[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Victory

EpsHQRlUcAM2XO_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Credit:@gong_ELD

××××××÷÷÷÷÷××××××

History Lessons

BGG: Father, why did you choose the celestials?

DH: The gods begged me to take their side.

(Hahahaha, Zhe Yan!)

Ep7znzkUwAAva4e?format=jpg&name=900x900
Credit: @gong_ELD

Poor BGG is again confused. In the books, DH chose the celestials because of their praise-worthy morals, such that Heaven was touched and watched over this clan. (APB1, p81)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 12/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, MayanEcho said:

Same like the actor for Zhi Lan, that he played Xiao Yan next. 

Speaking of Zhi Lan, is he really the twin brother of Xiao Yan? During the rewatch in episode 3 I only realised this info which I've completely missed out. But I dont remember reading about this in the book. Enlighten me pls, tq! :lol:

Who do you want for Christmas btw? :Viki-Soompi-Winter-Gift-Emoji:

t5DDr9i.jpg

• Blob 2

24 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Speaking of Zhi Lan, is he really the twin brother of Xiao Yan? During the rewatch in episode 3 I only realised this info which I've completely missed out. But I dont remember reading about this in the book. Enlighten me pls, tq! :lol:

That one was made up coz same actor! :lol: 

But TBH, the actor styled as Xiao Yan is close to how I can imagine the book's fair adonis with delicate features, BGG thought he was a "sister". ^_^

By looks...The only one in white tee, hahaha! Followed by the one in gray turtleneck. Laid back styling versus dressed up.

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Can you imagine Dong Hua hovering over his second baby? If only to be present for that first laugh, first word, first step.

Except when FJ, BGG, and the Bai family holds their youngest member, second baby's infancy will be spent in DH's arms. :sweatingbullets: 

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Epiphany...Dong Hua actually got the ring size right on the first try. Perfect fit! Wow...

He can't read FJ correctly at all times, but he notices minute things about her. Like that obscure tea leaf in her hair...

They held hands a lot, he will know the ring size for the left index finger.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 3

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Considering that Dong Hua raised Lian Song...how do you think their relationship became best friends instead of mentor and student?

Because he never really mentored anyone other than FJ. ^_^

Dong Hua has recognised who among the sons of Tianjun is the most talented - that's Lian Song. The young 3rd Prince stays in the Tai Chen Palace library like it's his dormitory. (Lotus Steps)

Basically it wasn't a mentor-student relationship because in the first place, grandpa has never accepted students. Not even Ye Hua when Tianjun asked him.

That Tianjun didn't know who really is the bright son among his sons is because the 3rd Prince has no problems letting his elder brothers shine.  He staying under the radar allowed him to pursuit what he wanted, while outwardly he's known as the idle playboy of Jiuchongtian. (Lotus Steps)

Dong Hua has seen through the facade. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Megan said:

I can’t remember if I asked this before. But regarding the book, how do you think Dong Hua would have reacted during the night flower session if Feng Jiu had revealed she was not Aranya?

The infamous "Oh?"...and let the FJ Aranya reveal more of herself on her own.

DH already knew though, since FJ talked as who she really is. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Megan said:

In the drama, yes. In the book, no. He only realized she was Feng Jiu in the book after the fire.

Which was nicer, IMO, the book POV compared to the drama, because there are obscure hints in their Yueling Hua outing, but he didn't get it. Until the fire happened and he heard from FJ Aranya who she really was, it rammed more forcefully the point how shallow their fate is to be together. 

Book POV he himself didn't recognise her, his "wife", as he spent more time with his pregnant sister-in-law Junou due to his assumption that FJ's primordial spirit is resting in her womb. 

Fengjiu’s soul needed to be stored inside a living person to recuperate. But if her soul was transplanted into a normal person while her cultivation was limited, he feared her soul would become entangled with the host’s soul and afterwards become inseparable. That would be very problematic. It would be best to find a pregnant woman to host her soul inside the womb. That would be the best. (APB2, p37)

The reaction would still be the same though if he found out in the Yueling Hua festival who she is, the cold indifference which masks his actual thoughts. DH would parallelly investigate of course where his calculation went wrong on where FJ's primordial spirit should be, as he gives more time and attention to his "wife" Aranya.

• Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Can you imagine during the ideal father side story. If one of Gun Gun’s questions had been, “Can I sleep with mother?” Because by then Gun Gun was sleeping in another room.

He'll likely conjure another bed for BGG in the same room as FJ. :)  So that he can sleep without getting disturbed when DH gives medication at night for FJ.

BGG would wake up in the morning in his own bed and room though. ^_^

• LOL 2

Do you all still go back to watching/reading your favorite bits on a regular basis?

I wont read the full (annotated) novel yet, I'm saving that for the end of next month in anticipation of Lotus Step. :lol: 

Same with the drama...

Love these blends... found on Pinterest, uploaded by Phuong Nguyen.

The colours and the details in this drama- superb! 

12cdd7c47c80edab785304535bd8cc28.jpg

8a97c36461b976d7ce2fc829fe08dc6e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3