[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

30 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

her parents still encouraged her to speak her mind and stand her ground.That is why she dared argue with Lord Buddha and even pull pranks on Little Gray Wolf didi. Haha..

When she goes to destroy Cang Yi palace ,when she decides to save the dancers, fight MiaoLuo,  be a single mother in the mortal realm and help his husband against his enemy she is a badass !!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4

9 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

When she goes to destroy Cang Yi palace ,when she decides to save the dancers, fight MiaoLuo,  be a single mother in the mortal realm and help his husband against his enemy she is a badass !!!

Absolutely! A lot of things that she does is because of good family upbringing. BGG might be her Achilles Heel though coz he inherited his father's sharp tounge. He is a tough one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

9 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Absolutely! A lot of things that she does is because of good family upbringing. BGG might be her Achilles Heel though coz he inherited his father's sharp tounge. He is a tough one.

Yeah he is not easily lied to...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Hi all, thought you might want to watch this youtube, if it hasn't already been posted. Thanks to @nitepolaris for sharing this video with me!!! In short, for those who have been wondering what the @$(*&*(# does Thank you and Forget me mean???? (for the second phrase - @Yori Ten am thinking about you)

Here's a translation for the video starting from 0.08 seconds. (The narrator's comments that lines had been omitted have not been authentified, I wouldn't be able to do so anyway) Nevertheless, do enjoy! And yes, I have my pitchfork out and raring to go. :naughty:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the ending, there is a controversial script/line for the actor. This is the part where both Dong Hua and Feng Jiu are lying down, wounded, after defeating Miao Luo. And Dong Hua says “Thank you”, followed by “Forget me”.

Thank you can be easily understood. Which would be, thank you for her love, thank you for sacrificing her life to save him. BUT the next part “Forget me” is totally unexpected and rather abrupt. What in the he** is forget me? Feng Jiu can’t get out of the Starlight Ward, doesn’t Dong Hua know that? Besides, Feng Jiu loves you so much, how could she forget you?

In this part, many of the actor’s lines were omitted. As it is, these two words already evoke a lot of emotions on their own. The original script is even more of a tear-jerker.

The original script was: Thank you. Thank you for letting me experience what love feels like. Thank you for letting me meet you. Thank you for giving me a family. Forget me. When they come to save you, I would have passed on, and in this world, Dong Hua Di Jun will cease to exist. Don’t worry about me anymore.

Such a touching and heart-felt explanation, shortened to two phrases “Thank you” and “Forget me”, why was it cut? Could it be that Dong Hua didn’t have the breath to utter so many sentences? The original script definitely does a better job of shedding light on what “Forget me” was trying to express.

No one can better understand what slowly traversing a life as an immortal would mean, other than Di Jun, a 360,000-year-old deity and the most esteemed one in the Heavenly Realm, at that. He doesn’t want to let go. Even when he dies, he wants to take Feng Jiu along. But for the 30,000-year-old Feng Jiu, life has just begun. Feng Jiu is not only Dong Hua’s love, she is the Empress of Qing Qiu. She is set to inherit the throne. Which is why Dong Hua hopes that when he passes on, she can forget him and lead a happy life. Just as how he told Zhe Yan that he cannot offer any promise to Feng Jiu in this marriage, all he can do is support her and give her, her freedom. Thus, “thank you’ and “forget me’ are what in his final moments, within his power, he can do in offering her that freedom.

Di Jun’s biggest mistake is not being aware of how much Feng Jiu loves him. And on his own makes the decision for her without ever consulting her whether she agrees or not. Not only that, he keeps everything to himself, so how would Feng Jiu know what is going on? All she can do is think baselessly. What he thinks is good for Feng Jiu may not necessarily  be what she deems as good. Di Jun always carries the burden by himself but what Feng Jiu wants is to share the burden with him.

But we can’t say that Di Jun is selfish. He is accustomed to shouldering all the responsibility and making all the decisions in his capacity as the former master of the Universe; it has become a habit. In addition, this is his first relationship and he lacks the experience. He has not yet perceived her as an equal partner who can bear the burden together with him,  he showers her with love and offers her protection, instead.

That’s all for now!

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

In this part, many of the actor’s lines were omitted. As it is, these two words already evoke a lot of emotions on their own. The original script is even more of a tear-jerker.

The original script was: Thank you. Thank you letting me experience what love feels like. Thank you for letting me meet you. Thank you giving me a family. Forget me. When they come to save you, I would have passed on, and in this world, Dong Hua Di Jun will cease to exist. Don’t worry about me anymore.

Such a touching and heart-felt explanation, shortened to two phrases “Thank you” and “Forget me”, why was it cut? Could it be that Dong Hua didn’t have the breath to utter so many sentences? The original script definitely does a better job of shedding light on what “Forget me” was trying to express.

Why on earth would they edit the scene to those two words?

That original script would have left me bawling! So impactful. I would have cried like there was no tomorrow!

It would have made total sense and totally break my heart into pieces like that scene hasn't already!

I feel so cheated.

@SC2019 I have my pitchfork ready to go too. Will happily join you!

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 6

50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He gets pampered when he pouts. ;)

DH knows FJ's weaknesses.. everytime he wants to be pampered or indulged by FJ, all he have to do is pretending or acted pitiful and then pouts..and it works.

He done all of  that in the cave scene EP 42 and before bathtub scene EP 46.

Awww I love it...Never fail to make me feels in awe with DH's adorably sweet and cute, also his adorkable behaviours everytime I re-watched those scene .. it's a contradictory of what the whole world had  known or heard about him.

Desireless, Emotionless , Loveless deity? pfff.. that deity has turned into childishly sweet cute soft and sappy...the former Master of the universe.....became the most passionate and affectionate lover in the whole universe.. bravo FJ!

And in different circumstances... when DH want to make fun of FJ which is one of his hobby....he just have to touched his forehead..and said something like" aahhh I remembered that day you said about pimpo fruit...etc etc...." and FJ...on the spot will do anything he wants .. right away.

Tended his wounded after ML fight EP 30 and also when FJ reluctantly cooking for him but end up have to cook a different dishes( fish) for him after that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

I have a feeling it will always be DH:0 from now on, at least when it matters. He's no fool. Losing is winning in his position. :joy:

Happy wife, happy life. Lol DH is no fool.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

@SC2019 I have an array of weapons up and armed should anyone is ready for the battle of the century. I saw the article on this and trust me, I was fuming. To see an actual video have fired my deepest suppressed anger and lord help me if I ever pick up my nerves of steel to confront the monkeys and apes that butchered my ELoD.

They changed or cut the lines and gave us XY and JH sex romp. What the flying richard simmons! (Curse you filter!!!)

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 9

37 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

No one can better understand what slowly traversing a life as an immortal would mean, other than Di Jun, a 360,000-year-old deity and the most esteemed one in the Heavenly Realm, at that. He doesn’t want to let go. Even when he dies, he wants to take Feng Jiu along. But for the 30,000-year-old Feng Jiu, life has just begun. Feng Jiu is not only Dong Hua’s love, she is the Empress of Qing Qiu. She is set to inherit the throne. Which is why Dong Hua hopes that when he passes on, she can forget him and lead a happy life. Just as how he told Zhe Yan that he cannot offer any promise to Feng Jiu in this marriage, all he can do is support her and give her, her freedom. Thus, “thank you’ and “forget me’ are what in his final moments, within his power, he can do in offering her that freedom.

Yeah, DH underestimate the extent FJ loves him. Because FJ would not want to live in a world without him, just like DH's shadow and mortal life, he wasn't able to go on without her. I have no doubt FJ would have died of a broken heart if DH passed away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

Below is a small book scene/character analysis after reading all the comments above.

I have always felt it is not that Di Jun is stupid for making that decision not to tell her anything. The Miao Yi Hui Ming Realm is made by him to contain the 3 poisons of mankind. As the poison built up in the Realm, Miao Luo manifested. For many millenia, Dong Hua had been trying to find a solution to completely dissolve the poisons and to get rid of Miao Luo for good. Unfortunately, circumstances are often out of control. It was murphy's law at play when the worst things started to happen at the wrong times. Before he could find a permanent solution to the problem, he ran out of time.

For example the stuff that went down on their wedding day. It just happened. He can't change it so he can plan all he likes, even getting Yan Chi Wu to send the letter, but things just went totally awry. YCW had to go get himself almost killed by running into his enemies at the wrong time.

By the end of the story, the buddhist mantra "To say more is to make more mistakes, there is no point saying anything more" is true for them. Which is why by that time, 200 years later, he only wished to meet her one more time before sacrificing his essence to purify the three poisons and destroy Miao Luo. He is giving himself to the world, to die so that everyone else can live. What is more noble than this? This is true to Dong Hua's character, the one that his PR officer Zhong Lin frequently talks about. 

He may look carefree, with a dark humor and bad cooking but he has always been there in the background taking care of everyone else without their knowledge. He is not as free as he looks. He is bound as an ancient immortal to care for the world. 

The original script kind of followed the book but had to change it for theatrical purposes. I love the way Tang Qi wrote the original fight. The way the fight ended and they way it ended with both of them holding hands works for the book. For the show, they totally changed how the fight went down. Dong Hua wasn't as powerful as the book fight in the adapted version and the both of them took more injury which is why the "Thank you" scene would have worked better. And which is why the screenwriters wrote it that way.

They originally planned for 60 episodes and if they were given the license for the 60, they would have preserved the original cinematic exchange. But the truth is they got the license for 56 episodes which is why they cut 4 out. That is a lot of missing scenes. I personally feel they should either take the entire scene out instead of putting bits of it. Or putting in the entire scene with those heart rendering words and take out something else.

The license is posted at the end of the pre episode song, just before the show starts. It has a date and everything on it.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

The Fan art is getting Wild n Wilder and the Culprit is the DIRECTOR AND WRITERS why? They didn't give what we are expecting to that actual scene haysss That's why our Imagination is getting wilder n wilder :naughty: That's what i thought. :blush:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

15 hours ago, Ninky said:

Below is a small book scene/character analysis after reading all the comments above.

I have always felt it is not that Di Jun is stupid for making that decision not to tell her anything. The Miao Yi Hui Ming Realm is made by him to contain the 3 poisons of mankind. As the poison built up in the Realm, Miao Luo manifested. For many millenia, Dong Hua had been trying to find a solution to completely dissolve the poisons and to get rid of Miao Luo for good. Unfortunately, circumstances are often out of control. It was murphy's law at play when the worst things started to happen at the wrong times. Before he could find a permanent solution to the problem, he ran out of time.

For example the stuff that went down on their wedding day. It just happened. He can't change it so he can plan all he likes, even getting Yan Chi Wu to send the letter, but things just went totally awry. YCW had to go get himself almost killed by running into his enemies at the wrong time.

By the end of the story, the buddhist mantra "To say more is to make more mistakes, there is no point saying anything more" is true for them. Which is why by that time, 200 years later, he only wished to meet her one more time before sacrificing his essence to purify the three poisons and destroy Miao Luo. He is giving himself to the world, to die so that everyone else can live. What is more noble than this? This is true to Dong Hua's character, the one that his PR officer Zhong Lin frequently talks about. 

He may look carefree, with a dark humor and bad cooking but he has always been there in the background taking care of everyone else without their knowledge. He is not as free as he looks. He is bound as an ancient immortal to care for the world. 

The original script kind of followed the book but had to change it for theatrical purposes. I love the way Tang Qi wrote the original fight. The way the fight ended and they way it ended with both of them holding hands works for the book. For the show, they totally changed how the fight went down. Dong Hua wasn't as powerful as the book fight in the adapted version and the both of them took more injury which is why the "Thank you" scene would have worked better. And which is why the screenwriters wrote it that way.

They originally planned for 60 episodes and if they were given the license for the 60, they would have preserved the original cinematic exchange. But the truth is they got the license for 56 episodes which is why they cut 4 out. That is a lot of missing scenes. I personally feel they should either take the entire scene out instead of putting bits of it. Or putting in the entire scene with those heart rendering words and take out something else.

The license is posted at the end of the pre episode song, just before the show starts. It has a date and everything on it.

Do you have a copy of books ? the license for 56 episode is there a way to change it or not ? if they know that the license they get is 56 episode then they should think or do other way around to complete the story without cutting the scene haysss they should extended the running hour for each episode, so all scene will release.:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I have an inkling that their notice for the licensing cut to 56 episodes was given to them in haste at the last minute. As only the last episodes seemed edited and not the other arcs. I wonder had they been given enough time, would the cuts be different and in which arc?

• Sad 3
  • Insightful 1