[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

20 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Zhe Yan was the funniest in that scene, he could barely hold back his elation that Di Jun was so shocked hahahahaha! The thing was he did pamper her later. All that better food and high quality clothing. What can we say? :tounge_wink:

He was charmed. :blush: His subtle way of showing affection to her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Zhe Yan was the funniest in that scene, he could barely hold back his elation that Di Jun was so shocked hahahahaha! The thing was he did pamper her later. All that better food and high quality clothing. What can we say?

Yes, that is why 'pamper' need to be there :) . He pampered her in the later chapter. 

This PB extra is so funny. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Anyway my chapter 3 is almost finished. Will post as soon as it's ready, after the final edits are done. 

I did put pamper into the xiao jiao qi scene for the reason I said in an earlier post that he did pamper her later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chapter 7: 

https://anunluckywhitecat.wordpress.com/2021/03/18/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-07/

This chapter's a particularly long one, and there are a lot of footnotes in this chapter, mostly idioms, but a note about footnotes 9 + 10 in particular: they're based in mythology and if you're interested in the story, you can also search up the archer Hou Yi. 

Wedding!

:issohappy:

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Chapter 7: 

https://anunluckywhitecat.wordpress.com/2021/03/18/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-07/

This chapter's a particularly long one, and there are a lot of footnotes in this chapter, mostly idioms, but a note about footnotes 9 + 10 in particular: they're based in mythology and if you're interested in the story, you can also search up the archer Hou Yi. 

Wedding!

:issohappy:

Sprit crane foster parents thought bubble:

Spoiler

Dijun's genes will not be wasted!!! :sweatingbullets:

He barely talks, but gosh, he can be very romantic to the one he loves:

Spoiler

“Preparing this wedding ceremony, it isn’t because you asked anything of me, it’s only because I want to give it to you.”

Who can prepare such a beautiful wedding finery. In the middle of the war. No wonder he can stitch (in an old mini outtake, dissing other immortal men), not anymore surprising DH can also craft 200 gowns for FJ during their 200 years apart.

Spoiler

The two wore purple robes—they were brocade robes made from the silk of the silver and gold silkworms from the place the three-legged crows9 dwelt, the fusang tree10, and embellished with gold, silver, agate, colored glaze, shells, coral, and red pearls and jewels. Resplendent and stately, it was dazzling.

Anyone reminded of this? :wub:

Spoiler

With the red sun rising from the horizon, the melody of a bell ringing suddenly spread from the Nine Heavens. It was the sound that announced the auspicious time. As that distantly ringing bell slowly grew fainter, mantuoluo, manshusha, jinpuoluo, poshijia, jusumo, and fentuoli, all sorts of these wonderful flowers fell, one after another. In an instant, the entire Eight Realms was bathed in an endless flower rain.

That Jade Girl Festival in Aranya's dream.

And the most sincere and loving vows, in the middle of a battle no less. Nothing will stop him having this wedding ceremony for his wife.

Spoiler

“Qingqiu’s daughter, the Bai family’s Fengjiu, agile and clever, naturally elegant,” the young man’s voice was calm and leisurely, “winning my heart. I wish to marry her as husband and wife, remaining together and faithful forever.”

And...this isn't just a wedding, it's also the coronoration for the chosen Dihou!

Best wishes Xiao Bai, Congratulations Dijun! 

:fullofhearts:

×××××

Who else thinks now that PB extra should be adapted as drama/movie? That wedding! And this is just one ancient battle scene, but the scenery is awesome!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sprit crane foster parents thought bubble:

And the way they were like "Hey! I know! Let's just bring our daughter to his home, where his Dihou already is right now and leave her there with a letter! He'll be sure to take her as a wife too!" -facepalm- 

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Who can prepare such a beautiful wedding finery. In the middle of the war. No wonder he can stitch (in an old mini outtake, dissing other immortal men), not anymore surprising DH can also craft 200 gowns for FJ during their 200 years apart.

Eeek! I thought so too, gorgeous! :wub:

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Anyone reminded of this? :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

With the red sun rising from the horizon, the melody of a bell ringing suddenly spread from the Nine Heavens. It was the sound that announced the auspicious time. As that distantly ringing bell slowly grew fainter, mantuoluo, manshusha, jinpuoluo, poshijia, jusumo, and fentuoli, all sorts of these wonderful flowers fell, one after another. In an instant, the entire Eight Realms was bathed in an endless flower rain.

That Jade Girl Festival in Aranya's dream.

Yesssss! I was sorta wondering if this part was just like fan service, LOL. Not that I'm complaining.

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Who else thinks now that PB extra should be adapted as drama/movie? That wedding! And this is just one ancient battle scene, but the scenery is awesome!

-raises hand-

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

And the way they were like "Hey! I know! Let's just bring our daughter to his home, where his Dihou already is right now and leave her there with a letter! He'll be sure to take her as a wife too!" -facepalm- 

Not only the wife, their son too!

LMAO, imagine if it wasn't the sensible FJ that the spirit crane couple met in Bihai Cangling...remembering that skewered spirit carp friend of Xiao Yan's steward in Ep3 ELOD, hahahaha!

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

I admire Feng Jiu for knowing she should not stay on the battlefields.

if this were EL, Feng Jiu would obstinately stay by Dong Hua even if it inconveniences him.

in ELOD, Feng Jiu chooses to wait to strike Miao Luo at the right moment

Huh...so Gun Gun has two foster aunts. Chu Yi and Zhihe.

i think it safe to say that Zhihe’s parents would have gladly supported their daughter’s pursuit of Dijun.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4

Just started on Chapter 7. Remember when we were discussing DJ's age when Zhihi's parents took him in, a few pages back?

Spoiler

From Fei Wei’s explanation, Dijun was transformed from the pure energy of Heaven and Earth, an orphan with no father and no mother. Just when he was born from the Holy Blue Sea, his spiritual energy was very weak, and he was nearly torn apart for a meal by tigers and wolves. Fortunately, he was saved by the spirit crane couple passing by that day. 

Does this mean he was but a child? 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I admire Feng Jiu for knowing she should not stay on the battlefields.

if this were EL, Feng Jiu would obstinately stay by Dong Hua even if it inconveniences him.

in ELOD, Feng Jiu chooses to wait to strike Miao Luo at the right moment

Huh...so Gun Gun has two foster aunts. Chu Yi and Zhihe.

i think it safe to say that Zhihe’s parents would have gladly supported their daughter’s pursuit of Dijun.

In EL, their script wasn't really them. So even if the real FJ was quite sensible and reasonable even if she's very young, in EL she was portrayed very badly (not the acting) as an obstinate, you die I die clingy girl.

In ELOD, though she would still be willing to die for him, she was helping DH. Like you mentioned, she wasn't an inconvenience, and certainly not an impediment. DH dislikes it too that she gets hurt for him. 

It's been 260,000 years though, so even Chu Yi may not be around anymore. At least BGG met her, and this fairy was not willing to insert herself to their family.

Zhi He on the other hand was obsessing over DH, but I kinda think parents will not be much help since 1) she's very crass, unlike the gentle and refined Chu Yi, 2) DH has shown what he can do to those who crosses him after executing Fu Ying and the Monster and Ghost Lords who joined him.

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Just started on Chapter 7. Remember when we were discussing DJ's age when Zhihi's parents took him in, a few pages back?

Reveal hidden contents

From Fei Wei’s explanation, Dijun was transformed from the pure energy of Heaven and Earth, an orphan with no father and no mother. Just when he was born from the Holy Blue Sea, his spiritual energy was very weak, and he was nearly torn apart for a meal by tigers and wolves. Fortunately, he was saved by the spirit crane couple passing by that day. 

I'd assume that yes, he was a young fairy child with little cultivation, maybe even smaller than toddler BGG as he was "newly born". The spirit cranes are shrewd enough; if DH was born almost or already full grown, and even with very low cultivation, it's doubtful they will pity him and take him with them, or if they do, provide him meals for years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeaaaa so I was actually thinking about that conversation too when I was translating this and was also thinking that it doesn't match up. That part you bolded is 刚自碧海苍灵化生之时

刚 here is like "just now" or "just happened" so... yeah... the way I'm reading it, they picked him up right when he was "born."

Also, the last sentence is 幸被当日路过的灵鹤夫妇所救 and 当日 tells us the "that day."

Does anyone remember what the evidence was in that conversation about when DH was taken in by the spirit cranes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Evidence...No? Uhm, in the PB or outtake?

Uhhh... I don't really remember either, I just remember that there was a conversation a while ago about the age that DH was taken in by the spirit cranes. I think someone said that it was at a pretty old age, like past 100,000? And I remembered thinking that it was kinda odd, but I don't remember if there was any evidence given in that conversation? If no one remembers it's probably not a big deal though. 

:idk:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Uhhh... I don't really remember either, I just remember that there was a conversation a while ago about the age that DH was taken in by the spirit cranes. I think someone said that it was at a pretty old age, like past 100,000? And I remembered thinking that it was kinda odd, but I don't remember if there was any evidence given in that conversation? If no one remembers it's probably not a big deal though. 

Was that the speculation of DH's age before it's confirmed that he's 400,000?

I remember that it was more than 360,000 based on Shao Wan's thoughts in the Bodhi Fate. Then that Zhi He at present was 90,000 years old.

But there seems to be a disconnect here:

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I was a parentless child. In the beginning when I first sprang forth from the Blue Sea, I didn't have enough fairy energy and was at the mercy of wild beasts. Zhihe's parents brought me home in sympathy and raised me up out of good grace. Ninety-thousand years later, just before they passed away, they finally conceived Zhi'he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her...” (PB1, p266)

In light of the PB extra, what's that ninety thousand years later? It seems wrong now that ninety thousands later after he was taken by them after knowing his actual age. Also, at the PB extra, he's around 140,000, and the foster parents are still alive. Thus, Zhi He would only become his ward when he's more or less 310,000 years old, given than Zhi He was raised by him since she was born from more 90,000 years ago.

DH mentioned he was a parentless child when they took him, so he should then be a child, hehehe.

310,000-90,000 = 220,000 DH's age. Did something significant happen when he was this age? Is this the before in that 90,000 years later on when Zhi He was conceived? Just pure speculation, was this when DH spirit cranes foster parents are in good terms again, that they would trust him to look after their younger child?

And since Zhi He is a crane, isn't it possible that the mother crane laid her as an egg, and entrusted the egg to DH, before she and father crane died? Uhm, so they could have even passed away before she hatched.

Age at the PB extra 140,000. 220,000-140,000=80,000. Pure speculation, but this gap, is it the number of years the spirit cranes were estranged with DH because of helping Chu Yi marrying somebody else?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Was that the speculation of DH's age before it's confirmed that he's 400,000?

I remember that it was more than 360,000 based on Shao Wan's thoughts in the Bodhi Fate. Then that Zhi He at present was 90,000 years old.

But there seems to be a disconnect here:

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I was a parentless child. In the beginning when I first sprang forth from the Blue Sea, I didn't have enough fairy energy and was at the mercy of wild beasts. Zhihe's parents brought me home in sympathy and raised me up out of good grace. Ninety-thousand years later, just before they passed away, they finally conceived Zhi'he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her...” (PB1, p266)

In light of the PB extra, what's that ninety thousand years later? It seems wrong now that ninety thousands later after he was taken by them after knowing his actual age. Also, at the PB extra, he's around 140,000, and the foster parents are still alive. Thus, Zhi He would only become his ward when he's more or less 310,000 years old, given than Zhi He was raised by him since she was born from more 90,000 years ago.

Ahhh I see, that was the issue then. So this is the line about the 90,000 years thing: 他们九万年前临羽化时才生下知鹤

This is what I had in my version: Just before they passed away 90,000 years ago, they finally conceived Zhi’he. (APB1, pg. 206)

Although looking at it again, the second part should be "they finally gave birth to Zhihe." cause conception =/= birth. 

Anyways, I think perhaps that slight mistranslation caused the confusion there. 

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Age at the PB extra 140,000. 220,000-140,000=80,000. Pure speculation, but this gap, is it the number of years the spirit cranes were estranged with DH because of helping Chu Yi marrying somebody else?

Hehe, I think that perhaps they wouldn't dare to be upset with him over it because of how much power and influence he has even at this time. But I do wonder what their reaction to DH helping Chu Yi would have been as well. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Ahhh I see, that was the issue then. So this is the line about the 90,000 years thing: 他们九万年前临羽化时才生下知鹤

This is what I had in my version: Just before they passed away 90,000 years ago, they finally conceived Zhi’he.

Although looking at it again, the second part should be "they finally gave birth to Zhihe." cause conception =/= birth. 

I think perhaps that slight mistranslation caused the confusion there. 

I rather think that since they're cranes, it's not birth either, but the egg containing her was laid...

Zhi He tells FJ the night before she left Tai Chen, eve of DH and JH wedding, that she was raised by foster brother for 90,000 years, from when she was born. 

Born=>hatched? Not sure if the immortal eggs needed nesting by the parents. Shao Wan's egg was worshipped, hehehe. If the parents passed on before Zhi He hatched, then...that explains Zhi He's name. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I rather think that since they're cranes, it's not birth either, but the egg containing her was laid...

Zhi He tells FJ the night before she left Tai Chen, eve of DH and JH wedding, that she was raised by foster brother for 90,000 years, from when she was born. 

Born=>hatched? Not sure if the immortal eggs needed nesting by the parents. Shao Wan's egg was worshipped, hehehe. If the parents passed on before Zhi He hatched, then...that explains Zhi He's name. :sweatingbullets:

Hmm, that is an interesting thought. It is generally "birthing / bore" but given that birds lay eggs, I think perhaps it could also be that? I also don't know when she would've hatched either. I'd really love to think that Zhihe was named by DH too. :lol:Wouldn't that make her name so funny?

Is the bolded thing from the drama only? I don't recall it from the books, if I'm remembering correctly. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Is the bolded thing from the drama only? I don't recall it from the books, if I'm remembering correctly. 

It's in the book. ^_^  It wasn't so emphasized in the drama, since only the confrontation between JH and ZH was shown and none with FJ. ZH then says something like, "Foster brother must not be humiliated. If you don't want the wedding dress, I want it." 

Zhi’he won emphatically this round of psychological warfare. She actually hadn’t cared that she had lost to Zhi’he; she was only sad that no matter what she did, she couldn’t make Donghua like her. She could only sigh sadly. But why Zhi’he disliked her so much, she didn’t know, and she had already decided to leave Jiuchongtian. Zhi’he still wouldn’t make things easy on her; choosing the night she was leaving, she purposely came in a red bridal gown   especially to irritate her. Pretending to be kind, she gently petted her head and said, “I’ve been with foster brother for 90,000 years. He was the one who raised me since the day I was born, and today I am finally going to marry him. I’m very happy. You’re a kind little fox, are you happy for me too?” But she pulled on her ears to lift her up and   mocking her with a half smile , she said, “What, are you not happy? So it turns out that you’re not happy. (APB1, p49)

For Hamster's version, p.56 :)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's in the book. ^_^  It wasn't so emphasized in the drama, since only the confrontation between JH and ZH was shown and none with FJ. ZH then says something like, "Foster brother must not be humiliated. If you don't want the wedding dress, I want it." 

Zhi’he won emphatically this round of psychological warfare. She actually hadn’t cared that she had lost to Zhi’he; she was only sad that no matter what she did, she couldn’t make Donghua like her. She could only sigh sadly. But why Zhi’he disliked her so much, she didn’t know, and she had already decided to leave Jiuchongtian. Zhi’he still wouldn’t make things easy on her; choosing the night she was leaving, she purposely came in a red bridal gown   especially to irritate her. Pretending to be kind, she gently petted her head and said, “I’ve been with foster brother for 90,000 years. He was the one who raised me since the day I was born, and today I am finally going to marry him. I’m very happy. You’re a kind little fox, are you happy for me too?” But she pulled on her ears to lift her up and   mocking her with a half smile , she said, “What, are you not happy? So it turns out that you’re not happy. (APB1, p49)

For Hamster's version, p.56 :)

Ohhh right... this could be a sign that I need to read / watch it again... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1