[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 hours ago, Lazuria said:

It's just not fair that Yuan Zhen alone is being punished and has been sent to the mortal realm. Why not do the same with Sujin? EX could talk about his reputation that Sujin had tarnished, blame her. Tianjun may be Sujin's patron, but she is now a concubine, and only he has the right to punish her. Sujin herself began to play a comedy and asked for punishment.

Drama POV, Yuan Zhen was forced fed alcohol by Sujin and her maid Xinnu. The young lad was stunned and couldn't even say something to defend himself. Worse, even his father,the supposedly brightest son Sangji, let his temper get the better of him, and apologised for something his son never did.

Tianjun has spoiled and acquiesced to almost anything Sujin asks. YH and Lian Song know this very well. Yuan Zhen was the poor victim of Sujin's schemes to get YH. If YH fought Tianjun openly against Sujin, there could be more problems later on, since Tianjun still has the power to punish him.

2 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

he did actually run her through with a sword when she showed up for their wedding, so that's something, I guess?

IMO, one of the best scenes of TMOPB. Sujin only lived because Tianjun timely rescued her, according to Nai Nai while talking to BQ about Su Su.

2 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

I believe both Yehua and Liansong knew of Sujin's scheming, but they obviously can't say something that would contradict Tianjun's decision because as we all know, his decision was already final, even before anyone opened their mouths. Tianjun saw what he wanted to see; he expected Yuan Zhen to turn out exactly like his father, so that's exactly what he saw.

Uncle and nephew knew Yuan Zhen was framed. The eye roll of YH when Sujin was acting pitiful, LOL!

@Lazuria, YH would later tell Sujin why he's not punishing her: it is because she's "still housing" the eyes of Su Su. That was a warning, but because of her spoilt and arrogant ways, Sujin wilfully ignored it and kept scheming.

3 hours ago, Lazuria said:

Is there any chance that she will be blessed by the Heavens and become a supreme celestial without a trial? She will be rewarded for all her suffering, because the heavens were touched by her pure love for DX.

The 3 lightning strikes is the test to ascend into a high immortal. It can be predicted when, like how child Ye Hua did his. He ascended before a particular age set by Tianjun as the condition so that he can see his mother Consort Lexu. 

It can also be taken by somebody else, like how Mo Yuan did for BQ. DH may do it too for FJ, but perhaps only if FJ should not take it (ill, pregnant). Anyhow, the heart ring and Tiancang cage should also help FJ on her lightning trial.

The other heavenly trial to ascend to high deity status can not be predicted when, how long, or what would it be. There aren't exemptions even if there were plenty of previous sufferings or merits. Whatever FJ went through while very young would give her core strength for this trial.

Bai Qian after deep sleep thought she got lucky waking up a high goddess. But then she also thought it was for resealing Qing Cang before she slept after drinking Zhe Yan's potion (woke up without memories of YH and as Su Su).

There are still 4 more upcoming 3L3W books. When it's FJ's turn to ascend, our dearest TQ will surely write about it. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The 3 lightning strikes is the test to ascend into a high immortal. It can be predicted when, like how child Ye Hua did his. He ascended before a particular age set by Tianjun as the condition so that he can see his mother Consort Lexu. 

It can also be taken by somebody else, like how Mo Yuan did for BQ. DH may do it too for FJ, but perhaps only if FJ should not take it (ill, pregnant). Anyhow, the heart ring and Tiancang cage should also help FJ on her lightning trial.

The other heavenly trial to ascend to high deity status can not be predicted when, how long, or what would it be. There aren't exemptions even if there were plenty of previous sufferings or merits. Whatever FJ went through while very young would give her core strength for this trial.

Bai Qian after deep sleep thought she got lucky waking up a high goddess. But then she also thought it was for resealing Qing Cang before she slept after drinking Zhe Yan's potion (woke up without memories of YH and as Su Su).

There are still 4 more upcoming 3L3W books. When it's FJ's turn to ascend, our dearest TQ will surely write about it. :)

In 10,000 years or so, Fengjiu is going to have a trial with three lightning strikes. It's the trial every fairy goes through to ascend to High Immortal. In the world that Tangqi built, I doubt that there would be a way in which anyone would be able to skip either of the trials. The three lightning strikes can be taken on by another immortal, but the ascension trial for High God status could only be taken on by the individual him/herself. Those trials are meant as an equalizer; you can only pass if you're good enough to, and regardless of how much Fengjiu suffered (a lot), her suffering can't just cancel out her trials. 

Thank you for explaining to me all the details of the exaltation of the celestial.:smiley:

Now I'll look forward to what Tangqi has in store for DX and FJ in the next books. All I know is that they're going to have a second child - a girl.:tounge_wink::love:

Thank you for your answers. I really like to read them and listen to different points of view.:kiss_wink:

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

Now I'll look forward to what Tangqi has in store for DX and FJ in the next books.

Volume 1 of Mortal Realm of Lotus Steps is slated for release on Chinese New Year. It includes the 50,000 characters Pillow Book extra on DH during ancient times, and Dong Hua and Feng Jiu at the present. :)

12 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

Thank you for your answers. I really like to read them and listen to different points of view

You're welcome! For some more extra info in 3L3W, have a look too in the ELOD Soompi blogsite^_^

• Love 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

IMO, one of the best scenes of TMOPB. Sujin only lived because Tianjun timely rescued her, according to Nai Nai while talking to BQ about Su Su.

Ah yes, her look of complete and utter shock that Yehua could possibly do such a thing to her.

:Megalol:

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Volume 1 of Mortal Realm of Lotus Steps is slated for release on Chinese New Year. It includes the 50,000 characters Pillow Book extra on DH during ancient times, and Dong Hua and Feng Jiu at the present. :)

-waits impatiently-

• Wiggle 1

55 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hey @UnluckyWhiteCat, how are you doing? How is it there...the news doesn't look so good. 

In the U.S.? Which news? LOL.

I don't know how much news of us you get internationally, but Covid appears to be getting worse so... yeah. Now more personally, I (and most other students honestly) am super concerned about having clinical placements pulled this coming semester because Covid is getting worse again. The silver lining for me is that I'm perfectly happy with remote learning and being at home all the time, so that's actually pretty great :). I know that a lot of other people are struggling with it though. Good news is the vaccines are rolling out, and from what I'm seeing, the majority of healthcare workers were already at least offered it, at least around where I am. 

I don't know if you'd have seen, but the whole political situation is getting kind of out of hand so there's also that. I don't really affiliate myself with either political party but imo, both parties' handling of literally everything going on right now is just atrocious, and they're just there trying to play the blame game with each other. And the rioting is just... no. :/

How are ya'll doing outside of the U.S.? Better, I hope! 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

The silver lining for me is that I'm perfectly happy with remote learning and being at home all the time, so that's actually pretty great :)

Glad to hear that!

12 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Good news is the vaccines are rolling out, and from what I'm seeing, the majority of healthcare workers were already at least offered it, at least around where I am. 

My nurse aunt in Vancouver, BC had the Pfizer vaccine last week. So far she said she feels fine. I haven't heard yet from my cousins in NJ and in CA if they already had. 

15 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

And the rioting is just... no. :/

All I can think of while seeing the rioters are confirmed COVID cases among them who joined starting from next week...

Some keep harping of the high survival rate to those who get it. Yeah right, but to survive, how long does it take them to stay in the hospital? What are the treatments and procedures do they go through? They keep comparing it to flu, but it isn't like flu if it takes weeks and months to be well enough for discharge!

16 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

How are ya'll doing outside of the U.S.? Better, I hope! 

Vaccinations started in my place using either Sinopharm or Pfizer from the other week. But since I just had the flu vaccine 3 weeks ago, I can't have the COVID vaccine yet for at least another week. Vaccination is free and available for anyone 18 years and above, though priority given for the senior citizens and frontliners.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

All I can think of while seeing the rioters are confirmed COVID cases among them who joined starting from next week...

Some keep harping of the high survival rate to those who get it. Yeah right, but to survive, how long does it take them to stay in the hospital? What are the treatments and procedures do they go through? They keep comparing it to flu, but it isn't like flu if it takes weeks and months to be well enough for discharge!

Yeah... I just... don't know what to say. Even if the death rate is low, why would you risk yourself and your entire family?? -sigh-

56 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Vaccinations started in my place using either Sinopharm or Pfizer from the other week. But since I just had the flu vaccine 3 weeks ago, I can't have the COVID vaccine yet for at least another week. Vaccination is free and available for anyone 18 years and above, though priority given for the senior citizens and frontliners.

That's good to hear! This means that everyone is able to go get the vaccine, yes? I think here they still haven't gotten to the general population yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

That's good to hear! This means that everyone is able to go get the vaccine, yes? I think here they still haven't gotten to the general population yet.

The info drive for where to take the vaccines here ramped up when the vaccine shipments started arriving. Yes, it's for everyone who meets the criteria. :)

It's also a wait and see for some, since this is a new vaccine. But more and more people are taking appointments. Med workers here started having as early as Sep.

I hope that it won't become another politicised issue when the vaccines are made available for general public in your place. 

PS. Take care there

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

lmangla and @partyon

• Blob 2

I know if Dong Hua was raised by the fox clan, he wouldn’t have become emperor. That isn’t to say he wouldn’t have become respectable in his own right like Zhe Yan.

i can’t helping imaging Dong Hua and Feng Jiu having a similar love story to Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan if Dong Hua was raised by the Bais

• Blob 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

That isn’t to say he wouldn’t have become respectable in his own right like Zhe Yan.

Famous for sword skills and metal forging as Zhe Yan is for his medical knowledge and peach forest.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

i can’t helping imaging Dong Hua and Feng Jiu having a similar love story to Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan if Dong Hua was raised by the Bais

Still a special and close relationship ^_^ with similar camaraderie as FJ and Mi Gu.

Have you voted for ELOD? :lol:

• Blob 1

10 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

In the U.S.? Which news? LOL.

I don't know how much news of us you get internationally, but Covid appears to be getting worse so... yeah. Now more personally, I (and most other students honestly) am super concerned about having clinical placements pulled this coming semester because Covid is getting worse again. The silver lining for me is that I'm perfectly happy with remote learning and being at home all the time, so that's actually pretty great :). I know that a lot of other people are struggling with it though. Good news is the vaccines are rolling out, and from what I'm seeing, the majority of healthcare workers were already at least offered it, at least around where I am. 

We're doing terrible. Everyday at least where I'm in. My families who isn't from the US would asked and we can talk for hours and hours about what's going on here causing everyday there's always something new.  :/// Literally a few days ago there were riots and it was crazy. Some people are really irresponsible. As a student also, our school is kinda forcing us to go back and assure us that we'll be safe. When last semester wearing mask wasn't forcefully meaning yea students come in without mask sometimes, they don't check our temperature or have some health questions we have to answer, and social distancing? We barely have any. All cramp up when we have to move from class to class. From what I heard from the face to face students since I did remote. And then the school question why some people have covid.  Although I'm doing remote learning this year so I'm not sure how they will be more strict towards covid regulation this semester.

However during this whole remote learning and quarantine, I am still addicted to ELOD. I did watch other dramas but somehow circle back to ELOD. Takes my mind off the chaotic things going around. Wish Donghua can use his power and just whoosh all the Covid away.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Literally a few days ago there were riots and it was crazy. Some people are really irresponsible.

This is the worst thing to do during a pandemic. 

When last semester wearing mask wasn't forcefully meaning yea students come in without mask sometimes, they don't check our temperature or have some health questions we have to answer, and social distancing? We barely have any. All cramp up when we have to move from class to class. From what I heard from the face to face students since I did remote. And then the school question why some people have covid. 

That's terrible, and it's sad at the same time! Good to hear that you opted for online learning instead.

However during this whole remote learning and quarantine, I am still addicted to ELOD. I did watch other dramas but somehow circle back to ELOD. Takes my mind off the chaotic things going around. Wish Donghua can use his power and just whoosh all the Covid away.

ELOD, Soompi, and music. :smile: Same wishes, and blow away those who don't seem to care if they're spreading COVID.

Take care there @Khue N :heart:

××××××÷÷÷÷÷÷××××××

26 minutes ago, Megan said:

Of course. 

You also do for the latest poll here in Soompi :lol: The one in orange banner. ELOD is leading for Cdramas. ^_^

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Khue N said:

We're doing terrible. Everyday at least where I'm in. My families who isn't from the US would asked and we can talk for hours and hours about what's going on here causing everyday there's always something new.  :/// Literally a few days ago there were riots and it was crazy. Some people are really irresponsible. As a student also, our school is kinda forcing us to go back and assure us that we'll be safe. When last semester wearing mask wasn't forcefully meaning yea students come in without mask sometimes, they don't check our temperature or have some health questions we have to answer, and social distancing? We barely have any. All cramp up when we have to move from class to class. From what I heard from the face to face students since I did remote. And then the school question why some people have covid.  Although I'm doing remote learning this year so I'm not sure how they will be more strict towards covid regulation this semester.

That's really horrible that your school wasn't taking those safety precautions. At least at my college, my guesstimate is that like 98% of classes are remote, and the only classes that aren't remote are things like labs and clinicals, so if you have it you'd only go in like once a week. And labs and clinicals are things that absolutely cannot be done online. Its really good though that you at least have the option to do remote learning, that's what the majority of people where I am are doing, so the students who are choosing to do in person learning (I mean pre-k through 12, not college) are at least able to socially distance. I really hope your school will step it up with the safety regulations and good for you for choosing to do remote learning! 

2 hours ago, Khue N said:

^same. :lol:

• Wiggle 3

47 minutes ago, Megan said:

Until his daughters decide they want to play too. Or is that what Gun Gun is for?

Let the daughter arrive and grow big enough to be interested with someone's hair. There are plenty of heads full of tresses to choose from, either in Jiuchongtian or in Qing Qiu. ;) 

• Like 1