[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Ugh. I’m so hoping that there isn’t any faux-cest in this drama.

It's just my hunch. We had a chat here about it . @Lmangla does not think so.

I just watched eps11. I know the the bro is now doing some research on HM. I'm guessing it's part of his job. But his interest in HM goes back to when they were teenagers when he confronted HM who beat up a high schooler . What's Moo Won's real intention? That's what I am interested to find out.

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Like CDJ said, evil is a choice and his thinking underlines the contrast between him and his father YHJ therefore I sense that HM will be confronted by this choice, just like NW's brother. 

Yes, I agree with this. I did mention earlier that the main message of this drama is that ultimately it's not our biology that determines our destiny. I do believe that people are given free will for a reason. I guess when people say they are born that way or that they have no choice, they are just choosing what is seemingly a less painful and less burdensome route.

As usual I get distracted. I still need to watch eps 12. But I was so surprised that the step mum writes to MW while he was in jail. It's amazing how much love she has for these boys who are not even her own. I really love her for that.

@supergal99 I like JKY in a suit as well. He's got that wonderful height  and built.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, triplem said:
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Ugh. I’m so hoping that there isn’t any faux-cest in this drama.

It's just my hunch. We had a chat here about it . @Lmangla does not think so.

Ops.. hahaa.. we are back to this headphones stepbro's affection for soda gal:grimace:

*whisper* triplem, some bros are quite 'protective' - remember Chewbecca's brother???

Hahaaa... oh over here, i feel that the stepbro is reacting very strongly against uri hottie is also because this soda gal is the only 'family' left for him to hold on to.. *sob*

Yes... chingus...pardon me...Erhm.. i do agree with @Lmangla's POV:

On pg 17 ( sorray cant quote so i screen shot hahahaa)

Spoiler

umoZIqo.jpg

Spoiler

VSQEkio.jpg

Juz to share (again) -> Chingu @itgirl has done the  translations on the characters since page 12.

And this one is on the stepbrother:

--------------------------

Translation of  character descriptions from the official MBC website. (Part 2)

Gil Moowon

Nakwon’s stepbrother / 30 years old / Prosecutor

He is cold and charismatic while doing his job but he adores his younger sister so much that his investigator would call him “fool for his sister”.  But in reality, he was adopted by Gil Sungshik, a civil rights attorney, and got a new last name. Thus, he’s not related to Nakwon by blood. After losing his parents when he was 12 years old, the pain and its reverberations that seemed like it will never go away was subdued with warmth of Nakwon and his step parents.

Just for being able to hide the box deep in his heart, Moowon pledged to pay back his affection to them for the rest of his life. So after losing both step parents in such a tragic manner, Moowon worried more about how it had hurt Nakwon than how it had hurt himself. Even though relatives gave him dirty looks accusing him of having his eye on the inheritance, he stayed as a stepbrother because of Nakwon.

--------

Ig update by MBC:

This scene is simply Wow!:

Happy weekend!:glasses:

Alright @supergal99 I’ll give the bro benefit of the doubt. Are there love triangles in this drama ? Like the girl cop ? 

Heee... we will hv to wait n see writernim's preference then:grimace:

Erhmm.. dat judo gal.. she is like a secret admirer so far... no action yet hahaaa... :tongue:**she better see no touch ** 

(yes.. again chingus might wan to refer to chingu itgirl's translation on this character -> her feelings will grow for him)

@supergal99 I like JKY in a suit as well. He's got that wonderful height  and built.

Uh oh.. now u give me this problem -> uniform vs suit:glasses:

*dum~~* 

:confounded:Why do i feel that he looks kinda fierce in suit?? Plus the narration part :

"Wickedness isnt developed...

Wickedness is...."

7PW1Zbj.jpg

Is the writernim hinting at something?? 

*dum dum dum*

Ok chill back to the cool cop catwalk scene::glasses:

EdL3RuG.jpg

5 hours ago, moonlover399993 said:

Out of curiosity, chingus from what parts of the world are you from? I'm from California, were it is mostly sunny and doesn't quite rain that much. 

From Malaysia. It rains alot. :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Eps 12 was another episode where my tears flowed freely.  Especially at the part where Na Moo asked mum for a hug. In some ways , I am just grateful that both NM and NW grew up with some people who showed them love and kindness. Besides Moo Won oppa's unconditional love , she also has a pretty good manager. Also like the interesting "friendship" with her sometimes rival sunbae (forgot the name) . She ain't so bad. Na Moo has mum and SJ. And I realise his colleagues are nice folks as well. 

This scene made me feel all wistful...

giphy.gif

And finally...

giphy.gif

@triplem Malaysia! I just searched it and such beautiful pictures came up! :D It's nice that people from around the world can talk to each other by simply watching a drama such as this! Soompi, Tumblr, and Twitter are the only places that I can talk to about these dramas, cuz people around me don't watch Korean dramas. I sometimes get odd looks when I say I'm interested into Kdrama or Kpop. But I don't care cuz what is life without our handsome and caring oppas like Dojin/NM! :lol:

@triplem NM/DJ has managed to find people who could see his true personality despite being related to a serial murderer:

- the detective he met at the crime scene and recognized him later at the interview

- the detective who brought him to the police station and begged him to keep his face covered. Now, he is his superior and it was nice to see how he touched DJ's hand in the car.

- the other detectives who were at the same police academy

@supergal99

Thanks for posting the character description of Moo Won. I have the impression that he is clinging onto NW/HJY because he doesn't want to lose her. Even before the murder happened, he didn't like NM. He saw that his adoptive mother had given NM his shirt hence he could have perceived it as if his mother could replace him. The more NW needs him, the better it is for him. He sees NM as a thread, since NW could start relying on NM. Notice NW's words to her brother in the last episode, she clearly told him that she would handle it herself. She rejected his meddling hence this will affect MW. Maybe he could use HM against NM, like for example look even the son HM is a criminal like his father... so NM/DJ can not be so different.

Oh @bebebisous33 my pleasure.

If u want to read about other characters' description visit pg 13 and 15. Tks to @itgirl:)'s translations.

Oh but we dont have one on the latest nasty character - dat lady reporter... hahaaahaa:grimace:

Some pics from Hug News:

cP2dTnP.jpg

MBC Ig clip update:

This one is a compilation of pics - teens OTP

Yess.. Happy weekend!!:lol:

kekkee.. @stargazer187 @supergal99 ~ thanks chingus for tagging me as it made me think of perhaps watching; honestly, all the posts here making me think that this week eps will be full of tears and was thinking of dropping it as it seemed too stressful but this is MBC! yay! not those stupid cables which means everything is all brightly lit and at the end of the day, not so dark that you think to yourself "what is wrong with this horrible world? :crazy:"... hahahhaha...

so halfway through watching.. @stroppyse like @triplem said, am basically flying solo with the impression that there is no fauxcest between headphones and soda girl. (stepbrother and actress). like supergal99 posted pics of my post (by the way, there is a button on top right hand of each post which allows you to link post superga99), my impression is that we have been spoiled by way too many kdrama fauxcest dramas that any affection between brother and sister (not related) gives fauxcest vibes! hahahahha... :lol: 

like my previous posts, would re-iterate that headphones and soda girl are victims of a tragedy and families that go through crisis together have a bond that is stronger than most families. my cousin sister did her grad thesis on sibling bond in alcoholic families. now, these are just your regular variety alcoholic families (so not cases of domestic abuse etc) but what she found was that some siblings sets were super strong while others purposely drifted away mainly because they had different coping mechanisms to the chaos in the house. now the super strong sibling bond group didn't mean they chatted or hung out a lot necessarily (which is how we define sibling bond in normal settings) but it was just that they understood each other more instinctively and also were there for each other when it counted. they were quite protective of each other even if they had different interests and basically looked after each other. whereas, the drifting siblings clung to other friends or just other interests because being close to each other brought a sense of their tragedy/chaos more. we see these same patterns here in this drama.

so uniform and so jin are close but uniform and hyun woo are not. instead hyun woo almost like a child, very naively blames uniform for disrupting their lives by falling in love with soda girl instead of accepting that the bad person is the dad. again, this happens in low key chaos situations like alcoholic families as well where a child may blame some other person/circumstance rather than accept that their parent is alcoholic. now, back to headphones and soda girl -- these two are close in that they protect each other and very supportive. does protectiveness and supportive have to be fauxcest? not in such a family hurt by such tragedy. ironically, just like hyun woo, headphones also sees the doomed romance as a reason for their family being destroyed. now the actress and her husband were in a way not his usual victim type. so the reasoning may be that they came into his orbit because of their association with his son...

@stargazer187 - you asked why the actress was seen as victim but not the husband; think it may be because they are not aware of his tendency to also kill couples. so they might have assumed that his primary target was the actress but the husband ended up getting killed because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

21 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekkee.. @stargazer187 @supergal99 ~ thanks chingus for tagging me as it made me think of perhaps watching; honestly, all the posts here making me think that this week eps will be full of tears and was thinking of dropping it as it seemed too stressful but this is MBC! yay! not those stupid cables which means everything is all brightly lit and at the end of the day, not so dark that you think to yourself "what is wrong with this horrible world? :crazy:"... hahahhaha...

Aw man @stargazer187 @triplem this @Lmangla wanna abandon us here... tsk...supermelo... hahaaa

Ok tks lmangla for being honest with us. U come back now!!! Then later half of the drama .... our turn to abandon u when u get hooked to the ending...hahaahaaaa:glasses:

Ok ok juz kidding... is it really so sad ?? Oh dear i m still laughing at some scenes *cough* plus those supercute BTS... uh oh... 

Need to insert this uniform pics to cool down...hahahaaa

wB6U9ic.jpg

See uri hottie gonna poke @lmangla back here

edit.: @Lmangla oh ya dat link part hahaaa... i m so used to screenshot hahaaaa... tks!

10 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Aw man @stargazer187 @triplem this @Lmangla wanna abandon us here... tsk...supermelo... hahaaa

Ok tks lmangla for being honest with us. U come back now!!! Then later half of the drama .... our turn to abandon u when u get hooked to the ending...hahaahaaaa:glasses:

Ok ok juz kidding... is it really so sad ?? Oh dear i m still laughing at some scenes *cough* plus those supercute BTS... uh oh... 

kekeke... okay, the eggs being thrown were rather sad but I was feeling bad even for the victim who was angry and not just for uniform.. but this week was okay for usual melo. tell me the funny bits so I can laugh with you. hahahah.... 

25 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Oh.. great to have you back @Lmangla you think of dropping it??? Oh noooo... don't!!! You have to hang in there. Hahaha... you have to see our hottie uniform finally smiles... it's not that depressing... trust me! 

actually, it is not just uniform but there are lots of cuties here in this drama! hahaha.. so there's island police friend -- how cute was his smile when he gave his cabbage juice to judo girl? and even headphones was looking rather cute when he was all pensive -- the guy  ( @triplem is going to laugh on this one) looks great with watches! hahahah.. his sleeves are all rolled up and he is all studying -- waaah! just remove all that angst and what a cutie! hahaha.... am bad but even as uniform was lying all hurt from his stomach stab in the hospital, couldn't help notice how great he looked. hahahaha.. am glad that I am not a nurse! would be a bad one. :lol:

:blush: ya.. @Lmangla juz focus on hottie n his cutie friend at this moment hahaaa... oh n yr fav jeans model psycho appa....tsk..his next target could be the nun...*dum~~* heeee (ah.. juz kidding:tongue:)

qTDKnTf.jpg

Sorray i repost this cheeky gif...hahaaa

5 hours ago, triplem said:

But I was so surprised that the step mum writes to MW while he was in jail. It's amazing how much love she has for these boys who are not even her own. I really love her for that.

yea it was really sweet and shows that she loves hyun woo too. even though he never wrote back, he apparently kept her letters enough to know where her restaurant was and stopped by from a distance to see her. why not walk up to her? part of his problem is his tendency to run away -- unlike uniform, he doesn't want to see the problems in his house for what they are. instead, he wants to pretend that they were almost normal family who got ripped apart..

16 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

see that they make the brother as if he is also the serial killer. But the moment when he still has care for his mom doubts me he is. I mean, I still hope he can be different from his dad. 

yea he feels different to me too; so was a bit confused - how did brother get nickname "shrimp"? you know that ending scene where we see a hammer and he in his towel -- all I could think was this is no shrimp, look at his muscles! hahahaha.... for a side character, he has too much muscles no? like wouldn't that be competition for our super lean hottie? isn't that like against laws of dramaland where main lead has more muscles than others? :lol:

16 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

As that witch reporter, yes, I hate her so much!!! She always come in ruining the situation. And her psychotic obsession over YHJ and people around him make me wonder, how if then there's a twist that she is the serial killer they've been looking for. Kekeke.. ok.. doesn't make sense ya.. 

wouldn't be surprised one bit if that was the case.  like @bebebisous33 said, she is a psychopath herself who gets off on hurting others through words. did you see the smile when the victim's family was beating uniform and throwing eggs -- all of them were in pain and were crying from the heart. what was she doing? she was photographing with a smile. how creepy was that? a smile in such pain. and from her chat with psycho appa was so weird - it felt like a cat and mouse game where they are almost playing kendo with each other.

he asked her if she believes him and her answer was it doesn't matter as she isn't judge. so real answer is that she thinks the book is utter ***** and he is full of it and can't be trusted. and she adds that some people shouldn't be born ; so translation? she thinks he is evil and is one of those people the world doesn't need. she despises him but then why is she covering him so obsessively? makes me wonder if she was also talking about herself as someone who shouldn't be born. why? was she a baby from rape perhaps? or was she a victim in some other way?  she says that she is giving voice to those who don't and purposely stands on the opposite side of public perception... but why does she choose to do that? it isn't a job for her but something else altogether... really creepy! maybe psycho appa will kill her in the end?

@supergal99 ~ kekeke... it is a dark drama and so we need all the entertainment we can get. hahahahha.. so all hotties we will see and appreciate equally :tongue:

16 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

:blush: ya.. @Lmangla juz focus on hottie n his cutie friend at this moment hahaaa

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea he feels different to me too; so was a bit confused - how did brother get nickname "shrimp"? you know that ending scene where we see a hammer and he in his towel -- all I could think was this is no shrimp, look at his muscles! hahahaha.... for a side character, he has too much muscles no? like wouldn't that be competition for our super lean hottie? isn't that like against laws of dramaland where main lead has more muscles than others? :lol:

Ah.. see Lmangla -> u missed our 'jokes' if u don come back here...heee

(*cough* yes...hee... i m linking my post now)

Psst... so u did finished the latest episodes ?? Hahaaa.. now u are pouring everything out... hahaaa ops!!

21 hours ago, supergal99 said:
21 hours ago, triplem said:

@supergal99 Lol! I’m not sure if I want fan service from the bro though..

i have yet to watch the last night’s. Am still at work. 

Oh ok.. take yr time... hahaa:tongue:  clear yr kdrama buffet. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ops !! spoilers for u..:glasses:

LOL.. now I get the joke @supergal99 but @triplem, I agree with supergal99, when there's no fish, shrimp is good too. hahaha.. this drama will have us all wrung out and so we might as well enjoy all the fan service and good looks. hahahha.. by the way, if we are getting fan service, does it mean shrimp is good guy? can anyone of think of dramas where bad guys also gave fan service?

and yea supergal99 -- all caught up and so commenting here and there. :D and just saw that you also think there's no fauxcest. yay! am not alone!!! hahahahha... crazy-monkey-emoticon-008.gif?1292792379

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Nak won is someone who will do what she thinks of doing. Like how she plans to intentionally trip on her red carpet. As how she told him that she isn't the 16 year old girl anymore, she will deal her problems by herself. So, if MW start intervening her matters with NM later. I hope she won't just walk away like whenever her brother asked her to leave NM.

As her promise to him, if NM is in hard time and can't handle it, he can come to her. She will love him forever.  

@stargazer187 ~ there is a slightly different dynamic at play rather than usual "treat me like an adult" whine. she has PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and is still on medication and continues to have panic episodes now and then when she is under stress where she passes out. her "I am not 16 year old anymore" is a specific reference to how she was after her parents died. she said in an interview that she never finished high school. it sounded like her PTSD interfered with her ability to go back to school and so headphones for all purposes was her parent as well as caregiver. he made sure she ate which is why she relishes the food he made for her. and her hugging him was almost like a scared child hugging a parent.... so if he thinks that she will fall ill or hurt herself due to depression, then isn't it reasonable for any family member to say "this relationship is not good for you?" cute-rabbit-emoticon-08.gif?1301940529

EDIT:

just adding general info for those not sure what is PTSD.

PTSD is a disorder that develops in some people who have experienced a shocking, scary, or dangerous event.... Nearly everyone will experience a range of reactions after trauma, yet most people recover from initial symptoms naturally. Those who continue to experience problems may be diagnosed with PTSD. People who have PTSD may feel stressed or frightened even when they are not in danger. ...

People with PTSD may also have other problems. These include:

• Feelings of hopelessness, shame, or despair
  • Depression or anxiety
  • Drinking or drug problems
  • Physical symptoms or chronic pain
  • Employment problems
  • Relationship problems, including divorce

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

and yea supergal99 -- all caught up and so commenting here and there. :D and just saw that you also think there's no fauxcest. yay! am not alone!!! hahahahha..

Ah..ah.. see Lmangla u didnt pay attention to my posts ...tsk...  hahaaa.. :tongue: (u take me seriously or not?? Hahahaaa)

Ok chill... I think shrimp is not that bad actually juz that he needs attention badly hahaahaha.. (datz why i am asking @stargazer187 to keep her 1st option heeee...ops!!)

3V0nj29.jpg

Spoiler

(Maybe someone can help translate this IG clip?? Heeeee... looks fun these 2 "bros".

As for headphones/Soda gal's stepbro... yap.. i agree with what @bebebisous33 said about him.

Also he gives me the impression that he is always kinda feeling 'insecure'. :grimace:

Edit. Omo Lmangla u r really 'vomiting' out everything u digested from the drama..heeee

This is the only drama that managed to capture my full attention now. The storyline is definitely the best and the casts are superb in portraying their characters including the actors who played the psychopath killer, YHJ, NM's mom, brother, sister, reporter and the other supporting casts. 

I love the young couple chemistry esp NDR, a bright future ahead for him. JKJ & JKY are the ultimate OTP  with an amazing visual of NW, all dressed up, with dimples smiling beautifully and NM/ DJ , a dashing looking character in uniform. 

Seeing all the hugs are so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. I'm glad to see NM's stepmom & step sister loved and cares for him.

My favorite scene - Nm/ DJ discovered & watching NW on the next bed in the hospital.

Archived