[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

43 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

He has no choice, this is a MBC talk show, he has to promote his rival no matter how 'unwilling' he is haha..

Yes it is in her character description, she is big supporter of her Papa.

Let's pretend MBC forced him. He is 'Cha concubine' afterall (by his own admission). He is good at decimating and manipulating the ratings of the shows of his close friends.:P

I read the synopsis at the wikipedia page again and according to it Ji Chul decides to appear in an illegitimate fight to get the prize money. It seems more feasible as it explains his concealed face, his daughter's reluctance and the 'bad' part of the title of the drama.

I beleieve he was MMA fighter earlier and later with the aid of the drug he decides to be an illegal fighter which will lead him towards colossal sufferings. His returning to MMA doesn't make much sense because it won't quick fix his money problem and clinical trials are legal.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

@Prettysup @fiesty8001 Poor Hyuk, looks like he is asked to inflate crushed water bottles with his Jeet Kune Do nose again...just like what KJK asked of him when he appeared on Running Man.. Can't wait to see how he would be teased by Cha.:lol:

Ya man! It has become a norm for him to do that hahaha! 

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Ya man! It has become a norm for him to do that hahaha

It used to be his one thumb push ups or Jeet Kune Do demonstration...now it is boxing and his nose stunt.. lol.:joy:

Translation of his interview.

Cr. Owner

'Bad Papa' actors to appear in 'Radio Star'

20180925083411877.jpg

MBC entertainment program ‘Radio Star’ aring on 26th September 11:00 p.m. will feature five actors from upcoming drama ‘Bad Papa’ - Jang Hyuk, Son Yeo-eun, Ha Joon, Kim Jae-kyung and Choi Ki-seop, in a special episode titled ‘Papa is very busy today’.

Jang Hyuk, who rarely appear on entertainment shows, introduced himself as “I am Jang Hyuk, Cha Tae-hyun’s friend. And I am really afraid to appear in Radio Star”. Cha Tae Hyun then suggested that he can relax by using his nose to blow a crushed PET bottle. So Jang Hyuk showed off his skill and blew a crushed PET bottle with his nose, drawing much laughter from everyone.

Jang Hyuk says that he does not exercise without sweating, and showed his advanced level of boxing skills in 'Radio Star'. Cha Tae-hyun then analysed what would the result be if Jang Hyuk has a match with fellow Dragon Club member Kim Jong-kook, drawing much curiosity.

In addition, Jang Hyuk’s juniors have also exposed the the fact that he is a TMT (Too Much Talker). Starting from the revelation of actor and comedian Choi Ki-seop who strongly recommended him to appear in 'Radio Star', his talkative nature and tendencies to give late answers made everyone laugh. 

Jang Hyuk also talked about his past experience as rapper TJ, which even his best friend Cha Tae-hyun did not know much about in the past. He turned into TJ on this day summoned the "Hey girl" legend once again. 

‘Radio Star’ is scheduled to broadcast at 11:00 pm on 26th September.

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11701168

'Bad Papa' beautiful detailed sets - from fighting rings to sophisticated CG

MBC's new Mon/Tue  drama Bad Papa's attention to details with regard to the fighting scenes is drawing much attention.

"Bad Papa," which airs from October 1 at 10:00 pm (written by Kim Sung Min-min, directed by Jin Chang-gyu, produced by Hoga Entertainment) is a story about a man who chose to become a bad man in order to be a good father. It is a fantasy thriller that combines fresh materials that are not easily seen on TV such as boxing, gambling places, MMA, new medicine, as well as the emotional weight carried by the head of a family.

Two detailed sets of "Bad Papa" are drawing attention - the official fighting stage, and the gambling battleground. In the case of 'official mixed martial arts stage', it was built after checking with the Korea MMA mixed martial arts organization TFC, , from the actual game rules to the attachments in the cage installation and the direction of the competition line where the athletes enter.

Moreover,  sophisticated computer graphics technology was introduced to express heat in the stadiums. The 360-degree mixed martial arts ring set was installed on a chrome screen. The production team collaborated with Shinsegae Co., Ltd. to shoot the explosive scenes and the cheering crowd separately, and then used synthesis techniques to complete the scene.

On the other hand, in the case of "gambling battlefield" where fighting was done without rules, a stage was intentionally created that destroyed official rules. The black stage was completed by capturing the details of the hand tips such as the rough clothes, and open-fingered gloves in a totally different way from the comprehensive fighting cage.

"Everyone who tries to maintain their lives is a player who has participated in some kind of battle," the crew said. If we put the life of a fierce struggle on the ring, it would have to be realized with realistic and explosive scenes." "Please look forward Bad Papa -  the life of a man who uses action to solve the deep and violent emotions".

201809251026390310_1.jpg

201809251026390310_3.jpg

Spoiler

201809251026390310_2.jpg

201809251026390310_4.jpg

201809251026390310_8.jpg

Spoiler

201809251026390310_6.jpg

201809251026390310_5.jpg

201809251026390310_7.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809251026390310

Son Yeo Eun, Jang Hyuk, And Shin Eun Soo Give More Insight Into Their “Bad Papa” Characters

Sep 25, 2018
by J. Lim

MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Bad Papa” is preparing to begin airing soon, and main cast members Jang Hyuk, Son Yeo Eun, and Shin Eun Soo recently opened up about their characters and what they hope to achieve through the drama.

Jang-Hyuk5.jpg

Jang Hyuk will be taking on the role of Yoo Ji Chul, a former professional boxer who was at the top of his game when he experiences an unexpected defeat and loses everything in a day. He described his character as, “Yoo Ji Chul used to be a world champion, but something happened to his body and he’s been living as a detective and ordinary head of the household for the past 11 years.”

He expressed his affection for the drama as he went on to say, “It’s a story that deals with the struggles of being the head of a household. It also touches on the reminiscing and longing men sometimes feel about dreams they had to let go of when they become the head of a family. It’s been a year and a half since I was offered this drama. I really wanted to do it. Though the title is ‘Bad Papa,’ my character isn’t a bad father, he’s a man who has many things he wants to do for his family but his situation doesn’t allow him to do so.”

Son-Yeo-Eun2.jpg

Playing Jang Hyuk’s wife will be Son Yeo Eun. Choi Sun Joo had once dreamed of becoming a screenwriter but had to put those dreams aside after her family was hit with hardships. Son Yeo Eun stated, “She is a character who dreamed of a happy married life but faces unexpected hardships when her husband falls from grace. However, she still wants to be a good wife and a good mother.” She added, “It’s hard to describe Choi Sun Joo in a single word. I chose the character because she’s so versatile and relatable.”

Son Yeo Eun added, “I felt like this character could give me the opportunity to try something new as an actress. I actually had many conversations with friends who have been married for a long time in order to understand aspects of the reality of marriage that I hadn’t previously known.”

Shin-Eun-Soo2.jpg

Shin Eun Soo will be playing their daughter, Yoo Young Sun, who appears distant and cold on the outside but is actually a very caring and thoughtful daughter. The actress stated, “I am the daughter of Yoo Ji Chul, who was once the world’s greatest boxer. My character is just like her dad, good at sports and looking out for others. Though she’s just an ordinary high school student who isn’t that good at anything and doesn’t really have much she wants to do, she’s very passionate about dancing.”

Revealing that she’s been changing the way she walks to reflect that her character has been practicing ballet since she was young, Shin Eun Soo said, “She’s a person who is full of passion. Yoo Young Sun is very honest and speaks her mind often, which is something people have attributed to me too.”

“Bad Papa” will tell the story of a man who decides to become a bad person in order to become a good father. The chemistry between these three actors as they come together as a family will be shown from the premiere, which will air on October 1 at 10 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/article/1236065wpp/son-yeo-eun-jang-hyuk-shin-eun-soo-give-insight-bad-papa-characters

We  know based from the story this drama's gonna be emotionally heavy. And now the character description. I think we're going to sheds tears.  Just like how Yoo Ji Chul going to shed blood sweat and tears to become a good father.

So this was offered to hims a year and half ago. interesting. I guess after Money Flower or before Money Flower?

On 9/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, azureblue7 said:

Can't wait to see how he would be teased by Cha.:lol:

Hyukie was so embarrassed on the running man while completing this task. I wonder if KJK and CTH connived to make him do it again.:P

CTH is quiet kinder to him as compared to rest of his friends. He doesn't tease him too much.

44 minutes ago, jongski said:

So this was offered to hims a year and half ago. interesting. I guess after Money Flower or before Money Flower?

If translation(and in case Hyukie) is correct then it was before MF. On the basis of this information we can predict that he has already lined up projects for 2019 and 2020.:sweatingbullets:

Kim Jae Kyung Proves Her Character Is Tough As Nails In “Bad Papa” Teasers

257e66fe80e7494c9bffb0dbb4ec403b.jpeg?s=

Kim Jae Kyung is showcasing a new image for her “Bad Papa” role!

The MBC drama stars Jang Hyuk as an ex-boxer who decides to become a bad man in order to be a good father. Kim Jae Kyung plays Cha Ji Woo, a police detective who supports Jang Hyuk’s character even when no one else will.

As befitting her job, Cha Ji Woo is a tough, charismatic character who embraces her maverick side and is 100 percent serious about her job. The new teaser images from “Bad Papa” show Kim Jae Kyung in character, pulling an all-nighter and clipping her nails at her desk. When an unknown man (his face is cut off from the photos) comes in to the office, she looks both surprised and irritated at the interruption.

bad-papa-kim-jaekyung.jpg

The scene in question was filmed on August 27 at a set in Gyunggi Province. As this was her first time playing a detective, Kim Jae Kyung resolved to cut her hair for the first time in 18 years to embrace her role. Throughout the shoot, she continually corrected her posture in order to portray Cha Ji Woo’s all-natural vibe and frequently consulted with her fellow actors.

kim-jae-kyung-bad-papa.jpg

The production staff stated, “It’s hard to believe this is her first detective role. She’s a perfect fit for the character. As a loyal junior and friend, and also as a mysterious someone’s daughter, please look forward to Cha Ji Woo and Kim Jae Kyung’s development throughout the drama.”

“Bad Papa” premieres on October 1 and will be coming to Viki. Check out the trailer below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1236411wpp/kim-jae-kyung-proves-character-tough-nails-bad-papa-teasers

Archived