[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

I knew someone else whose first name was literally "Star," and when she took Mandarin, she decided to translate her name literally, so it was just 星星 (xīng xīng). I don't remember exactly what she did for her last name, but that part was phonetic. 

Actually haha my name means star. Fun fact my name has something to do with space. Middle name means white. So if I translate my names roughly it means noble scholar of the white stars. Although vietnamese names might be different from chinese. But overall my first name mean star.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

10 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Actually haha my name means star. Fun fact my name has something to do with space. Middle name means white. So if I translate my names roughly it means noble scholar of the white stars. Although vietnamese names might be different from chinese. But overall my first name mean star.

Ooh that sounds cool!

Snippet from the rejigged Bodhi Fate:

This is Shao Wan's true first impression of Mo Yuan. Not a fantastic one hahahaha:

"A glimpse of a tall young figure hidden amidst the fog, long hair tied up neatly at the crown, not one hair out of place; his white silk robe free from creases, not one thread loose; and not a speck of dust could be seen on his cloud boots, still immaculate. Matched with a pair of clear cold eyes and brow, this was really the most meticulous person I had ever seen in my life. It was not the gentleman who spoke, but an equally meticulous looking girl, dressed in white, standing beside him. The girl was actually quite pretty."

Shao Wan found Mo Yuan's eye expression clear and cold. It is what Chinese would describe as “高冷” Gao Leng, someone with a cold exterior. For the people who have watched "Miss the Dragon",the Lord of Luo Feng Court is the exact description of someone that's Gao Leng on the exterior. But these types usually have a heart of fire. It is true for both of these characters. 

And for the record, I believe this girl in white is none other than High Goddess Yao Guang. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Snippet from the rejigged Bodhi Fate:

This is Shao Wan's true first impression of Mo Yuan. Not a fantastic one hahahaha:

"A glimpse of a tall young figure hidden amidst the fog, long hair tied up neatly at the crown, not one hair out of place; his white silk robe free from creases, not one thread loose; and not a speck of dust could be seen on his cloud boots, still immaculate. Matched with a pair of clear cold eyes and brow, this was really the most meticulous person I had ever seen in my life. It was not the gentleman who spoke, but an equally meticulous looking girl, dressed in white, standing beside him. The girl was actually quite pretty."

Shao Wan found his eye expression clear and cold. It is what Chinese would describe as “高冷” Gao Leng, someone with a cold exterior. For the people who have watched "Miss the Dragon",the Lord of Luo Feng Court is the exact description of someone that's Gao Leng on the exterior. But these types usually have a heart of fire. It is true for both of these characters. 

heh. I loved it when he was described as Ice Face and I was thinking of Dong Hua.    (its funny it was on the tv but I was assembling a cat tree,  and I heard it, and I said who did they called Ice Faced and my sister and grandmother both stared at me and said you werent even looking at it. ) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, Romulan said:

heh. I loved it when he was described as Ice Face and I was thinking of Dong Hua.    (its funny it was on the tv but I was assembling a cat tree,  and I heard it, and I said who did they called Ice Faced and my sister and grandmother both stared at me and said you werent even looking at it. ) 

I really loved both couples in Miss the Dragon. Completely different feel but it balanced the show since the first couple was pretty sad throughout the entire story. The second one was like sugar. But towards the end, both couples were making me cry! Feed you with sweetness at the start and then make you feel the feels later. Thankfully it's a relatively good ending.

Ice Block Face (exact translation) is just a term used to describe people who are Gao Leng (Cold expressionless exterior). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

30 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I really loved both couples in Miss the Dragon. Completely different feel but it balanced the show since the first couple was pretty sad throughout the entire story. The second one was like sugar. But towards the end, both couples were making me cry! Feed you with sweetness at the start and then make you feel the feels later. Thankfully it's a relatively good ending.

Ice Block Face (exact translation) is just a term used to describe people who are Gao Leng (Cold expressionless exterior). 

I love his micro-expressions.  And the blue bird was such a nice counter point to him.   Also enjoyed when he and the dragon took turns give the other advice or help.  

@Ninky the Ye Hua puppet is still a work in progress. The head, and paint color, as well as mouth movement are still getting worked on. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1ggmLWtrTXEbdB1I_7bXOXoUlsnFGaX/view?usp=sharing

• Wiggle 1

You all have good names. :) My given names are combination of 5 people's 2-3 letters of their names. Mi madre was a bit frivolous, LOL!

First name is Greek in origin, French version, while the second name is German. Name roughly translates to "dark noble". Other than that, my Arabic name means "joy". I would always be asked though if I was named after a flower, hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

You all have good names. :) My given names are combination of 5 people's 2-3 letters of their names. Mi madre was a bit frivolous, LOL!

First name is Greek in origin, French version, while the second name is German. Name roughly translates to "dark noble". Other than that, my Arabic name means "joy". I would always be asked though if I was named after a flower, hahaha!

Dark Noble of Joy  -sounds cool and mysterious!

This is what I was finding on the searches:

Tabitha, 塔比莎, Tǎ bǐ shā
gazelle, 瞪羚, dèng líng
Mary, 玛丽, mǎlì
myrrh, 没药, mò yào

I cant find anything decent for surname. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Romulan said:

Dark Noble of Joy  -sounds cool and mysterious!

This is what I was finding on the searches:

Tabitha, 塔比莎, Tǎ bǐ shā
gazelle, 瞪羚, dèng líng
Mary, 玛丽, mǎlì
myrrh, 没药, mò yào

I cant find anything decent for surname. 

@Romulan 

For myrrh, i found a good one for you:

穆洏 Mu Er

means “serene flowing water”

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Chinese people tend to call me Zhu di, because it sounds similar to Jody. I believe it was the name of an emperor of the Ming dynasty? 

Zhu (朱) is the surname of the ruling family of the Ming Dynasty. They were the last dynasty that were of Han Chinese descent.  The last dynasty of China were not Han Chinese. They were Manchu, a minority people from the north east of China. They have a very long family name - Aisin Gioro. That’s not a chinese name. Their language is closer to that of the mongols.

They eventually stopped using their own language and became completely absorbed into the Han Chinese culture, unlike the Mongolian dynasty Yuan, where they kept their distance from the Han people. 

Unfortunately, the Han Chinese men were forced to adopt the Manchu hair, the queue or pigtail as it was called during their rule of just over 350 years. Han Chinese men typically wear their hair in a top knot, as seen in period dramas.

• Insightful 4

Lotus step snippet Chapter 2 Part 2:

"Among the thousands of worlds, there are billions of mortal worlds and one of them is the Da Xi Dynasty. Those nurtured by Heaven in this world are known as mortals, left to their own devices, experiencing a limited lifespan. But outside the mortal world, lies the Four Seas and Eight Realms, the world of immortals. In this immortal world of Four Seas and Eight Realms, Lord Lian Song, the third son of the Heavenly Lord of Nine Heavens, was the water god of the Four Seas. The North-South-East-West waters were under his jurisdiction, and he was known as the Supreme Water God of the Eight Realms. "

If anyone was ever curious of what Lian Song actually does in Nine Heavens. He always appears to be doing nothing at all but he does actually have a job and a title. He is actually the boss of Su Mo Ye's Father hahahaha! The Lords of the East Sea, West Sea, North Sea and South Sea work under the direction of Lord Lian Song, Supreme Water God of the Eight Realms.

:heart:

On 7/13/2021 at 12:26 PM, Romulan said:

I love his micro-expressions.  And the blue bird was such a nice counter point to him.   Also enjoyed when he and the dragon took turns give the other advice or help.  

@Ninky the Ye Hua puppet is still a work in progress. The head, and paint color, as well as mouth movement are still getting worked on. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1ggmLWtrTXEbdB1I_7bXOXoUlsnFGaX/view?usp=sharing

@Romulan  OMG I LOVE IT. So realistic! :love:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Guess what arrived today!!!! Lotus Step Vol 2!

Yay! It arrived without issues delivering it?

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

If anyone was ever curious of what Lian Song actually does in Nine Heavens. He always appears to be doing nothing at all but he does actually have a job and a title. He is actually the boss of Su Mo Ye's Father hahahaha! The Lords of the East Sea, West Sea, North Sea and South Sea work under the direction of Lord Lian Song, Supreme Water God of the Eight Realms.

Learned it too well from his half father, hahaha! The 3rd Prince is talented. In the drama he's shown as the negotiator, and he really is in Lotus Steps V1. Pity that Tianjun only gives importance to Sang Ji, and later on to Ye Hua, because of the sky phenomena on their birth. 

@Romulan Snake "Ye Hua" is looking good!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1