[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

For the political reasons someone else mentioned, and because he most likely loves Prince Qi’s mother. Men with multiple wives tend to love the children of the wives they love most. You can see it hurts him when Prince Qi cries out for him. 

Deep down he should love Qing Qing the most or he wouldn’t ask to be taken to her former residence when he took ill after receiving news of the defeat on the battlefield. Prince Qi’s mother said something similar. He shed a tear as he lay on the bed there, perhaps remembering happier bygone times spent in that bedroom. 

• Like 3

In ep. 31....

Spoiler

What about the conversation the CP had with WX that made Cheng Nei Ren so jealous? Was he actually just drinking water instead of wine? If so, why pretend? Did he actually order them to kill WX ? Is that why he hurried home after court?

4 minutes ago, aafa83 said:

In ep. 31....

Hide contents

What about the conversation the CP had with WX that made Cheng Nei Ren so jealous? Was he actually just drinking water instead of wine? If so, why pretend? Did he actually order them to kill WX ? Is that why he hurried home after court?

Spoiler

I don’t think he ordered them to kill Wenxi. The maid was just taking the opportunity to kill Wenxi at that point. The bottle is not wine, it’s supposed to be water (with herbal remedy) that cp brought in for Wenxi to drink. Cp spoke with his heart and Wenxi said to the maid that He was only saying that because he was drinking wine, but maid said it was water he brought in for Wenxi. Deep down maid knows that cp cares for Wenxi that’s why she was jealous.   Cp pretended to follow through his act so Wenxi wouldn’t figure out his plan. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:
Spoiler

There was speculation it could also have been written by Wenxi.

Do you have a screenshot of what the screenwriter said? I didn’t manage to see that comment on her Weibo.

Spoiler

I thought it could be WX's too. But there's that jade belt which belongs to CP. It looks more like CP's note to his royal father.

We can only wait and see. 

No, I didn't take any screenshot. I'll try to look for it and take one for ya.

For those who's wondering if CP knows AB's real ID, judging by this trailer (35) posted above, I say "NO". Look at...

Spoiler

his vicious look at AB and how he strangles her and drags her to the wall? My heart breaks for AB.:tears:

GIF-RN35-CPstrangles-AB.gif

It's way more interesting now. I can't resist sneaking a peek at the trailers. LOL. I have to catch up with you guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

I am wondering if 'they' just think we are not interested in her

She's a supporting cast only. In fact...

Spoiler

she will "leave" quite tragically very soon (if screenwriter keeps this plot the same as her novel).

• Thanks 1

Hi, Everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve watched a costume drama where I wanted to continue investing as a viewer. I’ve been slowly watching the subbed episodes, and I’m tempted to pause watching so I could binge watch a collection of episodes. However, due to the compelling storyline and acting, especially from our Crown Prince, I can’t help but continue watching. After watching the first 11 episodes, one word comes to mind when describing this drama, remarkable. The pace, plot, storyline, and budding romance between our lead characters piece together well to make the drama remain engaging. I’m excited to see how this story will continue to unfold. I just hope I won’t have to spill too many tears throughout this journey (though I know will probably be grabbing my tissues a lot haha).

I also wanted to take a moment to share how moving the Crown Prince’s dialogue was towards Wenxi in episode 11... 

Spoiler

where her father refused the continuation of their relationship. It was one of my favorite scenes from that episode actually. Although Wenxi was on the other side of the room, he was unable to meet her. So instead he used words to convey and confess his love towards Wenxi.

Your daughter is like the mountains and the rivers
I may not see them
But I can imagine how beautiful it is
Royal minister, you may not know how I envy the one who can marry her

It’s expectation, not the memory
Please wait for me

(English subs/translation is from Idol & Romance YouTube Channel)

This scene was beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time. With this storyline, it’s going to be quite a rollercoaster for our leads, but the happy ending will make up for it (hopefully if the director sticks to his words).

• Like 3

On 12/14/2019 at 9:05 AM, ayang23 said:

Hide contents

Your daughter is like the mountains and the rivers
I may not see them
But I can imagine how beautiful it is
Royal minister, you may not know how I envy the one who can marry her

It’s expectation, not the memory
Please wait for me

(English subs/translation is from Idol & Romance YouTube Channel)

Hi, that is one of my favourite scenes too.

Here is my attempt at translation:

Your daughter is like the mountains and rivers which, while I’ve not seen with my own eyes, I know must be very beautiful. You don’t know how much I envy the one who will be able to see her.

(Referring to their last conversation) The meaning of ke dai should not be something to relive in memory but... [something to anticipate] please wait for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Hi, that is one of my favourite scenes too.

Here is my attempt at translation:

Your daughter is like the mountains and rivers which, while I’ve not seen with my own eyes, I know must be very beautiful. You don’t know how much I envy the one who will be able to see her.

(Referring to their last conversation) It is something worth anticipating, not something to relive in memory. Please wait for me.

Beautiful translation and dialogue overall! Also, thank you (and everyone) for all the clarification and insights you've contributed to this thread. I couldn't help myself but review the spoilers hahahaha. I'm so excited and can't wait until the subs get out!!!!

• Like 1

Just watched ep 24 and 25 in amazon prime

why do I feel like I don’t understand any plots...  it is just like when I studied for my college exams. Even though I studied like 10 times and I wonder what I learnt and can’t remember a thing my professor taught. So complicated!!!!:rage:

Why is Royal Nirvana eps plot complicated and I don’t seem to get it even tough I’m watching with subs:bawling:

21 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

Kachan, how are the subs? How often does Amazon upload new RN episodes? Am not a Prime member yet but might sign up just for this drama! 

BTW, you are not the only one confused by the intricacies of the plots! I'm totally depending on this forum to explain things to me.

37 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

why do I feel like I don’t understand any plots...  it is just like when I studied for my college exams. Even though I studied like 10 times and I wonder what I learnt and can’t remember a thing my professor taught. So complicated!!!!:rage:

Why is Royal Nirvana eps plot complicated and I don’t seem to get it even tough I’m watching with subs:bawling:

Don't be sad. For me I often times fail to understand the scemes, too, mostly because I do not understand what each characters capabilities are. What certain ranks come with certain abilities or restrictions. I am properly lacking the requiered knowledge of that times political structure to properly understand things. It is also important to always know who is befriended/enemies with whom and why that matters. 

But don't be discouraged, that is what this forum is for. We can learn from others here and the best part, we don't need to take an exam on those matters XD

1 hour ago, aafa83 said:

Am not a Prime member yet but might sign up just for this drama! 

I suggest you check first whether RN is available for your region. I'm a longtime member of Prime & because of my region I still can't watch RN on there (to my dismay). I tried to use VPN, but Prime detected it & still couldn't go through.

• Thanks 1