[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 6/24/2021 at 4:14 AM, PomeeYuuki said:

Ikr! 

One of the reasons i prefer Donghua are his swift actions and takes no grievance from anyone. Even for promises, he's sly enough to have power over them to bend those to his preference. DH also had the power to command that freedom for his will.

YH also takes swift actions like how he stabbed Sujin on their wedding day. But he let too many unnecessary things to happen in his own courtyard. He should have atleast put a spy near Sujin. I felt like he underestimated Sujin a lot. 

Also due to different circumstances and positions of power of YH and DH, no one has the power to dictate DH in his personal life. YH's story was too much like a palace drama with evil concubines and mother.

I know YH can't help it, but it just made me prefer DH more.

Don't get me wrong, i really appreciate his devotion to Bai Qian, but those were somethings i didn't really suit my taste.

I guess it all depends on what kind of drama one prefers.

Yes. I thought that was him too. Just too blurry.

Thank you!

Good points. YH is in a different situation compare to DH. 

I just cannot compute some of the choices YH makes and the consequences for BQ. It was traumatic for me as a viewer.

It is probably why I prefer DH and FJ's story. Perhaps it is because their love story is alot more fairytale like.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, PomeeYuuki said:

I feel like Gun Gun is luckier than A-li. 

Gun Gun atleast has 1000 years where his father will keep going for his annual 3-4 months seclusion and he can have his mother's full attention.

After 1000 years, he'll already be too old to be that clingy with his mother:lol:.

Maybe that's why he's not shown to be as fussy about this matter compared to A-li:lol:

Gun Gun is alot more lucky. He had alot more quality time with both of his parents. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Gun Gun is alot more lucky. He had alot more quality time with both of his parents.

The luck of Dijun being "retired" (ehem, not really), lets him have more time with his wife and son. :)

❤❤❤

• Like 2

Wow…MQ has no shame.

Despite being shown leniency for her crimes, being fired instead of reborn as an animal and implicating her brother, MQ actually begged to stay by the crown prince AFTER she was caught drugging him. And even begged BQ, whom she nearly KILLED, to help her.

hmm…between MQ and DJ, what is the difference between their lack of shame?

On 6/29/2021 at 5:26 PM, PomeeYuuki said:

There's something i wanted to ask.

Since Lotus Step is being translated, will it be updated at Novelupdates site too?

I myself didn't know it was being translated until i searched more for Back to chaos in a dream.

I feel like many others will also come to know about it from the 'related novels' column to the Ten miles peach blossom series in novelupdates.

Alongwith Back to chaos in a dream.

I usually try to direct people in youtube to read them at elodsoompie site when they say they wanted more.

But since Novelupdates is like a general site anyone goes to to read novels i just think it'll be easier.

@PomeeYuuki

No, since I don't use either novel updates or wattpad. Too open to ip theft on those sites.

Elodsoompie is where I can manage the content better so that's why we use it alone.

All our translation work is credited back to Tang Qi so we don't get into copyright wrangles with the author.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, ChibiLy said:

Good points. YH is in a different situation compare to DH. 

Ye Hua is stuck in a different situation. He had to manage his god awful Grandpa, while DH answers to no one and is the highest ranking immortal so it's clear that Dong Hua will have an easier time in this respect.

I just cannot compute some of the choices YH makes and the consequences for BQ. It was traumatic for me as a viewer.

He was naive to think that ignoring his "mortal" wife would keep her from harm and as it turns out, it was a terrible mistake. No one believed that he was truly ignoring her. Everyone knew he still loved her.

It is probably why I prefer DH and FJ's story. Perhaps it is because their love story is alot more fairytale like.

Because it was written to model a bedtime story as per Tang Qi's own words.

Yes, it is also clear from the outtake in Chapter three that he was thoroughly well loved. Remember when BQQ thought about how he co authored the new plaque at the Heavenly Jade Sea with his Father. And all the background info over the last ten years he had spent with both his parents. 

BQ literally had to abandon the baby boy because her heart and mind could take no more. It was so bad that she sought to escape her horrible memories via Zhe Yan's forget everything medication.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@PomeeYuuki

No, since I don't use either novel updates or wattpad. Too open to ip theft on those sites.

Elodsoompie is where I can manage the content better so that's why we use it alone.

All our translation work is credited back to Tang Qi so we don't get into copyright wrangles with the author.

Yes, it is also clear from the outtake in Chapter three that he was thoroughly well loved. Remember when BQQ thought about how he co authored the new plaque at the Heavenly Jade Sea with his Father. And all the background info over the last ten years he had spent with both his parents. 

Ikr!

I know so many of my favorite stories being in hiatus bcoz of theft and copyright problems.

So glad to see Lotus Step being translated :fullofhearts:waiting for more chapters!

Hoping to see more of DongFeng family moments in Lotus Step too. Back to chaos in a dream has made me even more greedy :sweet:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Wow…MQ has no shame.

Despite being shown leniency for her crimes, being fired instead of reborn as an animal and implicating her brother, MQ actually begged to stay by the crown prince AFTER she was caught drugging him. And even begged BQ, whom she nearly KILLED, to help her.

hmm…between MQ and DJ, what is the difference between their lack of shame?

spacer.png

ELOD Ep46, WeTV (screenshot gif by poster)

The difference is that even if he was very thick faced, and had even thought of killing his competition, DH takes into consideration what FJ would feel if he does it. Something Miao Qing, and most certainly Su Jin, never bothered to have any regard of as they tried to own Ye Hua.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

ELOD Ep46, WeTV (screenshot gif by poster)

The difference is that even if he was very thick faced, and had even thought of killing his competition, DH takes into consideration what FJ would feel if he does it. Something Miao Qing, and most certainly Su Jin, never bothered to have any regard of as they tried to own Ye Hua.

Heh that scene had so many funny parts-especially enjoyed the shocked look on FJ's face. 

I also pitty both actors since Im pretty sure that water was COLD! since steam tends to fog up camera lens!

So..  I think both A'Li n Bai Gun Gun will initally think the other had it best but then BGG will win out.  

A'Li got his dad caring for him closely for several hundred years.  Then he had his mom.  

BGG got his mom all to himself and now has his dad to help join in (when he isnt getting shooed off to play with A'Li).

I was pleased that both in the epilogue n Back to Chaos it shows that there are other immortals kids that they can play with since that was denied to YH.  

(PS sorry to have been away. Been a real life crazy month..)

• Like 2

Also need advice.

Lets say you were going to have a small dragon form Ye Hua puppet to bring along to a convention.  .  

What would be the best type of container to carry it in?   

(Im not going as Su-Su so no big basket...)  thinking of maybe repurposing a bamboo steamer box?  

Or anyone know of a good dragon/snake carrier from various series?  Pretty sure Yuchi in dragon form just was on a pillow for the most part.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Romulan said:

Heh that scene had so many funny parts-especially enjoyed the shocked look on FJ's face. 

I also pitty both actors since Im pretty sure that water was COLD! since steam tends to fog up camera lens!

So..  I think both A'Li n Bai Gun Gun will initally think the other had it best but then BGG will win out.  

A'Li got his dad caring for him closely for several hundred years.  Then he had his mom.  

BGG got his mom all to himself and now has his dad to help join in (when he isnt getting shooed off to play with A'Li).

I was pleased that both in the epilogue n Back to Chaos it shows that there are other immortals kids that they can play with since that was denied to YH.  

(PS sorry to have been away. Been a real life crazy month..)

There are plenty of immortal children from other clans in Nine Heavens and in other realms as well. I am focusing on chapter nine and getting it finally finished. I have also been busy so everyone do get snagged by RL from time to time. BTW I bought Lotus Step Vol 2 from Tao Bao. It should be here within two weeks. Tang Qi kept her timeline, she is so on time!

It cost me 28 AUD with shipping. Otherwise the book is only around $6 AUD as it was only like 23 Chinese Yuan (with a discount voucher) 

And it just got dispatched! whoopie!

4 hours ago, Romulan said:

Also need advice.

Lets say you were going to have a small dragon form Ye Hua puppet to bring along to a convention.  .  

What would be the best type of container to carry it in?   

(Im not going as Su-Su so no big basket...)  thinking of maybe repurposing a bamboo steamer box?  

Or anyone know of a good dragon/snake carrier from various series?  Pretty sure Yuchi in dragon form just was on a pillow for the most part.. 

Wicker enclosure. The bamboo steamer basket would work as that's the type I meant. Initially I was thinking about the one Liu Ying put mini Dragon King in. LOL. She initially put him in the bird cage that had housed poor injured Qing Qing when she had an injured foot ROFL! That mini proud white Dragon was not happy so she later moved him onto the pillow :tounge_wink: .

I am subbed to the Chinese Main Site Tencent. In Chinese they are called Teng Xun Shi Po (腾讯视频). So now I watch all shows on it rather than the international app.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, Ninky said:

????!!!!

im currently posting an original story on Wattpad. Normally I write my ELOD fanfic on Tumblr but since I want to be a writer, I wrote my own original story. 

sadly publishing companies rejected me or never replied, so I heard posting on Wattpad could bring my work more attention.

but now that you mention my work could be plagarised on Wattpad…I don’t know what to do now…

1 hour ago, Megan said:

????!!!!

im currently posting an original story on Wattpad. Normally I write my ELOD fanfic on Tumblr but since I want to be a writer, I wrote my own original story. 

sadly publishing companies rejected me or never replied, so I heard posting on Wattpad could bring my work more attention.

but now that you mention my work could be plagarised on Wattpad…I don’t know what to do now…

Our translation of epilogue of Lotus Step was stolen from our blog and posted on wattpad. And I am still mad about it. I think i will request its removal off Wattpad.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Megan said:

????!!!!

A lot of online and even in paper work are unfortunately plagiarised in many platforms. I've seen it too in Wattpad (I've an account to monitor my kid's account; she had set up one because her classmates are in Wattpad). 

I'd suggest that you also publish your original work in your tumblr, not just in WP. If I understand correctly, from some writers in WP, a publishing site might contact you themselves if your story is popular. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

A lot of online and even in paper work are unfortunately plagiarised in many platforms. I've seen it too in Wattpad (I've an account to monitor my kid's account; she had set up one because her classmates are in Wattpad). 

I'd suggest that you also publish your original work in your tumblr, not just in WP. If I understand correctly, from some writers in WP, a publishing site might contact you themselves if your story is popular. 

Thank you! Will do.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ninky said:

Wicker enclosure. The bamboo steamer basket would work as that's the type I meant. Initially I was thinking about the one Liu Ying put mini Dragon King in. LOL. She initially put him in the bird cage that had housed poor injured Qing Qing when she had an injured foot ROFL! That mini proud white Dragon was not happy so she later moved him onto the pillow :tounge_wink: .

I am subbed to the Chinese Main Site Tencent. In Chinese they are called Teng Xun Shi Po (腾讯视频). So now I watch all shows on it rather than the international app.

Lol. Thanks @Ninky -I forgot exactly how affronted he was!  I went back to rewatch that seen. Yeah I think bamboo steamer basket and i ll attach a strap to carry it safely.  Once its done I will post photos n vid of the movement. :)  

• Wiggle 1

I forgot exactly how affronted he was!  I went back to rewatch that seen. Yeah I think bamboo steamer basket and i ll attach a strap to carry it safely.  Once its done I will post photos n vid of the movement.

Ooo, so you also watched! As a mini dragon, Yuchi was more funny when he began snorting in anger while in cage, hahaha! 

• Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ooo, so you also watched! As a mini dragon, Yuchi was more funny when he began snorting in anger while in cage, hahaha! 

Lol as soon as all the episodes were out -yep! 

I liked his response to being offered raw food and his sneaky way to eat what he wanted.  

• Blob 1

I liked his response to being offered raw food and his sneaky way to eat what he wanted.  

I love both couples. Because they were totally different. One was sad with plenty of bittersweet moments (semi awkward proud dragon with sweet girl (she wasn't exactly sweet as the general but tough and strong)), the other was cheeky and funny (cold and proud Lord of Luo Feng with talkative happy bird). But both couples have their god awful sad moments.

He absolutely hated durians hahahaha! But then so did she.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I love both couples. Because they were totally different. One was sad with plenty of bittersweet moments (semi awkward proud dragon with sweet girl (she wasn't exactly sweet as the general but tough and strong)), the other was cheeky and funny (cold and proud Lord of Luo Feng with talkative happy bird). But both couples have their god awful sad moments.

He absolutely hated durians hahahaha! But then so did she.

Having eaten durian in several forms, I cant blame him.

1st time I had it, I had a cold so my scent of smell wasnt the best so I actually found it palatable at first, but later on... oys.  

• LOL 2

Snippet No 2: Chapter 9 Back To Chaos in a Dream.

Something Zhe Yan never thought he would ever see:

Di Jun took out a book entitled 《Learning the way to say the right words with High God Zhe Yan》, making Fei Wei copy it thirty times over as a punishment.  《Learning the way to say the right words with High God Zhe Yan》was a book Zhe Yan gifted Di Jun after his first visit to the Heavenly Jade Sea, where he was stifled by Di Jun till he questioned life itself. Perhaps even High God Zhe Yan himself had never dreamt that his book would eventually be put to use in this way.

LOL!!

• LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1