[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 minutes ago, Megan said:

I really hope this won’t be extra cost. Even though it probably is.

It may or may not be, though TBH, I won't mind. The Lotus Steps is also a beautiful read. The first 24 chapters are a rollercoaster of adventures and certified emotional wringer. Teen Cheng Yu can totally match and exceed the mischief of Feng Jiu. And there'll be 4 volumes of it. 

If anything, I am being hopeful seeing the English phrase which is part of the whole design of the book jacket of Lotus Steps. 

• Like 2

Their lips are pretty identical.

In Chinese Feng Shui as what I've read before, upper lip represents intelligence and lower lip for physical attractiveness. If both have the same thickness, it means the beholder values both IQEQ and beauty equally. Philtrum depth represents physical intimacy desire. 

Anyone here knows face feng shui? :D

nbu989v.jpg

Credit : Post in ELOD Pillow Book Cast on FB

• LOL 4

I just went to preorder lotus step if only so I can get the hands on the 3rd book. I am told that even though the book will be released on CNY, it will take 2 to 3 months to reach. T.T oh well, it’s not like I could actually understand it anyway.

• Blob 1

59 minutes ago, Megan said:

I just went to preorder lotus step if only so I can get the hands on the 3rd book. I am told that even though the book will be released on CNY, it will take 2 to 3 months to reach. T.T oh well, it’s not like I could actually understand it anyway.

How did you preorder it?

Are there Chinese words you learnt from 三生三世?

for me, the movie and drama of 十里桃花 taught me of 放肆. I can still picture both Bai Qian actresses and the Sky lord saying it.

for ELOD...I learned that 变态 can mean weirdo in addition to pervert. Actually after the fact that Dong Hua did not avert his eyes immediately while Feng Jiu was bathing, this might be true in both respects...lol

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Are there Chinese words you learnt from 三生三世?

for me, the movie and drama of 十里桃花 taught me of 放肆. I can still picture both Bai Qian actresses and the Sky lord saying it.

for ELOD...I learned that 变态 can mean weirdo in addition to pervert. Actually after the fact that Dong Hua did not avert his eyes immediately while Feng Jiu was bathing, this might be true in both respects...lol

May I suggest that you spell out the hanyu pinyin. So everyone can know how it's being pronounced as well ;)

• Like 1

Came across this link from Sina Entertainment shared by enthusiasts of another well-known drama sometime around midyear last year. Last night, I checked it again, and the last paragraph of the write-up about Ciwen Media is intriguing. 

Take it with a grain of salt. :) It may or may not be...

Spoiler

...the same Lotus Steps.

2019年末公司已拥有储备小说改编权、剧本近百部,例如《大秦帝国》系列、《神探伽利略》、《弹痕》等。在产品中,《X女特工之黑天鹅》《楚乔传2》正在筹备,《步步生莲》剧本优化中,等待有利市场时机开机拍摄,《脱骨香》预计将在2020年四季度或者2021年一季度开机,《紫川》预计2020 年四季度开机。

Via Google auto translate:

Spoiler

At the end of 2019, the company has the right to reserve novel adaptations and nearly a hundred scripts, such as the "Dai Qin Empire" series, "Detective Galileo" , "Bullet Mark" and so on. Among the products, "The Black Swan of X Female Agent" and "The Legend of Chu Qiao 2" are in preparation, and the script of "The Lotus Step by Step" is being optimized. It is waiting for a favorable market time to start shooting. "The Fragrance of Boneless" is expected to be in the fourth quarter of 2020 Or it will start in the first quarter of 2021, and Zichuan is expected to start in the fourth quarter of 2020.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

I actually posted a birthday wish on his weibo via message. 
did you know that some fans actually wished him happy birthday on a huge building screen? I was amazed. Seriously how did they do that?

He has fans who got deep pockets and fans who are willing to arrange that for him. :) Yeah, his Thai fans did that. It's all over Twitter.

• Where's My Oppa? 1

I am currently reading You’re My Glory. Yu Tu’s personality is kind of like Dong Hua’s...

How does Dong Hua tolerate Qingti in Taichen palace when the latter had such a buddy-buddy relationship with Feng Jiu?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

How does Dong Hua tolerate Qingti in Taichen palace when the latter had such a buddy-buddy relationship with Feng Jiu?

Easy. Ye Qingti has Feng Jiu's fairy essence. :) 

And I believe Xie Guchou schooled Ye Qingti well when he was under his tutelage on the difference of what FJ feels for DH compared to him, even if she helped him become immortal.

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ye Qingti has Feng Jiu's fairy essence

???how does that help Dong Hua tolerate Qingti?

Qingti may not have anymore romantic feelings towards Feng Jiu, but they still have a natural close friendship. Their bond over wine...

Just now, Megan said:

???how does that help Dong Hua tolerate Qingti?

Qingti may not have anymore romantic feelings towards Feng Jiu, but they still have a natural close friendship. Their bond over wine...

DH won't hate someone who has a part of his wife. Ye Qingti was the heir of DH before starlight ward. 

For sure things changed after defeating Miao Luo, but drama and book POV, if DH didn't choose Ye Qingti as his successor, the next events wouldn't have had FJ and DH together again.

Actually, a lot of DH and FJ being together was due to YQT. FJ wanted to revive him, and that's how DH trained FJ. DH's initial decision over the Saha fruit sent FJ and DH to the dream realm.

When they separated, YQT is the reason they met again in Jiuchongtian since jade pond will be permanently closed. FJ had to return to help YQT be a full immortal before jade pond's closure. When DH chose him as next Tai Chen Di Jun, FJ realised and found out what was going on. At the starlight ward, DH and FJ would then be truly honest to each other on how they feel. 

So no, I don't think DH will not tolerate YQT. :)

• Like 1