Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

On 7/16/2019 at 12:55 AM, chloevstkawaii said:

@skibbies Ah, thanks! I watched them without subs from 9-12 so I had no idea. I was also thinking that the pacing moved quickly in the drama already so I wonder what would happening in the next 30 or so episodes.

The pacing is actually fine, the book was just on the short side. It's shorter than Love O2O, which also had drama original content with secondary couple.

18 hours ago, rocat said:

Let me summarize:

Solo had a daughter with Sucheng out of wedlock. They broke up. Solo then got together (knowing SC was with child??) with Appledog who found out about his past, then they broke up. She left the team. Solo left the team. Gun left the team.

Solo didn't know about the kid, he was taken by surprise but decide to take responsibility when it's thrust upon him, so to speak. In the drama so far, I don't think appledog said she'd quit? Little fuzzy on that, in the book she did iirc.

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

does anyone know what blueberry’s role here is? is she Tong Nian’s manager? or a fellow singer?

Fellow singer and friend. They did a signing thing together. (First time Tong Nian saw Han Shangyan at a competition in Guangzhou) Her husband is also early source of information on Han Shangyan.

• Like 3

new preview they show too much in previews essentially gives everything away but i still cant help but watch everything 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

I started This drama  and just finished episode 13, Tong Nian and Han Shang are so cute!!! But if i am not wrong as i don't understand chinese, they broke up on this episode and i am wondering why?!!!

Can't wait to see more episodes, I already watched Yang Zi and it's one of my favourite Chinese actresses espcially she nailed in Ashes of Love. First time for me to watch Li Xian, he is handsome and cute!!! hehe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:

new preview they show too much in previews essentially gives everything away but i still cant help but watch everything 

Hide contents

I really hope they won't change their first kiss. It would be such a shame. :sweatingbullets: As far we won't get a passionate one at least I want to get it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Am i the only 1 here feel like TN's outfits r so boring except for the colors?, it's like she wears the same style all the time the only difference is the colors.  I thought in the novel there were mentions of the way  she dressed and her shapely figure that would entice guys to keep oogling at her.

• LOL 2

27 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Am i the only 1 here feel like TN's outfits r so boring except for the colors?, it's like she wears the same style all the time the only difference is the colors.  I thought in the novel there were mentions of the way  she dressed and her shapely figure that would entice guys to keep oogling at her.

They seem a combo of babyish and prudish - far from sexy.  They even look starched.  No one can see a shapely figure - does she have one?

• LOL 4

I decided to skim through the novel because much as I like Li Xian's character, or at least what he's doing with the role, I was becoming increasingly worried Yang Zi's character would stay the bobblehead around him of the first episodes where she can barely talk.  She was introduced to us as a young genius, and she's certainly accomplished, so I keep expecting her to dazzle us and him.  But sadly, for anyone also expecting this, the only person to shine will be Li Xian's character.  I can't tell you how many times everything about her in the novel is described as 'little', 'cutee', 'docile' and 'submissive'.  I understand cultures are different and these are attractive traits in Asia but not only do I dislike docility in any human being (a trait best left to cows or dogs imo), it is hard to respect men or find them sexy when the women they like are only a few steps up from a sex doll.  The leads barely have a decent conversation, and while I can enjoy a physical attraction romance in a pinch, I like romance far better where love is physical attraction and so much more than that.

I'm going to keep watching for Li Xian, but lower my expectations dramatically for Yang Zi's character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Caught on camera with a scantily dressed woman in his room and true to my theory, Han Shang Yun made his boys as his relationship counselors.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

This is the fluff stuff.  Its good.  Relaxing..and I have this permanent smile.  One of my fave read in novel world in this genre.  So no complaints from me.  So far...lol

• Like 2

@jewelsc @brielover 

i have the same questions about her image and dressing. I think the show is trying for the stereotypical girl-next-door, girl-from-a-good-family look cos she’s still a) a teenager and b. rather innocent. Her personality and demeanour till current ep reflect that. I guess since she’s doing most of the chasing, they want her to do it in a chaste and decent manner. Uncomplicated. Very first base. Unlike the lady in the robe running into Gun’s room. I thought it was good contrast. 

Perhaps Gun would find TN’s innocence alluring in future eps ...there is no indication at all now except, if pushing it, occasional content (smiles) he secretly emits when she does something cute.

in the book, she cosplays? My impression of cosplay costumes is that they can run quite wild. TN in the drama ... would probably be in a unicorn onesie at best. Heh.

• Like 6

Tong Nian is like a ray of sunshine that had crept into Han Shang Yun's life.

He never like to explain himself but he did a good job explaining himself to Tong Nian for her consideration whether to carry on their relationship.

I laughed when Solo gave an advice to the guy who showed an "interest" for Tong Nian to forget about approaching Tong Nian if he knew what is good for him.

Will loved to see how Han Shang Yun is going to explain "the woman in his room" to Tong Nian.

I laughed so hard seeing the lady in the bathrobe got all wrapped up and left out in the corridor like a "finished" room service meal.

• Like 11

They've dressed her wrong for the whole cosplay concept for Tong Nian.  She should be in cutesy mini skirts and shorts.  They've got her dressing to maturely for a young 19 year old anime cosplay singing star.  I think Yang Zi is doing a good job of portraying Tong Nian based on what she's been given.  People who write the reviews and synopsis should stop describing Han Shanyang as being cold, he's more grumpy and closed off in the book and I'm glad that's how they wrote his character in the drama, Li Xian does a good job of showing this.  A truly cold person doesn't give a damn about people or anything around them - they certainly wouldn't care if they cut her off at the knees and denounced her as being a stalker just to set the record straight in the first few chapters of the book and episodes in the drama, Han Shanyang cares too much about everyone around him to be a truly cold person.

Edited by MoueD
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

It takes a day for eps to get loaded online ... so it’s a 24-hr wait for me. Where do you watch the eps? :)

3 minutes ago, rocat said:

It takes a day for eps to get loaded online ... so it’s a 24-hr wait for me. Where do you watch the eps? :)

youtube. but note that the episodes aren’t subbed. so you’ll have to wait for 1-2 days for the subbed episodes. 

35 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

youtube. but note that the episodes aren’t subbed. so you’ll have to wait for 1-2 days for the subbed episodes. 

Thanks! No worries, I understand mandarin. Is it the ones from Croton Media? They take about a day after broadcast.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Tong Nian is like a ray of sunshine that had crept into Han Shang Yun's life.

He never like to explain himself but he did a good job explaining himself to Tong Nian for her consideration whether to carry on their relationship.

I laughed when Solo gave an advice to the guy who showed an "interest" for Tong Nian to forget about approaching Tong Nian if he knew what is good for him.

Will loved to see how Han Shang Yun is going to explain "the woman in his room" to Tong Nian.

I laughed so hard seeing the lady in the bathrobe got all wrapped up and left out in the corridor like a "finished" room service meal.

I It seems like he always make sure that TN understand him I’m his own way. He is trying to fight it but in her own way her smarts and innocence has won him over. She is a fighter and this her first live innocence is there. She is always in his mind and always defends her. With her aunt and her daughter and protect her innocence so the team doesn’t have wrong ideas.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, rocat said:

Thanks! No worries, I understand mandarin. Is it the ones from Croton Media? They take about a day after broadcast.

yep. from Croton Media. it takes one day for you? that's weird.. cuz for me, it uploads at 10pm (China time). i think that's the expected upload time too. hmm.. maybe try a chinese streaming site?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

yep. from Croton Media. it takes one day for you? that's weird.. cuz for me, it uploads at 10pm (China time). i think that's the expected upload time too. hmm.. maybe try a chinese streaming site?

if u go for other site it is usually pretty fast sometimes.....

• Like 1

I am enjoying their chemistry so far as well.

Anyway, the white hoodie with Ni Hao word written wore by Tong Nian caught my attention. Do let me know if anyone is selling similar stuff on Ebay or anywhere lol

No doubt, I love all the lovey dovey stuff between the leads...but I'm rather confused how quickly HSY fell for TN. Like...nothing...at least to me, was significant enough between them for him to already like her a lot. He did a 360 in two episodes or something with his feelings for her. I hope they continue to focus on why she is a genius because I'm not feeling that part of her still...In a span of 40 episodes, they should have gone more into detail with the love development between HSY and TN.