[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Remember how Feng Jiu uses Bai Zhen’s pins to trade with Zhe Yan for information?

i am picturing Gun Gun trading his share of Feng Jiu’s homemade candy for favours from father lord.

I wonder if Dong Hua will ever get fat from the candy...

I got another bit done, from this page also posted on Weibo: 

c4tN92A.jpg

… very small. Our family only has you, father, 400,000 years old,” he carefully tried to recall how Jiujiu had described herself at that time, and very quickly figuring it out, he fisted his small right hand and rapped his right leg with it, and reiterated with certainty, “Jiujiu said herself that she’s very young, that she’s father’s beautiful young wife.”

The three words “beautiful young wife” made Dijun’s face go blank. 

High God Zheyan chuckled. “You’re so young, do you know what beautiful young wife means?”

Gungun put his teacup down. “Mmm,” he waved his hand. Without a trace of doubt, “Of course I know. Jiujiu said that when she only just reached the age to begin discussing marriage, she married father. So young and full of life, and even so beautiful, so she’s a beautiful young wife.” 

A bit of skepticism emerged from Dijun’s blank expression: “So exactly how much difference is there in age between your mother and I?”

Gungun did the math in his head: “370,000 years.”

Dijun was silent for a moment. His expression grave, “Did you say an extra ‘thousand [technically 万, which is 10,000, but doesn’t work in English]?’” 

Gungun shook his head. To show that he was a trustworthy person, he copied his father and put on a grave expression. “No.” He very carefully explained this arithmetic problem to his father, “Father, you married mother when you were 400,000 years old. At that time, mother was 30,000 years old. It’s 400,000 minus 30,000, so it’s 370,000.” He added another sentence, “Not 370 [again, because 万 is 10,000, it should be 37 here, but it translates very awkwardly if I try to retain it].” 

Once again, Dijun was silent for a moment. He seemed a little distracted. “Why is our age difference so large and I still married her? Was I forced to?” 

---

LOL. Like someone could force him to do anything? :lol:

really wish I had the rest of this conversation now.

:criesariver:

Next will be another snippet which I think comes from this same conversation, although I can't say whether it comes from before or after this!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

6 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Once again, Dijun was silent for a moment. He seemed a little distracted. “Why is our age difference so large and I still married her? Was I forced to?

Gun Gun: No. mother told me you were shameless and tricked her into marrying you. 
Zhe Yan: shameless. Yup that sounds like you.

• LOL 3
  • Blob 2

57 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Once again, Dijun was silent for a moment. He seemed a little distracted. “Why is our age difference so large and I still married her? Was I forced to?” 

"Why do you marry me? Did you do something to me already so you had to?", FJ, ELOD ep35 

:Megalol:

Now we sort of know why Zhe Yan wasn't so worried of FJ when she first went to Tai Chen Palace. And certainly gave such hogwash story so that weirdo grandpa won't be returning handkerchief FJ.

Crafty old phoenix. :lol:

Thanks so much again! @UnluckyWhiteCat :heart:

TQ must have been giggling while writing! 

• LOL 6

Other bit of the conversation: 

Tf0UJyb.jpg

This young father in front of him looked at him for a moment, and opened his eminent mouth: “You’re saying that you’re my son? But I’ve never been married.”

Bai Gungun froze. He was shocked that his father actually didn’t want to acknowledge him [as his son]. “But, but I’m a silver haired little fairy boy, one look could tell that I’m your child, father.”

But even though he brought up such strong evidence, his father didn’t seem at all concerned. “The Demon Clan’s waves and mist, the Monster Clan’s shine, and the God Clan’s brilliance [I had some difficulty translating all of the descriptions in this sentence, and it didn't really make sense to me, so it may not be completely accurate], all are silver haired.”

Bai Gungun had never once thought that in this era, in these Eight Realms and Four Seas, beside his father, there would be so many silver haired monsters, demons, and ghosts. Surprised for a moment, “But I’m so good-looking, aside from father, the other silver haired uncles and aunts aren’t fit to have a child as good-looking as me.”

His father looked at him for another moment: “Mmm, I also agree with this explanation of yours.” He paused. “But I’ve really never been married.”

---

Does this conversation remind anyone else of the conversation DH and FJ had about how heavy she was? XD

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Bai Gungun had never once thought that in this era, in these Eight Realms and Four Seas, beside his father, there would be so many silver haired monsters, demons, and ghosts. Surprised for a moment, “But I’m so good-looking, aside from father, the other silver haired uncles and aunts aren’t fit to have a child as good-looking as me.”

All toes and fingers up for BGG's confidence! :lol: 

His father looked at him for another moment: “Mmm, I also agree with this explanation of yours.” He paused. “But I’ve really never been married.”

LMAO, DH's flattered, and he agrees BGG is as good-looking as he is!

Does this conversation remind anyone else of the conversation DH and FJ had about how heavy she was? XD

Eeyup! That rounding back convo to being heavy. This time for BGG, back to his not being married. :P

• LOL 3

Alrighty, I'm pretty sure y'all are going to enjoy this one: 

aIc38DD.jpg

Fengjiu took a few steps back, putting some space between herself and Jinjin. “I didn’t climb into his bed.”

Jinjin slapped her thigh quite hard. Even Fengjiu felt pained for her. But Jinjin didn’t seem to care. I didn’t say you were climbing into the bed. See, it’s like this, we just want to sleep with Dizuo, just sleep with him, that’s all. But we didn’t succeed. But you actually managed to make Dizuo marry you. This was a much more difficult feat than simply sleeping with him, so I’m just curious, how exactly did you manage it?”

Fengjiu was actually quite confused as to why Dijun liked her. In the past she had just been big-hearted, and thought why should she care, Dijun liked her, and she profited from it, so finding out exactly why wasn’t important. Being asked about it now, she uncertainly shared her experience with Jinjin: “Maybe it’s because I’m a fox, and was a spirit pet by his side for hundreds of years [interesting what Tangqi wrote here, because when she was that little fox, it was certainly no more than a few months], and he found out later on, so he was a bit moved, so he just gave it a try with me.” After finishing speaking, she thought about it, and felt that this reason was quite reasonable. After saying it, even she believed it, and punching her fist into her hand, she said to Jinjin with certainty, “My guess is that this is how it is. Are you a little moved too?”

Jinjin wasn’t moved. Jinjin summarized it briefly for her: “So you’re saying that you chased Dijun for several hundred years and never slept with him, but you didn’t give up either, and kept on chasing him, so that’s why you moved him?” Jinjin gave her a thumbs up, exclaiming in admiration, “You hadn’t slept with him for hundreds of years, but you still didn’t give up. Then you’re really amazing, no wonder you’re the one who could become empress!”

For a moment, Fengjiu didn’t know what to say. Covering her mouth, she coughed lightly. “Our God Clan doesn’t really care about sleeping with someone or not, we care more about whether or not we can have someone’s heart, and have the other person genuinely like us.”

Jinjin’s thought process was rather peculiar, and she could connect everything to sleeping with someone or not. Looking astonished, she summarized it to Fengjiu again: “So what you mean is that even up until now, you still haven’t slept with Dijun?” Saying this, she stunned herself, and thinking about it, she slapped her thigh again. “But that’s not right. Hasn’t it been said that you two even have a son already?”

Fengjiu was silent for a moment. “… I did already sleep with him.”

Sure enough, Jinjin had such an expression on her face, and even curiously asked, “Then is Dijun good in bed?”

Fengjiu gaped at Jinjin. “Why are you asking this?’

Jinjin hastily waved her hand. “Don’t misunderstand me. I don’t have any other meaning. It’s just because in the Eight Realms only you’ve slept with Dijun. I was just randomly asking.” Speaking up to this point, she paused, and slowly frowned. “Could it be that the stuff about a son is just a rumor, and you’ve really never slept with Dijun?” She looked at Fengjiu, her face filled with sympathy. With a sigh, “Ah, this isn’t your fault, after all, Dijun is a fairy made of stone…” 

This undoubtedly stirred up Fengjiu’s competitive spirit. “I really did sleep with him.” She earnestly said to Jinjin, “He’s okay.” 

---

Note: some of the translation I had to take slight liberties or add a tiny bit to in order to make it make sense in English, but the meaning has been retained. 

---

"He's okay." Yeah FJ, I'm sure that'll go over well with him!

There's a part 2 of this conversation continuing that I'll get up soon. :) 

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

“Maybe it’s because I’m a fox, and was a spirit pet by his side for hundreds of years [interesting what Tangqi wrote here, because when she was that little fox, it was certainly no more than a few months], and he found out later on, so he was a bit moved, so he just gave it a try with me.”

I think TQ for FJ purposely omitted the part that she was a maid first before becoming a pet. Will give others more ideas... :sweatingbullets:

Sure enough, Jinjin had such an expression on her face, and even curiously asked, “Then is Dijun good in bed?”

Fengjiu gaped at Jinjin. “Why are you asking this?’

Nyahahaha! I'm curious now if there's a competition among the demonesses who's had the most and the best "to sleep with".

...Or possibly, a running bet on who won't be thrown out and experiences Dijun's ehem, performance? Hahaha! 

This undoubtedly stirred up Fengjiu’s competitive spirit. “I really did sleep with him.” She earnestly said to Jinjin, “He’s okay.” 

When it was time to get out of bed the next day, Fengjiu was unable to get up.      

The day following the next day, in the early morning when it was time to get out of bed, Fengjiu was still tragically unable to get up. (APB2, p303) 

Bihai Cangling take 2. :P

• LOL 3

Many thanks for the translation. I wish I could have the whole translation of the book. 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:
2 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

“Maybe it’s because I’m a fox, and was a spirit pet by his side for hundreds of years [interesting what Tangqi wrote here, because when she was that little fox, it was certainly no more than a few months], and he found out later on, so he was a bit moved, so he just gave it a try with me.”

I think TQ for FJ purposely omitted the part that she was a maid first before becoming a pet. Will give others more ideas... :sweatingbullets:

She was in love with DJ (chased him) for 2,700 years before he actually notice her.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:
2 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

When it was time to get out of bed the next day, Fengjiu was unable to get up.      

The day following the next day, in the early morning when it was time to get out of bed, Fengjiu was still tragically unable to get up. (APB2, p303) 

Bihai Cangling take 2. :P

I thought FJ was tired from exploring Bihai Cangling :sweatingbullets:

But who is Jinjin?

• LOL 3

9 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Bai Gungun froze. He was shocked that his father actually didn’t want to acknowledge him [as his son]. “But, but I’m a silver haired little fairy boy, one look could tell that I’m your child, father.”

But even though he brought up such strong evidence, his father didn’t seem at all concerned. “The Demon Clan’s waves and mist, the Monster Clan’s shine, and the God Clan’s brilliance [I had some difficulty translating all of the descriptions in this sentence, and it didn't really make sense to me, so it may not be completely accurate], all are silver haired.

Poor Gun Gun. His father doesn’t want to acknowledge him.

Oh well, Gun Gun didn’t think he was an ideal father anyway.

Hey wouldn’t it be interesting if Feng Jiu’s second child’s father was Dong Hua from the past?

how would the Dong Hua in the present react?

• Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Other bit of the conversation: 

This young father in front of him looked at him for a moment, and opened his eminent mouth: “You’re saying that you’re my son? But I’ve never been married.”

But even though he brought up such strong evidence, his father didn’t seem at all concerned. “The Demon Clan’s waves and mist, the Monster Clan’s shine, and the God Clan’s brilliance [I had some difficulty translating all of the descriptions in this sentence, and it didn't really make sense to me, so it may not be completely accurate], all are silver haired.”

---

BGG is certainly like his father. 

He knows he is handsome and owns it. I love how DH acknowledge the handsome part but not the white hair.

7 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Jinjin’s thought process was rather peculiar, and she could connect everything to sleeping with someone or not. Looking astonished, she summarized it to Fengjiu again: “So what you mean is that even up until now, you still haven’t slept with Dijun?” Saying this, she stunned herself, and thinking about it, she slapped her thigh again. “But that’s not right. Hasn’t it

---

If the present DH hears this, he will make sure FH give a more positive review!

This sounds like a fun read. I can't help but wonder, does that mean this will change future DH? When FJ and BGG returns back to the future, will the historical DH be pinning for his future family? 

It's easier to wait,  if you don't know what you have been missing. But to have experienced love and have it taken away, that would be painful.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Poor Gun Gun. His father doesn’t want to acknowledge him.

Oh well, Gun Gun didn’t think he was an ideal father anyway.

DH's reasons weren't unreasonable though.

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

If the present DH hears this, he will make sure FH give a more positive review!

Totally!

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

This sounds like a fun read. I can't help but wonder, does that mean this will change future DH? When FJ and BGG returns back to the future, will the historical DH be pinning for his future family? 

It's easier to wait,  if you don't know what you have been missing. But to have experienced love and have it taken away, that would be painful.

TQ might have given a twist in this time travel. ^_^

So how was Dong Hua as a student at Fushen's School?

Spoiler

He didn't come to class often. He didn't make his own notes. He borrowed and copied the notes of Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi, and Xie Ming.

He would then take first place in the exams.

:Megalol:

• LOL 4

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

So how was Dong Hua as a student at Fushen's School?

Reveal hidden contents

Yesss! I saw that too, he just has some kind of natural talent!

Spoiler

As long as he doesn't copy off of Shaowan!

It's no wonder he's the one who was able to rule over everything. :lol:

• LOL 1

Spoiler
30 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

As long as he doesn't copy off of Shaowan!

Hahahahaha!

Applause to her though, she never misses school! :lol:

30 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

It's no wonder he's the one who was able to rule over everything. 

He could analyze and consolidate as one the notes of his classmates. ^_^

Those skills would be be very essential for his judgment as Emperor, and before that, when he was leading the war for unifying the realms. 

• Blob 1

Part 2 of the previous translation done off of the second page:

1h1Fhxe.jpg

Jinjin’s face was filled with skepticism. 

Seriously, Fengjiu said, “Really, he’s okay.”

Jinjin nodded. “Okay.” But she was hotheaded, and couldn’t stop herself, continuing to ask, “What does ‘okay’ mean?”

At this time, the door was pushed open, Dijun standing silently in the doorway. Fengjiu and Jinjin looked at each other in dismay. 

Jinjin was the first to recover. Jumping up, she said with a smile, “Dizuo, don’t misunderstand, I, I live on the adjacent mountain, and live close, so I came over to chat with the empress. I, I, I don’t have evil intentions.” Seeing Dijun take a step forward, Jinjin retreated, her face snow-white. “I, I’ve heard that Dizuo has never hit a woman!”

Dijun nodded. “I don’t. So do you want to leave on your own, or do you want to be thrown out by me?”

Jinjin chose to leave on her own. 

When Jinjin left, for a time, only the two of them remained in the room. Fengjiu’s heart beat like a drum. She didn’t know how much of her conversation with Jinjin just a moment ago Dijun had heard. Seeing that Dijun headed straight for the inner room to bathe, she comforted herself. Perhaps he hadn’t heard anything. In the end, Dijun drying his hair as he walked out, his first words were: “I also want to ask, what does ‘okay’ mean?”

Fengjiu who was spreading out the quilt stumbled when she heard this. Slowly turning around, “It’d be better not to ask…”

Dijun sat on the jade stool across from the bed, still drying his hair. “So, does it mean it’s bad?”

Fengjiu stood by the side of the bed, feeling that she shouldn’t be here, that she should be under the bed. She stammered, “Not, not bad, don’t, don’t worry.”

Dijun put the towel down. “I am indeed a little worried, so what exactly does it mean?”

Fengjiu lowered her head, covering half her face. “It… it means good.” A bit fiercely, she raised her head. “It means good, alright?” But when she finished speaking, she covered her face again. 

Dijun stood up, walked over, sat at the edge of the bed, and pulled her down to sit facing him. He looked at her as if they were discussing something extremely important seriously asking, “Then why didn’t you just directly tell her I’m very good?”

How should she answer this question? Fengjiu wanted to die. Her face flushing red, she sat there for half a day, thinking of how she should respond to make Dijun shut up. A moment later, she opened her mouth: “Because I can have such an amazing you, I already attract a lot of people’s hatred. If they [female] also knew that you’re… also that amazing, won’t they hate me more? Wouldn’t it be better to keep a low profile?”

Dijun looked at her for a moment. “That’s true.” As expected, he shut up. 

• LOL 6
  • Thanks 3