Cto

Ok ....Ok chill.. go zzz @stargazer187 coz me too -- need beauty zzzz:grimace:

Oh @triplem cant zzz coz too many dramas n oppas to catch... haaahaaa 

Aww.. look at that smile :wub:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images ( twitter, IG , pic ). Remove before posting . TQ
  • Like 2

Part 2

I’ll be mad too that a serial murderer can be making money for the crimes he committed. People’s deaths are being sensationalised - no wonder Na moo is so pissed off

JKY is completely slaying the emotional scenes tonight 

Me : Na Moo, you are nothing like your father. Your genes do not determine who you’ll become 

Spoiler

It’s the loneliness in his eyes that pierces your soul. How his heart longs & aches for the Nak Won that he knows

Spoiler

Spoiler

Preview cut 

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@triplem have youu watched yesterday episode.. why I didn't see your comments of it yet. Hahaha. Or you'll binge watching it at once? 

Hahaha.. oh my gosh... you really want me to stay up late huh? 

Yes I have to  watch two episodes at a go. Also I hv too many dramas like @supergal99 says & I was working late tonight 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

there are also lots of true crime documentaries and depending on the PD, it can have very different feels. there is a local show that focuses on true crimes of all sorts (every episode has a recreation of a case) but the intent is to inform us of our country's laws and also make us aware of the kind of scams and crimes that happen so we don't fall prey to such people. at end of each episode, the host will mention what is the legal process and how we citizens can respond if something happened

I think we had this kinda similar program on our national tv channel. It called "Bang Napi" in Bahasa, in English "Mr. Prisoner." The theme of the program is quite similar to what you mentioned. In every show this Mr. Prisoner (the host) will tell us his famous lines of awareness. "Crimes happen because of there is a chance for it to be done, so please stay alert!"

I agree on you guys that this drama gives you de javu to other past melo-dramas and even affiliated it to some crimes movies/book too. Maybe be the writer gets some of inspirstions from there too :wink:

So back to our first topic, how can the psychopath killer release his book? And why there's a publisher who agreed on releasing his book? 

I haven't got any subs for the preview but it seems like HW is very furious because NM keep turning his back on them and thinks he treated them as enemies. I guess the publisher purpose is not just for the money, then they can be both like this, they agrees to publish it and they also can make it as one of the literal documentary for people out there to be more aware and careful. Like having a prevention. 

P.S. 

@supergal99 is that for photo graduation?? Those are his step-mom and teen SJ. Okay.. I guess I forget to ask this and seems like I am not sure either even I have rewatched it. Is SJ isn't his half-brother? I mean.. during the run away scene, mom said that it's okay for NM since he is his father blood. But it's that way with SJ.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

So back to our first topic, how can the psychopath killer release his book? And why there's a publisher who agreed on releasing his book

There’s nothing against the law for a publisher to print such books. In fact the publisher knows that it is easy to sell sensationalism . Ethics are put aside because a quick buck can be made 

• Like 1

Preview ep 9,10

Guard: You have a visitor today as well. That person who comes frequently.
Woman: Your father wants to see Student Do Jin very much. Don’t you want to go visit him with me this weekend?
DJ: How can you just recklessly publish this book like this?
Man: Who are you?
DJ: I’m this person’s son.
DJ: Everything in my father’s autobiography is a lie. There is not one character of truth written in it.
HM: Why do you care about that bastard? He’s just a jerk who went crazy over some girl and totally ruined our family.
Woman: It seemed as if the two people, for awhile at least, had some affectionate secret.
Man: A bastard like you graduating from the Academy?! A policeman?!
Woman: Knowing his father is a monster, and yet still holding his hand, that is what you did wrong.

Not really watching this drama yet, though I caught the first couple of episodes. I can already tell that this drama is going to rip hearts into pieces. Also, I can't help but think of horrible ways for this drama to end. DJ will never escape that he's the son of a murderer. It's a question of whether he can somehow survive all that and still maintain his purpose and his calling. As for whether JY will be able to stay by his side, so that at least DJ someone on his side.

On the other hand, it seems that DJ is such that he attracts people who love him, whether it's his stepmother and his stepsister or JY or even some of his fellow students at the Police Academy. So, maybe DJ has a fighting chance of a somewhat happy ending after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@stroppyse I love you!! :D Have you returned from your trip/work? 

Watch this with us, yes, yes? Kekekeke

Ahhh... feeling sad for both NM and NW after knowing what they said in there. 

Seriously, HM comments on how DJ went crazy over a girl and ruined their family, sounds like as if their family is a normal one. Lol

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@stroppyse I love you!! :D Have you returned from your trip/work? 

Watch this with us, will you? Kekekeke

Nope. Just about to leave and then gone for 2 weeks.  I did a preview translation for you though. :)

I don't know if I can watch this even when I return. It has tears and heartbreak written all over it, though hopefully, it'll have a happy ending after all.

But when I can, I'll do preview translations for the thread, and possibly some scene translations as well. Jang Ki Yong may be a newbie, and a bit stiff in Comeback Lovers, but his eyes are killing it here, plus his soft voice delivery. Though, I still love Nam Da Reum more. :)

Skimming through the thread, I meant to mention that I thought the title, literally translating to "come here, hug me" was meant from various people close to NM/DJ to him. It's delivered in familiar/informal form so it implies that whoever is saying it thinks that he/she is close or older to NM. My thoughts after watching the first couple of episodes was to think that the implication is that NM couldn't allow himself to reach out to people or even to acknowledge liking people because of his father, so that those around him have to reach out to him to let him know that they accept and want him. Those would include his stepmother, his stepsister, NW/JY, and anyone else who may want to become closer to him.  If over the course of the drama, he actually gains enough confidence to be able to himself ask for that embrace from someone, then that would indicate him seeing himself as worthy of asking and receiving affection from people. So, basically, even the title of this drama can put me nearly in tears.

Edited by stroppyse
added a comment
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Not really watching this drama yet, though I caught the first couple of episodes. I can already tell that this drama is going to rip hearts into pieces. Also, I can't help but think of horrible ways for this drama to end. DJ will never escape that he's the son of a murderer. It's a question of whether he can somehow survive all that and still maintain his purpose and his calling. As for whether JY will be able to stay by his side, so that at least DJ someone on his side.

On the other hand, it seems that DJ is such that he attracts people who love him, whether it's his stepmother and his stepsister or JY or even some of his fellow students at the Police Academy. So, maybe DJ has a fighting chance of a somewhat happy ending after all

Thanks loads for the translation.

It’s going to be a drama that will take you on an emotional roller coaster. Their shared tragic past has already left  indelible scars on both their hearts. Will she see his Father each time she looks at him ? Will he feel the weight / burden of being his father’s Son? He has done well for himself thus far , but you can see the struggles he has to keep afloat. 

But I’m hoping that the writer sends the right message at the end of the day . Your  biology does not determine your destiny. Our genetic make up cannot be blamed for everything 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

@stroppyse but we r here cheering each other so we can still get some laughs. :D I don't know why I love this drama that I'm pretty sure it'll break my heart later. Happy ending is a must. Enough for tragic ending. 

Ah.. I see. Stay well and go back safely later. 

Pstt... I feel like I'm burdening you if I ask translations from time to time. But very glad and thankful you did it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Pstt... I feel like I'm burdening you if I ask translations from time to time. But very glad and thankful you did it. 

No worries. If I don't respond, it's because I might not have time to do it. However, if I have time, I'll try to get them done. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1525998455_maxresdefault.jpg5e5f040217394d28ad7bab8680cc94f5.jpeg?x=engsub-ep-7-8-come-and-hug-me-310x165.jp

How many ways can a person say...  Without whispering a word...  I LOVE YOU...

Spoiler

Ld13sxY.jpg&key=185d2d7a907b56b340813277    Time doesn't stand still,  except for the heart...:heart:

Not only does DJ prove that he from the beginning was different from his father he proves it time and time again. And I might add beautifully!!!   Somehow seeing him face every struggle that is set before him.  Even in not knowing all that has happened to him I already admire the way in which he has become a man.

Becoming a police officer when your father is a WELL known criminal and was hunted and captured by them.  What courage that in itself would take when knowing all to well the challenges he would indeed face.  Yet doing it anyways and doing it proudly and to the best of his ability both mind and body and with HONOR.

A young man who is a team player even while knowing most of the team doesn't want him around.  Willing to help those around him like a female cadet who sought his strength yet found generosity.   I don't want a love triangle formed in this drama but I will admit if I was YJ and saw DJ day after day.  It wouldn't  take me long to want to grab onto a corner of that triangle or his heart.

JY sitting on that step in deep thought after seeing DJ up close and personal I wondered to myself how many times had he actually rescued her?    Yet an even greater thought was how would you ever let go of someone who was willing to carry you on their back, grab your hand when you were afraid,  laid their body over yours & in front of cars etc...  Most of all risked everything they had including their own life or in having to do anything in order to protect yours?

Is it even possible?

My last thought when we see the flashback of JY on the floor terrified and looking up at  HJ looking at the Christmas tree and her family pictures already splattered and stained with blood.  That hammer grasped within his hand. Yet we see NM walk into the room no blood upon him then it would seem or  on JY at that time.  And yet we know from the flashback of them under the tree after it was over both of them had blood splattered upon them and their clothes.  I am curious to see what actually happened next...

When DJ and JY meet.

DJ: Turn off the recorder.
DJ: Remove the camera.

flashback voice in JY’s head.
NM: Nak Won. Nak Won, get up.
NM: Run away. Please. Nak Won!

JY: You. You.
(JY faints, so DJ picks her up and princess carries her to the medical facility rooms.)

Female reporter: What is he?
Male reporter: Sunbae, it’s him, isn’t it? He’s the kid, right? Sunbae!

Female reporter: Just a minute. Jae Yi-ssi! Just a minute. I have something to ask her.
Manager: Jae Yi! I’m her manager. I’m Jae Yi’s manager. Move! Jae Yi!

Doctor: She seems to have fainted for no physical cause. We would have to do some exams to be sure, but rather than a problem with her body, it seems to be a problem with her mental state.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

eCgLAFl.jpg&key=3fab2901fbffb0cd37ed9e09

Can someone explain how did our hero randomly appear out of nowhere (on foot i suppose cos I don't see any vehicle that he could have used) and stop the police cars?? :huh: Is he going to have teleportation as his superpower?? Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Ending scene according to @supergal99.

JY: ...all of us, even though we survived that hell.

Phastasm NW: What is this? Until the end, you’re bad, Yoon Na Moo. Do you still like me so much?
(DJ nods.)
Phantasm NW: When you’re going to forever be sorry to me; when you’re so sorry to me that you’re going to be hurting like this every time you see me; when you’re going to be crazy hurting over me by yourself; so, what is it that you want to do?
DJ: What about you? How do you feel? Nak Won, are you still…able to…smile at me like this?

JY: In order to be able to live, since we’re still living.

Yes, this drama is going to rip hearts into shreds before and exhaust tear ducts before it's done, regardless of whether it has a happy ending or not. I feel as if I need to reserve this drama for when I want a really good cry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Translation of character descriptions from the official MBC website. (Part 4)

People around Jae Yi

Pyo Taek: 46 years old / Han Jae Yi’s manager

Instead of saying "I made Han Jae Yi what she is today!" he says "Jay Yi carried me on her back to make me who I am today!". As the head of Han Jae Yi’s management agency, he gives her his full trust and support from beginning to end. Since he was never good at studying, he’s bad at grammar and the contract he draws up is a mess. He uses the wrong terminology in use of proverbs. But his heart towards Jae Yi is clear and sincere, a so called “Jae Yi’s Mom” and a overzealous manager.  

Chun Se Kyung: 33 years old / Top actress in Korea

She is a star who has both the looks and the acting ability. Even though people thinks she’s innocent and gentle, but people around her knows that her smile is actually her mocking you. Even though she looks gentle, she is prickly as a cactus.  But if you remove that layer, there is a warmth hiding that even people around her may not be aware of.  She doesn’t forget the kindness and consideration Actress Ji Hye Won showed her when Se Kyung was a rookie actress ten years ago. So she returns the kind gestures to Jae Yi, Ji Hye Won’s daughter. From then, she becomes like a real sister to Jae Yi, giving her haughty advice yet sincerely embracing her whenever Jae Yi faces troubles and isolation in the harsh entertainment world. 

Gil Sung Shik

Father of Nakwon and Moowon, Human rights lawyer

Ji Hye Won

Mother of Nakwon and Moowon, Top actress

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have not started to watch this drama yet, but was curious so took a look here :) seems like a somber drama, but hopefully a nice message about family and how your parents those not define the person you become. I see something of a love triangle to? seems like there is allot of other issue for the OTP, so maybe it gonna be like the love triangle in "Just between lovers" where it was light  consider the main lead in that drama had many thing to overcome, and moon so never liked Joo woo back. derby it was a minor thing in that drama, so i guess that gonna happen here to? anyway gonna watch it when i am in mood for a melodrama :)  

• Like 2