[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Hyuk Shares The Reason He Continuously Takes On Many Productions

2299fdb526474302ae54d0767c99f4b3.jpeg?s=

On the September 26 episode of MBC’s “Radio Star,” Jang Hyuk revealed the reason for filming without taking any breaks.

During the show, the hosts asked the actor, “We heard you push your managers to bring in the next script in the middle of filming [your current drama]. What is the reason for doing back-to-back productions?”

Jang Hyuk answered, “People say it’s because I’m a workaholic or I don’t want to go home, but that’s not it at all. After working continuously for 23 years, I miss home and want to spend time with my children. However, now that I am in my mid-40s heading towards my late 40s, I keep thinking I should do a lot of productions. I have to appear in various genres so that I can relax in my late 40s.”

Jang Hyuk’s newest drama is “Bad Papa.” He will play the role of Yoo Ji Chul, a man who becomes a bad person in order to be a good father to his children. A former boxing champion and national hero, Yoo Ji Chul ends up losing his family, fame, and fortune in a single morning after suffering a disgraceful defeat. Son Yeo Eun, Shin Eun Soo, and Kim Jae Kyung will star in the drama as well.

“Bad Papa” is set to premiere on October 1 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. You can check out the latest teaser here.

Jang-Hyuk-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1236817wpp/jang-hyuk-shares-reason-continously-takes-many-productions

thanks @Prettysup for the article.

He is planning for his retirement, or I should say, to make retirement a choice. When u plan, when the time comes, u have a choice whether to do lesser or can afford to retire.

but when u don’t plan, u end up with no choices. U continue to work until u can retire. 

And especially so for their kind of industry - entertainment. There is a lifespan. 

'Bad Papa' Jung Sung-ho - Kim Seung-hyun, Special Appearance

2018-09-27 07:37:35

2018092801002076400166121.jpg

In this regard, comedian Jung Sung-ho and actor Kim Seung-hyun will make a special appearance at the beginning of "Bad Papa" and will give a strong power to the drama. Jung Sung-ho played a role as a narrator of mixed martial arts competition, bringing out the audience's enthusiasm through passionate relay, and Kim Seung-hyun played the role of friend Yoon Soo who ran away with Yoo Ji Chul's (Jang Hyuk) money in the drama.

Most of all Jung Sung-ho who juggles from an actor to a singer to a comedian, is also called "a human copier" and "the first man of the mangrove," is a comedian who has appeared as a comic actor in numerous dramas and has added fun to the dramas. However in Bad Papa he is a comprehensive martial arts commentator who takes a laugh out and dresses up and analyzes the game in detail based on his knowledge. 

Actor Kim Seung-hyun, who is celebrating his second heyday with "Daily Living Men 2", presents his candid life as a starring actor in "Bad Papa" for a long time. Jang Hyuk, who plays a friend role in the drama, is trying to catch a fingernail while holding his thumbs, causing sympathy by making a poor expression, and shaking up with the 'emotional power of acting'. 

'Bad Papa' is accompanied by actors who give credence to their names such as actors Jang Hyuk, Sangyoung, Shin Eunsoo, Ha Joon, Kim Jae Kyung, etc., and actors who emit intense force such as Jung Man Sing, Daewoo, Park Ji Bin, Solid drama '. Jeong Sung-ho and Kim Seung-hyun's special appearances are bringing more expectation. 

"We are really grateful to Kim Seung-ho, who made a smile on the scene with Jeong Seong-ho and Jung Sung-ho, who showed off the end of the game and the enthusiasm as if they had taken the actual match commentator," said the production crew. "Please watch the first broadcast of Bad Papa." 

Meanwhile, 'Bad Papa' Will be broadcasted at 10 pm on Monday, October 1. 

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

thanks @Prettysup for the article.

He is planning for his retirement, or I should say, to make retirement a choice. When u plan, when the time comes, u have a choice whether to do lesser or can afford to retire.

but when u don’t plan, u end up with no choices. U continue to work until u can retire. 

And especially so for their kind of industry - entertainment. There is a lifespan. 

Ahh u actually believe him? Hahaha... he had been working this way since he was in his 20s, till now in his 40s. I doubt that he will  'relax' after reaching his late 40s lol...

28 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Ahh u actually believe him? Hahaha... he had been working this way since he was in his 20s, till now in his 40s. I doubt that he will  'relax' after reaching his late 40s lol...

His idea of 'relaxation' is totally different from us though.:blink:

I think he is just being realist. In late 40s, good work maybe harder to come by. But it's just a possibility and he has already prepared himself for it. 

It's unimaginable that he'll slow down to rest because I can't see him puposely resisting a tempting offer. He really loves to work and he never had awareness of his discomfort.

Or maybe he'll direct his energy for fulfilling a new purpose. But rest? Nah....

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha like I said, he plan now so he can have a choice.

So if his choice is not to retire, why not?

And is true that this industry does come with a lifespan. Although I would love to watch him act forever but we know not possible right?

7 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

His idea of 'relaxation' is totally different from us though.:blink:

I think he is just being realist. In late 40s, good work maybe harder to come by. But it's just a possibility and he has already prepared himself for it. 

It's unimaginable that he'll slow down to rest because I can't see him puposely resisting a tempting offer. He really loves to work and he never had awareness of his discomfort.

Or maybe he'll direct his energy for fulfilling a new purpose. But rest? Nah....

As his fan, it's my selfish wish that he'll keep working, as long as there's good offers for him, I hope he'll not stop.

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

As his fan, it's my selfish wish that he'll keep working, as long as there's good offers for him, I hope he'll not stop.

Me too. He's in a good position in that while he'll eventually stop getting lead roles, he's done all genres, and I can see him being one of those vets you see in all kinds of dramas.

'Bad Papa' Jang Hyuk poster shooting scene, from champion to reality

In the MBC new Mon/Tue drama ‘Bad Papa’ poster shooting scenes released, Jang Hyuk is attacting attention with the sharp contrast between the 2 images portrayed, raising much expectations for drama.

In the first photos released, Jang Hyuk portrays a champion boxer with a muscular and intense eyes. However in the next photos we see him wearing a simple T-shirt, holding his daughter's school bag and smiling, expressing the atmosphere and character of the drama perfectly.

In particular, Jang Hyuk has been boxing consistently for the past 10 years, showing his skills on the set effortlessly. The character who fits him like a glove provided much atmosphere at the shooting scene.

Meanwhile, Jang Hyuk plays Yoo Ji-cheol, who used to be the best boxer until he fell from grace and lost everything within a day. In the drama, not only is he expected to show performance as a helpless middle-aged man who lost his money, honor and happiness, he will also show action acting as a fighter .

MBC New Mon/Tue drama ‘Bad Papa’ starring Jang Hyuk, who is raising the expectations with such a distinct difference in his character, will be broadcasted from 1st October at 10pm (photo = provided by sidusHQ)

201809281020230310_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809281020230310

Choi Yoon-ra plays Choi Sun-young, the younger sister of Choi Sun-joo (Sun Yeo-eun) is the sister of Choi Sun-joo. She is a marriage hateist after undergoing a failed marriage herself.

2018092801002204500174911.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201809280100220450017491&ServiceDate=20180928

Jung Ik-han plays Kim Jong Doo in the drama 'Bad Papa'. Kim Jong-doo is the younger brother of Kim Chul-doo (Lee Jun-hyuk), the chief of the gambling company. Unlike his brother, Kim Jong-doo has a temperate personality, is unrecognized, but a character one cannot hate.

2018092811454611354.jpg

http://news.hankyung.com/article/2018092844704

Thanks for the updates Prettysup. Chingus.. hope we get raw recaps fore the premiere Oct 1.  Watch me get excited! ^^

The love of fans for Jang Hyuk! For his work ethics for the love  and passion for this hard working man. good actor good father.

DoJWbjFVAAAt1WX.jpg

Archived