[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWDJEf4sL5Gp1p7NxPZmUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtJkk01YXE1uj4uvNirQojung-ryeo-won-junho-jang-hyuk.jpg

I truly regret that this is a busy time of year for me because this drama is so brilliantly unique!!!  It's  a mixture of words being heard through characters more in the mind and heart instead of spoken by the mouth. It's cleverness in using comedy to show tenderness that only deepens our thoughts yet leaves us in smiles & tears.  That love isn't always easy to find, to hold onto or let go of. Feelings and desires kept just under the surface but is the magic that keeps the viewers always wishing there was more...

Romance in more than one direction proving that love can come when you least expect it and something just as important that friendship, brotherly love and even a sense of family without the blood can also be found when people are brought together because of this experience we call life...

Only at episode 17 so I have a ways to go but stopped in to say...

Just like you I love this drama too..:heart:

feature-wok-of-love.jpgls.jpgfe7a4e112df0494d891547570ca149c4.jpeg?x=

Poong... " Until I get my revenge...  I won't date, love or get married."

Boss... " You crazy idiot!  Do you want to end up like me?  Why would you put it off?  You should only put off things you don't want to do.  Revenge isn't a good thing.  Love and marriage are good things you shouldn't put off.  Idiot..."

As he places those black glasses I have grown to love upon his face along with the goodness and yes even tenderness found in this gangsters rather large heart.   That beats so loudly in the wanting of someone to love and build a life with.  His deep understanding and even regret of just how important when looking back through his own life what matters and what really doesn't...

I was touched even more within the last moments of episode 22 seeing love in my opinion at its best.  In the form of forgiveness.  Boss finding out the truth about his Mother and in a way releasing the pain that filled his heart and hopefully in doing so making room for more love within his life.  Forgiveness as hard as it can often be or at least seem in giving.  Isn't only about the person who's receiving it.  It's even more about the person who's giving it. 

Like the Boss said better than I...

If you fill your life and heart with revenge,anger and even hate...

Than you leave yourself no room and no hope for real happiness...

And when life is so short...  What a terrible waste of space...

:heart:

On 12/06/2018 at 2:08 AM, kohnlee said:

I’m sure u are not alone in this @lclarakl

And he shines in every scene he appears in, the SLD is too strong. I’m really impressed by the control of his emotions in his facial expression. 

As his fan, is actually quite comforting to know that he doesn’t think that way. He once said in an interview that he has been lucky to be given lead role all this time. Going forward, he is looking out for interesting characters to play, regardless of whether the role is the lead or not. I like this mentality. So the writer better give me more of DCS background story! 

I don’t know the writer and the other cast except for LMS becos of Money Flower. Im watching this drama for him only haha! I’m really bias :) 

like this tweet, I can only trust him and I’m Glad that he delivers :) 

I don't think Junho was given a better role here in WOL.  I think the role of JH here is more interesting and allow more room to showcase his talent and acting.  I just wish the lead is reversed.  The role of JH as gangster be the lead and the story revolve around him and how he helped Junho to succeed.  

Haha :D that's just my personal opinion.  I guess then it won't be called WOL.  But seriously, there's so much more I want to know about this gangster and his background.  Why did his mother abandoned him?  How he became the gangster and what did he go through to give the kind of advise he gave to SP?  And his past with crooked.... etc etc.  Hope the writer will gave us the answers.  

WOL won't air its next episode until June 25. So counting the days I'll be wondering about:

-DCS background/history/past

-Would SP succeed with his revenge against Giant Hotel and evil CEO?

-What happened to DSW's dad?

-What happened to the horse???? :D

23 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I don't think Junho was given a better role here in WOL.  I think the role of JH here is more interesting and allow more room to showcase his talent and acting.  I just wish the lead is reversed.  The role of JH as gangster be the lead and the story revolve around him and how he helped Junho to succeed.  

Haha :D that's just my personal opinion.  I guess then it won't be called WOL.  But seriously, there's so much more I want to know about this gangster and his background.  Why did his mother abandoned him?  How he became the gangster and what did he go through to give the kind of advise he gave to SP?  And his past with crooked.... etc etc.  Hope the writer will gave us the answers.  

Even when the drama did not start yet, the most interesting character is already the gangster. And yaaasss to DCS background. I hope the writer makes this happen. 

Yes @AgnesO I  agree with the first and last part of the tweet ... and DCS character is certainly more interesting! I watched only his parts and won’t know the rest very well anyway haha! 

DSC and Chef went to the CEO room and took out a chopper. I don’t even know how the chopper got there! Lol not important. 

Best quote from the last 2 episodes -

DCS - You only put off things you don’t like to do. 

And that last scene btw the 2 power house , JH and LMS - daebak! 

Awesome! 

PS: I’m finding DSW role more and more redundant and the drama is finally starting (halfway into the 40 episodes).

How easy everything is in mens world.

How can a man make another man sleep in his room.

First he asks nicely, then slams his fist on the table,  and pulls him by his arm.

They made me laugh so much.  Kiss for both of them.

Ok, an extra kiss for Poong.

12 hours ago, Prettysup said:

‘Greasy Melo’ wins the 2049 audience rating throne ... A resilient kitchen romance story

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS Mon/Tue drama 'Greasy Melo' (screenwriter Seo Sook-hyang, director Park Sun-ho) broadcasted on June 11 recorded 5.4% and 6.4% nationwide ratings for its 21st and 22nd episodes. In the case of 2049 audience rating, it recorded 2.4% and 3.3% (Seoul), which ranked it first among dramas aired during the same time period.

It is also ranked high in terms of topics discussion, proving that it is attracting attention among viewers. According to GOOD DATA CORPORATION, "Greasy Melo" is ranked 7th among the most talked-about dramas in the first half of 28 (January 1 ~ June 3), following after JTBC’s ‘Pretty  noona who buys me food’, tvN’s "My Ahjussi’, tvN’s ‘Prison Playbook’, JTBC’s 'Misty', KBS2’s ‘My Golden Life’ and JTBC’s 'Miss Hammurabi'. (This ranking takes into account the number of episodes aired within the qualifying period and calculated the average statistics)

The 23rd episode of 'Greasy Melo' will be broadcast on the 25th June.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004798989&plink=NEW&cooper=SBSNEWSSECTION

Wow! Thank you for this article. Glad to know that the drama is doing well and being the most talked-about. 

10 hours ago, tianaa said:

the romance is beginning to pick up......the bromance has become stronger      stars-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937        Chilseong found his mother......AND finally the Hungry Wok is picking up customers   i love how chef Poong and his crew getting alongup-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279

I know. I'm soo happy that it's finally picking up. And like I'm constantly repeating myself, stop torturing Poong and CS's character. Like have Poong win competition, have him realize he don't need revenge and learn from CS. Also CS has a bad past, give him something good, he's been through soo much and the way he's helping everyone. He's indeed a good man at heart. 

I especially love the drowning conversation. CS is such a good and humble man. :)

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

How easy everything is in mens world.

How can a man make another man sleep in his room.

First he asks nicely, then slams his fist on the table,  and pulls him by his arm.

They made me laugh so much.  Kiss for both of them.

Ok, an extra kiss for Poong.

Lol! I didnt think that far. I kept wondering why Poong kept sleeping in the locker room. I thought he was too focus on his cooking, but CS offered him a place and I was like "Ohhh.. he doesn't have a place to stay." Also don't forget, Poong has a tattoo, too, he's a part of their kkangpae, too. :D

Yuck!  I am not eating no dumpling somebody blowed-up with his mouth and kimchi breath!  

Nope!  Ain't gonna happen!

The HotelChef is a piece-of-work himself, such a preening little banty.  Love Love Love his chef uniform with the pretty embroidered gold dragons.

Nice couple of episodes w/o the XWife & GanstaChabol.  

Where's the horse, in the wok?

40 episodes?  I can't wait!

Congrats Jung Ryeo-won , Jang Hyuk and Park Ji-young for making the list!

June Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas between May 11 to June 12. Compared to last month’s rankings, there was a 60.61 percent increase in data that was analyzed with 229,058,920 pieces of big data looked at.

Sung Dong Il, who is currently starring in JTBC’s “Miss Hammurabi,” took first place with a brand reputation index of 10,201,457. Go Ara, also starring in “Miss Hammurabi,” placed second with a brand reputation index of 9,196,822. Park Min Young took third place with a brand reputation index of 8,140,627. Her “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?” co-star Park Seo Joon, placed fourth with a brand reputation index of 7,222,798. Lee Sung Kyung, who is currently appearing in “About Time,” placed fifth with a brand reputation index of 5,276,456.

Check out the Top 30 below!

Sung Dong Il
Go Ara
Park Min Young
Park Seo Joon
Lee Sung Kyung
Lee Joon Gi
Jung Ryeo Won
Lee Hye Young
Seo Kang Joon
Lee Sang Yoon
Jung Yoo Mi
Lee Sun Bin
Park Sun Young
INFINITE’s L
Jo Bo Ah
Seo Ye Ji
Jang Dong Gun
Park Hyung Sik
Rain
Gong Seung Yeon
Jang Hyuk
Kim Tae Woo
Jung Kyung Ho
Choi Min Soo
EXO’s Suho
Seol In Ah
Jung Jae Young
Kim So Yeon
Lee Dong Gun

Park Ji Young

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/12/june-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed-2/

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Congrats Jung Ryeo-won , Jang Hyuk and Park Ji-young for making the list!

Will bring new sponsor and new Adv as well. actually JRW number 5 for another category for Reputation of the Week for popularity (no jang hyuk either junho or other cast. only her) ps: already share it datab from good data every week

13 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Yuck!  I am not eating no dumpling somebody blowed-up with his mouth and kimchi breath!  

Nope!  Ain't gonna happen!

What I understand is, Poong blowing the air inside the dough to test the stretchability of the dough so he can make the dumpling skin as thin as possible. His dumpling is big so the dough must be able to hold the filing inside the dumpling. Once he found the right ingredients to make his dough stretchable, then he didn't need to blow it anymore.

Archived