[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

I imagine there's facination as well as irritation that stem from being forced out of their comfort zones. :) 

I wonder what Mo Yuan was like most because of his super calm image. What lies beneath I wonder...

LMAO, I think it's a bit hilarious that they are infamously clashing a lot because they don't want to accept they're head over heels in love to each other.

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

It's funny how both Shao Wan and Bai Qian's first impression of Mo Yuan was that he is effeminate. Even though Bai Qian had very childish expectations and Shao Wan thinks all beautiful men are effeminate... :lol: it did effect my view of him. I wonder if that'll change when reading Lotus Step. 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I still think FJ leaving was justified in the drama. From FJ's POV, DH did appear to pick JH over her many times. FJ may put up a brave front, that the past is over and it didn't matter anymore, but it was a traumatic experience for her. The emotional trauma is hard to ignore and she handled the situation the best that she could.

I agree. It was justified in the drama. DH appeared to treat JH differently. (also when compared with ZH)

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

In my opinion, it doesn't help that her best friend, the silly Yan Chi Wu frequently reinforces the idea the Dong Hua likes Ji Heng, making it worse. I remember Dong Hua asking her many times if she has a misunderstanding of him both in drama and in the books. Due to the trauma her red fox body was put through because of Ji Heng's pet, she might have developed a kind of PTSD towards Ji Heng as well.

Also agree. 

She got hurt many times physically and emotionally. 

In my opinion, TQ punished DH too harshly (he didn't know anything until LS told him and only in Aranya dream he realised the extent of what FJ has done for him, plus the fact that he has no fate with FJ to start with), FJ and BGG also suffered. But the one who should be punished has not been punished. JH should have been reincarnated over and over and suffered the same karma (that was serious evil act she did because of her selfishness- mortals/immortals could have been perished).    

PB book is timeless but it is such a sad book make me cry buckets... I really look forward to read the PB extra. 

In Bodhi fate, why did Moyuan decide to take a bride? Does he love her?  Or he decides to move on after 260,000 years? I don't understand his logic. How old was MY in the PB extra?  

• Blob 3

6 hours ago, Pesca said:

But the one who should be punished has not been punished. JH should have been reincarnated over and over and suffered the same karma (that was serious evil act she did because of her selfishness- mortals/immortals could have been perished).    

I rather think the time of real Karma for Ji Heng didn't come yet. IMO, let it be that she seems off the hook lightly for the meantime, but that someone else, not through the hands of Dong Hua or Feng Jiu, or certain circumstances will give her that punishment.

There are 4 more books in the 3L3W. If she doesn't get the payback for her nasty and delusional self-centred self in Lotus Steps,  or Bodhi Fate, it could happen in Xiao Yan's book.

6 hours ago, Pesca said:

In Bodhi fate, why did Moyuan decide to take a bride? Does he love her?  Or he decides to move on after 260,000 years? I don't understand his logic. How old was MY in the PB extra?  

Though it's unknown yet why Bodhi Fate prologue is of Shao Wan waking up on the day of his wedding, the immortals either marry due to love, or due to a prior arrangement/agreement. Ye Hua and Bai Qian themselves were engaged due to strategic alliance; fortunately they were truly in love with each other.

Dong Hua and Feng Jiu were undestined, never even meant to see each other all their lives, yet it only took that one chance to finally see each other for them to later on become a true fated couple.

Hope that in the later parts of Lotus Steps immortal arc, there will be some hints why Mo Yuan is getting married. ^_^ On whether because he moved on from Shao Wan after more than 260,000, or he has feelings for his bride, or the marriage was fixed for them, we can only speculate as of now.

Age would be some tens of thousands years younger than Dong Hua. In Bodhi Fate prologue, Mo Yuan is 360,000.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hope that in the later parts of Lotus Steps immortal arc, there will be some hints why Mo Yuan is getting married. ^_^ On whether because he moved on from Shao Wan after more than 260,000, or he has feelings for his bride, or the marriage was fixed for them, we can only speculate as of now.

I hardly believe MY has any actual feelings towards his bride. Most likely a alliance of some sort.

It's same way if you said DH developed feelings for Ji heng. Yikes.

The circumstances were definitely there with DH knowing her longer than FJ, watching and protecting JH her whole life.etc. But obviously the only person who create feelings of romantic love within DH is FJ only.

The same way I believe even more so for SW and MY since their relationship - unlike DH & FJ- probably has a lot more fate. I would believe it more if MY actually had feelings for BQ than his unnamed bride but thankfully that never happened.:unamused:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

It's funny how both Shao Wan and Bai Qian's first impression of Mo Yuan was that he is effeminate. Even though Bai Qian had very childish expectations and Shao Wan thinks all beautiful men are effeminate... :lol: it did effect my view of him. I wonder if that'll change when reading Lotus Step. 

You know I have a strong feeling Bai Qian reminded him of Shao Wan. But he really did not love Bai Qian. He definitely still has Shao Wan in his heart. Why else would he go missing for so long after the 700 year old war and threw everything away to seclude himself. Dong Hua basically had to fill his void.

55 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I hardly believe MY has any actual feelings towards his bride. Most likely a alliance of some sort.

The circumstances were definitely there with DH knowing her longer than FJ, watching and protecting JH her whole life.etc. But obviously the only person who create feelings of romantic love within DH is FJ only.

The same way I believe even more so for SW and MY since their relationship - unlike DH & FJ- probably has a lot more fate. I would believe it more if MY actually had feelings for BQ than his unnamed bride but thankfully that never happened.:unamused:

Also Tang Qi may change the way the story opens as the current draft she showed us was written a long time ago. Shao Wan is closely related to the characters introduced in Lotus Step as the three women were good friends. Xie Ming was in the same groupie as Shao Wan at Water Marsh School and Shao Wan was good friends with Zu Ti as well.

6 hours ago, Pesca said:

I agree. It was justified in the drama. DH appeared to treat JH differently. (also when compared with ZH)

Also agree. 

She got hurt many times physically and emotionally. 

In my opinion, TQ punished DH too harshly (he didn't know anything until LS told him and only in Aranya dream he realised the extent of what FJ has done for him, plus the fact that he has no fate with FJ to start with), FJ and BGG also suffered. But the one who should be punished has not been punished. JH should have been reincarnated over and over and suffered the same karma (that was serious evil act she did because of her selfishness- mortals/immortals could have been perished).    

PB book is timeless but it is such a sad book make me cry buckets... I really look forward to read the PB extra. 

I still think the author did still make a good decision regarding the separation of 200 years. You can't change somebody's memories without consequences. Furthermore Lian Song tried to talk him out of that because he felt that there will be repercussions. He was warned but he still went ahead. So when Feng Jiu got all her memories back she was completely disoriented and struggled to tell fact from fiction. That and listening to her grandfather get all angry about Dong Hua holding Ji Heng in his arms when he sent her back to the demon lands.

I can only imagine the pain she went through and then finding out she was pregnant all at the same time. She cried and cried for a very long time in the book. I cried along with her as well.

Tang Qi has said changing someone's memories is a very violent way of solving the problem. She didn't punish him for anything else, just the fact that he lied to her from the start and the fact that he changed her memories. He took a shortcut only to pay for it later.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

You know I have a strong feeling Bai Qian reminded him of Shao Wan. But he really did not love Bai Qian. He definitely still has Shao Wan in his heart. Why else would he go missing for so long after the 700 year old war and threw everything away to seclude himself. Dong Hua basically had to fill his void.

Also Tang Qi may change the way the story opens as the current draft she showed us was written a long time ago. Shao Wan is closely related to the characters introduced in Lotus Step as the three women were good friends. Xie Ming was in the same groupie as Shao Wan at Water Marsh School and Shao Wan was good friends with Zu Ti as well.

I think he didnt have Romantic love for Bai Qian (despite the way the drama hinted at it) I do think that he did have love, but it was more in the master/2nd father and disciple/daughter type of love.  Besides I think she kept Kunlun from being boring with her mischievous ways.

I wish we had gotten to see more of the abilities /things learned from Kunlun. (especially magic!) in the drama. 

I sorta hope to see Shao Wen and Bai Qian meet and hit it off somehow.  (and seeing Mo Yuan's reaction to those 2 teaming up at all.

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

If u read chapter one of the outtake, you can see that Mo Yuan is an accomplished strategist and warrior. That's why TQ already said Mo Yuan = Dong Hua then the rest of the immortals behind them. 

10 minutes ago, Romulan said:

I think he didnt have Romantic love for Bai Qian (despite the way the drama hinted at it) I do think that he did have love, but it was more in the master/2nd father and disciple/daughter type of love.  Besides I think she kept Kunlun from being boring with her mischievous ways.

I wish we had gotten to see more of the abilities /things learned from Kunlun. (especially magic!) in the drama. 

I sorta hope to see Shao Wen and Bai Qian meet and hit it off somehow.  (and seeing Mo Yuan's reaction to those 2 teaming up at all.

Completely agree. He saw her as a disciple he really liked. It's a kind of Fatherly love. But in some ways, she probably reminded him of Shao Wan who was also a very vivacious person. 

Shao Wan and Mo Yuan are around the same age. So this is really the only couple that don't have a significant age gap. Zu Ti is a lot older than Lian Song :D (in reverse to Dong Hua and Feng Jiu, in this case the girl is older around 200,000++ years older)  :isannoyed:

• Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

For some reason, it rather feels to me that Mo Yuan was getting married in the Bodhi Fate prologue as assistance for his brother Ye Hua and Bai Qian.

He didn't have to but would get married for their sake. Perhaps it is a similar situation many years ago when Xuyang in the book tried to arrange a marriage for his sister with either Lian Song or Dong Hua.

With Ye Hua as Crown Prince and future Sky Lord, his position must be still mired of people who want a piece of him, despite his happily married status with Bai Qian. Monogamous marriage is incomprehensible to others. They can also risk offending Qing Qiu in the name of gains if they succeed.

I think the 3L3W is getting more and more exciting as the storytelling advance and expand to more characters.

:fullofhearts:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

For some reason, it rather feels to me that Mo Yuan was getting married in the Bodhi Fate prologue as assistance for his brother Ye Hua and Bai Qian.

He didn't have to but would get married for their sake. Perhaps it is a similar situation many years ago when Xuyang in the book tried to arrange a marriage for his sister with either Lian Song or Dong Hua.

With Ye Hua as Crown Prince and future Sky Lord, his position must be still mired of people who want a piece of him, despite his happily married status with Bai Qian. Monogamous marriage is incomprehensible to others. They can also risk offending Qing Qiu in the name of gains if they succeed.

I think the 3L3W is getting more and more exciting as the storytelling advance and expand to more characters.

:fullofhearts:

Hmm. I saw a translated outtake in the Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms that had a TJ birthday party that was also celebrating Ye Hua reawakening.  And there were alot of immortals who hoped that there could be another consort added.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Hmm. I saw a translated outtake in the Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms that had a TJ birthday party that was also celebrating Ye Hua reawakening.  And there were alot of immortals who hoped that there could be another consort added.

Knowing Ye Hua's devotion to Bai Qian, that will NEVER happen! Actually Xiao Bai is the luckier fox. Firstly she married a retired immortal, so she has lots of time to have fun with her hubby. In some older one shots, Ye Hua is always busy and Bai Qian was a little envious that Feng Jiu had more time for fun LOL.

----------------------------

Another Snippet from Chapter Two translation....and no wonder these two were besties....

Hence, in the first few years of school, Dong Hua and Shao Wan failed in almost every subject that relied on note taking, ranging from sacred literature, mathematics to historiography. The only reason they were not repeating their year level were all due to excellent grades in archery, combat and spell casting pulling their averages up. It was quite apparent that they were really good at fighting.

LMAO! I shake my head at these two..... seriously man! Can you imagine, one became the Master of Heaven and Earth, the other one had so much compassion for humans that she sacrificed herself for them?

Good news is Chapter Two will probably be posted within the next few days as I am on the final parts of translating this chapter.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Knowing Ye Hua's devotion to Bai Qian, that will NEVER happen! Actually Xiao Bai is the luckier fox. Firstly she married a retired immortal, so she has lots of time to have fun with her hubby. In some older one shots, Ye Hua is always busy and Bai Qian was a little envious that Feng Jiu had more time for fun LOL.

True that! and whatever responsiblities that BQ will be taking over.  Also A'Li and Ye Hua viaing for her attention, and her getting pregnant again.

I am curious what happens when Fox family finds out that A'Li is her full son and not step-son.

https://horafuki.livejournal.com/107232.html

Anyone seem to notice how frequently immortals like to sleep? --lol.

29 minutes ago, Romulan said:

True that! and whatever responsiblities that BQ will be taking over.  Also A'Li and Ye Hua viaing for her attention, and her getting pregnant again.

I am curious what happens when Fox family finds out that A'Li is her full son and not step-son.

https://horafuki.livejournal.com/107232.html

Anyone seem to notice how frequently immortals like to sleep? --lol.

Thing is some ancients chose to sleep for a period of time from time to time so they will not fade. There are many ways to prevent fading and sleeping is one of them. And immortals are also able to come back if they leave just 5% of their essence behind.

Case in Point 1) Dong Hua wanted to use this method to purify the Miao Yi Hui Ming Realm and go into a deep sleep with Feng Jiu. Case in point 2) Zu Ti and Shao Wan both put their breath (which contain their essence into a fairy they created, the Red Lotus Fairy from the prologue of Lotus Step. When this fairy died, both ancients began to awaken. Case in point 3) Although Xie Ming had sacrificed herself by transforming her body into the Underworld, she will be able to come back because she would have left some of herself behind as well.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

38 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Thing is some ancients chose to sleep for a period of time from time to time so they will not fade.

But why did Zhihe’s parents fade? They knew they had a daughter. Why not try to prevent fading?

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Thing is some ancients chose to sleep for a period of time from time to time so they will not fade. There are many ways to prevent fading and sleeping is one of them. And immortals are also able to come back if they leave just 5% of their essence behind.

Case in Point 1) Dong Hua wanted to use this method to purify the Miao Yi Hui Ming Realm and go into a deep sleep with Feng Jiu. Case in point 2) Zu Ti and Shao Wan both put their breath (which contain their essence into a fairy they created, the Red Lotus Fairy from the prologue of Lotus Step. When this fairy died, both ancients began to awaken. Case in point 3) Although Xie Ming had sacrificed herself by transforming her body into the Underworld, she will be able to come back because she would have left some of herself behind as well.

Why didnt he sleep while Feng Jiu was asleep?

Also how many different methods are there to not fade?

What causes them to fade?

26 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Why didnt he sleep while Feng Jiu was asleep?

Also how many different methods are there to not fade?

What causes them to fade?

An immortal lives seemingly forever but its not infinite. Most of the time they fade when they are a) killed b)exhausted their primodial essence c) it's their time. Not every immortal wants to prevent fading as immortality can become pretty trying after living for a very long time. And many believe in the laws of nature. Living for so long already defies this so some will just give in and fade into the chaos world (e.g Mother and Father God).

Read through the Q & A we posted. Dong Hua did not want to miss anymore time with Feng Jiu and also did not want to miss his son's childhood so instead of sleeping for 400 years to regain his cultivation he lost on killing Miao Luo, he chose the slower method of recovery through entering seclusion for 3 months out of every year for the next 1,000 years. So it's almost twice as long doing it the way he chose to.

And to answer your question, sleeping for several months won't help, he needed to sleep for 400-500 years if he chose that method .

My last post did show the various methods. It all revolves around leaving at least 5% of your essence around and it will find a way to return. One is sleep, two is putting your essence in another living being (method used by Shao Wan and Zu T), and whatever way that Tang Qi will show us with Xie Ming. Also Mo Yuan shattered his soul on the bell but he was able to piece it back together over 70,000 years and came back to life.

50 minutes ago, Megan said:

But why did Zhihe’s parents fade? They knew they had a daughter. Why not try to prevent fading?

They are earth immortals. Turns out the outtake did mention that her parents are from the crane tribe which is a kind of bird. They aren't super long lived immortals but they live much longer than Bi Yi Niaos.

• Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

They are earth immortals. Turns out the outtake did mention that her parents are from the crane tribe which is a kind of bird. They aren't super long lived immortals but they live much longer than Bi Yi Niaos.

A fox is more cuddly than a crane. Just saying, LOL!

Wasn't the actress for Zhi He also a bird in Ashes of Love? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2