[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, alia nurul said:

Wait.  The preview shows his dad in the church.. Was he been released??  Omoooooo.. 

No no, they’re still in their prison uniforms. Although it’s not common knowledge, prisons do have churches. Even a criminal has the right to practice their religion and pray. 

40 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Those new stills... he wakes up without his nak won around. He's looking for her. Ah.... I need episode 11 now!!!

Ah.. ops .. i thot uri couple reunite at the hospital? :grimace: i mean... i m expecting some hospital bed scene ...nay juz kidding

Quote @itgirl trans:

Do Jin is a detective at the major crimes unit! He's unexpectedly attacked while chasing a possible suspect. 

Jae Yi and Do Jin is transported to the ER and they reunite by fate....

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: LAWLESS LAWYER, COME HERE AND HUG ME, ABOUT TIME, MISS HAMMURABI

Capture2

Come Here and Hug Me
Network: MBC
Genre: Melodrama, Romance, Thriller
No. of Episodes: 32 episodes (35 mins)

Next, we’ve got MBC’s Come Here and Hug Me, the melodrama starring first-time leads Jang Ki-yong and Jin Ki-joo. It’s a story of a man and a woman whose fates are intertwined because of a murder case that happened in their childhood. Sounds heavy? It actually is. Jang Ki-yong plays an aspiring police officer whose father murdered an actress who happens to be the mother of Jin Ki-joo’s character Gil Nak-won. At present, Nak-won is an aspiring actress suffering from PTSD. We’ve only got a glimpse of these two actors in the first episode but they have managed to give off a very strong presence, especially Jang Ki-yong. His is a complex character but this model-turned-actor managed to portray it with so much depth that I could have expected. The way he stares at people in the scene where he confronted the fellows who were talking about his psychopath father’s criminal past were very intense, it’s actually piercing. And after that scene where a tear rolled down his face as he realized he’s seeing Nak-won on tv convinced me another great actor has been born. This brought me to the question: how could we only discover him now when he could act this well. But even if Jang Ki-yong was amazing, watching our Nam Da-reum played his younger counterpart made me want to stay in the past timeline a little bit longer. This kid is growing so fast, he’ll have a show of his own any time soon. But the real standout in the first episode was veteran actor Heo Joon-ho who played the psychopath Yoon Hee Jae. Dear Lord! His stares were enough to send chills to my bones. I was actually nervous every time he’s on screen, dreadfully anticipating he’ll murder someone in the show.

Verdict: All hail to the Dramagods who prevented Nam Joo-hyuk and Suzy from becoming this show’s leads because I couldn’t imagine them breathing life to these emotionally scarred characters as wonderful as our current pairing. I’m no hater but these types of roles deserved competent actors. Final say? COME HERE AND WATCH ME.

Full: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/05/31/first-impressions-lawless-lawyer-come-here-and-hug-me-about-time-miss-hammurabi/

I like  the time jump. 3 years is a good time for Nak Won and Na Moo to establish their careers. Also the drama has taken almost a third of its air time fleshing out the back story of the leads - they have got us invested in their love story and their shared tragic past. But it's really time to move on. The healing needs to begin,  and Nak Won and Na Moo need to properly reconnect again. They have on their own been able to get a grip on life, and made something of themselves. But there's still so much pain that needs to be erased. They better be the end game cause I have spent all my tears and emotions , and will be so mad if that goes to waste.

The scene of the victims blaming Na Moo and making him guilty by association , angered me. But this is not the first time nor the last time we will see this in dramas or IRL. Grieving families often need someone to blame. Na Moo unfortunately became their target. 

While watching ep 10, I was reminded of a conversation I had with one of my Korean students. Like many , he is not wanting to return back to SK because life there he says , is really stressful and it's hard to find a job even as a graduate.  What makes things worse is that what you do is often  judged  twice . Once by society and once by the law. And he says that judgement by society is even harsher and can really kill the soul. So Na Moo may not be the murderer, but society sees him as one just because he is his father's son. He has already been labeled by society.  It's amazing he is able to live through that trauma, something his bro could never do.  So for me Na Moo is an extremely strong person emotionally , and I am certain that he will continue to choose to stay in the light.  Like you said earlier @stargazer187 he has a wonderful anchor in his step-mum and SJ. And his strength comes from his love for Nak Won.

( by the way stroppyse is out of town, so won't be able to translate)

JKY slayed this scene. So good.

bq8PwIb.png

2 hours ago, triplem said:

.While watching ep 10, I was reminded of a conversation I had with one of my Korean students. Like many , he is not wanting to return back to SK because life there he says , is really stressful and it's hard to find a job even as a graduate.  What makes things worse is that what you do is often  judged  twice . Once by society and once by the law. And he says that judgement by society is even harsher and can really kill the soul. So Na Moo may not be the murderer, but society sees him as one just because he is his father's son. He has already been labeled by society.  It's amazing he is able to live through that trauma, something his bro could never do.  So for me Na Moo is an extremely strong person emotionally , and I am certain that he will continue to choose to stay in the light.  Like you said earlier @stargazer187 he has a wonderful anchor in his step-mum and SJ. And his strength comes from his love for Nak Won.

Sorry to cut your post but I wanted to address this in particular since this is what really bothered me most when I watched the two episodes on my way to work this morning. I just couldn’t understand how the victims felt that their actions were righteous. Why should the child bear the sins of the parent? He was only a kid when his father did those things. He grew up to be someone who will take on the responsibility of protecting the weak and the wronged in society. Why not watch how he lives? How can anyone with a conscience humiliate and assault someone like that without any provocation and still feel themselves justified? I can never relate to victims who do this sort of thing. However, I do acknowledge that it probably depends on a person’s belief system and sense of wrong and right. 

I confess I cried my eyes out when I saw how he was treated when he did nothing wrong. I think my favorite moment of the episode was his mom’s encouragement to him. I loved how she told him she’s proud of him and reminded him of how people live their lives. I thought it was exactly what he needed to hear after listening to the devil’s whisper in the form of that depraved reporter. As to her, it’s like she relishes antagonizing him. To me her goal seems more sordid than fame or anything like that. I suspect we’ll unfortunately see more of her even with the time jump. 

Hello to all! :D

This drama did not excite me at first but after watching the first 4 episodes it got me hooked. Love the OTP and damn they are talented much.

Its a solid story line and the actors are doing justice to it.

Looking forward to tonight's episode, hope there is no more separation between them. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Sorry to cut your post but I wanted to address this in particular since this is what really bothered me most when I watched the two episodes on my way to work this morning. I just couldn’t understand how the victims felt that their actions were righteous. Why should the child bear the sins of the parent? He was only a kid when his father did those things. He grew up to be someone who will take on the responsibility of protecting the weak and the wronged in society. Why not watch how he lives? How can anyone with a conscience humiliate and assault someone like that without any provocation and still feel themselves justified? I can never relate to victims who do this sort of thing. However, I do acknowledge that it probably depends on a person’s belief system and sense of wrong and right. 

I completely agree with you , children should not bear the sins of their parents . The families of these victims fail to realise that the family of the the murderer are also victims themselves having to live with the shame & grief. 

Am gonna post some recaps from this Twitter handle

Spoiler

Nak Won really looks gorgeous in red 

Spoiler

He got stabbed while chasing the thief 

Spoiler

Hmmm shouldn’t he being cop call for the ambulance? Lol!

Spoiler

He ended up in the same hospital as Nak won

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why must every meeting of theirs be so dramatic & always in the public eye ? Sigh. Give them a break writer-nim

No preview

The reunion at the hospital.

She acknowledged him as her fan infront of the reporters

8FXwJG1.jpg

IZYnWG9.jpg

The ending.

She gave him a box. In it is the hammer...*dum~~*

0gmiWXO.jpg

Slight diversion here since MBC is slow in uploading their vids . ....Oh this is interesting, SJ wants to be an actress too, and I think was auditioning at the same agency as NW. she saw NW fr afar 

NM watches her movie where she plays a dumb & deaf person. Her career takes off & she appears on tv interviews etc. Scarily NM bro is also watching her on TV. 

——————

continuing fr my previous post, why is that stupid reporter everywhere? Can’t stand her. She’s trying to sell sensationalism at someone else’s grief & pain

MBC video of NM & NW coming face to face in the hospital 

Spoiler

Poor Na moo . Glad he has mum to comfort him

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

OTP finds solace & comfort in their family members but still thinking of each other 

Man , how much more melo can we take . Pls writer nim, give him some happy moments 

Spoiler

Oh finally he’s smiling

Oh this guy is the one who is targeting uri soda gal:wacko:

xGS3fIO.jpg

Poke  @Lmangla  @zagigirl (ops zagigirl, r u still watching this drama?)

Psychopath 'hottie':blink:

He is smiling at the nun.. *sweat* (for the nun...:wacko:)

NQ04qxs.jpg

Archived