling her out was a cop out.  Even if he had not, I don't think that DR would have confessed.  If WDR had not pulled her out, I really do think that DR would have lied and told her MIL that there was nothing she was hiding.

3 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

You're right that WDR pulled her out of the room. He was probably thinking that Kang's past would never be revealed.  But imo, lying by omission is still lying.  MIL asked DR directly, and DR allowed herself to be pulled out.  She could have confessed to MIL later, but she never did.  So to me, it's the same as lying because she made a conscious choice to go along with WDR and her dad and hope for the best that no one would find out.  I'm not saying that DR is the only one at fault here, but I don't agree that she's completely innocent where the Wang family is concerned either.  And, I think that WDR pulling her out was a cop out.  Even if he had not, I don't think that DR would have confessed.  If WDR had not pulled her out, I really do think that DR would have lied and told her MIL that there was nothing she was hiding.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think she would have told them if her husband had not asked her to keep it to herself. She was defering to WDR about how to deal with his family. 

My wife does the same. If I ask her to let me deal with or provide a solution to a matter with my family members she bites her tongue. I return the same courtesy and hold my peace as well when she asks me to towards her family. We also trust each other to honor those commitments.; but, we are old fashioned. 

No. WDR failed here. He asked her to let him deal with it and she did. It was his responsibility to manage it. He failed his wife and it cost him his marraige. 

However, in my culture the couple’s marraige is more important than any sense of duty to the extended family so that is the lens I am looking through.

12 hours ago, Doloris B said:

I thought about Mr Kang at first saving GR , But now I feel it would make more sense for HJ to save him. Mr Kang needs help to clear his name so he and DR can forever close this painful chapter in their lives and move on. 

Sorry to cut your post, as much as I would love for HJ to save GR, but it will seem that HJ will have a problem of her own.  I feel like the writer is going to reveal HJ has bipolar disorder, I don't know if she would be able to donate or not.  This why I think the writer is making everyone having problems and Kang is the only healthy one, so he would be the only one that can donate.  Well, I don't know what DY's problem is tho. 

Mr. Kang finds the LS and WDR sees them together. So... maybe WDR will be the one helping Mr. Kang then?

39 minutes ago, luvabe said:

Mr. Kang finds the LS and WDR sees them together. So... maybe WDR will be the one helping Mr. Kang then?

I am loving WDR spotting them together. I also wonder why DR is at her ex-inlaws home? 

4 hours ago, smhelen said:

I am loving WDR spotting them together. I also wonder why DR is at her ex-inlaws home? 

Grandma had a dementia episode and Miss Jo

called her to come over to get her asap.

2 hours ago, Doloris B said:

Grandma had a dementia episode and Miss Jo

called her to come over to get her asap.

I'm loving this scene. WDR is probably still in the house calming halmoni. LOL
The rich girl looks upset, double LOL

I hope the angst is limited because I am so tired of the injustice.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, Jamie Hartford said:

Sorry to cut your post, as much as I would love for HJ to save GR, but it will seem that HJ will have a problem of her own.  I feel like the writer is going to reveal HJ has bipolar disorder, I don't know if she would be able to donate or not.  This why I think the writer is making everyone having problems and Kang is the only healthy one, so he would be the only one that can donate.  Well, I don't know what DY's problem is tho. 

I've seen a lot of k-dramas with liver transplants and it's likely that the women wouldn't be able to donate because their livers are too small, especially DY who has a small frame. 

On 2/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, qynn said:

I've seen a lot of k-dramas with liver transplants and it's likely that the women wouldn't be able to donate because their livers are too small, especially DY who has a small frame. 

The uncle can donate

5 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The uncle can donate

It would’ve been awesome if the writer made the Uncle guilty of crime.  That would’ve slap DY and HJ’s sister face so hard that they wouldnt know which is left or right.