[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Actually I think CS will have a hand in proving SW's father innocent. Remember when CS first saw his name on TV he said it was familiar? Perhaps they knew each other before that.  Maybe SW's father's name was in the ledger that he tried to hide from the bad guy??

So if this is true, DCS saves/saved almost everyone. What an angel. If the writer does not give him an ending that he deserves, I will really be upset. Drama Gods, please hear me out. :D

No Wok of Love for 2 weeks?? I don't think that's good for the viewer ratings. The hype might die down. 

Chemistry Between “Wok Of Love” Stars Creates Unique And Heartfelt Love Triangle

The production staff of SBS’s “Wok of Love” recently talked about their drama’s unique love triangle.

Although the two male leads, played by 2PM’s Junho and Jang Hyuk, are in love with the same woman, Jung Ryeo Won, they also share a bromance that makes the relationship tangle more interesting.

Seo Poong (Junho)’s confession to Jung Ryeo Won was itself out of the ordinary. When he discovered that Doo Chil Sung (Jang Hyuk) felt the same way as he did about Dan Se Woo (Jung Ryeo Won), he thought over it for a while. Unwilling to let go of his loyalty for Chil Sung, he told Se Woo, “I like you. But I also like [Chil Sung] just as much.”

Se Woo, however, is not a passive participant, waiting for the male characters to decide what’s best for her. She responded to Seo Poong’s confession with, “You can like him and me too. You can play us both. If you’re going to give up, why give up on me?” She then decided that she would follow her heart and go with the man that she wanted most.

Meanwhile, Doo Chil Sung also exhibited great depths of love and loyalty. He isn’t afraid to risk his life to help Seo Poong, and given his job, his affection for Se Woo is surprisingly naive and sweet. Even though Se Woo chooses someone else in the end, he takes care of her.

The production staff commented, “Whenever the three leads gather together for a scene, the atmosphere is particularly special. There are a lot of fun lines and scenes, and their chemistry is so good, that there’s a lot of laughter on set. Please look forward to how much better their chemistry will be onscreen.”

jang-hyuk-jung-ryeo-won-junho.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/11/wok-love-discusses-central-love-triangle-praises-chemistry-2pms-junho-jung-ryeo-won-jang-hyuk/

Now watching with subs. Things that caught my attention on episodes 21-22:

1. I feel like DCS will be sacrificing a lot for these two. It makes me think that he will not get a happy ending. :(

SP: Hyeong, if all 3 of us are drowning, who will save us?

DCS: (With a serious face) Don't worry. I'm a really great swimmer. I'll save you both.

2. Felt so sad for DCS during the rain conversation with DSW. It seems like he is really letting her go this time saying that he won't pressure her anymore and just act like her boss. I really really hope so. 

3. When DCS said to SP "I've been in jail 3 times. I'm an expert in this area. You know nothing about revenge." These lines really reminded me of Kang PIl Joo. When it comes to kdrama revenge, nobody's better than him. LOL. :D

4. Finally, loved that last scene. LMS and JH are real pros! I somehow pictured how the scene would be when DCS finds out about his mom. But I never expected it to be this sad. When LMS said "No. I'm not your mother" then suddenly cried, OMG something pinched my heart! Best ending scene out of all 22 episodes of WOL for me. Even better than the kiss between DCS and DSW. 

Sorry I've been mentioning about DCS a lot, I only skip to his scenes. :) 

23 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Now watching with subs. I was really touched by what DCS said during their drowning conversation. I feel like DCS will sacrifice a lot for these two. 

SP: Hyeong, if all 3 of us are drowning, who will save us?

DCS: (With a serious face) Don't worry. I'm a really great swimmer. I'll save you both.

Also felt so sad for DCS during the rain conversation with DSW. It seems like he is really letting her go this time saying that he won't pressure her anymore and just act like her boss.

When DCS said to SP "I've been in jail 3 times. I'm an expert in this area. You know nothing about revenge." Reminded be of Kang PIl Joo. :D

Yes, I just finished english subs, too. The whole drowning conversation it's a reassurance/security that they'll be fine in whatever situation they are in, because DCS will save them no matter what. It just made you love DCS even more. He loves everyone soo much, he won't let them get into any trouble.

The whole taking the knife away from the hotel was the first step DCS teaching SP to take care of himself and teaching him a lesson that revenge isn't something you should do, because it's gonna get more ugly. 

7 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Yes, I just finished english subs, too. The whole drowning conversation it's a reassurance/security that they'll be fine in whatever situation they are in, because DCS will save them no matter what. It just made you love DCS even more. He loves everyone soo much, he won't let them get into any trouble.

The whole taking the knife away from the hotel was the first step DCS teaching SP to take care of himself and teaching him a lesson that revenge isn't something you should do, because it's gonna get more ugly. 

He did say to SP "Do you want to end up like me?". Now I am feeling that he is the saddest character we have in WOL. Something happened to him in the past and I want to know about it writernim!. :D

44 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Now watching with subs. Things that caught my attention on episodes 21-22:

1. I feel like DCS will be sacrificing a lot for these two. It makes me think that he will not get a happy ending. :(

If this had not been labelled a comedy, I will predict DCS's death. Coz normally in dramas involving a triangle love relationship, and if the second lead is a good guy, he will normally end up dying.

But since this is a comedy, I guess that won't happen.

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

If this had not been labelled a comedy, I will predict DCS's death. Coz normally in dramas involving a triangle love relationship, and if the second lead is a good guy, he will normally end up dying.

But since this is a comedy, I guess that won't happen.

I was thinking the same thing. I keep telling myself "Nah! it's comedy so he won't die". But JH is just too good with melo scenes that I suddenly think "wait, am I watching a melodrama? Is he gonna die in the end OMG". :D

‘Greasy Melo’ wins the 2049 audience rating throne ... A resilient kitchen romance story

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS Mon/Tue drama 'Greasy Melo' (screenwriter Seo Sook-hyang, director Park Sun-ho) broadcasted on June 11 recorded 5.4% and 6.4% nationwide ratings for its 21st and 22nd episodes. In the case of 2049 audience rating, it recorded 2.4% and 3.3% (Seoul), which ranked it first among dramas aired during the same time period.

It is also ranked high in terms of topics discussion, proving that it is attracting attention among viewers. According to GOOD DATA CORPORATION, "Greasy Melo" is ranked 7th among the most talked-about dramas in the first half of 2018 (January 1 ~ June 3), following after JTBC’s ‘Pretty  noona who buys me food’, tvN’s "My Ahjussi’, tvN’s ‘Prison Playbook’, JTBC’s 'Misty', KBS2’s ‘My Golden Life’ and JTBC’s 'Miss Hammurabi'. (This ranking takes into account the number of episodes aired within the qualifying period and calculated the average statistics)

The 23rd episode of 'Greasy Melo' will be broadcast on the 25th June.

30000604341_1280.jpg

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004798989&plink=NEW&cooper=SBSNEWSSECTION

the romance is beginning to pick up......the bromance has become stronger      stars-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937        Chilseong found his mother......AND finally the Hungry Wok is picking up customers   i love how chef Poong and his crew getting alongup-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279

Archived