[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Found a page of the text that someone posted on Weibo and copied it out: 

0m6MCiC.jpg

帝君并不以为意,单手抱着风九,另一只手里化出了一瓶丹药,放在了二人喜床前:“这瓶丹药可以助两位早生贵子。”想了想,拍了拍新郎的肩,“不要让本君失望。”然后抱着风九离开了新房。

不要让本君失望,失望什么?一对新人~~~~

霏微留在最后,提点二人,为他们讲解帝君的深意:“帝座丹药都为你俩备好了,二位赶紧洞房,生了贵子,米成了饭木做了舟,灵鹤尊者自然再不能棒打鸳鸯拆散你们,也不会再去烦帝君,岂不是两全其美皆大欢喜?”

一对新人恍然大悟,面红耳赤之际,内心又很是复杂,感觉对传闻中一向不沾红尘的帝君,有了一点新的认识呢 。

风九醒来之时,是在颉水旁帝君的寝帐之中。

她人还有点糊涂,躺着想了半天,想起来昨夜她是在温源谷为初漪和她心上人证婚来着。看着初漪和她心上人两情相悦,成亲礼上执手同拜天地,她有点羡慕,羡慕着羡慕着,就喝得有点多,然后和初漪说了会儿话,接着……接着好像……帝君就来了?

凤九一个激灵,猛地坐了起来,略略一扫,发现这好像的确是帝君的大帐。又定神一看,发现营帐中的设置似乎同上次来时不大相同。譬如她所睡之处原本该是顶素帷,此时却顶清帐,纱帐外也不再是明珠照明,依稀看去,却仿佛是红灯和高烛相映生辉,除此之外,大帐中还悬了丝光莹润的彩绸。

风九盘坐在毡毯之上皱眉思索,不对啊,这高烛青帐、红灯彩绸,好像是成亲才用的东西吧?这么想着,抬手撩开纱帐,打算确认一番,正巧碰上帝君也拾帘人帐。凤九静了一下,帝君很自然地走过来碰了碰她的额头:“醒了,头还疼吗?”

她稀里糊涂地摇了摇头。

帝君的手指在她的额角处停了停,又揉了揉:“看来那醒酒丹还有点用。”说着折身去了一旁的木屏风后,一阵换衣声窸窣传来。

凤九仍在云里雾中,隔着屏风问帝君:“营地上是不是又要办礼啊?”

帝君嗯了一声。

凤九不大清醒地咦了一声:“那今天又是谁的婚礼啊?”

屏风后的換衣聲停了一下:“你的。”

**The ~ you may see is because there was a word there that I couldn't read (the four in a row were covered), but there's definitely enough there to get what's happening. It's a lil bit funny. XD

I probably won't have the time to finish translating it out for a day or two, but I should be able to get to it soon. Until then (or someone else gets to it), Google translate! :) 

Edit: I'm dumb, couldn't remember a word before and I just remembered and fixed it! So two of the ~ are gone now!

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

I probably won't have the time to translate it out for a day or two, but I should be able to get to it soon. Until then (or someone else gets to it), Google translate! :) 

You found it! I did see this last night, but I was laughing so much of what the translate gave me. :lol: 

There is a wedding, but it's nothing like you'll ever imagine! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

You found it! I did see this last night, but I was laughing so much of what the translate gave me. :lol:

Yesss! There's actually another page that I found that I'll do when I have time later! Unfortunately Google translate doesn't work too well if you try to run an image through it instead of straight text. I tried and it was pretty wrong and hilarious. :D I had to use an image to text converter and then go through it word by word to correct the mistakes it made, which is both tedious and time-consuming. Hopefully this'll give a better translation until I get around to translating it myself!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3

12 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

I had to use an image to text converter and then go through it word by word to correct the mistakes it made, which is both tedious and time-consuming. Hopefully this'll give a better translation until I get around to translating it myself!

I can try this one now, maybe I'll be done in an hour or two...or longer coz this is a whole page! Will just finish what I'm seeing, in 20 min, then I'll log using the laptop...it's lengthy, it would take longer via mobile. :lol:

• Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

Here it is! @UnluckyWhiteCat, and others, too, please check if I got it right. :)

帝君并不以为意,单手抱着风九,另一只手里化出了一瓶丹药,放在了二人喜床前:“这瓶丹药可以助两位早生贵子。”想了想,拍了拍新郎的肩,“不要让本君失望。”然后抱着风九离开了新房。

不要让本君失望,失望什么?一对新人~~~~

靠微留在最后,提点二人,为他们讲解帝君的深意:“帝座丹药都为你俩备好了,二位赶紧洞房,生了贵子,米成了饭木做了舟,灵鹤尊者自然再不能棒打鸳鸯拆散你们,也不会再去烦帝君,岂不是两全其美皆大欢喜?”

一对新人恍然大悟,面红耳赤之际,内心又很是复杂,感觉对传闻中一向不沾红尘的帝君,有了一点新的认识呢 。

风九醒来之时,是在颉水旁帝君的寝帐之中。

她人还有点糊涂,躺着想了半天,想起来昨夜她是在温源谷为初漪和她心上人证婚来着。看着初漪和她心上人两情相悦,成亲礼上执手同拜天地,她有点美幕,美慕着美慕着,就喝得有点多,然后和初漪说了会儿话,接着……接着好像……帝君就来了?

凤九一个激灵,猛地坐了起来,略略一扫,发现这好像的确是帝君的大帐。又定神一看,发现营帐中的设置似乎同上次来时不大相同。譬如她所睡之处原本该是顶素帷,此时却顶清帐,纱帐外也不再是明珠照明,依稀看去,却仿佛是红灯和高烛相映生辉,除此之外,大帐中还悬了丝光莹润的彩绸。

风九盘坐在毡毯之上皱眉思索,不对啊,这高烛青帐、红灯彩绸,好像是成亲才用的东西吧?这么想着,抬手撩开纱帐,打算确认一番,正巧碰上帝君也拾帘人帐。凤九静了一下,帝君很自然地走过来碰了碰她的额头:“醒了,头还疼吗?”

她稀里糊涂地摇了摇头。

帝君的手指在她的额角处停了停,又揉了揉:“看来那醒酒丹还有点用。”说着折身去了一旁的木屏风后,一阵换衣声窸窣传来。

凤九仍在云里雾中,隔着屏风问帝君:“营地上是不是又要办礼啊?”

帝君嗯了一声。

凤九不大清醒地咦了一声:“那今天又是谁的婚礼啊?”

屏风后的換衣聲停了一下:“你的。”

The emperor remained unruffled while he holds Feng Jiu in one hand. A bottle of pills appeared in his other hand, which he had kept in front of the bed. “This bottle of medicine can help you birth sons early.” Solicitously, he patted the bridegroom on the shoulder, “Don’t let Ben Jun down.” He then left the newlyweds’ room with Feng Jiu nestled in his arms.

Don’t let him down? What would disappoint him? The newlyweds ~~

Relying on Wei to enlighten them, the couple listened to his explanations of what the emperor really meant. “The emperor’s pills were prepared for you two. You hurry to your chamber, and give birth to a noble son. The rice would then be cooked and the wood turned to a boat. By then, the Venerable Crane will no longer disturb and separate mandarin ducks, nor will he pester the Emperor again. Best for both worlds to be happy, right?

Their faces and ears have turned red, as the newlyweds grasped the complexities of hearts. They felt a new understanding of compassion from the emperor, who is rumoured to shy away from spotlight.

When Feng Jiu woke up, she was in the Emperor's sleeping tent by the water.

She was a little confused. Lying down and thinking for a long time, she remembered that she was in Wen Valley last night to attend the marriage of Chu Yi and her sweetheart. It was a lovely moment seeing Chu Yi and her beloved hold hands and pray to the heaven and earth at the beautiful wedding ceremony. Feeling festive, she drank a little too much, spoke with Chu Yi for a while, and then… …And then it seems like…the Emperor came?

Feng Jiu suddenly sat up, glanced around, and found that she was indeed in the Emperor’s large tent. After taking a closer look, she found that the layout within seems to have been changed from the last time she visited. For example, where she slept should have been on top of the curtains, but now the tent has been cleared, and there are no longer night pearls illuminating outside. The red light and high candles looked as if it were reflecting each other's glossy radiance.  Hanged brightly coloured silk adorns the tent.

Frowning, Feng Jiu sits on the felt blanket and thinks, no, ah, it can’t be right that these tall candles, green tent, red lights, and coloured silk seem to be for marriage? Intending to confirm it, she raised her hand to open the curtain, just as the revered deity gathered up the tent’s flap. Feng Jiu was silent as the Emperor unhurriedly came over and touched her forehead. “You woke up. Does your head still hurts?”

She shook her head in a daze.

Dijun’s fingers paused at the corner of her forehead, then rubbed it again. “It seems that the sobering medicine has done its work.” He then turned and went behind the wooden screen. Rustling sounds can be heard as he changed his clothes.

Her head still in the clouds and fogs, Feng Jiu asked the Emperor through the screen, “Is there a ceremony at the camp again?”

Dijun gave a hum.

Feng Jiu sighed unconsciously, "Whose wedding is it today?"

The sound of changing clothes stopped behind the screen.

"Yours."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

Alrighty, I've just finished mine too! @MayanEcho not too bad, mostly just the usual issues with Google translate! Take a look at what I've got below, should be accurate:

---

Dijun simply didn’t care. Holding Fengjiu with one arm, he conjured a bottle of medication in his other hand. He placed it in front of the couple’s marriage bed. “This bottle of medication can help the two of you give birth to a son soon [propitiatory compliment to the newlyweds].” After a moment of thought, he patted the groom’s shoulder. “Don’t disappoint me.” Then, holding Fengjiu, he left the bridal chamber. 

Don’t disappoint me. Disappoint what? The newlyweds~~~~ [characters covered, unable to read].

Fei Wei stayed behind to explain to the pair the deeper meaning behind Dijun’s words: “Dijun’s medication has already been prepared for the two of you. You two quickly go to the inner room and have a son. When the rice is cooked and wood is made into a boat [this is a literal translation, and it isn’t an idiom, but it means something like ‘what’s done is done’ based on context], the exalted spirit crane [no idea who this is or what it has done, but a character / creature of some sort] will naturally not be able to separate you [棒打鸳鸯: idiom; lit. to hit a pair of mandarin ducks with a club to disperse them; fig. to break up an affectionate couple] again. It won’t go to bother Dijun again either. Isn’t this the best solution [两全其美: to have it both ways] to make everyone happy?”

The newlyweds suddenly realized that their faces and ears were red, and with mixed feelings, felt a new understanding of Dijun, who in legends had never been contaminated by worldly dusts [this is a term I explained in my annotated copy of PB]

When Fengjiu woke, she was in Dijun’s sleeping tent by the water.

She was still a little confused. Lying there and thinking for half a day, she recalled that she was in Wenyuan Valley [I think] last night, to witness Chu Yi and her sweetheart get married. Seeing the mutual affection between Chu Yi and her sweetheart, bowing to Heaven and Earth in the marriage ceremony, she felt a bit envious, so envious that she drank a little too much, and after chatting with Chu Yi for a bit, after that… after that it seemed like… Dijun arrived?

Roused, Fengjiu abruptly sat up, and sweeping her eyes across the room, she discovered that this indeed seemed to be Dijun’s large tent. Composing herself and looking around again, she found that the arrangement inside the tent [营帐: a tent, but one specifically used by an army when on the battlefield] seemed to be different from the last time she was here. For example, the place she slept was originally supposed to be covered with white curtains, but now it was covered by blue curtains. Beyond the gauzy curtains were no longer light pearls illuminating, and in her hazy vision, it seemed that red lights and tall candles were reflecting off of each other, brightening the room. Aside from this, in the large tent was hung brightly colored silk. 

Fengjiu sat cross-legged on the carpet, frowning as she pondered, this isn’t right, these tall candles and blue curtains, red lights and colored silk, seem to be things that are only used for marriage, right? Thinking this, she raised her hand to lift the gauzy curtains, planning to confirm it. At that moment, she just happened to bump into Dijun also lifting the curtain. Fengjiu stilled for a moment. Ever so naturally, Dijun walked over and touched her forehead. “You’re awake. Does your head still hurt?”

Muddled, she shook her head. 

Dijun’s fingers stopped at the edge of her forehead, then rubbed it. “It seems that that sobering pill really does work.” Saying this, he stepped behind the wooden screen standing to the side, the rustling of changing clothes drifting over.

Still mystified, Fengjiu asked Dijun from across the screen, “Is there going to be another ceremony at camp?”

Dijun: “Mmm.”

Not fully awake, Fengjiu made a noise in surprise. “Then whose wedding is today?”

The sounds of changing clothes behind the screen stopped. “Yours.”

---

Well, now this brings up so. many. questions.

• Who or what is this spirit crane, and what exactly did it do? Why was it bothering DH?
  • Who is Chu Yi? (Is this a character in Lotus Step? Haven't read it yet.)
  • So... this marriage between DH and FJ does seem to be set in the prehistoric era, right on the battlefields, in fact?

DH... such a troll as always. *sighs*

Edit: a small mistake I made when I was transcribing the text in Chinese has been fixed, and the translation based off of that has also been corrected. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

• Who or what is this spirit crane, and what exactly did it do? Why was it bothering DH?
  • So... this marriage between DH and FJ does seem to be set in the prehistoric era, right on the battlefields, in fact?

From spoilers I've seen, the wedding should be during the ancient battles. 

I don't recall a Chu Yi in Lotus Steps, so this character must be someone from the past.

Yes, it seems. And yes, he's really a troll. Telling the newly weds not to disappoint him. :naughty:

Spoiler

...If there are star studded weddings, the battle wedding is attended by the ancient gods and goddesses.

Eeyup, bestie Shao Wan is there, trading "knives" with Mo Yuan. And before there's bagua Si Ming, there's bagua Zhe Yan. :lol:

Thanks so much again @UnluckyWhiteCat :heart: 

TQ has really gave us a fun to read Pillow Book extra.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, it seems. And yes, he's really a troll. Telling the newly weds not to disappoint him. 

I honestly don’t get this. Why a son?

also...Dong Hua...I thought you were still in shock that your wife is your classmate’s granddaughter? Moreover aren’t you supposed to be a monk in this time period? Where did this sudden desire to marry come from?

poor Gun Gun...if they indeed get married again...for the 202nd time, he will be kicked out of the room...again. And this time there is no Ali to help him count the stars.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Megan said:

also...Dong Hua...I thought you were still in shock that your wife is your classmate’s granddaughter? Moreover aren’t you supposed to be a monk in this time period? Where did this sudden desire to marry come from?

poor Gun Gun...if they indeed get married again...for the 202nd time, he will be kicked out of the room...again. And this time there is no Ali to help him count the stars.

This is only 1 page. :) The author did say the settings are Dong Hua during the ancient times, and Dong Feng at the present. 

They're in the wars, and sons are more desirable and needed during that time. If there were women, they'll be very well trained and powerful themselves like Shao Wan and Fox Queen. Furthermore, it seems that the newlyweds have to hurry up to produce children to prevent a third party trying to break them up. 

Who would tell DH he's going to be a father and who'll be his wife, other than the cheeky son himself BGG? :lol:

If there's no Ali, Zhong Lin's grandpa is there, plus the other ancients. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

TQ has really gave us a fun to read Pillow Book extra.

She really has, I can't wait to see the rest!! I've also noticed that her writing has changed in a sense. I don't really know how to describe it, but in TPB, her language was definitely more basic, and just from what I'm seeing in the snippets I've skimmed, it seems much more varied now. What 7-8 years will do, right?

:sparklyeyes:

10 minutes ago, Megan said:

The son thing is actually a cultural issue. The reality is that, in general, in China, sons are far more valued than daughters are. There's a reason why orphanages in China are like 80% female and why there's such a massive problem with single men in China. The phrase used is kind of just an inherently sexist thing in the Chinese language that you don't really think about. 

Well he won't stay in shock forever, right? :P When he gets over it he'll find a way to make it work to his benefit real fast. Also we don't *really* know what happens in this story aside from the spoilers others have posted, so unfortunately we have no information on the how yet. :(

The good news is, I've found some other pages people on Weibo have posted from their copies (7 so far), so I'll work out the translations whenever I have time, and we'll see if it gives us anything substantial! 

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

The good news is, I've found some other pages people on Weibo have posted from their copies (7 so far), so I'll work out the translations whenever I have time, and we'll see if it gives us anything substantial! 

The weibo comments are hilarious too! I've seen some of those pages, or some parts of a page...gosh, it's really fun and funny reading made even funnier by the autotranslate.:lol:

10 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Well he won't stay in shock forever, right? :P When he gets over it he'll find a way to make it work to his benefit real fast.

By getting married in a war zone?

But why now? There’s no way he wants to spend a night with his wife that fast. Unless she’s in cute cuddly fox mode then he wants to use her as a pillow again...but then, there is also Gun Gun

20 minutes ago, Megan said:

By getting married in a war zone?

But why now? There’s no way he wants to spend a night with his wife that fast. Unless she’s in cute cuddly fox mode then he wants to use her as a pillow again...but then, there is also Gun Gun

Everywhere was chaotic or a war zone during the desolation era. Why not get married when DH falls for FJ whichever timeline they get to meet?

BGG's presence won't be a problem either. :) He's in the midst of the ancient legends who are at their prime during the wars, under his father's commands. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LMAO, he was ready to be Jiuchongtian gossip and betting fodder so long that it's about her and him!

Also, when I'm mulling over this passage and scene in the drama:

Donghua turned his wine cup, contemplating over the chessboard. Hearing these words, he evasively replied, “A beauty? They think she’s pretty?”

Liansong said, “Pardon?”      

Donghua leisurely placed a black stone down, blocking the formation of the white pieces. “They’ve got some good eyesight.”

Liansong froze for half a day. When he recovered, he closed his fan with a snap and asked in surprise, “You really saw a beauty at Chengtian Terrace?”      

Donghua tapped the chessboard. “Are you sure you came to play chess?” (APB1, p29)

Doesn't this sound like DH has been thinking of her before Chiyan beast incident, when he remarked of others describing FJ as a beauty having good eyesight a.k.a competition:lol:

I bet he has been thinking of FJ since he made direct eye contact with her!

5 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Alrighty, I've just finished mine too! @MayanEcho not too bad, mostly just the usual issues with Google translate! Take a look at what I've got below, should be accurate:

---

Dijun simply didn’t care. Holding Fengjiu with one arm, he conjured a bottle of medication in his other hand. He placed it in front of the couple’s marriage bed. “This bottle of medication can help the two of you give birth to a son soon [propitiatory compliment to the newlyweds].” After a moment of thought, he patted the groom’s shoulder. “Don’t disappoint me.” Then, holding Fengjiu, he left the bridal chamber. 

Don’t disappoint me. Disappoint what? The newlyweds~~~~ [characters covered, unable to read].

The two relied on the one who stayed behind to explain to them the deeper meaning behind Dijun’s words: “Dijun’s medication has already been prepared for the two of you. You two quickly go to the inner room and have a son. When the rice is cooked and wood is made into a boat [this is a literal translation, and it isn’t an idiom, but it means something like ‘what’s done is done’ based on context], the exalted spirit crane [no idea who this is or what it has done, but a character / creature of some sort] will naturally not be able to separate you [棒打鸳鸯: idiom; lit. to hit a pair of mandarin ducks with a club to disperse them; fig. to break up an affectionate couple] again. It won’t go to bother Dijun again either. Isn’t this the best solution [两全其美: to have it both ways] to make everyone happy?”

The newlyweds suddenly realized that their faces and ears were red, and with mixed feelings, felt a new understanding of Dijun, who in legends had never been contaminated by worldly dusts [this is a term I explained in my annotated copy of PB]

When Fengjiu woke, she was in Dijun’s sleeping tent by the water.

She was still a little confused. Lying there and thinking for half a day, she recalled that she was in Wenyuan Valley [I think] last night, to witness Chu Yi and her sweetheart get married. Seeing the mutual affection between Chu Yi and her sweetheart, bowing to Heaven and Earth in the marriage ceremony, she felt how beautiful it was, so beautiful that she drank a little too much, and after chatting with Chu Yi for a bit, after that… after that it seemed like… Dijun arrived?

Roused, Fengjiu abruptly sat up, and sweeping her eyes across the room, she discovered that this indeed seemed to be Dijun’s large tent. Composing herself and looking around again, she found that the arrangement inside the tent [营帐: a tent, but one specifically used by an army when on the battlefield] seemed to be different from the last time she was here. For example, the place she slept was originally supposed to be covered with white curtains, but now it was covered by blue curtains. Beyond the gauzy curtains were no longer light pearls illuminating, and in her hazy vision, it seemed that red lights and tall candles were reflecting off of each other, brightening the room. Aside from this, in the large tent was hung brightly colored silk. 

Fengjiu sat cross-legged on the carpet, frowning as she pondered, this isn’t right, these tall candles and blue curtains, red lights and colored silk, seem to be things that are only used for marriage, right? Thinking this, she raised her hand to lift the gauzy curtains, planning to confirm it. At that moment, she just happened to bump into Dijun also lifting the curtain. Fengjiu stilled for a moment. Ever so naturally, Dijun walked over and touched her forehead. “You’re awake. Does your head still hurt?”

Muddled, she shook her head. 

Dijun’s fingers stopped at the edge of her forehead, then rubbed it. “It seems that that sobering pill really does work.” Saying this, he stepped behind the wooden screen standing to the side, the rustling of changing clothes drifting over.

Still mystified, Fengjiu asked Dijun from across the screen, “Is there going to be another ceremony at camp?”

Dijun: “Mmm.”

Not fully awake, Fengjiu made a noise in surprise. “Then whose wedding is today?”

The sounds of changing clothes behind the screen stopped. “Yours.”

---

Thank you for the translation. Can't wait to read more.

DH is the most lovable troll!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Question: regarding the latest translated page, we read that Dong Hua is changing clothes. Is he changing into armor or wedding clothes? Personally I think armor. He hasn’t had time for a wedding gown to be made.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: regarding the latest translated page, we read that Dong Hua is changing clothes. Is he changing into armor or wedding clothes? Personally I think armor. He hasn’t had time for a wedding gown to be made.

I'd imagine he came in wearing armour, and changed to some fine clothes.

48 minutes ago, Megan said:

And I just realized...Feng Jiu arrived in the past while Dong Hua is still an emperor. Wow

FJ and BGG did. :) 

• Blob 1

2 hours ago, Pesca said:

Many thanks for beautiful translation. But why DHDJ said "yours" wedding rather than "ours"? I hope he does not give FJ away to someone else. And where is Bai Gun Gun? 

Time travelling story often ends in tragedy. I hope this is not the case.....

By the way, Dijun means King Emperor? 

DH likes to troll! :D Him saying "yours" would be just what he will tell FJ if that will earn him a rise out of her.

BGG and his whereabouts weren't mentioned in this translated page, so for now, can't really tell.

From the previous 3 teasers by TQ, posted at p896, FJ and BGG at one point ended in the same place and time in the past. 

TQ has described Pillow Book Extra as a fun story, and those who've received their copies are posting of warm, fuzzy feelings while reading. :)

Di Jun in general means Emperor (Di and Jun both means Emperor). King Emperor is also right! From his full title though, Di Jun would be Lord Emperor.

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1