Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

Just had a listen to the preview of the OST and I love the instrumentals!

I can imagine the scene as I hear the music.

http://www.mnet.com/album/3203825

And I love finding gems within dramas.

These wise words -

SUobGV.gif

Gah ... gifing these scenes makes me shake my fist to the sky and cry "Why did I get a KBS ending!!??'

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's interesting, because not all sageuks do it. However, this drama reminds me of MDBC in that the male lead's lines are just so lovely, and more lyrical than the female leads' lines even. It's partly the writing, but also partly the delivery and the voice, I think. 

I feel the same. 

Before reading your post I just came back from YouTube watching some MDBC clips. 

@Dramanoona (^^); I can feel you for the KBS ending.

Edited by Visually-wandering
  • Like 3

I wanted my happy ever after and I got it.

The last portion of the ep after Yul began his rule was the show waxing lyrical about the beauty of life that came full circle presented in comedic light. I have not giggled so much in the last 20 mins of a show before. Though it wasn’t the typical happy one with weddings and babies, I was more than satisfied.

Like many of the posts published, I loved the lines of the CP. Just beautiful. I thought the emoting to bring out the angst, frustrations, devastation, forlorn, longing was authentic and accomplished with such poetry with the concept of yet. A person so powerful yet his power cannot be wielded. A yearning so deep yet it cannot yet be fulfilled. A love so near yet so far. So much to say yet there needs to be silence. So dem angry yet a master of himself. 

If he isn’t the divine King who is? :P
Circular plots are the best.
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

The (twice) rejected prince.. and the reemergence of dimples on Mr Dimples!

Love the reactions of the Eunuch and Guard Kwon.

Haha, Kwon actually slapped his own face to snap out of it... and I am also very glad Yang regained his vocals.

Btw, why is the actor of MY hardly ever present in group events or gatherings?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha, Kwon actually slapped his own face to snap out of it... and I am also very glad Yang regained his vocals.

Btw, why is the actor of MY hardly ever present in group events or gatherings?

It could be that he has his new drama lined up.

OMG. Beautiful. Definitely getting the OST.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally watched the last episode.Probably one of the cutest drama I have watched,even tough its a historical drama.The political aspects was still frustating but quite simple,so it was easy to follow.The most confusing character for me was probably CP's brother though.He knew who was behind the  almost murder  of the CP yet didn't speak up but was quick to  help the princess.Did the CP order him to do so...

Divided about  the last episode.It seemed like a mess.But its still good in kdrama standards.The entire resolution of the palace plot seemed  a little rushed.The extra 10 minutes were kinda wasted.I still loved the village scenes:))).They were very funny(I did  like them even during the middle of the amnesia track where they ended up dragging the plot) .I just hoped Wonshim resolution would have happened earlier than the last few minutes  even if there was no royal wedding.Atleast happy that they didn't go the tragic historical drama romance route....They tried to give everybody a happy ending,even the queen for some reason.

The journal entries in Kyungsoo's voice though :'))

Watched a kdrama after sooo long.It was not  the best,but it was really good.Gonna miss Mondays now:(

One question though.In ep 14 The VP says that the Crown Princess is his only blood(or thats what the subs said),but didn't he have  a son too?And why is that son in the village?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rika77 said:

One question though.In ep 14 The VP says that the Crown Princess is his only blood(or thats what the subs said),but didn't he have  a son too?And why is that son in the village?

i don't think he said "only blood"...I think he said "we share the same blood" which implies they are family so she should remember that and stick with his plan.

His family escaped death (I think it's not uncommon for a traitor's whole family to be conveniently wiped out by mere association) because of his use of the blank check that the king signed (the letter he passed to LY in the death scene) - he requested that he alone suffer for the his sins and his kin be spared.  So essentially both CPss and his son were banished/exiled (not sure why only him - I had the impression that he was married so his whole family (his wife included) should be there with him).  GD volunteered to be his (the son) 'watchman' to make sure he stays within that makeshift line drawn (essentially house arrest in the village).  CPss went to the house that MY prepared for her (?) - not sure how he could've had the time to get that all ready... together with her court lady (nanny of the baby that was born) - and Seowon visits so I assume he will make sure she gets cared for appropriately as he loves her too.

Postscript... When DKS uses his beer bottle and pretends it's his mic - haha...I love his dry laconic wit.  He suited the role to a tee.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

@nrllee, I thought DKS excelled in his role. He had me convinced right down to his fingernails. ^_^ I particularly enjoyed his diction and the way he conveyed so much through his eyes. This is my first time seeing him act and I hope to see him in another drama soon.

• Like 7

@celebrianna he was brilliant in the movie Hyung (My Annoying Brother). Smaller drama role in It's Alright, That's Love...but just as convincing.  100DMP is his break out role and cemented his acting

chops as male lead. Swing Kids (movie) is coming out in Dec. Looks like it will be a hit. I like the premise of it. Definite watch for me. I really like his selection of movies/dramas - none of them are too fluffy and his roles seem to parallel his morals. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I thought DKS excelled in his role. He had me convinced right down to his fingernails.

One of the things I actually really liked was the way he made me want to smack him over the head in so many of the earlier episodes!  :lol: It is only when an actor is really practicing his craft well that he can elicit that sort of response.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Jo Han Chul Talks About Acting With EXO’s D.O. In “100 Days My Prince”

Jo Han Chul Talks About Acting With EXO’s D.O. In “100 Days My Prince”

Oct 31, 2018
by Y. Shin

After “100 Days My Prince” came to an end this week, Jo Han Chul sat down for an interview to talk about the drama and his costars.

During the interview, the actor praised EXO’s D.O. by saying, “[He] is someone who doesn’t need any other advice.”

He continued, “It might be because D.O. has gone through the idol lifestyle since he was young, but responsibility is ingrained into him. Even in acting, he has a unique attitude towards his projects. His concentration levels on set are tremendous. It’s touching. He never slacks off during rehearsals.”

Jo Han Chul then recalled a moment when he truly felt D.O.’s passion. He remarked while laughing, “There was a scene in which we stare each other down, but he wasn’t pushed back at all even against my energy as a senior [actor]. It was to the point where I felt a sense of rivalry arising.”

He added, “[D.O.] is a seasoned actor, and I’m excited to see his future plans. He’s a junior by many years, but I’m really jealous. How is it that everything he does, it does well?”

“100 Days My Prince” is a historical romance about the unusual love story between the fictional crown prince Lee Yool (played by EXO’s D.O.), who suffers from temporary amnesia after an accident, and Hong Shim (played by Nam Ji Hyun), the oldest unmarried woman in the Joseon Kingdom. Jo Han Chul plays the role of the king and Lee Yool’s only biological family member

Nam Ji Hyun Talks About Working With D.O. As A Fan Of EXO

Nam Ji Hyun Talks About Working With D.O. As A Fan Of EXO

Oct 31, 2018
by L. Kim

In a recent interview, actress Nam Ji Hyun mentioned her “100 Days My Prince” co-star D.O.from the idol group EXO.

Nam Ji Hyun shared, “I think we were able to get along as friends because he’s only two years older than me. My other co-stars from my previous works were a bit older than him. Of course, I was able to get along with them comfortably without any awkwardness, but D.O. and I were especially able to share our troubles and give advice to each other.”

When asked if she had felt pressured about acting with an idol with a huge fan base, the actress replied she hadn’t worried about that. She explained, “I had heard [D.O.] was a great actor, and after seeing his projects, I wondered how he would really act. In fact, I think he was very similar to my expectations. Since I always take a serious attitude and try my best every minute to concentrate on everything I can, I thought I would try harder as a fellow actor rather than be careful of him because he was an idol.”

However, Nam Ji Hyun couldn’t hide her amazement that she was able to act with an EXO member. She commented, “EXO debuted when I was in high school. At that time, there wasn’t anyone who didn’t like them. I was a fan too. Thanks to him, my friends were greatly amazed when I started this drama. I’m an actress as well, but I don’t have many chances to meet idols, so I was fascinated that my co-star would be an EXO member. I told my friends that I’m amazed as well.”

“100 Days My Prince” concluded on October 30 with successful viewer ratings.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/han-so-hee-says-the-cast-of-100-days-my-prince-were-shocked-after-seeing-do-perform-at-exos-concert

EXO, D.O.

Han So Hee talked about seeing '100 Days My Prince' co-star D.O. perform on stage. 

On October 31, Star News published the interview with Han So Hee. The actress shared about her recently ended tvN drama '100 Days My Prince', the cast, and more. 

Han So Hee revealed she and Nam Ji Hyun, Kim Sun Ho, Kim Jae Young, Kim Ki Doo, and Lee Min Ji went to watch an FC Seoul soccer match, and the crew also visited EXO's concert back in August. 

Han So Hee shared she was surprised by D.O.'s presence on stage. She said, "I've only seen Kyung Soo oppa wearing the traditional outfits on the filming set. Everyone was shocked after seeing his shining presence at the concert. He was a different person."

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, thistle said:

One of the things I actually really liked was the way he made me want to smack him over the head in so many of the earlier episodes!  :lol: It is only when an actor is really practicing his craft well that he can elicit that sort of response.  

:lol: In the early episodes even though he was thoroughly inconveniencing HS, I liked that he still retained his royal mannerisms and kind of instinctively felt that he didn’t belong in the village. I still find it amusing that he was fooled into marrying HS because of his own royal edict. :lol: I suppose it could be called Fate because otherwise HS might have been forced to marry someone else if things got serious.

• Like 6

A new naver write up on DO's acting and also about his upcoming movie Swing kids.   I think he shaved his head for  this movie.  But he was cool about it in all the concerts he attended with that shaved head.  I think chanyeol was teasing him playfully for that looks in one of the concert.  I dont remember which one.

The article has so many HD bts pics of DO.  I am posting only some of them.

13.JPG?type=w1200

20.JPG?type=w1200

16.JPG?type=w1200

Spoiler

15.JPG?type=w1200

22.JPG?type=w1200

24.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 6