[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Hi my fellow harem members, sorry for the long post I just wanted to ask for us to please remember to remain calm until we learn what is the truth, and not speculate too much, and remain calm even if we never learn the truth. We can sharpen our pitchforks, but let's not throw them yet. Like what Demone Lord says to XY, sometimes we have to not use the sword. Otherwise we are no better than DR's rabid fans. I understand and feel your frustration, I think that the issue is multilayered, it could have to do with the Gov't restrictions on dramas, it could have been the production team, it could be anything. I know that the actress who played JH hasn't done anything to win viewers favor, but also, you could be projecting the annoyance you feel about the character she played on her. It's easy to create a scapegoat, but it's less easy to take back your wrong actions, and as we have seen what we say and do on the internet has real consequences. Just like how we have a petition for the full 60 episodes, we could ask for the full uncut version, though it's unlikely to happen. Let's remember that we are fortunate to have the drama at all, as the license to bring the show to "life" was expiring and the actress was unlikely to allow it to be made. Yes, the editing for the last episodes was a mess, yes the mortal arc was too long, I felt some of it was necessary even if it didn't follow the book, as it shows how FJ matured and also, it made sense to make DH actually go to the mortal realm, he didnt regain his power I think bc he couldn't forget the love he had for FJ, it shows that their love is fated. Also, I agree that the original script ending for JH gave her more dignity than what we got, but let's see that as karma okay? We pity her more for the ending that she was given (or perhaps wanted), rather then the one that she becomes the Demon Queen, right? In my opinion, that scene with XY felt forced, and we can see through it, also it shows very little character development on her part, she's still thinking that a "happy ending" has to be that you got a guy, but we would respect her a little more if she finally accepted DH doesn't want to have anything to do with her, and maybe through that she learns to be a leader for her people bc she'll focus on that, and perhaps in time she did grow to love XY, but by then XY has moved on and she accepted that. So, in conclusion go ahead and voice your displeasure but remember that we don't/won't have all the pieces of the puzzle, let's not fuel the flames towards hate right away, and even if it was the actress orchestrating everything, oh well right? She still hasn't won anyone's favor, no matter how she tried. VG and DR still gave us great performances, and we still love our DongFeng couple (might I say some of us love them even more than the book version?). I'm okay if you disagree with me too. Hearing and reading everything on here does fill me with a bit of disappointment, but I'm still satisfied. Sending you all love as always!! :heart:

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

Hi my fellow harem members, sorry for the long post I just wanted to ask for us to please remember to remain calm until we learn what is the truth, and not speculate too much, and remain calm even if we never learn the truth. We can sharpen our pitchforks, but let's not throw them yet. Like what Demone Lord says to XY, sometimes we have to not use the sword. Otherwise we are no better than DR's rabid fans. I understand and feel your frustration, I think that the issue is multilayered, it could have to do with the Gov't restrictions on dramas, it could have been the production team, it could be anything. I know that the actress who played JH hasn't done anything to win viewers favor, but also, you could be projecting the annoyance you feel about the character she played on her. It's easy to create a scapegoat, but it's less easy to take back your wrong actions, and as we have seen what we say and do on the internet has real consequences. Just like how we have a petition for the full 60 episodes, we could ask for the full uncut version, though it's unlikely to happen. Let's remember that we are fortunate to have the drama at all, as the license to bring the show to "life" was expiring and the actress was unlikely to allow it to be made. Yes, the editing for the last episodes was a mess, yes the mortal arc was too long, I felt some of it was necessary even if it didn't follow the book, as it shows how FJ matured and also, it made sense to make DH actually go to the mortal realm, he didnt regain his power I think bc he couldn't forget the love he had for FJ, it shows that their love is fated. Also, I agree that the original script ending for JH gave her more dignity than what we got, but let's see that as karma okay? We pity her more for the ending that she was given (or perhaps wanted), rather then the one that she becomes the Demon Queen, right? In my opinion, that scene with XY felt forced, and we can see through it, also it shows very little character development on her part, she's still thinking that a "happy ending" has to be that you got a guy, but we would respect her a little more if she finally accepted DH doesn't want to have anything to do with her, and maybe through that she learns to be a leader for her people bc she'll focus on that, and perhaps in time she did grow to love XY, but by then XY has moved on and she accepted that. So, in conclusion go ahead and voice your displeasure but remember that we don't/won't have all the pieces of the puzzle, let's not fuel the flames towards hate right away, and even if it was the actress orchestrating everything, oh well right? She still hasn't won anyone's favor, no matter how she tried. VG and DR still gave us great performances, and we still love our DongFeng couple (might I say some of us love them even more than the book version?). I'm okay if you disagree with me too. Hearing and reading everything on here does fill me with a bit of disappointment, but I'm still satisfied. Sending you all love as always!! :heart:

Personally, I think it''s still a good production. The acting is still awesome. I have always known through working with members of the film and television world in the past on some projects, things will always change during pre/post production. Although I may not personally agree with some of the changes, it doesn't mean I don't love the show. I think people are just voicing their frustration simply because perhaps it could have been even better. But perceptions are different for different people, that's why we have so many different opinions on the same subject.

There are many people involved in changes to script/pre/post production, that includes all the actors on set who may have input and things do change, I won't go so far as to say it's due to one person. No it just doesn't work that way in the film and TV industry. 

I have posted a couple of posts here regarding this and as I read some of the posts from the other ladies, some of the pitchforks were said in jest, I believe the ladies here all  love the show, however as great as a show is/was, these are still fair criticisms. Without criticism, actors don't improve, the directors won't improve, the editing team doesn't improve and the standard of shows will go down. So you need to think of it in a positive way as well. I used to work as an art director and trust me when I say I get criticised a lot throughout my career in the past but I took them in my stride and did better and better work till I eventually won 2 awards. As the saying goes, rome is not built in a single day.  @xiaoxf

• Like 11
  • Insightful 4

@xiaoxf

Oh how I love this forum! We most definitely welcome all sorts of opinions here, the more diverse the merrier. And no need to apologize for the long post though. I love reading them! 

Firstly, we are all here because we love ELod, otherwise this thread would have died down the moment the drama ended. But look, we are over 500 pages and still going strong. Why? Because we all still have things that we wanted to say, stories that we wanted to share.

And of the things that we wanted to say and the stories that we wanted to share, some of it may come off as unpleasant. However, try not to take it to heart. As @Ninky have eloquently pointed out, criticism is important for growth.

From what I have seen so far, we have been very vocal about certain things or as you pointed out a certain person. That is just how crticism works. We take a situation and we analyze it. It may not be the absolute truth but there is a saying in Chinese : There are no waves without the wind - 无风不起浪 or its English equivalent There is no smoke without fire. 

Anyways, our pitchforks are just for show. Haha...

I dont think any ladies here will actually use it. Or..maybe there are???!!! Our love for ELoD will most definitely not waver just because of some external factors beyond our control. So, the only thing that we can do is talk it out but also knowing that we bear full responsibility for our words. That is why for me, I always make sure whatever personal opinion I have that doesn't necessary goes well with everyone is hidden under the spoiler tag. This way, if someone choose not to read, they can skip.

Do keep on commenting and participate here. I feel really happy that everyone here have their own opinion instead of being subjected to a herd mentality. 

Peace out!

• Like 9
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Oh, I think you meant more 'under the blanket' scenes :D

Ha!!! They owe me steamy ones :D maybe a movie cause i noticed movies do steamy stuff :D.  But! I would hope the story is captivating and would showcase their talents.

And please, a worth promos.

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3

19 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

70 000? Yeah, right, Dijun is younger than them all. Even Bai Qian is older than this :D

70,000 defnitely incorrect, Zhe Yan (in tmopb) said before that he's very old as old as time itself almost. There is no way Bai Qian is older as Dijun is in the same generation as Zhe Yan in TMOPB. :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Thanks everyone,  this has been a great community for me and I hope it continues to be one for us all!! I'm a newbie when it comes to online communities, and  just don't want our nice little forum to become a angry mob :pensive:. It's hard to read sarcasm, so I just wanted to keep us all calm. Also, from my experience Cnetz can be so toxic, and they have already begun pilling up hate to JH actress, though she is not helping the situation with her responses. I enjoy everyone's opinions, whether I agree or not,  I appreciate all the hard work that is done to give us extra goodies, the translating, deep dives into the web for bts, the investigation to bring us news/gossip, posting of actor's pics :smirk: etc. I'm sorry I cannot contribute much in that regards and love how we discuss more than just ELod. My hope is that we get all of the deleted scenes, hearing about the script and how good it was really makes me wonder too.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

Thanks everyone,  this has been a great community for me and I hope it continues to be one for us all!! I'm a newbie when it comes to online communities, and  just don't want our nice little forum to become a angry mob :pensive:. It's hard to read sarcasm, so I just wanted to keep us all calm. I enjoy everyone's opinions, whether I agree or not,  I appreciate all the hard work that is done to give us extra goodies, the translating, posting of actor's pics :smirk: etc. I'm sorry I cannot contribute much in that regards and love how we discuss more than just ELod. My hope is that we get all of the deleted scenes, hearing about the script and how good it was really makes me wonder too.

I assure you there's no angry mob in this forum...in fact it's one of the tamest forum. 

I don't deny being one of the pitchforkers. But will I actually wield it? Nope, only in my mind. I will when it's upgraded to a trident. Hahaha! Neither is the reason to maim someone. It's more of a play of word as against skewering the one who messed up. 

I'm not sure how old you are, but regarding sarcasm,  it can't be helped that sometimes, there simply isn't any better choice of words to use. Of course we do have varied views on what we read.

Personally, for me, this forum is like a place where different sorts of folks with their mutual interests are having fun with lively, open, frank discussions. It can even get hot or naughty sometimes, just look at some pages back.

Cross fingers there'll be more of ELOD later on :)

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@xiaoxf seems like Vengo is more than just a cameo (as he was tagged in wiki) in that new series. Thanks for sharing :heart:

Tell us your not 18 below or we might just need to do the 'mature tag' someone recommended earlier. Its gets so naughty here when someone starts to :naughty::joy: 

Its a great community here (its my first active forum :relaxed:). I love it too and they are very welcoming :heart:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Cnetz can be toxic but at the same time they can be very funny. Presenting this SLOWMO kiss for research purposes. And below are cnetz reactions.

Some replies

https://m.weibo.cn/5242026414/4486076552754280

Sisters, slow it down by 0.5x and observe the whole process carefully. Do not miss even by one second. I can't remind you enough.

This kiss can only be performed with the tongue. Otherwise, you won't be able to hold it. Try it with the back of your hand.

If you retract your tongue, you will drool.

This clip might be deleted. I didn't see the tongue but I love the analysis. See R's reaction at the corner of her mouth. No, I can't watch anymore. Too big, I am scared.

You devils! How is V going to face R. They are colleagues!!

This kiss really kills me ten thousand times. Ahhhhhhh....

I am watching and salivating

I have tried it using the back of my hand. I have tried it!!

I have seen this too many times. And yes, I saw it, I saw it, I saw the tongue finally!!

• Naughty 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all!

I'm really glad and thankful I found this forum :blush: so I can get my daily fix of The Pillow Book :D.  I was also a lurker (thank you for all the wonderful posts) and just decided to join in on the conversations :D. I have a lot of catching up to do as I really wanna read all the posts from the beginning :D

Cheers!! :heart:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

41 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

@xiaoxf seems like Vengo is more than just a cameo (as he was tagged in wiki) in that new series. Thanks for sharing :heart:

Tell us your not 18 below or we might just need to do the 'mature tag' someone recommended earlier. Its gets so naughty here when someone starts to :naughty::joy: 

Its a great community here (its my first active forum :relaxed:). I love it too and they are very welcoming :heart:

NP! :blush: I am in my early 30's, lol, but thanks for thinking I'm under 18. So I can enjoy all that mature content to my heart's content.

c( ~_ • )ɔ <------ DH's infamous one eyed stare Hmmm, Yeah, I wondered why they said he has a cameo? Maybe he doesn't show up until later? Maybe that's why? My body and mind are ready for "grungy" VG, lol also, do you think he had to wear that muscle undershirt lol like when he was SXR? Seems like he bulked for wrath of time series, but lost a lot of the muscle by the time he filmed ELOD.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

28 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

Hi all!

I'm really glad and thankful I found this forum :blush: so I can get my daily fix of The Pillow Book :D.  I was also a lurker (thank you for all the wonderful posts) and just decided to join in on the conversations :D. I have a lot of catching up to do as I really wanna read all the posts from the beginning :D

Cheers!! :heart:

Welcome friend!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I have seen this too many times. And yes, I saw it, I saw it, I saw the tongue finally!!

Damn, this is some sort of magic trick. I saw it the first time and now I cannot see it anymore. Was it there or it's just my imagination :joy: 

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Presenting this SLOWMO kiss for research purposes. And below are cnetz reactions.

Some replies

https://m.weibo.cn/5242026414/4486076552754280

This kiss can only be performed with the tongue. Otherwise, you won't be able to hold it. Try it with the back of your hand.

If you retract your tongue, you will drool.

I think I saw a tongue too when they deepened the kiss :flushed:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 10

57 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Sisters, slow it down by 0.5x and observe the whole process carefully. Do not miss even by one second. I can't remind you enough.

I have tried it using the back of my hand. I have tried it!!

Us fans,  all in the name of research :D.  I've watched it so many times, zoomed in and tried it under the blanket so there's no reflection. But I still couldn't see it.  Maybe I need to rest my eyes and try again later :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11