[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

Ep23 shows how WX would have been a great wife and life partner for CP

Spoiler

rather than the Zhang lady. Everything about her pales in comparison to WX.. her lack of bravery, knowledge in literary arts and political skills... sigh. At least she is innocent and kind.

Teacher Lu had such great foresight but what a tragic turn of events :tears: 

• Like 2

If you've watched till Ep. 27:

Spoiler

Any one as disappointed as me that he seemed to have gotten over this "grand" love that he had for WX? I know it's pragmatic for that time period, but I just wished they could've shown the CP having more angst. I really thought he knew WX's identity earlier.

EP16: Heart wrenching when CP teacher died.

each and every episode is bringing me emotions I can’t comprehend. I watched so many but I couldn’t control it all.. 

each episode seem to be riddles and Sherlock homes that I can’t understand but i seem to stand with CP.

anyone watching could help us enlighten with the nooks going in so we can follow. Why is that every time chancellor is the winner

and I’m sad for CP

2 minutes ago, Kenny said:

@Kachan02, you need to mark your text as spoilers for others who read your posts. ^^* (It's the little eye symbol on the right side)

Sadly I can't help you with your questions bc I also rely on subs ... 

Thank you. I’ll do this going forward. 

• Awesome 1

Question EP 18

Spoiler

CP came running to emperor when he knew Fl and their brothers are being arrested. Did emperor purposefully signed they be punished so CP can come beg him as he did not come the night before as he was drunk due to his teacher’s death?

9 hours ago, aafa83 said:

If you've watched till Ep. 27:

Hide contents

Any one as disappointed as me that he seemed to have gotten over this "grand" love that he had for WX? I know it's pragmatic for that time period, but I just wished they could've shown the CP having more angst. I really thought he knew WX's identity earlier.

Here’s my take on Ep 24-27.

Spoiler

Recall that on his wedding day, his instructions to his eunuch about where to keep the painting by Wenxi told us he was keeping his love for her deep in his heart so it would not distract him. At the same time, he did not wish to forget it.

DQ had a lot on his plate. More than ever, he needed to stay focused in order to defeat the wily Li Baizhou and save WX’s father and brother. He had already lost his beloved teacher. Despite his effort, he was still one step behind Li. Li had not survived more than 30 years of officialdom without being a hard nut to crack! His father wanted results not excuses or failure.

At the same time, he had to worry about the well-being of his uncle, cousin and Feng En.

Highlights:

1. I very much enjoyed the way they shot the polo ball match. It was quite realistic and it looked to me Luo Jin knows how to ride. More congenial interaction between the Emperor and DQ! The Emperor accepted DQ’s hand when getting down from the horse. This contrasted with the last time when DQ tried to do this when Prince Qi was around. :)

2. We got further insight into the Emperor’s attitude towards the CP in their father-to-son (rather than ruler-to-subordinate) conversation. He had many considerations as an Emperor and he needed to account to the public. He gave DQ fair warning he could not always have his back as his father. He asked DQ if he could bear the responsibilities and risks of his position of being a CP. i really like his analysis here as it showed he was aware of the CP’s difficulties. CP said he could bear it. This is really a make or break time for the CP and we haven’t even reached the halfway mark of the drama. The Emperor left the palace to recuperate and placed the CP in charge. It was him giving CP a final chance to deal with Li.

3. We also got to understand CP’s attitude towards marriage and his wife. As he had witnessed his mother’s pain of being neglected growing up, he did not want his wife to suffer the same way so he treated his wife with kindness, respect and tried his best to protect her. He was also insecure about being a father because he had a rocky relationship with his father. Wenxi overheard the conversations he had with his wife so she understood him and felt even a small amount of envy for the Crown Princess having such a great husband (we all know it could have been her). It would have been difficult for him to make the best of his marriage if he knew Wenxi was around.

What’s Next:

1. Now I’m looking forward to them falling in love for the second time but we may have to wait till the Crown Princess dies. Currently, when he speaks to her, it is not as equals because of their social status so the gradual change in this will be another development to watch out for when they become closer.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

After death of CPs teacher,  FL says it’s all bcoz of me. Why is that?

Spoiler

She said that because she didnt manage to send the message slip from Li Meng An to her father, telling him not to take any action.

The delay was caused by her turning back to pick up the pouch she dropped earlier.

• Like 1

@Kachan02 

Can somebody explain scene in so 17. Prince qiimom comes running to emperor and emperor explodes saying this is the first time he did not come see me. What is this all about?

Regarding your question on that scene in Ep 17:

Spoiler

That scene was significant as it told the viewers how conscientious DQ was and how traumatised he was by the death of his teacher. It was his duty as a son to pay respect to his father twice a day so to take a break from what had been his routine for 12 years (something he did not do even when he was sick since this was the first time he did it, probably much like he had never missed a day of class even when he was sick) showed how much of a blow this incident was for him. It also revealed the Emperor cared more for DQ than previously thought. His words, “In his (DQ) heart, his teacher probably carried more weight than me, his own father“ were very revealing. It echoed his sentiments in an earlier scene when in his presence, DQ begged Teacher Lu to leave and be safe so he could have peace of mind. With his teacher gone, DQ had little to hold him back and to avenge his teacher, he could very well dig up all the dirt to get Prince Qi executed. The Emperor did not want that to happen.

By this point, the Emperor was aware the whole incident leading up to Teacher Lu’s death had been orchestrated by his consort’s father and Li Baizhou and he was furious at their interference. Due to the protest scenes being cut, we lost many details of the process.

In summary,

1. He knew CP was innocent of the newspaper debacle.

2. He had to send Prince Qi away immediately to pacify the officials and it was following the law and tradition of their country. Note that Li Baizhou did not want Prince Qi to leave. It was due to Zhang asking to be relieved of his post as punishment instead of what was agreed upon between him and Li. What Zhang was supposed to do was probably shown in the cut scenes.

3. As a wise ruler, he could not possibly execute all the officials involved (who would be left to help him run the country) but to assert his authority, he also could not allow the show of insubordination to go unpunished so the leaders, Lu Ying and his son, were held responsible.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

On 12/10/2019 at 6:46 AM, Kachan02 said:

Question EP 18

Hide contents

CP came running to emperor when he knew Fl and their brothers are being arrested. Did emperor purposefully signed they be punished so CP can come beg him as he did not come the night before as he was drunk due to his teacher’s death?

This ties with my explanation regarding Ep17.

Spoiler

Someone had to be held accountable for the insubordination. He had reservations at first about whether it was necessary to go the length of killing them but Li Baizhou said something that he could not refute - interrupting an important national ceremony (the exam) was tantamount to the destruction of the ancestral temples and concerns the diginity of the country and the authority of the Emperor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

@Kachan02 
Regarding your question on that scene in Ep 17:

Reveal hidden contents

That scene was significant as it told the viewers how conscientious DQ was and how traumatised he was by the death of his teacher. It was his duty as a son to pay respect to his father twice a day so to take a break from what had been his routine for 12 years (something he did not do even when he was sick since this was the first time he did it, probably much like he had never missed a day of class even when he was sick) showed how much of a blow this incident was for him. It also revealed the Emperor cared more for DQ than previously thought. His words, “In his (DQ) heart, his teacher probably carried more weight than me, his own father“ were very revealing. It echoed his sentiments in an earlier scene when in his presence, DQ begged Teacher Lu to leave and be safe so he could have peace of mind. With his teacher gone, DQ had little to hold him back and to avenge his teacher, he could very well dig up all the dirt to get Prince Qi executed. The Emperor did not want that to happen.

By this point, the Emperor was aware the whole incident leading up to Teacher Lu’s death had been orchestrated by his consort’s father and Li Baizhou and he was furious at their interference. Due to the protest scenes being cut, we lost many details of the process.

In summary,

1. He knew CP was innocent of the newspaper debacle.

2. He had to send Prince Qi away immediately to pacify the officials and it was following the law and tradition of their country. Note that Li Baizhou did not want Prince Qi to leave. It was due to Zhang asking to be relieved of his post as punishment instead of what was agreed upon between him and Li. What Zhang was supposed to do was probably shown in the cut scenes.

3. As a wise ruler, he could not possibly execute all the officials involved (who would be left to help him run the country) but to assert his authority, he also could not allow the show of insubordination to go unpunished so the leaders, Lu Ying and his son, were held responsible.

@bluehibiscus thank you.i thoroughly enjoyed and delighted on your explanation.

also it’s make sense that sometimes it is difficult for me to follow due to some of the editing and missed scenes.so I have to watch a scene few more time to follow 

• Like 1

Who is this guy Mr Xu Chengpeng? The third guy locked up in jail during exams  in ep 5, along with lu wenpu - FLs brother and jia bo CP cousin 

Spoiler

He seem to be the hidden villain in disguise assisting chancellor. Also he seem to be preparing for great revenge