[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

2 hours ago, luvabe said:

Don't you hate it when good guys are misunderstood? I just watched a video of GR getting angry at Mr. Kang for not remembering the murder, and much as I like GR, I felt kinda angry at him. I mean, I can understand his anger, but still... The writers are just so mean :dissapointed:

In the preview I think DY said something about Grandma dying, and YR shouts at her and then leaves their bedroom. I hope he soon realizes what kind of person DY is. Also, Mr. Kang will find out about GR's illness next week. I'm not sure what the writers are planning, but I feel like they'll make it that Mr. Kang, out of guilt, volunteers to save GR.

I hope Kang doesn't have to donate part of his liver. This is so sad. Mr Kang knows he may be innocent. I hope he finds the loan shark before any thing gets worse :(

Yes I don't like GR's attitude too. Kang fainted and then found the dentist stabbed. I don't know why no one tries to understand him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I don't want poor Kang to endanger his life just to save GR :(, this is the worst option. It reminds me of another drama aired currently. Writers usually use dementia and liver disease. I wonder why. 

I think the loan shark will confess at the end. He feels guilty already

If it were DY or HS I would be saying heck no, but I don’t mind Mr. Kang risking his life to save GR. GR is a good person who has had a normal, reasonable reaction to Mr. Kang IMO unlike his mom and sister.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yes I don't like GR's attitude too. Kang fainted and then found the dentist stabbed. I don't know why no one tries to understand him.

So I don’t have too many complaints about this drama except as I mentioned once before (1) I wish they hadn’t made DY and her mom so OTT hateful about everything and to your comment (2) I kind of wish they hadn’t revealed to the audience that Mr. Kang was innocent at the same time as revealing to the characters that he killed Mr. Jang. I feel like it undercuts things like the scene between Mr. Kang and GR which I personally really liked. I thought GR’s attitude was completely understandable. Mr. Kang was convicted of the murder and isn’t proclaiming his innocence. GR has every right to be angry with him as things stands now, and I liked seeing one of the victim's family members express that anger in a way I imagine many real people would. 

I also thought GR’ reaction was normal.  If Kang is not going to proclaim that he didn’t do it, then he needs to give an answer, other than, I don’t remember.  But at the same time, people needs to believe him when he say, he can’t remember.  You can see people’s true colors thru everyday life.  I don’t know where I am going at with this.  On a side note, HJ understood Kang because she knows it was an accident.  That’s why HJ tells her sister to stop bothering Kang, in return she will give him up.  I think she does that for the safety of Kang, really, what a sweetheart.  

Also, there is something else I want to point out, Kang might feel responsible for one thing, had Kang not fought with the loan shark, then the accident stabbing of DY’s dad would’ve never happened.  So I think in one way or another Kang did caused the event to happen.  

1 hour ago, qynn said:

So I don’t have too many complaints about this drama except as I mentioned once before (1) I wish they hadn’t made DY and her mom so OTT hateful about everything and to your comment (2) I kind of wish they hadn’t revealed to the audience that Mr. Kang was innocent at the same time as revealing to the characters that he killed Mr. Jang. I feel like it undercuts things like the scene between Mr. Kang and GR which I personally really liked. I thought GR’s attitude was completely understandable. Mr. Kang was convicted of the murder and isn’t proclaiming his innocence. GR has every right to be angry with him as things stands now, and I liked seeing one of the victim's family members express that anger in a way I imagine many real people would. 

Agreed. That's why it made me angry watching GR get angry at Mr. Kang. Because we viewers know Mr. Kang is innocent, we feel unfair for him. Mr. Kang isn't proclaiming his innocence because he truly doesn't remember what happened, but no one believes him.

53 minutes ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Also, there is something else I want to point out, Kang might feel responsible for one thing, had Kang not fought with the loan shark, then the accident stabbing of DY’s dad would’ve never happened.  So I think in one way or another Kang did caused the event to happen.  

Yes that's why I think that even after he's been proven innocent he'll still feel guilty about having indirectly caused the murder.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I think it's saying something, however, when I miss weeks at a time, only catching an episode here and there, and yet I don't feel as if I'm missing anything.

This is where I am at with this drama. It is stuck on neutral with the extension. 3 weekends left and I still feel like I could miss next weekend not miss any story developments. 

33 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

This is where I am at with this drama. It is stuck on neutral with the extension. 3 weekends left and I still feel like I could miss next weekend not miss any story developments. 

I will skip this upcoming weekend ones bc, is gonna be the same thing!! I’ll catch it up next weekend!! And then the last weekend, which is my birthday!! They will give me the best present ever!! 

I can't wait for next week.....

From the preview....Grandmother finds "wretched wench" (Daya & Mrs Wang) brought a "wench" for Dae Ryeok.....

As usual you know what is going to happen next.....when Grandmother raises both her hands....her target....the korean classic "hair pulling" catfight

As so many note, the plot is stagnating, so much immaturity in the characters and writing...a big hole in the storyline is there is no one who is going through the incident with Kang, questioning, trying to put the pieces together, not even his daughter nor YJ - that would put some depth and layers to the story.  Maybe that will happen soon. At least GR asked for his version. Writernim, you need a better storyboard!

What is annoying is this insistence that from one minute to the other feelings between those who have loved should be forgotten (but the feelings of hate should not be), so I was glad for the scene with Grandma & DR, where DR could finally cry to let pent up feelings out.

Kang being a possible donor would be his way of atoning, (even if he is found innocent , his desperate actions set everything in motion) weaving further the threads of fateful involvement, - just do not not know if the writer is up to doing this effectively. How these families are tied together could be poetic and heartwarming if the writer allowed more character and plot development 

49 minutes ago, Gaia2u said:

As so many note, the plot is stagnating, so much immaturity in the characters and writing...a big hole in the storyline is there is no one who is going through the incident with Kang, questioning, trying to put the pieces together, not even his daughter nor YJ - that would put some depth and layers to the story.  Maybe that will happen soon. At least GR asked for his version. Writernim, you need a better storyboard!

What is annoying is this insistence that from one minute to the other feelings between those who have loved should be forgotten (but the feelings of hate should not be), so I was glad for the scene with Grandma & DR, where DR could finally cry to let pent up feelings out.

Kang being a possible donor would be his way of atoning, (even if he is found innocent , his desperate actions set everything in motion) weaving further the threads of fateful involvement, - just do not not know if the writer is up to doing this effectively. How these families are tied together could be poetic and heartwarming if the writer allowed more character and plot development 

She doesn’t need anymore characters now, she can’t even deal with the ones she has now.  I mean it is just a whole mess right now.  

Onto about why people didn’t question Kang about his action because he didn’t give an excuse or tell them the story in details.  I wonder how father is stranger went about other finding about his innocence, but he had a daughter who is a lawyer who looked into his case tho.  So, what I am trying to say is that if Kang didn’t give them stories in details then there is no way people question about it, do you know what I mean?  That’s why I am kind of hoping HJ would find out somehow that the homeless person is connected with the incident bc she would be the only one that can help him.   She would be able to hire the best lawyers out there and prove his innocence.  She doesn’t even need to explain all this to other people.  I mean one body is always better than two.  Or the homeless can turn himself in on his own, but not likely. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Hartford said:

She doesn’t need anymore characters now, she can’t even deal with the ones she has now.  I mean it is just a whole mess right now.  

Onto about why people didn’t question Kang about his action because he didn’t give an excuse or tell them the story in details.  I wonder how father is stranger went about other finding about his innocence, but he had a daughter who is a lawyer who looked into his case tho.  So, what I am trying to say is that if Kang didn’t give them stories in details then there is no way people question about it, do you know what I mean?  That’s why I am kind of hoping HJ would find out somehow that the homeless person is connected with the incident bc she would be the only one that can help him.   She would be able to hire the best lawyers out there and prove his innocence.  She doesn’t even need to explain all this to other people.  I mean one body is always better than two.  Or the homeless can turn himself in on his own, but not likely. 

Respectfully disagree: It’s not about adding characters, the ones that exist are very much in the position to want to know more. It’s about the natural urge people have to be curious, after all it is DR’s curiosity that got her to realize that Kang is her father. Getting to know him as the kind person he is would put doubt in their mind that he would be capable of killing.  It is the writer that is introducing that Kang did not actually stab DY’s father, but that storyline is weakly built. 

This is a drama, not real life, of course, but it always reflects on the society around and human beings everywhere have more depth than has been portrayed, as of yet.  I am one who actually loves the KBS weekend dramas because of the wonderfully imperfect human portrayals they often bring. This drama though promising, has been too one dimensional.

I have a golden rule and that is: if you have to assume that your characters and your audience are stupid in order to further your storyline, you have failed as a writer...

39 minutes ago, Gaia2u said:

Respectfully disagree: It’s not about adding characters, the ones that exist are very much in the position to want to know more. It’s about the natural urge people have to be curious, after all it is DR’s curiosity that got her to realize that Kang is her father. Getting to know him as the kind person he is would put doubt in their mind that he would be capable of killing.  It is the writer that is introducing that Kang did not actually stab DY’s father, but that storyline is weakly built. 

This is a drama, not real life, of course, but it always reflects on the society around and human beings everywhere have more depth than has been portrayed, as of yet.  I am one who actually loves the KBS weekend dramas because of the wonderfully imperfect human portrayals they often bring. This drama though promising, has been too one dimensional.

I have a golden rule and that is: if you have to assume that your characters and your audience are stupid in order to further your storyline, you have failed as a writer...

I agree that Kang needs someone to help him discover what actually happened.  He was too shocked and his wife had died at that time so he just accepted the charges out of guilt and never questioned that he had committed murder since there was a witness.  Since everyone else just found out he was a murderer, there has been too much going on for him to even talk about what he remembers until his discussion with GR.  I am hoping he will open up and talk to WDR or TP and they will try to get to the bottom of what happened.  If he tells them about Mr. Jang they may be able to talk to him and once he sees how much has happened to Kang and his family maybe he will confess his part in the murder. At least Mr Jang would have a warm place to sleep and food to eat instead of living on the streets, that is if he would confess.  He does seem to be feeling remorse for it already.

1 hour ago, Gaia2u said:

Totally agree with this post. One of the frustrations I have with K-Drama's is apparently writers have a deathly fear of revealing things too early in the drama. I get it. If things are resolved too soon the story dies.  However, because of this fear they pack all of the problem solving in the last episode and the ending feels rushed.

Having characters roll in around in misery for several episodes toward the end is no fun either. Advance the story line. Give us little bread crumbs and clues along the way. Have character's advance relationships a little. A good plot twist to this one would have been, WDR leaving his family for DR when his parents wanted to kick her to the curb. That would have been fun to watch imo.

One of the best written K-Dramas I have watched was "Sohn: The Guest". The writer kept the audience engaged from beginning to end. They had me guessing until the final twist in the end. 

What has been happening the last couple of weeks is what I was afraid of what would happen when they announced the extension. Staleness. 

I kind of feel sorry for the writer in a way. You have a story board laid out and dialogue mapped out then all of a sudden the production company tells you 3 more weeks are being added. This happens well after the drama is halfway through. Now the writer has to fill in the extra time without much time to work with herself. Must be frustrating on her part as well.

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

I kind of feel sorry for the writer in a way. You have a story board laid out and dialogue mapped out then all of a sudden the production company tells you 3 more weeks are being added. This happens well after the drama is halfway through. Now the writer has to fill in the extra time without much time to work with herself. Must be frustrating on her part as well.

I also would like to give credit to the writer.  I feel like one of the hardest job, besides the actors and actresses, that is the writers.  They have to keep the stories going and keep the audience engaged!!  Especially weekend drama, those popular ones, when they get extensions, then she has to have plan B, which is not an easy thing.  But I feel like one of the thing, that this writer has failed is that everything become so predictable.  What I mean is that I wouldn't have to watch this weekend's episode to know what's going happen. It will be a nice twist to see that someone else saved GR, instead Kang.  

So let me start of by admitting when I was wrong in my theories and for all of you barring with them as well as the fact that Mr. Kang was actually innocent. Guess that I am glad that he isn’t guilty but being a drama one should have already expected that.

Now on to the post itself.

Spoiler

@luvabe thanks for the complement its things like that which make me continue to write such posts and ofcourse my love of the dramas as well.

@Cygnet174 Thanks for clarifying the relationship between the Uncle and the Aunt for some weird reason I thought that they were related instead of him being the victim’s brother. Not that it matters at this point since we know who the real culprit was.

@Jamie Hartford the relationship between the Aunt and Mr. Kang is complicated as it is and it is quite hard to judge their actions in my opinion. Both of them have valid points and while I can understand her attempt to forgive and forget him it’s not so easy for her sister. Though to be honest neither sister likes to look at things from the others perspective. Perhaps if they are willing things can be mended and all. Simply look at the relationship the two had when Hong Joo returned from the States it took some time for it to mend so will this. I mean I can understand the sister she tries to look out for Hong Joo but Hong Joo is an adult and can make her own choices which she needs to respect. Some may call Hong Joo selfish but she to is hurting like the rest of them and they need to understand this. Right now I think that Hong Joo asking them to forgive Mr. Kang is not possible and if she insists on marrying him she can forget about her relationship with her sister. Matter of fact she is going to need to cut all ties with her family if she wants to be with him. Something that mr. Kang isn’t going to be okay with. He already knows the pain of parting with family and he wouldn’t want anybody else to go through with it especially if that person is someone that he loves. Doran clearly takes after him in regards to this.

Just look at how her sister acted when she married an older gentleman (according to her he was old enough to be her father or grandfather) but in this case the man that her sister loves supposedly killed her husband this would be a big no then.

Perhaps Mr. Kang will be the only one that is a match because the mother isn’t well enough to do so. She has just been recovering from a major shock (the reveal) so she hasn’t been taking care of her body which is taking a toll. As for Daya who knows. Perhaps she is indeed pregnant and that is the only reason that she can stay in that family otherwise they might decide to get rid of her. We can already see her husband start to get irritated by some of her actions.

As for the fact that Doran’s mother and the grandmother were sisters aka she was really Mong Hee. I am just trying to do the math here. Just how young was the sister to the grandmother for this to work out. Think about it the mother married Mr. Kang that means that she should be his age and Mr. Kang is probably around the same age or older to her son. Meaning that her sister probably would have been a baby as well. Ugh the math is killing me already. Perhaps she is Mong Hee’s granddaughter which would be more believable at this point but then I doubt that this is the case. The grandmother mistakes Hong Joo for an old school friend so in this case I doubt that there are any real similarities between Doran and her sister. Perhaps there is a vibe that the grandmother is picking up on at best

@Doloris B I was going to bring this point in my own post but since you brought it up let me get into it. Any relationship other than Doran and Dae Rook is going to end up in a disaster. First of all both of them still love each other and only got divorced due to things out of their control so the new wife is going to have to live with that and be in a sad married life. Perhaps things would have been easier on her if she knows that the love is just one sided on her husband’s part or the Ex Wife but if this isn’t the case she is always going to suspect him of cheating on her. But before we even get into that the bigger question is will she be able to handle the grandmother. As we have already seen the only one that can take care of her when she loses track of time/ages Doran is the only one that can handle her. This means that she needs to prepare herself to get her hair pulled out by the grandmother. Now let’s say that she loves her husband enough for that well and good but then enters the Ex to take care of the grandmother and I doubt that any wife would be okay with that especially when we know that the two Exes aren’t over each other. Eventually any marriage such as this is going to crack and strain they will argue about this matter such as she doesn’t want Doran to take care of the grandmother and he is going to accuse her of not caring about how his grandmother is when she is ill and all. Etc.. So I doubt that her being rich will help in this matter. To bad Daya and her MiL will deserve this embarrassment if Dae Rook ends up with another divorce.

@nohamahamoud2002 It’s not that I didn’t agree with your theory of Mr. Kang being innocent or the fact that the loan shark was guilty I just wanted if to be guilty because I was hoping that the writer was going with something different as well as trying to make a point that one shouldn’t lump others with someone else’s crime even if they are family. Especially if said person was a baby and had no control over the matter itself. Dae Rool was clearly that person but I wanted the others to eventually realize this fact as well and apologize to Doran and accept her back and also for them to realize that if someone repents for their actions and tries to make amends they should see the sincerity and learn to accept it to some extent. I mean they don’t have to downright forgive him but give him some space and not harm his business. He did his crime and paid his time. Naturally the dead husband isn’t going to come back to life but they all need to move on. This is something that nobody in that family has really done. To an extent they are still stuck in the past. Now had Mr. Kang been a cold blooded murderer who had murdered numerous people I could understand them being hostile towards him and doubt if he had reformed or not. But if not they should have done what Gorae did have a talk with Mr. Kang and decide for himself whether or not to forgive him etc..

@Jamie Hartford Actually Doran’s dad isn’t sure whether or not he killed Daya’s dad or not. Like he said that he had a struggle with Daya’s dad and he got knocked out cold during it. So he could have accidentally stabbed him and not be aware of said fact. Had he known for certain he would have tried to defend himself especially considering the fact that he had a daughter at that time. He feels guilty because he is unsure of whether or not he did it or not. Once he knows for certain he can either feel relieved if he was innocent or actually continue to feel guilty and live with that guilt had he turned out guilty.  I do agree the writer needs to stop torturing all of us with these couples that are still in love but can’t be with each other due to others and all.

Now about the theory that was brought up by someone that Taesop might be Gorae and Daya’s half-brother because their father had a relationship with some woman or the loan shark’s assistant etc Don’t think that is the case. Will go down that in a bit. The dad didn’t seem that kind of person. First of all he tried to stop a robbery even when he didn’t have to this shows to me that he knows what is right and wrong and he probably had a decent moral compass if he was going to do that. He must have met Uncle Ben at some point and thus followed in his footsteps. Also why would he want to be in a relationship with someone else. I doubt that his marriage was suffering in anyway. The wife still loves him and is suffering due to his loss so I doubt that it was her nature that made him cheat on her. Not that it isn’t impossible mind you.

But if we really want to throw a curve ball regarding Taesop then we can have him be related to the loan shark and his wife. Yes, I am certainly implying that he could possibly be their son. Certainly this theory is going to fail like all my previous ones but just try and follow my chain of thoughts.

The Loan Shark and his assistant married after the murder incident so he might have been born after that. He does seem to be slightly younger than Doran. But lets look at a few things other than that.

The loan shark’s wife died a few years later. Perhaps it was a dose of Karma. Since he didn’t let Mr. Kang save his wife he lost his own. Now we also know that Tapong’s mother also passed away. Can this be a coincidence probably.

Also let’s look at something else the loan shark’s business suddenly went under and he went into hiding that people thought that he actually died. I wonder how that could have happened. Did the loan shark anger the wrong kind of people? If so do we know anyone like that. Oh wait we do Taepong’s grandfather himself. He may not have approved of his daughter marrying into the common folk to the extent that she ran away from home and started working with the loan shark and that they eventually fell in love and married each other without her families blessing. The grandfather eventually found out and ruined the loan shark’s business or perhaps he controlled himself until his daughter passed away due to some illness or something related. Finally having a reason to get rid of the loan shark he ruined his business and even sent his own thugs to take him down forcing the loan shark to go into hiding.

Not only that but this may be a good reason why Doran and him can’t be together. As of now he seems like a decent guy who has one sided feelings for her and given time they may have ended up together. Unless we had something of a deal breaker such as we can’t be together because my father is the reason why the two of us can’t be together he was the one responsible for the suffering of both you and your father.

As of now we know that there isn’t anyone who knows the truth of what happened that night. But lets assume that the grandfather somehow found out that the loan shark killed Daya’s dad another reason why he doesn’t approve of him. But why would the grandfather reveal this fact now is simple. He as usual wants to be in control of others like in the past and can’t agree to respect their choices and all. According to him every time that he tracked down Taepong, Taepong would make for the hills and move somewhere else but this time is different and the grandfather wonders why. He suspects that a certain girl could be responsible. This means that he will want to do a background check on said girl and family to see if she is viable material to be his family and all.

This means that he is the one that will get his hands on the truth first and it will then depend just how much of it he wants to be revealed. For instance, he would probably want it buried because it effects his daughter but when he will see that Taepong isn’t going to leave on his own he will reveal the truth knowing that he will return to him out of guilt this way he will have his grandson back something that he really wants.

Think about it the real reason that Taepong doesn’t want anything to do with his grandfather is because he abandoned his daughter (why would he do that unless she married someone that he didn’t approve of) and only approached him after she passed away. That to only because they are related by blood and he carries his bloodline.

So does anyone else think that this theory may have some merit atleast or will this also be a flop as usual.

Gorae is having an interesting turn of events. But let’s face it his choices are pretty much predictable. But they are also sad if one thinks about it. He didn’t want to marry Miran in the first place because he suffered a trauma of watching his mother never get over the man she loved to an extent it affected him as well. Yet Miran managed to persuade him that things would be different between them and that they would make it work. Plus, him being young and healthy they would live a long and healthy life only to suddenly discover that he is seriously ill. So what is he going to do but take the noble idiocy role and ask for a divorce from her. Naturally he won’t tell her the real reason but she is somehow going to figure it out in the next episode. What actually worries me is the fact that Mr. Kang has also discovered this fact thanks to overhearing the conversation that Miran and Doran were having.

Now most of us are wondering that when his mother and Daya find out that he is ill and that only Mr. Kang is a match (how will they even find that out) they will either demand that he saves Gorae’s life as he owes them or they will beg him to do so. (yes I am fully aware that there is no Doctor Patient confidentiality in dramas) But the reason why I am worried is because it suddenly occurred to me that this doesn’t need to happen at all. Mr. Kang already feels guilty because he is uncertain about Gorae’s father that he will secretly plan on getting tested and be his donor if he turns out to be a match and who are we kidding over here we all know that is going to be the case. So now we have to see whether he will be successful or not. For instance, perhaps Hong Joo will discover this fact and will try and shame her sister by trying to point out to her whether or not she is aware of the identity of the person that saved her precious sons life aka Mr. Kang. Problem is this way I doubt that it will have much impact though with the way that the current characters are going. Yes, it is possible that the mother might actually feel bad about this and question why Mr. Kang would do something like this especially after the fact that they have been terrible to him to the point that they have attacked him and even made a scene at his business. Unfortunately, the way that they are being currently written is that they will feel that they were owed and justified and Mr. Kang was just doing what he did to pay them back unfortunately it probably still wouldn’t be enough for them in their books. Though this would mean that Hong Joo and him could get back together.

As of now all of the mothers need to be packed away and forgotten and while they are on their trip they should take Daya with them along. We can probably blame them getting lost on her. She didn’t follow the navigation results properly and the rest forgot to bring or charge their phones.

Miran’s mother is someone that is hard to like no matter what. On one hand she seems to do something nice but then she always seems to have an ulterior motive which starts to get frustrating. I wonder just how long that marriage is actually going to last. For starters let’s look at her asking Dae Rook for money for her daughter’s marriage and when the rest of the family found this out what did she do. Did she pay the money back from her own pocket or even plan on doing so? No instead she goes to Gorae to pay back the money which makes little to no sense to me and let’s face it when his mother is going to discover this fact she is going to dislike Miran even more. We can be sure that Daya will be the reason that this will turn out this way.

Not really sure how much more they can extend this show. So far let’s see the things that we need to cover so far.

Doran’s Dad needs to be proven innocent.

Gorae needs to survive and live a long and health life with his wife.

Same for Doran she needs to be with the grandmother as well as Dae Rook for her happily ever after.

Daya and the mothers either need to be put on a bus or redeem themselves somehow.

Hong Joo and Doran’s dad also need to get married officially this time.

Wait what else needs to be done can’t seem to think of anything else meaning that 2 weeks at the most not this extra extension.

Though we do have the So Young plot line. Someone mentioned that Dae Rook’s mother should look into her since her first marriage lasted only a month. We know that isn’t going to happen. She like Daya are extremely materlistic and only look at the surface. They think that she is rich and that is all that matters. Come to think of it they are just like Miran’s mother. Who is going to be getting a shock? Instead of the house that she is dreaming of she is going to find out that her daughter is about to get a divorce. But anyway back to So Young this isn’t something I had considered until this was brought up here but I find it interesting that she is currently working as a Sales Lady at a store. Sure it is at a High End Store but still. I mean if she was working like Daya’s mother at one of her own stores I might give it a pass but if that isn’t the case then something is certainly up. Was this part of her divorce package or did she take up to support herself because her family has also cut her out. Is she even a legitimate daughter of said family or is there some birth secret behind it, ie Hide and Seek. The other family discovered that her family was trying to pull a fast one so they got their son divorced because they couldn’t get their hands on some business rights that they were eyeing on etc.. or is her family still well of. Perhaps they suffered some sort of financial loss and that could also have been a reason for her divorce. Meaning if Daya and company push for said marriage without doing their homework they will suffer but it will be their own fault. I guess if there is nothing wrong with her and her family she might be paired up with Tae Pong but somehow I don’t know if I would want that.

Anyway that will be all for now. Take care all of you while I go and enjoy my birthday cake. Also keep posting. :grin:

On 2/24/2019 at 5:36 AM, Jamie Hartford said:

Wow, I really hate this drama’s writer so much.  What the heck is she trying to do here?  I know this is a small world, but it can’t be that small that the day HJ goes to the church, Mr. Kang goes to it as well?   The writer is aching us on this couple.  Why can’t Kang run after her and hold on to her?  Why can’t he live a little shameless?  He knows he didn’t kill DY’s dad.  Also, if the writer is gonna make those two break up, stop letting them keep running into each other.  It is painful for them and also painful for the audience.  Stop playing with their feelings before HJ really decides to end her life.  On a side note, Kang needs to ask somebody for help, you crazy, don’t just figure out everything yourself.  In the mean time he is trying to find that homeless person, HJ has gone insane or crazy, I don’t know which word is better to describe it.  

I seriously think this writer is crazy.  She turned a very health person, GR, into a sick person.  Like what the heck, does she have a family member that is going thru an illness?  Also, she turned HJ, a fun and loving character into a person who has a very unstable feelings.  So I predict, HJ will either try to kill herself because she tried that once and she is not afraid.  Or two, she’ll end up in at a mental hospital.  People with mental problems usually are in dangerous stage.  Her sister said it herself, she changes her mood at random times.  You never know what kind of mood they are in and they change their personalities in a second.  So her sister needs to watch her closely.  

And another thing, it is pretty sad that the netizens can predict the story and know who is gonna save who or how the story is gonna process.  The writer just needs to finish up!  I am getting tired of all the misunderstandings and couples crying.  

I think you're complaining about the very essence of a Kdrama.  Most Kdramas are predictable--about 90% of them follow a formula so any regular Kdrama viewer can predict what's going to happen.  For instance, I can tell you that the Brat, her mom, and WDR's mom are not going to "see the light" until the last 2 episodes (or so).  Maybe 4 episodes if we're lucky.  GR getting sick is not crazy or out there--it's another trope that is often used.  I personally think it would be a little crazy for Kang to run after HJ and live a little shamelessly.  That word is appropriate here, because it really would be shameless for him to do so.  Right now, he doesn't know that he didn't kill DY's dad.  He's just on the cusp of wondering if perhaps something else is going on here, but it's not enough to convince even himself that he isn't guilty.  He doesn't talk about what happened to anyone.  Anytime anyone has ever asked, he just says that he doesn't remember.  The only time he tried to tell someone (HJ) about what happened, she cut him off and told him that it wasn't important what crime he committed.  To go on and have a relationship with your victim's extended family?  In a better world, maybe that is possible.  But, with where Kang and HJ are in their relationship (remember that it's still all very new and Kang himself has never really come to terms with his past), I think it would be inexplainable.

20 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

If his Dad is that shameless to ask WDR's ex-wife to take care of Halmoni, I believe WDR lost respect for his parents at that point. 

Totally agree with you on this one.  This is the first time that I lost all respect for Dad in this drama.  I can understand his love and devotion to his mother, but I have to agree with his wife on this one.  He is losing sight of everything else all for his mother.  He's not thinking of the fact that he ordered his son to get a divorce, and of how painful and difficult it's been for WDR already.  I think he totally crossed the line when he asked DR to take care of Grandma.

Oops! I accidentally cut off your post about the new rich girl.  I don't think there's too much suspicious about her.  I'm sure that her marriage of one month was a business arrangement.  2 rich kids of rich parents that married in order to merge their businesses (or strengthen them), and the kids realized that they were too selfish and self-absorbed to get along.  And that they had nothing in common.  So, they divorced.  And to give WDR the benefit of the doubt, I bet he didn't know about the meal.  I bet his mom called him to come home and he innocently did and was ambushed with the dinner.  Or, he was told that she was invited to thank her for bringing him home when he was drunk, and he thought the entire family would be there.

20 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I hope Kang doesn't have to donate part of his liver. This is so sad. Mr Kang knows he may be innocent. I hope he finds the loan shark before any thing gets worse :(

As others have mentioned, I think that GR's reaction is the only one that's been reasonable.  He has a right to confront Kang and be resentful towards him.  He wants to know why Kang killed his father and to be told that Kang doesn't know?  How is GR supposed to accept that?  You killed my father and you don't know why?  Or, you don't remember?  As the victim's family, you want the murderer to remember that moment for the rest of his life because it's a moment that changed your life forever.  To GR, it's unfair that Kang was able to just wipe that moment out of his memory.  Yes, we know that's not what happened, but Kang is a horrible communicator.  He's so stuck on not defending himself that he really doesn't defend or even try to explain.  He can't even explain that there was a struggle, he was pushed, and he lost consciousness.  If you listen to him trying to explain, it's very frustrating.

On the topic of why GR is sick and if Kang has to save him, my opinion is yes.  Kang may not have planned or intended to kill GR's dad, but it was his action in taking the LS' money and running off that set the events into motion.  I think that even for GR, even if he were to learn what really happened, there would still be resentment.  Human emotions don't get displaced overnight and they have now had weeks of thinking that Kang was the murderer.  Just hearing that he was not does not suddenly make those emotions go away.  They will still consider him "bad" for having tried to steal money in the first place, for being an orphan (because Korean society is like that), for having been in prison (even if he was wrongly convicted), and just for being an unlucky person.  Kang has to save someone in GR's family in order to reset everything.

25 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

And to give WDR the benefit of the doubt, I bet he didn't know about the meal.  I bet his mom called him to come home and he innocently did and was ambushed with the dinner.  Or, he was told that she was invited to thank her for bringing him home when he was drunk, and he thought the entire family would be there.

Totally agree. The meal with the heiress was an ambush planned by DY and Madam Airhead. It appears he is not playing along just being polite.

2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

And to give WDR the benefit of the doubt, I bet he didn't know about the meal.  I bet his mom called him to come home and he innocently did and was ambushed with the dinner.  Or, he was told that she was invited to thank her for bringing him home when he was drunk, and he thought the entire family would be there.

I agree. I don't think he knew she was joining them for lunch. If you noticed, his brother and father are not with them at the table. I do think the two conniving idiots had a big part in this. It does look like it backfired. And if the rich girl had any brains after watching halmoni's attack she will bail out. LOL

This totally slipped my mind but thanks to reading all your comments I just remembered. So here goes.

Spoiler

The dinner with So Young aka Rich Heiress could go either way depending on the writer. For instance, as some of you have mentioned the two ladies decided to pull a surprise on Dae Rook forcing him to either attend the meal without his being aware of the fact or he is being forced into it. While it does make sense for the former to be the case since he is still in love with Doran he would under normal circumstances never agree to said date with So Young otherwise.

Him being forced into marrying her could be possible as well but we would probably need a whole lot of luck to make that work.

For instance, we could have the following scene play out.

Bom and Food suddenly find themselves struggling for Capital for some reason (so far unlikely since that hasn’t been indicated) but not impossible. For instance, the Dad signed a deal that isn’t favorable to them due to not reading the contract properly because he was worried about some event in his family (take your pick). So where would they get said funds. Suddenly Daya has a brainstorm that can solve all their problems. Dae Rook marries So Young. Her family being rich and all would surely invest in their In Law as they wouldn’t want them to go bankrupt and all. So she first convinces her MiL of this fact. To make this scene even more hilarious we can have her imagine a life of them being broke and them living in a small house (bonus points if said house is Doran’s old home). Now since they can’t afford servants or even house them she has to make the meals for her husband. So for starters she toasts him some bread but it gets burnt she can then continue to imagine how her husband will scold her for that. She snaps out of her nightmare and shakes her head before agreeing to Daya’s suggestion of getting Dae Rook married of to Rich Girl. How she manages to convince him needs to be seen. Won’t be easy. Rich Girl will probably agree to said marriage since she already likes him and his eyeing him and may think that he still has some sort of feelings towards her or that since he had them once they will eventually return if they get together.

This being a drama it may very well turn out that her family may be suffering themselves. Perhaps her previous husband’s family took over her family business and kicked them out. (probably not possible otherwise it would be in the gossip news and Daya and Company would be aware of this fact unless it was covered up really well) So anyway they think that they are getting a good deal when it is anything but. Somehow Doran discovers this and decides to reveal this fact to the family in the nick of time. At first they are in doubt because they may think that she is just making up stuff so that Dae Rook can’t get married but she has evidence to back up her claims. Finally the MiL realizes just what a big mistake that she was about to make and starts to warm up towards Doran and finally accept her as her DiL again. Basically Doran needs to do something major for her to be accepted back into that family. The father isn’t the issue but the two ladies. Even Daya’s husband isn’t Anti her as he mentioned how the house felt empty without his grandmother and Doran there. Then again who am I to say this will happen as @jechoi1pointed out that could be a semi innocent meal that Dae Rook was roped into without knowing that he was being set up. Regardless of the fact we know that Daya was probably the instigator as usual.

As for Mr. Kang and the Gorae incident I guess we can go something along the following lines.

Gorae finds out that he has cancer and thinks that he is going to die because for some reason he thinks that it isn’t such a good idea to break this news to his family. Perhaps he thinks that he shouldn’t worry them as they already have so much on their plates. So he decides to take his wife out and give her a treat. He plans on doing everything that she planned on doing with her husband as a couple. After letting her have one of her best times with him he decides to drop the bomb on her that he wants a divorce from her. Instead of revealing the reason he tells her that he doesn’t love her anymore or something to that extent. Breaking her heart. Yet somehow she and her MiL discover the truth. They refuse to let him go. Infact Miran even offers to get herself tested later on to see if she is a match for him. This action moves her MiL and they realize that they have something in common after all namely a person that they care for. The MiL will also be further touched that Miran who isn’t related to him by blood is willing to go so far that she is willing to give up her liver and all. This will eventually be the key to mending their relationship as well as get her accepted into their family as well.

Unfortunately, it will turn out that neither of them are a match. Have no idea why Daya can’t be included. Perhaps she isn’t a match as well and the Uncle is delayed so he can’t make it in time or by the time he arrives it might be too late. Hong Joo isn’t made aware of this fact till much later on due to her having her own issues and all. But when she does she heads over to the hospital only to spot Mr. Kang over there as well. (perhaps he doesn’t see her) but she somehow figures out why he was there. Remember the matter between patient and doctor confidentiality is almost nil in said dramas plus she notes him in that area and all so she figures it out. This further moves Hong Joo. If we want, we can have her confront him and ask him why is he doing something like this when her family has treated him so badly and he could have totally ignored the matter even if he was guilty. But he tells her that isn’t the case and that is something that he needs to do to make some sort of amends towards her family for his actions but to keep it a secret from everyone else. She is hesitant but finally agrees to his terms.

Though she will eventually be forced to reveal what he did because Gorae and his family will be unaware of said deed and most probably his mother will head over to make a scene and blame Mr. Kang for something else Perhaps she will blame him for Goraes condition. Ie she was so out of it that when her husband died that she couldn’t take care of her son and thus Mr. Kang is responsible for that. I know that this doesn’t make sense but since this is a drama lets go with that. She continues to be like this until Hong Joo finally has had enough. (perhaps she comes in when her sister is being like this). She then drops the bomb on her revealing that if it wasn’t for Mr. Kang her precious son would already be dead. This shocks her and demands and explanation. After getting one she is probably in denial until evidence is brought up and gets confirmation from the doctor etc this finally gets her to calm down and thus the road to forgiveness finally starts which will eventually finish when she discovers that Mr. Kang has always been innocent etc

As for the matter of the loan shark while I do think that he will eventually confess to his crime it won’t be easy. A lot of persuading is going to be necessary to make it happen. While he does feel a bit guilty he thinks that it is unnecessary because Mr. Kang has already done his time as well as is doing well etc The only reason that can make him change his mind is if he witnesses Daya or her mother behaving in a manner such as slapping Mr. Kang for the death of the Dentist that he will realize that he was seriously mistaken or the fact that people are still spray painting on his shop walls or throwing eggs that he may feel guilty enough to come clean. Otherwise no amount of pleading from Mr. Kang is going to work for some time.

Anyway that should cover some of the other points. Going to bed now. So take care all of you and keep posting as I am looking forward to reading them.

Archived