[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

Preview ep 3637 38 39:cold_sweat:

Spoiler

OMG my heart is churning. What is this FL gets thrown in jail for CPrincess poisoning?

And it doesn’t stop there she gets arrested at the very last, Will she become prostitute?

i can’t take it:bawling: this is too much for me and my heart. Anybody please tell me my assumption is wrong?

1 hour ago, Kachan02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

OMG my heart is churning. What is this FL gets thrown in jail for CPrincess poisoning?

And it doesn’t stop there she gets arrested at the very last, Will she become prostitute?

i can’t take it:bawling: this is too much for me and my heart. Anybody please tell me my assumption is wrong?

Can you link the previews...?

Or give a recap of it?

46 minutes ago, Sunnysunday83110 said:
2 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can you link the previews...?

Or give a recap of it?

It was on YT idol and romance channel. Sorry It doesn’t have eng subs and I can’t understand without it. I  just assumed based on the scenes and interactions

Slightly off topic,I have been watching Royal Nirvana and I'm super irritated at the Emperor. I understand he has to curb either side power base to keep the court stable. However, all the plotting and scheming is because of his behaviour. Your eldest son and the imperial Concubine are nasty awful people and he lets them off time and time again. The Crown Prince suffer because of so called family ties. I say screw family times and punish them. He can be such a hypocrite sometimes. He lectures the Crown Prince but his eldest he gives a pass. If they are competing for the thrown aren't the standards supposed to be the same? Rant not quite over but there you go.   

4 hours ago, aafa83 said:

With the previews I don't get the impression he knows her identity by ep. 37 yet??? Can't wait to see his remorse when he finds out. Hope he grovels a lot for all that abuse.

I have a different opinion, though just like most of us here my heart is hurting for Wenxi. CP doesn't know about Wenxi's real identity, and he is even suspicious about her real motives. So when the "miscarriage" happen, and with some of Wenxi's inexplicable actions, it's natural that he punishes her. I can even see why he acts rather casually after Wenxi is proven innocent. He is a royal, after all, and Wenxi is "just" a maidservant. That was how the society back then, regardless of how decent he is. 

I might go even against the tide by claiming that ... I don't mind CP being lovey dovey with the Crown Princess. I mean, she is his wife. Considering they never knew each other before the wedding, and how much he despises her brother, the CP is really a good husband -- he could see his wife as a separate personality rather than just a part of a family he rather dislikes (more so, because his wedding is due to his father's order). I know I will like his character much less if he's portrayed as having a relationship with Wenxi with the Crown Princess in the picture. So I'm hoping that the drama will follow the novel (as someone here has mentioned before) that the Crown Princess will die, and their relationship starts after her death. 

One thing though. I didn't see the advanced-thinking and always cautious CP made a thorough investigation about Wenxi's background, even after her "allegedly attempt" to poison the Crown Princess. Had he done that, he'd find out that she was placed by Lady Jiang, and he'd probably traced "Miss Gu" all the way to her hometown. I'm not sure if it's a plothole overlooked, or deliberately written by the writers, or because they had to rewrite some parts. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, aafa83 said:

With the previews I don't get the impression he knows her identity by ep. 37 yet??? Can't wait to see his remorse when he finds out. Hope he grovels a lot for all that abuse.

9 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

I think it was mentioned that he will know on this Thursday's episodes(36-38).

Yes, it was posted by other viewers that Luo Jin said that in a live broadcast but I don’t know the exact words he used and they could have misinterpreted him. After watching the latest episodes, I hold the opinion that DQ is not going to know she is Wenxi. She is now going to call herself 

Spoiler

Ah Bao due to the tip given by the 5th Prince. This point is similar to the novel. Ah Bao was what the Empress nicknamed CP when he was young.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aafa83 said:

Ep. 33 questions:

Hide contents

What excuses did Zhang Luzheng  give for executing the father and son?

The truth that he told Nianzhi:

Spoiler

Zhang Luzheng was worried that both his and his daughter’s positions would be threatened by Lu Ying and Wenxi as CP held Lu Ying in high regard and Wenxi was the original choice for Crown Princess. He was afraid CP would take Wenxi as concubine and he probably thought Lu Ying would compete with him for the Chancellor position. Teacher Lu was correct in his assessment that this student of his would cause trouble for CP if he became his father-in-law.

The excuse he had prepared but which no one believed: A mistake was made when recording the names of the relatives of Li Baizhou’s wife as they had the same surname.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

It was on YT idol and romance channel. Sorry It doesn’t have eng subs and I can’t understand without it. I  just assumed based on the scenes and interactions

12 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

The previews are very cleverly cut so you can’t guess what is gonna happen but it is unlikely for prostitution to come into the picture as a form of punishment (I have never seen that in a Chinese drama). He just told Wenxi when she got out, she was not to die as he wanted to watch her sink to the bottom in a reference to the time when she jumped into the pond. In the preview of the previous episode, they were talking about something and she said she should perhaps jump into the pond again. He invited her to try and this time he would stand on the bridge and watch her sink.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aafa83 said:

@bluehibiscus

Hide contents

Why did she jump into the lake?  Surely not a suicide attempt?

I don’t know precisely. Perhaps it was the only way 5th Prince and she could think of to convince the CP she was innocent e.g. faithful servant following the mistress in death. Revealing her real identity was no longer an option as it would only make her the biggest suspect for the poisoning of Nianzhi. She has the motive and had the opportunity.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Who do you guys think will be the next Chancellor (not Zhang Luzheng as in the preview, CP asked him to go and ask the Chancellor)? At first I thought it might be Xu Changping but he is not senior enough in terms of experience.

I doubt it will be Zhang Luzheng since the emperor wants to investigate LY's case. Cp wont agree either. Xu Changping is too junior. How about Li Ming An? 

• Like 1

Oh my goodness. Kudos to the script writer. I didn’t see it coming.... the swift execution of father and son. Writer had us fooled with the happiness of Ep 32 coupled with WX saying her goodbyes, and then suddenly, the intense opening of Ep 33. None of the previews foretold this tragic injustice. 

I think I finally understood that both CP and WX had accepted that they were not meant to be. CP has committed to his marriage, and was a good and warm husband. WX just wanted to be in Eastern Palace for news of her father and brother, and knowing that the military horse issue has been resolved, she was ready to leave for her hometown. After the executions, CP was reminiscing about her to Wang Eunuch/ Attendant, and It made me realize CP did mean to break-up with her and start anew with his marriage. (She was simply, his first love. His past.)

What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2