[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH to Ali: "You're wearing the hair tie I lost days ago, I'm taking it back..."

Ali: :flushed:

Ali: you must be mistaken. These are the hair ties Feng Jiu personally made for me this morning.

Dong Hua: your cousin was lying.

Ali: ....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Diana L said:

Side topic.  If I remember correctly, wasn’t Tang Qi going to explain in the outtake what DH really is?  His origin really can’t be from a stone...

There's a translated TQ answers to fan questions in the blog on DH's form. :) Check it here: Q & A #2

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

And she will remain the one and only! None of the ensuing Tianjuns' had their weddings done in such a spectacular fashion. 

Not one Tianjun is a God King.  :glasses: 

No one but FJ and DH are going to remember this ceremony in the future. Something I thought was kind of a pity, but at least both of them remember it, not just FJ. It really was still very beautiful! :wub:

Yes, it is a pity. Gun gun was not there either to witness his parents getting married in spectacular way. Sign...:(

But at least we and the sacred tree of god king also remember. Surely, DH can ask Fuzi to add that in history book LOL. 

I wonder are the wedding robes and crown still hidden somewhere at Bihai Changlin? 

I'd love an illustration on that too, maybe some fan of the book will draw one! But I'm imagining that really deep purple color DH wears in all those pictures from the illustration book. And combined with red? :wub:

Deep purple with a hint of red. I like that. I like the illustrations in the PB. Do we know who he or she is?

Ahem, there was that thing Tangqi said about how DH would be able to uproot FJ and bring her back to Taichen Palace with him even if she turned into a tree instead of a handkerchief. :lol:

True.. If this PB extra can be made in drama. How would CGI look like. Gigantic tree, jade stage, among the battle filed with those mystical creatures and Changhe sword(s)........  :)

9 hours ago, Ninky said:

Hamster did one but she deleted it because she totally believed in the rumours that Tang Qi plagiarised the work.

@RomulanThis rumour is not true. Tang Qi has not plagiarised other work. She won in court. 

There is still this believe around internet, I found the article around when I searched for more information about PB. I don't know why no one takes that article down. 

I believe the hamster version is not completed either. It lacks of several bits about FJ/DH etc.  Do you have a chance to read TTSK?

I wish we could get the formal and proper English translation in the future. I also want exact illustration as per original books. Not like TTSK.  In my opinion, translating TQ works from Chinese to English is much harder than translating Amanda Gorman's

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

and Zhe Lan.. (How did he ever think Sang Ji would be a good match??? Lian Song I could see.)

Where does this come from? Is it in the book? I don't recall Zhe Yan has ever think like that. In the book he dotes on BQ. It was more of Tianjun wants an ally with the Bai family. 

Sang Ji got off lightly from Tianjun's punishment, because  Zu Ti helped his snake wife from the pagoda (LS epilogue), otherwise she would have perished in there. He is lucky. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Yes, it is a pity. Gun gun was not there either to witness his parents getting married in spectacular way. Sign...:(

But at least we and the sacred tree of god king also remember. Surely, DH can ask Fuzi to add that in history book LOL. 

Sadly there was a war that time. FJ did promise in ch6 to bring BGG when it's safer or more quiet to visit the camp. As it is, Fu Ying and his spies were waiting in the sly, timing the attack on this particular wedding. It would have been lovely if BGG was there, but even FJ got afraid of what she had seen.

Lian Song narrated in ELOD and in the novel that battles during the ancient times were way more vicious and bloody compared to recent wars. Definitely true, just by reading how the dragons/beasts perished. Nor would the enemies get reprieve after surrendering. Fu Ying and the Lords of the Ghosts and Monsters were executed using Cang'he.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Not one Tianjun is a God King.  :glasses: 

I wonder are the wedding robes and crown still hidden somewhere at Bihai Changlin? 

Deep purple with a hint of red. I like that. I like the illustrations in the PB. Do we know who he or she is?

True.. If this PB extra can be made in drama. How would CGI look like. Gigantic tree, jade stage, among the battle filed with those mystical creatures and Changhe sword(s)........  :)

@RomulanThis rumour is not true. Tang Qi has not plagiarised other work. She won in court. 

There is still this believe around internet, I found the article around when I searched for more information about PB. I don't know why no one takes that article down. 

I believe the hamster version is not completed either. It lacks of several bits about FJ/DH etc.  Do you have a chance to read TTSK?

I wish we could get the formal and proper English translation in the future. I also want exact illustration as per original books. Not like TTSK.  In my opinion, translating TQ works from Chinese to English is much harder than translating Amanda Gorman's

Where does this come from? Is it in the book? I don't recall Zhe Yan has ever think like that. In the book he dotes on BQ. It was more of Tianjun wants an ally with the Bai family. 

Sang Ji got off lightly from Tianjun's punishment, because  Zu Ti helped his snake wife from the pagoda (LS epilogue), otherwise she would have perished in there. He is lucky. 

Not zu ti, the lotus fairy - she is the vessel that contains the essence breath of both zu ti and shao wan, that’s why when she died both gods returned.

BGG couldn’t be there for his safety, they were taking their vows in the middle of a warzone, the wedding is a symbol of their union, making it permanent, and the symbolic meaning was more important to them both than the fanfare and it was  also used as a strategy to lure the bad guys out. It was a trap for Fu Ying.

DH is smart. This wedding allowed him to 1) cement his vows with his one and only 2) repay the regret that they did not actually have a wedding banquet or ceremony 3) smoke his enemies out and defeat them.

You can also see his ruthlessness in chapter 7, he beheaded all three of them, Fu Ying and the two other race leaders.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

There's a translated TQ answers to fan questions n the blog on DH's form. :) Check it here: Q & A #2

@Diana L Also here https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/how-are-the-gods-and-immortals-in-the-three-lives-three-worlds-universe-born

This is a good read. My tip is to read this from computer not mobile phone as it is long to read :)

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Not zu ti, the lotus fairy - she is the vessel that contains the essence breath of both zu ti and shao wan, that’s why when she died both gods returned.

I know he is fated with Zu Ti but this makes me wonder, did LS fall in love with Zu Ti or Shao wan? But he ended up with Zu Ti.  That lotus fairy was in love with Sang Ji? Sang Ji did not do anything to repay her at all giving that she helped his wife to survive. 

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

BGG couldn’t be there for his safety, they were taking their vows in the middle of a warzone, the wedding is a symbol of their union, making it permanent, and the symbolic meaning was more important to them both than the fanfare and it was  also used as a strategy to lure the bad guys out. It was a trap for Fu Ying.

DH is smart. This wedding allowed him to 1) cement his vows with his one and only 2) repay the regret that they did not actually have a wedding banquet or ceremony 3) smoke his enemies out and defeat them.

Yes, I got that it is unsafe for BGG to be in the war zone. It was the right decision not to bring him. I would do the same.

Totally. DH is so smart. :wub:

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

You can also see his ruthlessness in chapter 7, he beheaded all three of them, Fu Ying and the two other race leaders.

Yes. Now I see his ruthless side well. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pesca said:

I know its not true. I saw the article first when looking for english translations and then did my investigating and saw court case was won.  But Hamster hasnt put stuff back up unfortunately.

I dont know what books Amanda Gorman writes?   But no Ive not read TTSK yet, need to get a copy but i saw so many people with complaints about stuff missing in the translated edition as well as comments that alot of nuances were left out so I was trying to see if there was somewhere else to read an English version but it doesnt seem like it.

Re: Zhe Lan  in the drama there is 1st the time where Si Yin gets told by Lord of Numerous Treasures that the TianJun is asking Zhe Lan to assist in negoistations regarding the marriage talks.   Later when there is the incident with the snake maiden/Sang Ji,    Bai Zhi complains to Zhe Lan and blames him for it partially. 

So its kinda like the 2nd chapter of back to the chaos. where rather than it being his own idea, he instead was asked to help open communications/relay message. type thing. 

To me his ruthlessness was also not accepting a letter of surrender as he saw clearly that they would just do this again. He put out a lesson that was also a warning to everyone else in the realms!

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Seeing how Dong Hua immediately adopted Feng Jiu as a pet, do you think he adopts every furry creature he comes across?

No.. but I think he does pet them .

This fox though had clearly shown up at his place and fainted -clearly it was in need of a home.

Lol. love BGG's reaction and the subsequent reactions to everyone else..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pesca said:

@Diana L Also here https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/how-are-the-gods-and-immortals-in-the-three-lives-three-worlds-universe-born

This is a good read. My tip is to read this from computer not mobile phone as it is long to read :)

I know he is fated with Zu Ti but this makes me wonder, did LS fall in love with Zu Ti or Shao wan? But he ended up with Zu Ti.  That lotus fairy was in love with Sang Ji? Sang Ji did not do anything to repay her at all giving that she helped his wife to survive. 

Lian Song essentially fell in love with Cheng Yu whom he did not know was Zu Ti. The reason why she went to live several lifetimes as a mortal was because she knew her future. She saw her destiny with Lian Song but because she is born from

light she does not know how to love. So she decided to become a mortal for several lifetimes to know what love is. Ironically, she met her fated one in her last lifetime as a mortal, Cheng Yu. 

Lian Song has no romantic feelings for the Lotus Fairy. She was merely a friend. This flower fairy was only a vessel, it was why she was created. She is neither Shao Wan or Zu Ti, just a body they placed their breath. When she expires the 2 dormant ancients will return. This was preplanned between Shao Wan, Zu Ti and Xie Ming.

Sad to say but it was time for the ancients to return and so this was destiny’s doing, that she has to die for them to come back.

Yes, I got that it is unsafe for BGG to be in the war zone. It was the right decision not to bring him. I would do the same.

Totally. DH is so smart. :wub:

Yes. Now I see his ruthless side well. :)

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sadly there was a war that time. FJ did promise in ch6 to bring BGG when it's safer or more quiet to visit the camp. As it is, Fu Ying and his spies were waiting in the sly, timing the attack on this particular wedding. It would have been lovely if BGG was there, but even FJ got afraid of what she had seen.

It was not just a wedding, it was also a trap set for Fu Ying to swallow and he did hook, line and sinker. Dong Hua had to be ruthless because he cannot let Fu Ying live, otherwise he will not stop his ambitions. That man is corrupted beyond hope. Remember how I said Dong Hua was just biding his time, one by one the rot will be cleared. 

Lian Song narrated in ELOD and in the novel that battles during the ancient times were way more vicious and bloody compared to recent wars. Definitely true, just by reading how the dragons/beasts perished. Nor would the enemies get reprieve after surrendering. Fu Ying and the Lords of the Ghosts and Monsters were executed using Cang'he.

Yes, and this frightened the elders so they voted to strip him of his military power. Like I said a few pages back, this was a chess game. A political game if strategy. Dong Hua will eventually get rid of them as well. 

Dong Hua left and went back to the Heavenly Jade Sea but that’s not the end of the story, in fact its the beginning of his journey to become King of the Gods.

You could say this outtake is like a prologue to TPB.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Yes, and this frightened the elders so they voted to strip him of his military power. Like I said a few pages back, this was a chess game. A political game if strategy. Dong Hua will eventually get rid of them as well. 

Dong Hua left and went back to the Heavenly Jade Sea but that’s not the end of the story, in fact its the beginning of his journey to become King of the Gods.

Lol. clever way to not get sucked into the stupid nitty gritty while giving the elders leyway to show their true colors. Not to mention its so typical.. people want the person who can do the ruthless things until the threat is gone and then want to just get rid of the ruthless person because it reminds them that they didnt achieve the result themselves. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

He knew them so well. DH himself said that they were so happy when he left. Just because they need him now doesn't mean that how they regard him will also change. 

These elders are so transparent and easily read because they haven't the decency to curb their habit of posturing in their quest for more power and recognitions they don't deserve nor should have. LOL

45 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Lol. clever way to not get sucked into the stupid nitty gritty while giving the elders leyway to show their true colors. Not to mention its so typical.. people want the person who can do the ruthless things until the threat is gone and then want to just get rid of the ruthless person because it reminds them that they didnt achieve the result themselves. 

Little do they know that when these elders thought they outmaneuvered DH, they would find out they were outplayed from the very start. ^_^

9 hours ago, Pesca said:

He was bold enough to openly defy Tianjun for Shao Xin, and at least his wife was as devoted for him. So he was indeed fortunate, whatever others say that he wasted for not honoring the engagement to BQ. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Romulan said:

I dont know what books Amanda Gorman writes? 

She attended Barak Obama inauguration which gave her a chance to show case her poem. I didn't know her until there was an uproar about which Dutch and Spanish Writers will translate her piece into Dutch and Spanish respectively.

The uproar is about both writers being white not black, and not young female which is mad. Both Dutch and Spanish writers are more than qualified to do the task.  What I am comparing is English, Dutch and Spanish are very similar. Therefore, translating from English to Dutch / Spanish is much easier than Chinese to English as Chinese and English are so different.

So, my compliments to both @Ninky and @UnluckyWhiteCat that give us such a beautiful translation of the PB.

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ninky, from the timeline in the blog, Lian Song was born 90,000 years ago, so he's roughly similar age with Zhi He. I'm sort of speculating that there could be some event afterwards to celebrate 3rd Prince birth and the ceasing of the floods. That's when Zhi He's parents met DH again, and when she was willed to him to raise her.

This does not make sense. Let assume that they are 30,000 years older than DH, Zhi He's parents must be around 340,000 at the the time LS was born (i.e. 90,000 years ago). So they have very long life. That is 3 generations of normal fairy right? 

So may be they had an egg and gave it to Chu Yi before they passed away and then Chu Yi gave to DH before she passed away? Or simply gave to DH and it was not hatched for a very long time?

• Like 1

@Romulan looks like we have gone into the same process in search for 3L3W. :) 

I think in the end I have more information from people in this forum as well as reading ELOD blog.. So many things in the drama are different than in the book.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pesca said:

This does not make sense. Let assume that they are 30,000 years older than DH, Zhi He's parents must be around 340,000 at the the time LS was born (i.e. 90,000 years ago). So they have very long life. That is 3 generations of normal fairy right? 

So may be they had an egg and gave it to Chu Yi before they passed away and then Chu Yi gave to DH before she passed away? Or simply gave to DH and it was not hatched for a very long time?

They're Earth immortals who were about to die when they conceived Zhi He. If they had Chu Yi early on, then it's possible that Chu Yi don't have much time either to look after the younger sibling. Or they would rather have DH take care of the foster sibling since 1) he certainly would 2) he can provide the care and more 3) they aren't still in good terms with Chu Yi.

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I didn’t have a mother or father when I was little. When I was born, my spiritual energy was weak and I was almost ripped apart for a meal by tigers and wolves. Zhi’he’s parents took pity on me and took me home to raise, and I owe them the gratitude of kindly meals. Just before they passed away  90,000 years ago, they finally conceived Zhi’he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her. I taught her...” Perhaps it had been so long ago that he himself was struggling with the details. (APB1, p206)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Just before they passed away  90,000 years ago, they finally conceived Zhi’he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her.

Yes, that when DH was 310,000 years old, right? So let's assume, if the Zhi He parents are 20,000-30,000 years older than DH. They must have passed away at 330,000-340,000 years old. At the absolute minimum will be 310,500 (if they met DH when they were merely 500 years old)

Being an earth immortal can they live that long? Fei Wei has already passed away long before them.

@Ninky I have been reading ELOD blog PB extra chapter 3, what stand-out is the BGG art work. That is fantastic. The details on his face, the sparkle in his eyes. I also like the detailed drawing of his hairs, hands, costume etc. So original.  Don't know how you did it.

Well Done!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Yes, that when DH was 310,000 years old, right? So let's assume, if the Zhi He parents are 20,000-30,000 years older than DH. They must have passed away at 330,000-340,000 years old. At the absolute minimum will be 310,500 (if they met DH when they were merely 500 years old)

Being an earth immortal can they live that long? Fei Wei has already passed away long before them.

@Ninky I have been reading ELOD blog PB extra chapter 3, what stand-out is the BGG art work. That is fantastic. The details on his face, the sparkle in his eyes. I also like the detailed drawing of his hairs, hands, costume etc. So original.  Don't know how you did it.

Well Done!!

Hey Pesca, that artwork was by the artteam for the series. This particular one only had minor edits from me. Thank the ELOD marketing team in China! :)

it was a fitting chapter to use this particular piece. I just hope our translation gave Tang Qi justice as I have tried to follow her prose as much as I can.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Well Done!!

The earth immortals can live long. Only the Biyiniao clan was an anomaly due to their delicate and fragile nature, having only a thousand years to live.

From your remark on BGG artwork, I belatedly noticed that the drawn character posters weren't posted, or it's somewhere in the thread buried. :sweatingbullets: If you would like to see all, I can post the rest.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

57 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

They're Earth immortals who were about to die when they conceived Zhi He. If they had Chu Yi early on, then it's possible that Chu Yi don't have much time either to look after the younger sibling. Or they would rather have DH take care of the foster sibling since 1) he certainly would 2) he can provide the care and more 3) they aren't still in good terms with Chu Yi.

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I didn’t have a mother or father when I was little. When I was born, my spiritual energy was weak and I was almost ripped apart for a meal by tigers and wolves. Zhi’he’s parents took pity on me and took me home to raise, and I owe them the gratitude of kindly meals. Just before they passed away  90,000 years ago, they finally conceived Zhi’he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her. I taught her...” Perhaps it had been so long ago that he himself was struggling with the details. (APB1, p206)

Is this hamster’s translation?

anyway, i think they rather believe Dong Hua owes them. They didn’t treat him well. It is implied by Tang Qi in the Chinese version that all they provided for him were meals, no love nothing. I think i have quoted in chinese and translated this to show that somewhere in these forum pages. Ill try to find it.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Is this hamster’s translation?

The one annotated by @UnluckyWhiteCat. There's a discrepancy with Hamster's: 

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I was a parentless child. In the beginning when I first sprang forth from the Blue Sea, I didn't have enough fairy energy and was at the mercy of wild beasts. Zhihe's parents brought me home in sympathy and raised me up out of good grace. Ninety-thousand years later, just before they passed away, they finally conceived Zhi'he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her...” (PB1, p266)

That "later" is puzzling, since later means there's a "when" to refer to. From the sentence construction, it is as if it is pointing out that that was when DH was taken in by the crane couple.

I differentiate the annotated (APB) to Hamster's (PB) when quoting. Generally I'd still quote Hamster's since that is the text most have, unless the annotated version has the more proper translation.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1