[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦

sugarplum892

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ok I agree that it's in his personality to be passive and let the truth come out on it's own. But I think in matters of love, one has to be proactive, so that you don't lose your loved ones to others. See this is the difference between YC and him, ok I know I should stop comparing. Lol. And you know how I work, I just don't have that patience to wait a million years for them to get together. Just confess and get together already you two! Goddammit!!!!!

I'd argue he was being plenty proactive in ep 18 when he finally asked her point blank - why did you break up with me?  It's she who's refusing to answer the question.  Without answers, he can't move on.  Think of it from his perspective -- why is he going to throw himself at her if he still doesn't know why he was cut the first time?  

Now again, he shouldn't still be throwing Yi Xin around, but.... :wink:  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I don't know that it's because he doesn't take it seriously.  Rather, something I've noticed about Nan Xian is that he seem to go out of his way to pursue or establish the truth, and instead prefers to let things come out on their own.  As he's explained to Wen Nuan, so long as one's conscience is free, the truth will eventually be free.

We've seen him handle company matters this way (such as every time Wen Nuan was maligned).  We've also seen him handle Yi Xin that way (such as when he didn't confront her about the true nature of her relationship with Du Xin Tong).  And i think he's probably handling Wen Nuan the same way right now.

From his perspective, he probably thinks she should know where his heart in fact lies.  After all, he wasn't the one who broke off their relationship, she was.  He's the one who's been sitting around, waiting for the past seven years.  & etc.

In writing this, I don't meant to absolve Nan Xian from any wrongdoing.  It's true he's shown her plenty how he really feels (like his comments after their karaoke duet), but he also shouldn't throw Yi Xin in her face (like when he spends the morning with her and brings her back to his office).  But with all that said, I do kind of understand his perspective.

Plus, in terms of a personality trait, I actually do appreciate that he isn't one to fly off the handle and immediately react, but rather takes the time to process and deal with things in a just and fair manner.

I’m actually thoroughly impressed by his professionalism in handling the prior wrongdoings at his company. He handled them perfectly in every aspect including temperament. However, when it comes to love, a second chance is very rare and if he misses the right timing he can miss his last chance. I think when it comes to love, it’s very important to remedy misunderstandings and this goes for both Wen Nuan and Nan Xian. Why are they even allowing the person they love to think they love someone else? It’s baffling to me. They’re both crazy to be digging themselves in deeper holes.

As to Nan Xian, he shouldn’t allow those rumors to go unchecked. He should think about the possibility that Wen Nuan would believe them and it would put more distance between them. Even though he showed that he was still hurt during the time they sang together, it’s easy for WN to think he’s moved on with another woman even though he could still shed tears over the past. 

36 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ok I agree that it's in his personality to be passive and let the truth come out on it's own. But I think in matters of love, one has to be proactive, so that you don't lose your loved ones to others. See this is the difference between YC and him, ok I know I should stop comparing. Lol. And you know how I work, I just don't have that patience to wait a million years for them to get together. Just confess and get together already you two! Goddammit!!!!!

Both are being passive and they need to stap. 

33 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I'd argue he was being plenty proactive in ep 18 when he finally asked her point blank - why did you break up with me?  It's she who's refusing to answer the question.  Without answers, he can't move on.  Think of it from his perspective -- why is he going to throw himself at her if he still doesn't know why he was cut the first time?  

I agree. I think she needs to clear things up. I wanted to shake her. She needs to stop burying things in her heart. They need to shake up the status quo.

Why can't she just tell him the truth.  She knew her sister liked him too that's why she broke up with him, she chose family over him, understandable. (Is there more to the breakup than her sister involvement?)  Many years have passed, just tell him already so he can move on and not guessing anymore, not on her boat in today's episodes.

I love you chingus...i like reading all opinions and analysis of this drama...as you can see i seem to be really hooked on this one and sharing it with all of you feels so much easier and joyful. Merci . 

7 minutes ago, apdy said:

Why can't she just tell him the truth.  She knew her sister liked him too that's why she broke up with him, she chose family over him, understandable. (Is there more to the breakup than her sister involvement?)  Many years have passed, just tell him already so he can move on and not guessing anymore, not on her boat in today's episodes.

From the trailer it looks like it’s more complicated than just her sister. I think his mother might have been involved too.

3 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

I love you chingus...i like reading all opinions and analysis of this drama...as you can see i seem to be really hooked on this one and sharing it with all of you feels so much easier and joyful. Merci . 

I’m hooked too and looking forward to the raw for episodes 19 and 20. 

55 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I actually thought he was proactive in 5th ep when he kissed her in the ferris wheel. But something happened after that and he asked her to trust him and blah blah blah....I mean yeah trust is important but why don't you just tell her the truth!!!!  I honestly empathize with her more, because she clearly is suffering from a trauma and is trying hard to overcome it. It takes a lot for her to come back here, so I just hope, no, desperately wants him to see that. If she hadn't had thoughts about reconciling with him, why would she come and join his company out of all the other companies?? And she chose to stay even after all the bullying she underwent. Why can't he see all that????? Sighhhh. I want to believe that he does sees it, from his convos with the little turtle pet, you can tell that he wants her to come to him on her own and since this is a drama that will eventually happen, but in real life it wont be too long before she gives up on him and flies back to London. Sighhhh

18 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Just a tid bit of interest ..yesterday on viki there were 2794 followers and this morning 3249 ...so 455 chingus joined our journey to the heart lol :heart:

It must have happened after they finally put the drama on the main page feature.  Just wish people would stop giving it 1 star for late subs in their language. That’s why I try not to pay attention to drama ratings unless really bad.

15 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I actually thought he was proactive in 5th ep when he kissed her in the ferris wheel. But something happened after that and he asked her to trust him and blah blah blah....I mean yeah trust is important but why don't you just tell her the truth!!!!  I honestly empathize with her more, because she clearly is suffering from a trauma and is trying hard to overcome it. It takes a lot for her to come back here, so I just hope and desperately wants him to see that. If she hadn't had thoughts about reconciling with him, why would she come and join his company out of all the other companies?? And she chose to stay even after all the bullying she underwent. Why can't he see all that????? Sighhhh. I want to believe that he does sees it, from his convos with the little turtle pet, you can tell that he wants her to come to him on her own and since this is a C drama that will eventually happen, but in real life it wont be too long before she gives up on him and flies back to London. Sighhhh

Hmmm. She created mixed signals as soon as she told the HR director and Nan Xian that her boyfriend was Zhu Lin Lu, general manager of Dai Zhong. She’s undoubtedly at fault just like Nan Xian is at fault for creating more misunderstandings about Yi Xin. Again, they’re both foolish. 

Also, even though she went through a terrible time, at this point in the story I have to sympathize more with Nan Xian because he absolutely have no clue of why they broke up. He loved her deeply, pampered her, protected her, etc and then she just left him without a proper explanation that would help him move on. He also said he knew about Yi Xin’s designs and was careful not to allow any trouble to spring up there that would harm his relationship with WN. Isn’t that a man worth loving? When he confessed that about their past, it showed me even more his sincerity towards WN. 

I know when I do find out the reason why WN left I will sympathize with her too because Nan Xian has probably been blaming her for betraying their love 7 years ago when actually she was just in as much pain. However, I think I will still sympathize with both sides.

@celebrianna Yeahhhhhhhhhh both are kinda foolish. I also completely agree that Nan Xian is worth loving and deserves an explanation for why she left him On normal days I would sympathize with him, but idk maybe it's Janine's acting or whatever, but i believe she had a valid reason to disappear like that. If the show proves me wrong and gives some measly reason for their breakup, then I might flip some tables. LOL. As for Nan Xian, trust me, I love him dearly. It must've been hard for him all these years talking only to a little turtle. I can only imagine how excited he must have been when he heard the news of her coming back and working at his own office. I bet he had a dance party on his own like a crazy lunatic in the 66th floor. Lol. But as someone who loved her more than his life, did he try to find the answers for why she left suddenly like that?? he should've chased her all the way down to London to confront her. But I do feel that when he said he had been to England so many times, he might have checked upon her and kept track of what she 's been doing all these years. That is there. Lol. Anyways I do agree that both are at fault, and I need answers more than Nan Xian for why she left. LOL. 

31 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Hmmm. She created mixed signals as soon as she told the HR director and Nan Xian that her boyfriend was Zhu Lin Lu, general manager of Dai Zhong. She’s undoubtedly at fault just like Nan Xian is at fault for creating more misunderstandings about Yi Xin. Again, they’re both foolish. 

Also, even though she went through a terrible time, at this point in the story I have to sympathize more with Nan Xian because he absolutely have no clue of why they broke up. He loved her deeply, pampered her, protected her, etc and then she just left him without a proper explanation that would help him move on. He also said he knew about Yi Xin’s designs and was careful not to allow any trouble to spring up there that would harm his relationship with WN. Isn’t that a man worth loving? When he confessed that about their past, it showed me even more his sincerity towards WN. 

I know when I do find out the reason why WN left I will sympathize with her too because Nan Xian has probably been blaming her for betraying their love 7 years ago when actually she was just in as much pain. However, I think I will still sympathize with both sides.

I totally agree; this is how I feel, as well.  I do think though that they are both sucking in the sending mixed signals arena.  It's just frustrating because at times, things will get cleared up, but then they'll let their insecurities get in the way again.  For example, after Wen Rou made her drunken reveals that Wen Nuan and Zhu Lin Lu really didn't have that sort of relationship, I thought Nan Xian would feel better.  But now he's backtracking and thinking there is something going on all because Du Xin Tong's boyfriend got a job at Dai Zhong.  Sigggggghhhh...

But to @kokodus's point about Wen Nuan clearly having suffered a past trauma and a valid reason for breaking up with him.  I would just point out that he doesn't know that.  We know that because we're the outside viewer seeing things from both their sides.  But Nan Xian doesn't have that benefit.  All he knows right now is that she left him.  

As for your comment that he should've checked on her while he was in England, actually, do we know that he didn't???  As we've discussed, he's a very patient observer personality.  i would not be surprised if he has known what she's been up to all this time but just waited for her to come back one day, trusting that if it was meant to be, she would.  But really, the drama hasn't said either way whether he did or did not.  

P.S.  Haha.  it's not just Viki's fan numbers that has risen rapidly, our page count on Soompi has too.  Hee.  Love the discussions!  But I should probably get some work done this morning, given that I'm at work.... shhhhh!  :tongue: 

Okay hello guys!! I am following this topic since it started and compelled to register in Soompi so I can talk about this drama!! Please be an angel and let me know what song was playing in the starting of ep 9 when Wen nuan was crying while eating on their breakup anniversary day? 

@kokodus, I believe Wen Nuan has a valid reason. She wouldn’t break her own heart and his heart for a stupid reason, I think. Janing does a nice job portraying her character but I have to also take into consideration the context and story. Even if she was forced to part ways from Nan Xian it does not excuse the fact that she was cruel to him by leaving him without an explanation. Let us put ourselves in his shoes. He deeply loved her and was probably thinking long-term about a future with her and he was sure of her love for him. Then suddenly one day without any explanation everything he believed about them was overthrown. I can imagine his utter confusion. Did she love him? What did he do wrong? He must have turn these questions over and over in his mind these 7 years. He might have been excited when he heard about her return but I think he must have also experienced other emotions too. If someone we loved deeply did this to us I’m sure we would be angry, upset, resentful, sad, etc...not just good feelings.

12 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I totally agree; this is how I feel, as well.  I do think though that they are both sucking in the sending mixed signals arena.  It's just frustrating because at times, things will get cleared up, but then they'll let their insecurities get in the way again.  For example, after Wen Rou made her drunken reveals that Wen Nuan and Zhu Lin Lu really didn't have that sort of relationship, I thought Nan Xian would feel better.  But now he's backtracking and thinking there is something going on all because Du Xin Tong's boyfriend got a job at Dai Zhong.  Sigggggghhhh...

But to @kokodus's point about Wen Nuan clearly having suffered a past trauma and a valid reason for breaking up with him.  I would just point out that he doesn't know that.  We know that because we're the outside viewer seeing things from both their sides.  But Nan Xian doesn't have that benefit.  All he knows right now is that she left him.  

As for your comment that he should've checked on her while he was in England, actually, do we know that he didn't???  As we've discussed, he's a very patient observer personality.  i would not be surprised if he has known what she's been up to all this time but just waited for her to come back one day, trusting that if it was meant to be, she would.  But really, the drama hasn't said either way whether he did or did not.  

P.S.  Haha.  it's not just Viki's fan numbers that has risen rapidly, our page count on Soompi has too.  Hee.  Love the discussions!  But I should probably get some work done this morning, given that I'm at work.... shhhhh!  :tongue: 

Ah, yes, those insecurities. He clearly heard Wen Rou say that Zhu Lin Lu hadn’t won Wen Nuan’s heart but that happiness was short lived. In a way I can see why he would have some insecurities still because of what was revealed in episode 18 from the past. I assume it’s the last meeting he had with Wen Nuan and she was literally leaving him and going towards another guy...in his eyes. If that moment from the past was traumatic, then I think an insecurity would naturally be connected with the existence of that person.

2 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Ah, yes, those insecurities. He clearly heard Wen Rou say that Zhu Lin Lu hadn’t won Wen Nuan’s heart but that happiness was short lived. In a way I can see why he would have some insecurities still because of what was revealed in episode 18 from the past. I assume it’s the last meeting he had with Wen Nuan and she was literally leaving him and going towards another guy...in his eyes. If that moment from the past was traumatic, then I think an insecurity would naturally be connected with the existence of that person.

Agreed.  Ohhhh this is why my heart breaks so much for these two.  

My heart is also breaking for myself!  Just heard from one of my two friends that I was supposed to have dinner with tonight.  Their flight was canceled so now we're most likely rescheduling for tomorrow.  Which is fine, but at the same time, my brain is screaming, "When am I supposed to watch Here 2 Heart?!?!?!"  :lol:

8 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Agreed.  Ohhhh this is why my heart breaks so much for these two.  

My heart is also breaking for myself!  Just heard from one of my two friends that I was supposed to have dinner with tonight.  Their flight was canceled so now we're most likely rescheduling for tomorrow.  Which is fine, but at the same time, my brain is screaming, "When am I supposed to watch Here 2 Heart?!?!?!"  :lol:

Same thing happening to me. My finals are going on and I get more curious about this drama than the exam itself haha

Preview for tomorrow aren't that great either.  Good thing C-dramas airing schedule is everyday - can't wait for the make up kiss, pretty sure I'm not the only one. :D 

Archived