[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Pretty unfair for the both of them having to split to make others happy.Both dads are basically putting thoughts and words in their mouths.

I am kind of glad he stood up for his daughter and told the other dad how it really is. Besides, they are not at their beckon call, go they go, come they come. That mean family has to prove their worth for our girl to go back and become the FIRST(not second) wife. :phew:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, smhelen said:

I am kind of glad he stood up for his daughter and told the other dad how it really is. 

I mean when he went after WDR to be honest went after person that just made right his biggest  regret   and being able to live with his daughter and the person he loves regret free. Everything this episode feel muted and force to me.

But he gets to live happy  with the person he loves even though that family was crappy to her and him as well.Not to mention her mom and sister who was even worse to her for many many years they where all basically forgiving

It just feels off that the person that did the most for you more then anyone else couldn't even get a word  in he just left.Not saying Kang owes him anything.

But we see how it ends though not too long now.

13 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I mean when he went after WDR to be honest went after person that just made right his biggest  regret   and being able to live with his daughter and the person he loves regret free. Everything this episode feel muted and force to me.

Oh, I see. WDR needs to bring down the house over his mother. And Daya is another story all together. 

Hi Everyone 

I have loved watching this drama it's been a like a rollercoaster ride . It's sad to see it ending , But it's time to move on to the next. DY will never get her full karma , But I guess that's the way her character was written,  I'm disappointed . EY Also it will take the lost of WDR to make her realize error of her ways. That may or may not happen. I cant see WDR ending up with anyone else.

I was happy to HJ and Mr Kang made up. Mr Kang expression when DR gifted him  and HJ the baby booties was priceless lol. 

Hi everyone,

I am so glad that Kang and HJ got back together at the beginning of last night's episode.  She really deserves happiness.   HJ finally went back to her normal self, hahaha!!  I thought it was so funny when HJ and Kang have little love fight when she tried to let DR know about her having a baby.  I laughed so much when Kang tried to stuff the food in her mouth!  haha

Also, I have no idea if anyone else noticed, but at the end of the episode last night, at the kitchen when HJ and Kang were talking, DR came in and brought them a present.  At the first half of the scene, HJ has a ring on her left hand, but the second half, she does not.  I wonder if this is a mistake on the director's part or HJ just didn't want to have one. 

I don't know how to share pictures. 

I was a little disappointed in the TP storyline.  A part of me thought that perhaps he was part of the JS Group.  THAT would have been perfect!  And it was possible, too!.  We only knew that the JS girl was the only daughter.  But if Grandpa had disowned his son and DIL years ago, then most of the world wouldn't know that another secret heir was alive.

And, a part of me didn't like Kang's attitude.  Who was he to suddenly insert himself and demand that TP go back to his grandfather?  He doesn't know what happened, has no clue what happened bc TP never told anyone.  You know, TP never asked any questions of Kang and I think that Kang should have returned that respect to TP.

Another episode where I was disappointed in President Wang.  He only accepted DR bc of Grandma, and not really for DR's or WDR's sake.  AND, really, really, really disappointed that he didn't out the mom and the fact that she's still interfering in everything.  Most of all, I don't like that he's so easily swayed.  Is he the head of the house or not?

But, I predict that it will end with DR and WDR back together in the last 6 minutes.  Then there will be time jump of 1-2 years.  And the last few minutes will show everyone being together and happy.  MR and DR will have both had babies (maybe even the Brat).  GR's mom and MR's mom will be on good terms.  Grandma will still be happy with MY and the MIL will be happy with DR.  I take that back.  DR and WDR will get back together in the last 3 minutes and the final 2 minutes will be used to show the happy epilogue after the time jump.

It pains me to see WDR and DR go separate ways but I can see why they should. I have to agree with a few of you who have posted so far. No one was opening their arms to welcome DR back because they truly felt sorry that they treated her that way. WDR's father did it because he wanted DR back to take care of his mom getting free elder care. Grandma wanted her back because she runs to her when ever she has an episode and younger bro tagged on because he felt sorry for how his brothers marriage ended. I have to agree with Mr. Kang they forced them to divorce never thinking about DR and the fact that she had nothing to do with what Kang did so long ago. They treated her badly and never thought of how nice she was , how sincere she was, how hard working and honest she was before they knew Kang was her father and a convicted murderer. Now that he is cleared most of the family wanted her back but for the wrong reasons. WDR still loves her but he could not fight his family when he was forced to let her go. I do not blame him but I see that he is not truly fit to get her back at this point. Mr. Kang has a point he is only hurting himself and DR by continuing on. 

WDR's mom is a major problem. No one can say anything when they learn that the woman has been to see Kang about DR. And no one has tried to truly stop her. They know what she is like and they can see she is stubborn and set in her ways. It was truly funny she had the nerve to be angry and offended when DR and her father said no to a reconciliation. She honestly felt that DR should be thankful that WDR still wanted her and they were going to allow her to remarry him. COME ON. This woman is a stuck up shrew and no one in their right mind should want to be her daughter in law let alone do it once more. Why would anyone want to go through that physical, mental or emotional pain again? She never liked DR and truly treated her badly. I have not seen her say sorry for that slap yet nor how she harassed DR and her father and their shop and no one made her. So kudos to Kang for saying HECK no to WDR's dad and for pointing out once again what he did to WDR and DR. The man could only hang his head because Kang called him out on his reasons for wanting DR back. 

Now WDR will feel a threat at finding out who TP is. I look forward to seeing what his mom's face looks like to learn the "Part Timer" that she was so disdainful about is actually a Chaebol. I am sure she will say something foul out of her mouth, because let's face it she has no filter. 

TP looks like a good guy and I can't see his grandfather repeating the same mistakes he made with TP's parents with DR and TP if it gets to that point, but I have a feeling that TP is in the "Friend zone" at least for now as DR heals her heart. We may just see a time jump and DR and WDR get back together perhaps with everyone growing and getting over what happen (and Halmoni perhaps passing so she is not a burden anymore) or TP has given DR time to heal her heart and they truly start to like one another and be together or there is an open ending for DR with either man. 

As for DY, I am truly sick of her and her childish , bullying ways. She did not want to apologize to Kang and she has not apologized to DR. She still looks down on DR and I sincerely hope she gets a slap in someway. Even if her hubby is not cheating her behavior is just as reckless and inconsiderate as her MIL and someone needs to CHECK her. Perhaps DR will be the one to do it or will notify her husband or WDR about her latest thug/strong arm tactics. What she should get is a huge slap for acting up only to find out it was innocent and perhaps her husband was doing something nice for her but her suspicious and angry behavior ruined that because of her thinking the man was cheating. 

For me also the best romance is Kang and HJ. I am happy to see these two get their happy ending it is truly about time. I find it quite cute that he is embarrassed to be having a baby at his age with a grown daughter, but I love that DR is so accepting and happy for them. I am waiting to see how they wrap up the last episode. 

38 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

And, a part of me didn't like Kang's attitude.  Who was he to suddenly insert himself and demand that TP go back to his grandfather?  He doesn't know what happened, has no clue what happened bc TP never told anyone.  You know, TP never asked any questions of Kang and I think that Kang should have returned that respect to TP.

You have to look through this in a patriarchal Korean lens, which is pretty much what Kang embodies. All he sees is a young man treating his grandfather like crap when his grandfather is begging him hat in hand. On top of that the grandfather already established he has no other family, so this looks really bad on TP. Is it fair? Not really but considering the message this show is hammering (family trumps everything) his behavior is expected.

Two most hated character of mine are DY and EY. Rather than slap, I want to punch their faces . Till now, they still do not get the deservedly punishment. While others, facing divorce, break up and many thing. Not enough just one episode for Daya to suffer. 

While watching this drama, I like how good Choi Soo Jong's fitness. Really match well with JK. Both are so fit.They can act like young actors. The scene Mr Kang run towards HJ is not something actor at his age will do.

I'm missing Grandma's act. Every time she pulls MIL and DY hair, I feel satisfied.

Feel pity with WDR and DR love story. I hope writer will wrap up their love story nicely. 

10 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I bet DR is going to feel sorry for her after following  her. I also bet DY is going  to say I was always jealous of you and your marriage that why I wanted to tear it down Or something like that. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing.  Since we are at the end of the series, I am sure they will become friends and everything will be just water under the bridge.  Like Kang said, he doesn't resent anyone and the past is the past.  I am sure DR will feel the same way.  

I have such mixed feelings about the ending.  Part of me wants DR to be with TP and part with DRK.  I think we may have a time jump and DR will have gone away to finish her education to become a lawyer and when she comes back, DRK will be waiting for her.  They both will still have feelings for each other and they will be together.  During that time frame, hopefully, DRK's mother will have matured a little and will have realized the value of DR.  

Only 2 minutes for the core of the plot (Mr Kang's rehabilitation)?

The core of the plot in this serial is the search for Mr Kang’ innocence (on the murder conviction) and for getting back his reputation. However, the rehabilitation only takes place less than 2 minutes (Episode 102, 1.06.45-1.08.02), in the form of good TV news on his innocence, right after the ex-loan shark confessed. Is it that easy?

If I am not mistaken, in the real world, even if the real culprit confesses, the wronged person does not automatically get his/her good name back. A court rehabilitation needs to take place. Before that, the police might not reveal the case as they need to do a re-investigation.  Usually, the wronged person has to push for a re-trial. There might be opposition as the re-examination might damage the reputations of the officers who were involved in the cold case. Thus, the whole process could be slow.

The news people would usually pick up the re-examination when/after the court re-examination takes place.

Yet, it seems that the production team / writer do not wish to allocate proper time for these significant events. Do they want to tell the viewers that, "If you want to watch these important events, just use your own imagination"?

By contrast, literally hundreds of minutes are wasted on less important scenes on Eun-Young & Da-ya's horrible antics, Do-Ran' adoptive mom' s annoying antics, and other trivial scenes. Don't the production team / writer realize that viewers are sick to their stomachs by these useless clowns?

The production team has given a lot of scenes when the innocents, Mr Kang & Do-Ran, get bullied by the community. Yet, I bet we may not watch any scene on how the real killer gets ostracized by the community. 

I wonder if the production team set their priorities right.

15 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, but this is kdrama world rather than the real world. :) Sorry, I'm teasing you a bit.

On a serious note, for a drama that had extended episodes, this ending still feels really rushed. Except, it's not really because they have time for MR"s mother to sing some nonsense song, not to mention dwell on DY's feelings of outrage at her husband cheating on her. Though I also wonder if DY's outrage is that the murderer and his daughter that she had been having tantrums about turned out to be innocent when she didn't want them to be innocent? Not that I really cared. I've been fastforwarding any time I see DY or WDR's mother, both of them are just too histrionic and whiny for my taste.

I'm still thinking that they plan on bringing DR and WDR together? While DR does enjoy TP's company, it still doesn't seem to be anything other than friendship on her part. And, WDR is clearly not over DR. So, now that WDR has re-met TP as the grandson of the significant investor, I wonder if that means WDR will back off DR thinking that TP can give her a better life than he and his family did?

I doubt that I'll get my desire ending of DY and WDR's mother being divorced by their respective husbands, especially since only the final episode is left. Good to see that Kang and HJ are happy at least. Anyway, it will all be over in the next episode.

I know it was a sad moment but I did like that WDR did not go act like psycho when he saw her with him.I also like he made it clear to the other girl and apologize if he gave her false hope.

4 hours ago, Lovebeats3 said:

While watching this drama, I like how good Choi Soo Jong's fitness. Really match well with JK. Both are so fit.They can act like young actors. The scene Mr Kang run towards HJ is not something actor at his age will do.

I don’t about anyone else, but that was my favorite scene of the whole episode.  It was so beautifully done, but I kind wished he kissed her, it was perfect timing, haha.  I was touched with the way he ran to her and gave her the warmest hug that she deserved this whole drama!  There are so many things I want to say about the scene, but no words can put it, how beautiful it is.  They are the best couple ever!!! 

Spoilers for the last episode that is  on right now,sorry this is my first time trying to do live recaps I skipped alot

Spoiler

I think not 100% sure that his mom and even DY went to apologize for WDR sake. 

He was in a bad place he looked awful I think DR turn him down again but this time she change her mine and ran after him but he was already gone thats  he looked awful.

Her dad took awhile thinking about it and I think he finally  said yes, she ran after WDR who is at the airport and they had a nice hug.

She is living back at home with him and everyone seem happy now,grandma was still chasing the mom around though lol.

DR and DY team up to  investigate see if her husband is cheating.Lol everyone was trying to hold their husbands back from beating up  the fool.

I think its 2 years later now and DR is going to law school.

They all gather for a big birthday party

DY is pregnant and so is DR sister,I see so many kids at this party I dont know whos who lol

We cut to both of them giving birth both husbands where being used to  help their stress lol

The End!

I left out alot of stuff of course since I dont understand the language but I did my best I hope you enjoyed it. :)

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

On 3/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, celebrianna said:

I also feel that a lot of these family show writers always make the main female character suffer for like 40 plus one-hour episodes and give the villain a bit of comeuppance in the last episode as well as a very lame semblance of redemption. It’s never satisfying. 

Dear fellow viewers, I feel for you. Actually, when I finish watching many dramas, I often find myself in agony.

Good leads must suffer, even protect bad leads: Is this the message?
It seems that in many dramas:
1) Good leads suffer in 97% (or more) episodes and are truly happy in 3% (or less) (last) episodes. 
2) Bad leads prosper in those 97% (or more). In the remaining 3% (or less), they are sometimes punished, but the punishment is very little shown. In others, bad leads escape punishment completely.

This is already bad. However, what might disturb the mind is that, not only are bad leads expected to forgive and accept bad leads, they are even expected to protect, even risk their lives, for the bad leads
a) In "The Good Witch", bad lead left good lead unconscious in a burning house. Yet, to protect the bad lead, the good lead threw herself at a gun and got mortally wounded in her stomach.
b) In “Meet Me at 1006”, good lead tried to save the bad lead, who had just kidnapped his girlfriend, and got shot point blank in the head.  

While many other dramas do not go to such extremes, the message (that good leads must suffer and  protect bad leads) seems to permeate.
c) In this drama, Eun-Young & Do-Ran causes endless suffering to Doran until the last 1-2 episodes. Yet Do-Ran protects Eun-Young and Da-Ya to the end. For example, when  the chairman wanted to divorce his wife, Do-Ran protected her and got divorced instead. She never tells other people how both women abused her. 

This is the million dollar question:
"Why should good leads suffer, and even risk their lives, for the sake of bad leads, who have inflicted so much suffering to the bad leads?"
If the production teams/scriptwriters want to send a message, what kind of topsy-turvy message do they want to convey to the viewers?
I rest my case.

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Spoilers for the last episode that is  on right now,sorry this is my first time trying to do live recaps I skipped alot

Reveal hidden contents

I think not 100% sure that his mom and even DY went to apologize for WDR sake. 

He was in a bad place he looked awful I think DR turn him down again but this time she change her mine and ran after him but he was already gone thats  he looked awful.

Her dad took awhile thinking about it and I think he finally  said yes, she ran after WDR who is at the airport and they had a nice hug.

She is living back at home with him and everyone seem happy now,grandma was still chasing the mom around though lol.

DR and DY team up to  investigate see if her husband is cheating.Lol everyone was trying to hold their husbands back from beating up  the fool.

I think its 2 years later now and DR is going to law school.

They all gather for a big birthday party

DY is pregnant and so is DR sister,I see so many kids at this party I dont know whos who lol

We cut to both of them giving birth both husbands where being used to  help their stress lol

The End!

I left out alot of stuff of course since I dont understand the language but I did my best I hope you enjoyed it. :)

I just want you to know that everything was accurate!! That’s how the story went!!! It was a good summary of what happened!! 

@jasmine19

Yes I agree.  These types of dramas are a guilty pleasure for me.  Not because I like to watch good people suffer but for the pay off at the end. Perhaps I want to see that justice in fiction that never or rarely happens in real life.

I would agree with you that 99% of the time the bad people are 'redeemed.'  And I'm not against redemption but that it comes so cheaply for the bad people whilst the good people carry the burden of the rest of the debt owed from their bad deeds whether it is lost time or even lost lives.

I think for me the recent dramas with ending full of justice and left me satisfied were Cdrama Because of you and Kdrama Sunny again tomorrow. Not perfect but man some of the comeuppance was a joy to watch. 

As for My Only Way, I'm disappointed.  Would have I been happy to see DR get together with Tae Poong and live a happy life whilst making WDR mum jealous and miserably along with DY. Yes, 100% yes.  However I could also have been appeased if DY and WDR mum had more realization or growth which wasn't to be seen. 

I don't regret watching this drama - that scene alone in the Police Station when DR's father is vindicated and DR and her father's scenes thereafter where so heartwarming.  Plus HJ too. 

I just wish drama writers would realize we're not here for JUST the pain. We suffer the pain so that justice will be all that much more sweeter. *sighs*  Oh well back to real life I suppose... Can you recommend any dramas where the end the bad guys get their comeuppance?

Archived