[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, yet another obligatory coma after an organ donation, such occurrences,, though possible, are seldom, no wonder many are afraid to donate, since  so many get their "facts' from dramas...

Having Kang unconscious does give an opportunity to advance the innocence project, glad that it seems Dae-Ryeok will pursue this...

the other obligatory fallacy that those who love each other can get over each other quickly & like livestock mate with the next best thing , is always disturbing - even livestock would want to be free to choose.. Though TP is nice, he seems somewhat tossed to the side by the writing, whereas WDR's "friend', who is not so nice , is reentering the stage....Also love how Halmoni gives payback..she probably is the avenging fantasy of many a wife....

Episode 49

Go Rae mother goes "tactlessly" to see a former widowed sister in law who have since remarry for 20 years asking for her son (first cousin to Go Rae) to be a donor & got turn down flat by the former sister in law. It is like, first time meeting in 20 years & all you want is my son as a "spare part"

For those who are interest in amusement park is Seoul Land, Seoul

Seoul Land is better for younger kids than Everland & Lotte World

Take Line 4 Seoul Grand Park Station, walk 100m to Seoul Land entrance & take the elephant train (free ride with your admission ticket) to the park

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

@stroppyseYeah I dont get the addition of TP he adds nothing so far and the show is about to end.DR is not showing any interest in him at all and WDR is helping her dad so I dont get it lol

Maybe TP was written in just to help out Kang at the bakery.  He and DR had to have a way to earn money and DR can't always be there to help out because of having to take care of Grandma.  Also, it was probably to keep us wondering what direction they were going to go with DR.  

With the title being My Only One, I am still trying to figure out who they are talking about.  Is it DR and WDR, WYR and DY, GR and MR, or Kang and HJ?  I am guessing it is supposed to be DR and WDR so they need to start getting them back to together real soon.  

They extended the episodes by 6, so at least we have a couple more weeks to get everything resolved.

2 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

Maybe TP was written in just to help out Kang at the bakery.  He and DR had to have a way to earn money and DR can't always be there to help out because of having to take care of Grandma.  Also, it was probably to keep us wondering what direction they were going to go with DR.  

That's true. But what I don't understand is why they have to make him have a chaebol background? Like, what's the point of writing that background if they're not gonna make use of it?

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I totally get what you mean, though. WDR is written as a bit of a wishy-washy character actually, though I think the intent was to make him a filial son as well as a sensitive husband perhaps. To be fair to him, though, a large part of the problem is the way DR is written. I don't think that WDR can oppose his parents wishes AND DR's refusal to be with him. In this week's episodes, for instance, WDR still wants to be with DR and even wants to remarry her, but DR refuses him. And, if I remember correctly, the original divorce was as much DR telling him that she's tired and just wants to live with her father and so wants to divorce him so that she can get some peace.

Still, TP has this secret chaebol background and he's used to rebelling against his family in order to pursue the life he wants. So, he's a strong enough character to protect DR if they had gotten together, plus his family has social standing if he wants to force them to acknowledge DR as his partner. But, so far, I guess he's supposed to maybe have a crush on DR, and WDR got a bit jealous of him and DR, I think. But, TP has really been marginalized. I thought that he had been brought on to beef up the WDR and DR story line, but instead, it's all been about the preposterous and hysterical mothers plus bratty DY instead.

I'm still waiting for YR to divorce DY as being too bratty and mean, but it doesn't look as if the drama is going to go there either.

See this is what I dont get people saying all this stuff about TP yet we know zero about him or how strong he can actually be in this same situation, especially if DR does the same thing.This was all in family issues he is and outsider with no ties to them so yes it would be easier but she does not love him and thats just it. WDR already accepted her father as its a long time ago.

I  dont get the fantasy of this character when  he has very little screen time. Its pretty unfair to except someone to be 100% perfect in this nasty situation.

Now WDR is doing legwork for WDR since he now sense something is wrong with the whole situation.

I’m wondering if TP’s grandfather or father had something to do with the stabbing incident indirectly and with possible ties to Go Rae’s dad.  TP has an overwhelming urge to help Dad’s Bakery and maybe he knows that witnesses were paid off.  This was 30 years ago so he could have been one of the son’s of homeless guy.   (TP would have been born after the incident and before guilt made him leave home).  TP says his dad is dead but....has he ever seen homeless man?  Hummmm.   The plot thickens.

29 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

24 minutes ago, luvabe said:

That's true. But what I don't understand is why they have to make him have a chaebol background? Like, what's the point of writing that background if they're not gonna make use of it?

Think back to the incident with HS when they ended up at the police station. The way how TP spoke made it seem like he had some sort of law background or at least a good knowledge of it. So I'm thinking he'll end up being a bigger force in terms of getting Mr Kang exonerated. His chaebol power will be stronger than WDR and if there's a law connection some how make it easier  through TP's connections for them to launch an acquittal campaign. 

How heartless are DY and EY, the way she just callously said the old woman will die soon so just hang in there to DY. Halmoni needs to make em all bald. They honestly have no appreciation for the fact that this luxurious lifestyle and status that they have is all off ha!moni's years of hard work. Also how thick is DY she literally brought nothing into the family except her whiney bratty self, while this other girl is a chaebol daughter. Does she not realise how much lower down the totem poll she'll and that her aspirations of be the lady of  company are over. A small part of me was hoping out of spite that WDR marries her and she turned out to be a horrid daughter in law who treats EY and DY like they're peasants and gives them a taste of their own medicine,

As for this kidney storyline........urgh. It's just doubling down on how nasty most of the characters are. Guess it gives them something even bigger for them to feel repentant for when Kang is proven not guilty. However at this point if any of them do feel remorseful when all is revealed it will just be in passing because at the end of the day even without the murderer tag they would still feel Kang and DR are beneath them, The level of entitlement and the callousness to the risk for the living donor, that they've shown they'd probably think the peasant like Kang should help those above him anyways, think EDW taking blood to save the emperor with no care for the intended recipient level entitlement. For me most of them are irredeemable, short of some serious personality changes I don't see how they can be redeemed and I hope we don't end up with everyone playing happy families all is forgotten at the end. They are not worthy to have people like Mr Kang and Do Ran in their family.

4 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

With the title being My Only One, I am still trying to figure out who they are talking about. 

If I am not mistaken, there was a scene, several episodes back, after driver Kang was revealed as Do-Ran's father. During the scene, Dae-Ryook's family, particularly her MIL, confronted Do-Ran about the revelation, implying that she needs to take a distance from Mr Kang. At that moment she said that she could not do that, as he was "My Only One".

This shows that in this serial, the principal lead seems to be Mr Kang.

In week end dramas, the principal leads are often the elder leads.  Past week-end drama titles, such as "My Golden Life" and "The Man who Sets the Table", also referred to the elder leads in those dramas

8 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

With the title being My Only One, I am still trying to figure out who they are talking about.  Is it DR and WDR, WYR and DY, GR and MR, or Kang and HJ?  I am guessing it is supposed to be DR and WDR so they need to start getting them back to together real soon. 

To answer your question, I think the title speaks for all the couples in the drama.  But the emphasis is put on Kang and DR that even if the world points their fingers at her dad, she would be the one that stands next to him and protect him.  Then, at the same time, it speaks just as loud, if not louder for the other couples well.  For example, as for HJ and Kang, she would not leave him if she has to die, that might be a little too strong, anyway, even after she found out that he was ex-criminal, she still chooses to stay with him and be his umbrella.  Moreover, even after she found out about the big bomb, she still chooses to stay with him (but her sister prevented that).  That is why personally I really like HJ and Kang, I thought their love story was beautiful, yet painful to watch.  Also, as for MR and GR, when MR's mom didn't want her to stay next to GR, she still chooses to be next to him and protect him like how he protected her.  

But, more importantly, I think the title gives a real meaning behind it that in our life there will be at least one person, whether that's your parents, lovers, siblings, or friends, next to you and be there for you through times of trouble.  I really like the title. 

Does anyone else think HJ is pregnant? 

7 hours ago, tas82 said:

Think back to the incident with HS when they ended up at the police station. The way how TP spoke made it seem like he had some sort of law background or at least a good knowledge of it. So I'm thinking he'll end up being a bigger force in terms of getting Mr Kang exonerated. His chaebol power will be stronger than WDR and if there's a law connection some how make it easier  through TP's connections for them to launch an acquittal campaign. 

How heartless are DY and EY, the way she just callously said the old woman will die soon so just hang in there to DY. Halmoni needs to make em all bald. They honestly have no appreciation for the fact that this luxurious lifestyle and status that they have is all off ha!moni's years of hard work. Also how thick is DY she literally brought nothing into the family except her whiney bratty self, while this other girl is a chaebol daughter. Does she not realise how much lower down the totem poll she'll and that her aspirations of be the lady of  company are over. A small part of me was hoping out of spite that WDR marries her and she turned out to be a horrid daughter in law who treats EY and DY like they're peasants and gives them a taste of their own medicine,

As for this kidney storyline........urgh. It's just doubling down on how nasty most of the characters are. Guess it gives them something even bigger for them to feel repentant for when Kang is proven not guilty. However at this point if any of them do feel remorseful when all is revealed it will just be in passing because at the end of the day even without the murderer tag they would still feel Kang and DR are beneath them, The level of entitlement and the callousness to the risk for the living donor, that they've shown they'd probably think the peasant like Kang should help those above him anyways, think EDW taking blood to save the emperor with no care for the intended recipient level entitlement. For me most of them are irredeemable, short of some serious personality changes I don't see how they can be redeemed and I hope we don't end up with everyone playing happy families all is forgotten at the end. They are not worthy to have people like Mr Kang and Do Ran in their family.

Oh okay I watched that scene w/o subs so I didn't know, though I have been thinking it'd be great if TP had a law background (like, can the writers suddenly turn him into a lawyer please? :lol:). Speaking of which, what in the world happened to DR's dream of studying law? I bet the writers have completely forgotten that...

That's exactly what I've been saying! Mr. Kang and DR deserve much better. I'm one of the few people here who do not want DR to reunite with WDR. And I love the Kang-HJ couple, but unless she cuts ties with her family (which I guess is not gonna happen), I'm afraid I don't want them together either.

Btw it's the liver, not the kidney :) 

2 hours ago, luvabe said:

Oh okay I watched that scene w/o subs so I didn't know, though I have been thinking it'd be great if TP had a law background (like, can the writers suddenly turn him into a lawyer please? :lol:). Speaking of which, what in the world happened to DR's dream of studying law? I bet the writers have completely forgotten that...

That's exactly what I've been saying! Mr. Kang and DR deserve much better. I'm one of the few people here who do not want DR to reunite with WDR. And I love the Kang-HJ couple, but unless she cuts ties with her family (which I guess is not gonna happen), I'm afraid I don't want them together either.

Btw it's the liver, not the kidney :) 

I'm Guessing here but you may get your wish when it comes to WDR and DR , In next weeks preview WDR Mom as usual is up to old tricks , I dont know why rich folks think everything can be solved by money , Anyways WDR Mom throws a envelope of money at DR at the hospital,  I'm not sure but maybe it's to get her to steer clear of WDR, So she can hatch here plan to get him with the rich girl. That girl rich or not she will never hold a candle to DR.

Also as someone mentioned it seems like she is hiding something. Her body  language reeks of anterior motive all over. But I'm grasping at straws what do I Know this Kdrama land anything goes.

21 minutes ago, Doloris B said:

I'm Guessing here but you may get your wish when it comes to WDR and DR , In next weeks preview WDR Mom as usual is up to old tricks , I dont know why rich folks think everything can be solved by money , Anyways WDR Mom throws a envelope of money at DR at the hospital,  I'm not sure but maybe it's to get her to steer clear of WDR, So she can hatch here plan to get him with the rich girl. That girl rich or not she will never hold a candle to DR.

Also as someone mentioned it seems like she is hiding something. Her body  language reeks of anterior motive all over. But I'm grasping at straws what do I Know this Kdrama land anything goes.

I saw that too. That shameless woman, I have no words for her...

Actually what I wanna see now is WDR and TP working together to help clear Mr. Kang's name. They both love and want to protect Kang and DR, and if TP really has the educational and social backgrounds as we predict, it'll be easier for WDR to work with him. I know dramas where the first and second male leads end up working together to help the female lead, so I'm getting my hopes up for this drama.

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It doesn't seem as if there is time to develop anything more with TP, so again, that raises a question of why he was brought on, and whether the writer had planned for TP to have a bigger role in some way which was then later scrapped?

When he was brought in and revealed to have a chaebol background, my first thought was that he would help prove Mr. Kang's innocence (since he was someone I could see Mr. Kang confiding in and would be in a position to see the loan shark lurking around and get suspicious) and would use his connections to do so which would lead him back to his grandfather. But WDR is playing that role which makes sense since he's a main character so I don't know. 

Maybe like @luvabe said WDR and TP can work together.

can anyone recall what was DoRan studying at the beginning of series?

I thought it was law. If that is correct, her education should show input with the murder storyline instead of all this crying aggravation! 

Hate seeing DoRan in the pits. and very frustrating seeing everyone in drama call her the murder daughter. She didn’t do anything wrong!! 

Agghhh so frustrating...

As for DaeRyook,  Wonder why he didn’t correct his mother about his true feeling toward So Young.   was his non answer “back up” plan in case he couldn’t get DoRan back?  The preview breaks my heart.  Seeing DoRan cry in the corner as DaeRyook looks on in distance. Unable to hold her, and wipe her tears away. 

Sigh. no wonder I watch comedy after watching this drama. need uplifting happiness.

32 minutes ago, mizv said:

can anyone recall what was DoRan studying at the beginning of series?

I thought it was law. If that is correct, her education should show input with the murder storyline instead of all this crying aggravation! 

Hate seeing DoRan in the pits. and very frustrating seeing everyone in drama call her the murder daughter. She didn’t do anything wrong!! 

Agghhh so frustrating...

As for DaeRyook,  Wonder why he didn’t correct his mother about his true feeling toward So Young.   was his non answer “back up” plan in case he couldn’t get DoRan back?  The preview breaks my heart.  Seeing DoRan cry in the corner as DaeRyook looks on in distance. Unable to hold her, and wipe her tears away. 

Sigh. no wonder I watch comedy after watching this drama. need uplifting happiness.

You are correct  she was studying law. Had she taken the  bar she would be a lawyer by now. I am took heart broken with DR and WDR it's hard to watch . As for the rich girl she's not pretty like DR , Sweet like she is or kind and humble. WDR has shown zero interest in her. There is no chemistry there , Like said before and say again she will never hold a candle to DR. And Also in a earlier episode WDR told DR you are my one and only .

6 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

To answer your question, I think the title speaks for all the couples in the drama.  But the emphasis is put on Kang and DR that even if the world points their fingers at her dad, she would be the one that stands next to him and protect him.  Then, at the same time, it speaks just as loud, if not louder for the other couples well.  For example, as for HJ and Kang, she would not leave him if she has to die, that might be a little too strong, anyway, even after she found out that he was ex-criminal, she still chooses to stay with him and be his umbrella.  Moreover, even after she found out about the big bomb, she still chooses to stay with him (but her sister prevented that).  That is why personally I really like HJ and Kang, I thought their love story was beautiful, yet painful to watch.  Also, as for MR and GR, when MR's mom didn't want her to stay next to GR, she still chooses to be next to him and protect him like how he protected her.  

But, more importantly, I think the title gives a real meaning behind it that in our life there will be at least one person, whether that's your parents, lovers, siblings, or friends, next to you and be there for you through times of trouble.  I really like the title. 

I do either its MR , HJ, DR, But being she the one

passed out it's very possible . And they also blurred out the face of the person in the Ob doctors office in the preview. 

14 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

The actual Korean title is something like The Only One Always on My Side.  So not necessarily about a romantic connection, but about how there is that one person who is always on your side.  I think it was meant to originally refer to Kang and DR (DR growing up an orphan and yet there was always someone who was on her side).  But, these titles usually refer to a whole host of people, so it could also refer to how DR's adoptive father was always there on her side.  Then after he died, it became her real father.  I think it's also appropriate to HJ and her faith and support of Kang.  It could also be Alzheimer Grandma's relationship with DR/MY.

13 hours ago, tas82 said:

When I saw GR's mom going to her younger sister-in-law, my first thought was: "wow, she really lived her life badly."  Her SIL's face said it all--she was NOT happy to see this woman.  And while I can understand sisters-in-law growing out of touch when their husbands both die, it was a reflection on GR's mom that she has no one to go to.

But then I saw her act as a mother should.  After she exhausted all of her resources, she didn't go to Kang and demand his liver.  Rather, she got down on her knees and begged him to save her son.  And after he agreed, she tried to treat him with respect.  Can any of us really blame her?  Wouldn't any mother react as she did?  Personally, I will be reserving my judgment for how she behaves towards him now that GR is no longer in danger of dying.  If she were to revert back to her old, nasty self, then yes, she is irredeemable.  However, if she is able to treat him as just another stranger, then I can't really blame her anymore.  Yes, he saved her son's life.  But, he also took away her husband's life.  Yes, I know he's innocent, but from her point of view, she doesn't know that yet.  She could be thinking that if he hadn't killed her husband, her husband could have been a match for as a liver donor.  It's DY that is still a big problem.  

6 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

53 minutes ago, Doloris B said:

I do either its MR , HJ, DR, But being she the one

passed out it's very possible . And they also blurred out the face of the person in the Ob doctors office in the preview. 

Logically speaking, HJ is the least likely of the 3 women to get pregnant, but I guess at this point it'll make more sense for HJ to be the one pregnant. (Also this is Kdrama so logic is often ignored lol.) Then, if Mr. Kang doesn't die, he'll get to do what he never got to do with DR, i.e. raising his child.

I hope it's HJ. That would tie up her storyline nicely. After all she came back to Korea with the intention of get pregnant via a donor would be ever so lovely if Kang wakes up to find out he's fimally going to get the chance to raise his kid. 

@luvabe lol you won't believe how many times re-read that before posting because I'm the queen of typos, and every time I read it as liver. Not even the same letters so I can't even play my dyslexia card, no idea why I'm thinking of kidneys. Mmmm been a while since I've had a steak and kidney pie though...that's tomorrow dinner idea sorted :D

Archived