[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Except for a few clips, I haven't seen AOL yet. I've read somewhere though the similarities of both roles she acted out.

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Except for a few clips, I haven't seen AOL yet. I've read somewhere though the similarities of both roles she acted out.

Yep, similar but worse person. Its on amazon prime, netflix, and youtube currently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Her character in AOL was more fleshed out. Very similar character. I did felt some sort of empathy for her AOL character but none for Zhi He.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Her character in AOL was more fleshed out. Very similar character. I did felt some sort of empathy for her AOL character but none for Zhi He.

I was amused by her character in AOL. She's not a typical annoying woman like Soo Jin, JH, and Zhi He. Maybe because in AOL, the main character was the most annoying. But her end at AOL was too sadistic, even for all her misdeeds. It would have been better if this outcome had been invented for JX, then I was more satisfied than this five-minute nonsense.

The funny thing is that the names of her heroines are similar. In ELOD, she is Zhi He, in AOL, her name is Sui He.:smiley:

• LOL 4

15 hours ago, Ninky said:

They are earth immortals. Turns out the outtake did mention that her parents are from the crane tribe which is a kind of bird. They aren't super long lived immortals but they live much longer than Bi Yi Niaos.

FJ was spot on...the bird droppings did compliment her -_-

• LOL 3

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Would Ali's dragon size be a problem? And the difference in their sizes. :lol:

Naw, remember that Ye Hua could resize himself down to a small snake size. 

I could see Ali looping around  Bai's GunGun's neck and then rest his chin in Gun Gun's head fur.  Silver and black - very nice colors! (silver 9 tailed fox and black dragon)

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, Romulan said:

I could see Ali looping around  Bai's GunGun's neck and then rest his chin in Gun Gun's head fur.  Silver and black - very nice colors! (silver 9 tailed fox and black dragon)

The game of hide and seek for these two would be very interesting. :D

• Awesome 1

47 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Eeek so cute! Silver Fox Cub and a small dragon! I can just imagine!

• Wiggle 1

Announcement~

Hello everyone! I know I haven't been around lately, but I've been working on a translation of Back to Chaos in a Dream! I have all nine chapters of the story fully translated already, so I'm just waiting for someone who shall remain anonymous to finish proofreading right now! The first two chapters are completely done so I've posted them at the link below. I'll get the rest up as the proofreading is finished and I make my final edits, so hopefully everything will be up within the next two or so weeks depending on how everything goes. 

https://anunluckywhitecat.wordpress.com/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream/

If I've make any boo-boo's, I apologize in advance, but if I catch anything, I will update it!

I would also like to thank @sakuracherryblossom for being kind enough to link me to a copy of the text, without whom I wouldn't have been able to read it much less translate!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Announcement~

Hello everyone! I know I haven't been around lately, but I've been working on a translation of Back to Chaos in a Dream! I have all nine chapters of the story fully translated already, so I'm just waiting for someone who shall remain anonymous to finish proofreading right now! The first two chapters are completely done so I've posted them at the link below. I'll get the rest up as the proofreading is finished and I make my final edits, so hopefully everything will be up within the next two or so weeks depending on how everything goes. 

https://anunluckywhitecat.wordpress.com/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream/

If I've make any boo-boo's, I apologize in advance, but if I catch anything, I will update it!

I would also like to thank @sakuracherryblossom for being kind enough to link me to a copy of the text, without whom I wouldn't have been able to read it much less translate!

The thing is is there any point for me to continue on blog? I have posted one chapter but i will finish the rest. There might be differences in the way we translate however.

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The thing is is there any point for me to continue on blog? I have posted one chapter but i will finish the rest. There might be differences in the way we translate however.

Of course there is! I know that I for one appreciate when there are multiple iterations of translations precisely because every translator does it a little differently. That's how you get a better idea of a story, just because every translation is a bit different from another. ^_^

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Of course there is! I know that I for one appreciate when there are multiple iterations of translations precisely because every translator does it a little differently. That's how you get a better idea of a story, just because every translation is a bit different from another. ^_^

I will still get my chapters up, so people can just read both versions. I have a slightly different interpretation of her text. I briefly read through yours, mine is different in some areas. I had to translate from the book so I can't copy paste.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

40 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I will still get my chapters up, so people can just read both versions. I have a slightly different interpretation of her text. I briefly read through yours, mine is different in some areas. I had to translate from the book so I can't copy paste.

I actually didn't have a digital text to work off of either. I actually transcribed the text from an image of each page on my own, so I ran it through a converter and then cleaned it up word by word, before I started translating it, cause I'm pretty sure a digital version doesn't actually exist right now, and I can't get a physical copy of the book either. Wouldn't that make life so much easier though, if there were a digital version I could just buy? ^_^ It took me like a week just to transcribe, but I honestly thought it would take several, so it was a lot quicker than I originally thought, but it definitely made it easier to work from. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

I actually didn't have a digital text to work off of either. I actually transcribed the text from an image of each page on my own, so I ran it through a converter and then cleaned it up word by word, before I started translating it, cause I'm pretty sure a digital version doesn't actually exist right now, and I can't get a physical copy of the book either. Wouldn't that make life so much easier though, if there were a digital version I could just buy? ^_^ It took me like a week just to transcribe, but I honestly thought it would take several, so it was a lot quicker than I originally thought, but it definitely made it easier to work from. 

There will be ebooks 6 months after the paperbacks. Your style of translation is quite a lot different to mine. For me I also consider the characters motivations and feelings which is why it's good to have the 2 versions. Everyone understands the same text slightly differently as well. 

20 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

I got my physical version via Tao Bao. But I read it several times before I start translating.

• Like 4