[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mandunim86 said:

I am curious if a drama holds a production presentation does that mean that the drama has a big budget or a big scale drama? no? 

I think all of dramas do that. I've never seen a drama without production presentation regardless of the budget.

Translation of press conference news:

Jang Hyuk as 'Bad Papa' - only wishes to be an ordinary dad in real life

During the press conference for new MBC drama 'Bad Papa', Jang Hyuk plays a professional boxer whose life fell into despair after suffering a defeat. As an expert in Jeet Kune Do, Taekwondo and boxing in real life, Jang Hyuk said that he did not receive any special training as preparation for this role, as he 'just continue to do the regular exercises' which he had been doing all along.

Rather, it was playing the part of a father with a 17 year old daughter that gave him pressure. Having 2 sons and a daughter in real life, Jang Hyuk said that he hopes to be a friend to his daughter just like an ordinary dad, though he cannot guarantee that he will not be long-winded. He added that since he has a daughter in real life, he is also worried that once she reaches high school, she may ignore her parents and prefer to go out with her friends. He hopes that he will not be a too conservative and rigid dad in both reel and real life.

In contrast, Ha Joon who also acts as a boxer and fighter in the drama is having a hard time. He revealed that he started training for his role 3 months ago, for 6 hours a day. And everyday, a different part of his body will be in pain. Once when he was showering, he couldn't help but cry and wonder 'why is it so painful'? But he feels that he is now more confident to play the role well after experiencing such pains.

Ha Joon also joked that his character in the drama is the 'little king' who breaks up the protagonist's family. He added that after the first audition, he thought that he was not successful. However when he received the notice for the second audition, he was so surprised and rushed immediately to Dongdaemun and spent all his money to dress up and even did a style-up hairdo. He was very happy to receive the role of the 'little king'.

Son Yeo-eun acted as a rich girl in her previous drama 'Sister is still alive' which is a big difference from the kind housewife in 'Bad Papa'. She is happy that she is able to portray a different image for the viewers. In order to play the role of a good mother and wife, she revealed that she deliberately not style her hair when filming so as to be as natural as possible. She is happy that she will be playing the role of a wife who married young, faced hardships with her husband, and overcame them eventually, as these are things which she had not challenged before.

Kim Jae-kyung who is from Rainbow group, is happy that she has a supporting role in this drama rather than the cameo ones she did before. In order to play the role of a lady detective well, she quitted carbohydrates in order to show a more agile and slimmer image to the viewers.

490110_149404_2848_org.jpg

https://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20180928002979-260404

I liked the long preview. I'm looking forward to Monday. FIghting, Bad Papa! 

Terius Behind Me got off to a good start for MBC this week although it doesn't have nearly the competition Bad Papa will have. Hopefully, the fact that the other dramas are romances will differentiate Bad Papa from the rest of the pack.

On an aside, I've been following news on Best Divorce since I like Cha Tae Hyun and love Bae Doona and only one teaser has been released even though it starts on October 8th. Usually, I would expect that of MBC. 

Seo Yeo Eun And Ha Joon Share Story Behind Rumors About Their Relationship

4cacbee9126f40dc8cd98e40be7d3db7.jpeg?s=

Son Yeo Eun and Ha Joon told the story behind their dating rumors.

On September 26, the cast of the upcoming drama “Bad Papa” appeared on MBC’s “Radio Star.”

When host Yoon Jong Shin said, “I heard from the ‘Radio Star’ writers that Son Yeo Eun and Ha Joon might have a fling,” the two actors shared their sides of the story.

Son Yeo Eun began, “We were introduced to one another since we’re in the drama together. He gave me a 90-degree bow and called me sunbaenim (senior). We exchanged numbers and I received a text message from him that night. It didn’t have the same vibe as the person who gave me a 90-degree bow just earlier that day. It said, ‘Noona! It was so nice to meet you today.’

“He said, ‘Since we only saw each other for a short amount of time, please buy me a yummy meal.’ It made me think that he was bold in approaching me, but I’m very shy.”

Ha Joon explained, “When you’re acting, you have to get close to one another in order to communicate well. I’m younger and it seemed like I needed to approach her first.” The actor is four years younger than Seo Yeo Eun and she debuted 10 years earlier than him.

When the hosts also asked Ha Joon about how he reminded Seo Yeo Eun to take digestion medicine, the actor replied, “To my acting partner, I always give them a lot of my heart and think about them a lot. She was cold that day, so I wondered how she was doing because her acting has to be good for my acting to be good as well.”

Catch Seo Yeo Eun, Ha Joon, and more in “Bad Papa” when it premieres on October 1. In the meantime, watch the trailer with English subtitles below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1236751wpp/seo-yeo-eun-ha-joon-share-story-behind-rumors-relationship

Text preview of Ep.1-2

1-2회
BADMAN or HERO

지철(장혁)은 집 전셋값과 딸 영선(신은수)의 합의금까지 마련해야 하는 상황에서 우연히 이천만 원짜리 임상시험 공고를 보게 되는데...

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/badpapa/preview/

Google translate :  Ji-chul (Jang Hyuk) is in a situation where he needs to set up a settlement of the house front value and daughter Young-Sun. I accidentally see a 20 million won clinical trial announcement ...

Poor Ji Chul. He participated in clinical trial to get money. 

Archived