[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Yeah, at the time I wrote my earlier comment I hadn't yet watched Ep 12 or 13.  I'm not sure those eps were even available at that time!  I still think things could be a lot more simplified if Wen Rou and ZLL paired up, but even when I wished it I knew that wouldn't happen.  I haven't yet watched episode 13, but we were introduced to who I think you're talking about at the end of episode 12 and I also got the vibes that they would eventually be paired (unless there's someone else she meets in episode 13 that you're referring to).  I'm not sure how I feel about that so I'll reserve all comments on that at this time!

Episodes 15 and 16 hadn't even been posted when I went to bed last night.  So no, I haven't yet watched them.  :tongue:  But I saw they were available this morning and that episodes 13 and 14 are nearly subbed in full.  I'll definitely watch 13 and 14 tonight, but 15 and 16 will depend on how long my work day goes (if I was a betting person though, I'd say I won't have time for them - boo).

And ha, her style's not just Chanel-like, it is Chanel.  Unless she has quality fakes, one of Wen Nuan's earrings are Chanels.  :tongue: 

Unfortunately I don’t think simplified is in the cards for our couple. The more episodes I see the more obstacles seem to be in their way. Besides themselves, Wen Rou clearly objects, the celeb is clearly in the way, and now parents are coming on the scene to undoubtedly get in the way. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Unfortunately I don’t think simplified is in the cards for our couple. The more episodes I see the more obstacles seem to be in their way. Besides themselves, Wen Rou clearly objects, the celeb is clearly in the way, and now parents are coming on the scene to undoubtedly get in the way. 

I know.  I may "complain" and wish for other things to happen, but the conflicts and obstacles are what makes a drama a drama -- of course I love it all.  :tongue: 

Watchin' this if only for Janine Zhang/Han Zhang they're electric together. Although Han Zhang will always remain "Feng Teng" to me HA The actor has played the character of a CEO several times already...maybe he has the aura LoL? The scenes where he's constantly standing SO CLOSE to Janine's character could pass for sexual harassment but I guess that doesn't matter in dramas:tongue:

Especially where he corners her in the elevator (which is HUGE btw) I was afraid he would push her through the glass:blink: I like the look of Han's office - it's modern, sleek, urban. Futuristic. The steps to his office look inconvenient though...hmm-_- As usual there're other parties out to tear our OTP apart. Janine's "fake bf" is a fun character. I wonder why she addresses him as her 'bf' but yet keeps him at a distance? 

I notice recent C-Dramas go all out in terms of location. This was in UK, Les Interpretes in Switzerland, Mr. Right - Belgium, The Negotiators - NY. And Old Boy - Australia & Stay With Me based in Paris. It's become almost gimmicky? 

Apart from that I'm lovin' Janine's characters' style! Her wardrobe is pretty chic. 

15 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I know.  I may "complain" and wish for other things to happen, but the conflicts and obstacles are what makes a drama a drama -- of course I love it all.  :tongue: 

Oh, I’m with you. I wish for other things too because nothing annoys me more than grown adults allowing others to dictate their personal lives but the trailer revealed quite a bit so I have reconciled myself to the fact that I must endure many annoyances before this show ends. I can only hope it will be worth it in the end. 

Actually, that coworker is one such annoyance but I just knew that the truth would be revealed sooner rather than later so that helped. I like that resolutions of lesser plots come quicker and not dragged out. 

I really like the way the plot slowly reveals the past so it’s like we’re getting both love stories at the same time even though it’s the younger and older versions of themselves. That helps with balancing the things that upsets me like the scheming to frame Wen Nuan. 

I think i am in love with these two ...lol.... He knew where to find her  :blush: ...so even after 7 years her habits and character are known to him.  For me seeing Shanghai in this episode is the draw...i don't care for London or Brussels or or..... i choose to watch Chinese drama so i like the view of Chinese cities and hopefully one day soon i can visit and have a smile on my face knowing that in my own small way I belong to that city due to this drama. Just finished 13/14 subs and eagerly waiting for 15/16.  Wanted to mention i love this schedule , waiting weeks for new episodes would have been a torture. 

9 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

I think i am in love with these two ...lol.... He knew where to find her  :blush: ...so even after 7 years her habits and character are known to him.  For me seeing Shanghai in this episode is the draw...i don't care for London or Brussels or or..... i choose to watch Chinese drama so i like the view of Chinese cities and hopefully one day soon i can visit and have a smile on my face knowing that in my own small way I belong to that city due to this drama. Just finished 13/14 subs and eagerly waiting for 15/16.  Wanted to mention i love this schedule , waiting weeks for new episodes would have been a torture. 

Oh, that’s a good point. I noticed that too that he seemed to have kept tabs on her over the 7 years. It’s kind of hinted in the fact that he keeps saying when is she going to come out of her shell when talking to the little turtles. It vaguely hints that he knows more than we think. I do wonder if all the night calls she’s given him over the years if she ever said she missed him like she did that one time in an earlier episode when clearly the phone was beeping showing the call was disconnected.

@celebrianna I think the charm of a good drama is to keep us itsy bitzy in suspense lol....mystery...and the magic of certain relationships that take our breath . I too am looking forward to have this mystery revealed to us ..so glad there are 20 more or so episodes so i can really drool over our couple....  one mystery solved for me...he is just like he was with her when they are away from the office  ...his queen :kiss_wink:

@jadore1I feel the same. I like the pacing and I think this is the first drama of many I’ve watched where I enjoy the flashbacks just as much as the current storyline. I’m really curious to see more revealed about Nan Xian because I just don’t get his tolerance of Yin Xin. I don’t get why he bothers with her. Only unless she helped him to cope initially since she was supposedly Wen Nuan’s friend.

@celebrianna I just finished watching 15 and 16...waiting for subs to understand what was actually said....but i was floored with the song that they sang ...oh my god they are really good together dancing, at work, singing , even cooking ......the last flashback shows his heartbreak after the break up and it shows the "beady eyed snake actress" helping him after he got drunk ...so i guess he feels he owes her . 

@jadore1Omo, seriously? I haven’t had a chance to see the raws for 15 and 16 yet. I’ll check them out on my commute home from work. Finally we’re getting some background on his “relationship” with Yu Xin because in the flashbacks so far he never took notice of her. Even when he picked her up when she fell off her bike he was like a robot. LOL He just did whatever Wen Nuan instructed him to do. Meanwhile the girl was all swoony while he carried her like a princess. 

I’m really looking forward to those scenes you mentioned for Nan Xian and Wen Nuan. ❤️ Maybe you should spoiler tag them just in case others don’t want to be spoiled though. 

19 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Oh, I’m with you. I wish for other things too because nothing annoys me more than grown adults allowing others to dictate their personal lives but the trailer revealed quite a bit so I have reconciled myself to the fact that I must endure many annoyances before this show ends. I can only hope it will be worth it in the end. 

Actually, that coworker is one such annoyance but I just knew that the truth would be revealed sooner rather than later so that helped. I like that resolutions of lesser plots come quicker and not dragged out. 

I really like the way the plot slowly reveals the past so it’s like we’re getting both love stories at the same time even though it’s the younger and older versions of themselves. That helps with balancing the things that upsets me like the scheming to frame Wen Nuan. 

The coworker is like one of those arcade whack-a-mole games.  You knock her back down and she just comes back with some new form of trickery!  I just want to say to her: Get over it.  There are more things to life than this PA position!  

But I know that as much as I moan and groan about her antics, as well as those of Yi Xin and Pan Wei Ning, they're also those necessary evils that keep things interesting and moving forward for our OTP.  The end game for me is always the ending and, so long as there's a happy ending, I can usually put up with most anything.  You'll just hear me gripe a lot in between.  :wink:  

I admit I spoiled myself a while back as to what happens in the book so I already know the reasons for the break-up, some of which has already been hinted at in the show or alluded to through the scenes shown in the opening/end credits.  It's heavy, but again, focusing on happy ending it's all good.  I skimmed the epilogue over the weekend and gah.  I really, really hope they include it in the drama!  

Like you and @jadore1, I'm quite enjoying the pacing as well as the woven in flashbacks.  I think my favorite one so far has been the break-up scene reveal and the turtle.  We knew he referred to her as Little Turtle and spoke to the turtle as if it was her, but when it was revealed that he tried to gift her with a turtle on the day they broke up, it just made that turtle that much more special.  For seven years, he's kept his refused gift by his side, nurturing it and growing it, and reminding him every day of her.  Anyone who says he's a cold-type of hero has yet to look beyond the surface!

29 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I’m really curious to see more revealed about Nan Xian because I just don’t get his tolerance of Yin Xin. I don’t get why he bothers with her. Only unless she helped him to cope initially since she was supposedly Wen Nuan’s friend.

Me too!  Definitely curious as to all that's going on there.  

I love all the chatter that's been taking place in this thread today, but man, it's making it hard to concentrate at work . . . :lol:  Super impatient to get home to watch more!  Heh.

37 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

The coworker is like one of those arcade whack-a-mole games.  You knock her back down and she just comes back with some new form of trickery!  I just want to say to her: Get over it.  There are more things to life than this PA position!  

But I know that as much as I moan and groan about her antics, as well as those of Yi Xin and Pan Wei Ning, they're also those necessary evils that keep things interesting and moving forward for our OTP.  The end game for me is always the ending and, so long as there's a happy ending, I can usually put up with most anything.  You'll just hear me gripe a lot in between.  :wink:  

I admit I spoiled myself a while back as to what happens in the book so I already know the reasons for the break-up, some of which has already been hinted at in the show or alluded to through the scenes shown in the opening/end credits.  It's heavy, but again, focusing on happy ending it's all good.  I skimmed the epilogue over the weekend and gah.  I really, really hope they include it in the drama!  

Like you and @jadore1, I'm quite enjoying the pacing as well as the woven in flashbacks.  I think my favorite one so far has been the break-up scene reveal and the turtle.  We knew he referred to her as Little Turtle and spoke to the turtle as if it was her, but when it was revealed that he tried to gift her with a turtle on the day they broke up, it just made that turtle that much more special.  For seven years, he's kept his refused gift by his side, nurturing it and growing it, and reminding him every day of her.  Anyone who says he's a cold-type of hero has yet to look beyond the surface!

Me too!  Definitely curious as to all that's going on there.  

I love all the chatter that's been taking place in this thread today, but man, it's making it hard to concentrate at work . . . :lol:  Super impatient to get home to watch more!  Heh.

You just made my day.  

I was beginning to get a little wary on whether these two hurting souls would really get a happy ending. Honestly I find myself crying in many of the preceding episodes so I was trying to restrain my attachment to the couple just in case they didn’t end up together.

About Nan Xian, I never found him cold because he only acts that way when necessary. When he gave that coworker another chance after she was exposed for maliciously sending out confidential information and framing WN, I thought him magnanimous because he’s definitely not stupid. He also encourages WN using the right method and he does it precisely...not too little and not too much. He can be hot and cold it’s true with WN but at least he doesn’t seem resentfulful although I think that would be natural. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of them because we haven’t seen much since their relationship is mostly a working one. They don’t talk on the phone, hang out together or do anything social. But that’s okay. I like the pacing. 

About the second turtle, I wonder why he bought it. What’s the meaning behind it. Hmm.

7 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

Just saw another song by Zhang Han for this drama. Cant find it on youtube yet so i just share the link here.

This mv is new to me...so touching. :wub:

https://m.weibo.cn/5769275199/4236982345260309

Anyone noticed Janine's handbags? I love her bags too. 

Thank you thank you ...Without You ...was this the song they sang together in ep 16 when she wore that gorgeous blue dress ? 

@jadore1, I know Zhang Han can sing but can Janine? I always loved him song from Boss and Me. I saw the RAWs for 15 and 16 and that’s a lovely song.

Looks like they were both crying while singing. Nan Xiang looked like he was really holding himself back.

SEE WHAT I MEAN?!

Okay, after I had that reaction I decided, I had to live recap my reactions to episode 13.  I needed an outlet for my vents.  :tongue:  I hope it entertains you all, at least . . . Hee!

Spoiler

- UGH.  Zhu Lin Lu!  Offering to settle the rumors about Wen Nuan at Qian Yu?  Wot da wot?!  This is what I have been saying about you.  Your need to fix everything is a really annoying tendency.  Stop meddling where it's not your business!  Nan Xian's response was on point.

- Awww, look at that!  The pride on Nan Xian's face as he listens to Manager Gao praise Wen Nuan's work.... it's adorable. 

- I really love Nan Xian's friendships with Managers Gao and Guan.  Their bromance reminds me of that between Xiao Nai and his college roommates in Love O2O.

- Way to go, Du Xin Tong, you lost your man's job as well as your own.  Well done!  *claps*  Are you now going to blame that on Wen Nuan as well??  (I'm sure the answer to that is: yes.)

- Omg, Zhu Lin Lu, you just can't help yourself can you!?!  You actually went ahead and hired someone to investigate the situation?  *facepalm*

- Oh, Du Xin Tong and Yi Xin, now see, this is the result you get when you have two evil people working together.  It's a partnership doomed to fail as you can't rely on the other and will race each other to be the first to throw the other under the bus.  I can't wait to see the both of you go up in a ball of fiery flames. 

- Lol, I can't wait to see Xiao Dai's reaction when she learns that Wen Nuan's "friend" doesn't just sound like CEO Zhao; he is CEO Zhao.  Hahaha.

- Oh no, here we go.  We knew a parent would have to make an appearance at some point, and of course.  His mom wants to see him with Yi Xin.  Sigh.  Mother, if only you knew how poisonous and devious that woman is.  Don't just look at the book covers!  Read the pages in between.  She's not good news.

- Mysterious powers of persuasion.  Why am I suddenly smelling muffins as well?!

- OMG, let her go to work hungry!  It's her own fault for not waking up earlier.  GIVE HIM THE MUFFINS.

- HE LACKS MUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Ooooh, letting Nan Xian tell you what he lacks?  I have a feeling he is going to use this to his advantage in a major way -- and I can't wait!  :D 

12 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

Just saw another song by Zhang Han for this drama. Cant find it on youtube yet so i just share the link here.

This mv is new to me...so touching. :wub:

https://m.weibo.cn/5769275199/4236982345260309

Yessss!  Thank you!!!  This was the only song I couldn't find yesterday when I was putting together a playlist of the OST on YouTube.  Hopefully it will pop up on YouTube at some point, and I can add it then, but in the meantime I'm using Karen Mok's version of the song.  I look forward to watching the MV you shared in full after I've watched the next ep.  Episode 14, here I come!  :D:D:D

P.S. @celebrianna, I'm glad I could make your day. 

Spoiler

I had to do my due diligence before starting the drama.  There was no way I'd be able to start it and watch them suffer, only to end up with an unhappy ending.  I've done that before.   It was called "Stairway to Heaven," and there's no way I'm doing that sad ending drama business anymore!  I only did it then because my mom made me.  :tongue:  I've decided to translate the epilogue for my own purposes because it's just too cute.  I'm happy to share it with you, if you would like.  Just  . . . don't expect it any time soon.  It's not fast work for me.  (Dialogue's mostly okay but the narrative parts around it are taking me some time.)

4 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Thank you thank you ...Without You ...was this the song they sang together in ep 16 when she wore that gorgeous blue dress ? 

Yes the same song. So beautiful right :wub:

Youtube only have this for now and not the MV

14 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Youtube only have this for now and not the MV

Yay!  Thanks for the head's up.  I'll be sure to add that song to my playlist.  Personally, I don't mind the lack of video.  I listen to the songs when I'm at work so it's not like I can really be watching his video anyway.  :wink: 

Hello everyone 

I am late for the party but I wanted to be sure I wouldn't drop this drama once I started watching it. I do that alot

@angelangie @thunderman1 @Latte_Anyday

@jadore1  @themarchioness  @cheeriekwan  @celebrianna    It is good to see you guyssss. This drama has me hooked, I binged watched it episode 12. 

I am loving this drama and the synopsis to this drama seems to be wrong. I don't think Nan Xian is out to get Wen Nuan. The OTP in this drama are so good together, their chemistry is off the chart. 

Moments like these are why they belong together

Spoiler

IXs0AnAhqCotnTcWH17CcYJdz1mU-oVQ8FlC2cbV

MpG3AmnzltG9hEuyAzI9xpiFyHKKK_g5X0ajFl4m

5yCHW1BgGgL3dyoAswIC-wsAGA8uz287phiHRlrF

dgjZ5USOCQ3DhSuHywj7cAlyofmamvSwqeABYEkr 

I love Nan Xian , he is one of the cdrama male leads that I really wish was mine. Although he is arrogant but he knows Wen Nuan better than her sister and  Zhu Lin Lu.  She has been seperated from them for 7 years. 

I have mixed feelings toward Wen Rou. She refuses to accept that her sister doesn't want to be with Zhu Lin Lu. I can see she loves her sister but she isn't trying hard enough to close the gap between them. Some thing happened seven years ago and i believe they sneed to talk about so Wen Nuan can heal. Refusing to talk about isn't helping. WR tries to hard to protect her out of fear instead of supporting her and giving her the should to cry on. WR hasn't realized that she keeps putting her sister in difficult positions where she can't breath because the sister wants what she wants. I was so pissed off at the sister working for WN's company competitor. As always WR does what she wants. I also suspect that WN will be moving back to london in the near future. I just think WR doesn't have the courage to have a heart to heart talk with her sister. If she did the sister wouldn't leave again. I also think Zhu Lin Lu will probably do something stupid again and WR won't side with her sister but with him. smh smh s

Archived