[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

According to her character description, it says she doesn't know why she likes a married man? Even when other fellow detectives find his laziness off-putting, she finds it comfortable.

Why it sounds like Detective Moo! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Jae Kyung Gets Into Character As Charismatic Detective In “Bad Papa”

MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Bad Papa” has shared new stills of Kim Jae Kyung as an intense but warm detective.

Kim Jae Kyung will be playing the role of Cha Ji Woo, a police detective who follows and works with Yoo Ji Chul (Jang Hyuk) when no one else will. She is very serious about her job and will stop at nothing to take down a criminal, but she is also a warm source of comfort for Yoo Ji Chul.

Kim-Jae-Kyung-768x768.jpg

Bad Papa” has shared new stills of Kim Jae Kyung engrossed in her job as a detective. She can be seen looking around and she has a sudden look of surprise before her gaze sharpens again. Something that stands out is her short hair, and Kim Jae Kyung revealed that this was the first time she had cut her hair short in 18 years. She added, “From the moment I 

auditioned, I had the perfect image of Cha Ji Woo in my head, and one cameras started rolling, the director, screenwriter, and staff members helped bring that image into reality.”

She continued to state, “The night before the first filming, I couldn’t sleep and I felt a sense of excitement, like I was getting ready to go on a vacation. And the first day flew by. During our breaks, Kim Byung Choon gave me lots of advice and shared funny stories with me to help me feel less nervous. I still feel excited for every new day of filming.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1230377wpp/kim-jae-kyung-gets-character-charismatic-detective-bad-papa

Kim Jae Kyung as Cha Ji-woo
(Daughter of Dr. Cha, former partner of Ji-cheol, detective of Metropolitan Investigation University, age 32) 

She is much younger than Ji-cheol, but has become the youngest woman to be promoted and is now of higher rank than Ji-cheol. Even if everyone ignores Ji-cheol, Ji-woo likes him and follows him around. She doesn't know why she likes him, but Ji-cheol's laziness, which is looked down upon by his other colleagues, seems comfortable to Ji-woo,.

After Ji-cheol leaves the police force due to an unpleasant matter, Ji-woo accidentally stumbles upon a mysterious case. And she was shocked to learn that two of her favorite men, herfather and his respected senior Ji Cheol, were involved.

1_chajiwoo.jpg

Lee David as Kim Yong Dae 
(Third-rate coach, 26-year-old)

An ardent admirer of Ji-cheol since his childhood, it is time to recognize Ji-cheol, who is no longer recognized by anyone. He watched Ji-cheol's 13th defense match with tears in his eyes.

With his pure fan spirit, he tries to convince a current half-hearted Ji-cheol back to the stage. He thought he can make a fortune with Ji-cheol's skills.

1_yongdae.jpg

Park Ji Bin Suits Up To Play Villain For The First Time Since His Debut In “Bad Papa”

Park Ji Bin went from being a child to a man for his villainous role in upcoming drama “Bad Papa.”

“Bad Papa” is a new Monday-Tuesday drama that will star Jang Hyuk as Yoo Ji Chul, a man who becomes a bad person in order to be a good father to his children. A former boxing champion and national hero, Yoo Ji Chul ends up losing his family, fame, and fortune in a single morning after suffering a disgraceful defeat.

Park Ji Bin will play the role of Jung Chan Joong, a “high risk, high return” CEO who only serves his own interests. He is an explosive character who enjoys risks to make money and does not hesitate to take on everyone’s life with madness. He’ll do anything to achieve his goal, and his dangerous side will increase the tension in the drama.

On September 17, the drama released stills of Park Ji Bin as Jung Chan Joong entering a secret location in the forest. In an all black suit with a cold expression, he gets out of his car and scans the area. Then he exchanges looks with his subordinates and silently commands them to do something.

This is Park Ji Bin’s first role as a bad guy since his debut as a child actor 17 years ago. The production crew praised, “It is very reassuring to have an actor with strong acting skills, like Park Ji Bin, to play the role of Jung Chan Joong, who must unleash explosive energy. The more we film the drama, the more charismatic he is. Please look forward to ‘Bad Papa’ that will be completed with great actors.”

“Bad Papa” is set to premiere on October 1 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Watch the teaser below!

20180917081010112.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1231523wpp/park-ji-bin-suits-play-villain-first-time-since-debut-bad-papa

Archived