[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

33 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Yea she was so annoyed that she couldnt keep them hidden. Lol..

She couldn't control her tails appearing because her cultivation wasn't high against the effects of the space compression magic. ^_^

In the book she can only see Lian Song like a silhouette, whereas she is seen clearly by the 3rd Prince. Also, her tails were not merely out, she was in her nine-tailed fox form. (PB1, p196-201)

@SilverDawn Though Reba is very cute as Feng Jiu with her tails out, I think it would have been even more adorable if she was a fox instead, arguing with Dong Hua and trashing his handkerchief then leaves after making faces at him. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

36 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She couldn't control her tails appearing because her cultivation wasn't high against the effects of the space compression magic. ^_^

In the book she can only see Lian Song like a silhouette, whereas she is seen clearly by the 3rd Prince. Also, her tails were not merely out, she was in her nine-tailed fox form. (PB1, p196-201)

@SilverDawn Though Reba is very cute as Feng Jiu with her tails out, I think it would have been even more adorable if she was a fox instead, arguing with Dong Hua and trashing his handkerchief then leaves after making faces at him. :lol:

I agree I would love to see her in her 9 tailed fox form and chew him out while in that form.  

51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

So funny thing, in a FB group they were posting about Word of Honor dolls and I thought one of them looked like it was really similar to Dong Hua DJinn.  What do you guys think?

H9c2daed89bb64e539e26335834eb71eae.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
41 minutes ago, Romulan said:

I agree I would love to see her in her 9 tailed fox form and chew him out while in that form.  

In the drama she only ran away from him as a nine-tailed fox in Fanyin Valley. I would have liked it too if there was that scene wherein DH burnt XY's hands because he petted the sleeping fox FJ. :rolleyes: 

46 minutes ago, Romulan said:

So funny thing, in a FB group they were posting about Word of Honor dolls and I thought one of them looked like it was really similar to Dong Hua DJinn.  What do you guys think?

Same blue shade as that ep30, and almost the same dress except he was wearing blue below the torso. If there aren't fringes and it's all brushed up then it's DH drama version.

• Like 1

You know something else I would love to see at some point?  Feng Jui in 9 tails form, shoulder lounging on Dong Hua DJinn.   Especially with someone new and DJinn waiting to see how long it takes for someone to mention his fashion accessory  -lol!

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

In the drama she only ran away from him as a nine-tailed fox in Fanyin Valley. I would have liked it too if there was that scene wherein DH burnt XY's hands because he petted the sleeping fox FJ. :rolleyes: 

Same blue shade as that ep30, and almost the same dress except he was wearing blue below the torso. If there aren't fringes and it's all brushed up then it's DH drama version.

Wait  DH did that to XY?  I really need to finish reading those PDFs...

that wouldve been much better than the whole JiHeng in mortal realm bit.

Yea. One of the other outfits looked similar to WW from the Untamed but is suppose to be all Word of Honor series!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
17 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Wait  DH did that to XY?  I really need to finish reading those PDFs...

He did. Jealous Grandpa. :sweat_smile:

Bundled in her blanket, she wondered if everything had been but a Huangliang dream. It was the 15th, and she had gone out for drinks with Meng Shao and Xiao Yan. The girls were beautiful, the wine intoxicating, and she had been knocked out until now. Because of her rich imagination, she was able to dream up such a realistic dream. This was a possibility. As she was about to step down to go wash her face, Xiao Yan lifted the curtain and walked in. 

Fengjiu couldn't control her eyes from twitching. Xiao Yan's outfit was very unique today. On top, his silk shirt was red; on bottom, his shiny trousers were barley green. Draped on his shoulder was a shawl just as glossy and green as his trousers. He looked exactly like a giant carrot freshly pulled out from the snow.

The giant carrot woefully looked at Fengjiu. “Someone took a liking to this compound and told me to move out. I've already packed. I came to say goodbye to you. Time is boundless, I'll come to visit when I'm free.”

Fengjiu didn't know what was going on. “Are you still sleeping or am I still sleeping?”

The carrot swiftly zoomed toward Fengjiu but stopped three paces short of reaching her. “I can't come any closer to you. The thing is...” His voice suddenly rose high as he begged to her, “Don't go back to sleep, listen to me first!”

Fengjiu listened haphazardly, and as it turned out, everything hadn't been a dream. In Xiao Yan's words, he got lost last night half way into his exploration. By the time he returned, Fengjiu was nowhere to be found. He worriedly searched for her through the night without any result. When he tiredly came back to Jifeng Yuan, he was surprised to find a little scarlet fox sleeping soundly on her bed. His sworn enemy Donghua Dijun was sitting in a trance watching the sleeping fox. Such a trance it was, he didn’t even notice Xiao Yan had come near. Xiao Yan had thought it rather peculiar, so when Donghua had briefly left the room, he'd taken his chance to sneak in. At this point, Xiao Yan became somewhat emotional. He said he didn't know the scarlet fox on the bed was Fengjiu. He thought it was a new rare animal Donghua had captured on a hunt. It was so adorable that he couldn't help himself and went to cuddle the animal. That was when tragedy fell. 

Fengjiu took a look at the carrot's bandaged hand which resembled a pig trotter and laughed, “Did I breathe a fireball and burn your hand in my sleep? I told you I'm pretty wicked.” “No, not at all,” the carrot told her. “Ice Face came out of nowhere and stood leaning against the doorway. I hadn't time to react by the time my hands were already turned into this. I couldn't hold you anymore because of my condition so I dropped you back onto the bed. But surprisingly you didn't wake from the drop at all. Then I woefully discovered that I couldn't come any closer than three paces from your bed. I was going to retaliate when Ice Face suddenly asked me if I'm living with you, and for how long have we lived together.”

Fengjiu scratched her head and explained to the carrot, “It's like this. On cold days when I fall asleep, I'd unconsciously turn back into my original form. In that form, I don't feel cold and it's easier to sleep. But what did Dijun mean…?”

“I don't know either. But basically I don't remember for how long we've lived at this place. Because I don't remember, I told him six months or thereabout. I was occupied with trying to recall the exact length of time we've lived together so I didn't pay attention to him. By the time I turned around, he had used the paralysis spell on me. He frowned and looked at me for a long time, then out of nowhere said he liked me.”

Fengjiu fell over and slammed her head against the bed frame. The person who still hadn't realized he had uttered a lethal incomplete sentence went on to complain: “Out of nowhere said he liked my garden house.” Then he stopped and looked at Fengjiu in surprise. “How did you bump your head? Doesn't it hurt? Whoa, what a big bun!” (PB1, 240-242)

LMAO, FJ got a head bump because she thought DH likes XY!

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
6 hours ago, Romulan said:

Would love to read it!  --any chance that if you get done with that and the Lotus steps.. you might consider doing the TMPBs ? or at least key chapters from there? 

Also what do you think of having a quotes/phrases post or sub thread? 

Yea she was so annoyed that she couldnt keep them hidden. Lol..

He is definitely amused, i think equally that she is angry and that she went to confront him.

I will be cherry picking chapters of pillow book to work on after the vol 1 of lotus steps or as and when I have some free time. I am working on chapter 8 and 9 of outtake now. I am hoping to post 8 in the next 2 days during my off days from work. I have been working longer hours the past week so it's going slower than usual. But seems like the busy days at work is finally tapering off. 

Will probably do the fun parts of Pillow Book vol 1 and vol 2 as a chapter of the week thingy for the blog! All the memorable scenes hehe.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2
6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He did. Jealous Grandpa. :sweat_smile:

Bundled in her blanket, she wondered if everything had been but a Huangliang dream. It was the 15th, and she had gone out for drinks with Meng Shao and Xiao Yan. The girls were beautiful, the wine intoxicating, and she had been knocked out until now. Because of her rich imagination, she was able to dream up such a realistic dream. This was a possibility. As she was about to step down to go wash her face, Xiao Yan lifted the curtain and walked in. 

Fengjiu couldn't control her eyes from twitching. Xiao Yan's outfit was very unique today. On top, his silk shirt was red; on bottom, his shiny trousers were barley green. Draped on his shoulder was a shawl just as glossy and green as his trousers. He looked exactly like a giant carrot freshly pulled out from the snow.

The giant carrot woefully looked at Fengjiu. “Someone took a liking to this compound and told me to move out. I've already packed. I came to say goodbye to you. Time is boundless, I'll come to visit when I'm free.”

Fengjiu didn't know what was going on. “Are you still sleeping or am I still sleeping?”

The carrot swiftly zoomed toward Fengjiu but stopped three paces short of reaching her. “I can't come any closer to you. The thing is...” His voice suddenly rose high as he begged to her, “Don't go back to sleep, listen to me first!”

Fengjiu listened haphazardly, and as it turned out, everything hadn't been a dream. In Xiao Yan's words, he got lost last night half way into his exploration. By the time he returned, Fengjiu was nowhere to be found. He worriedly searched for her through the night without any result. When he tiredly came back to Jifeng Yuan, he was surprised to find a little scarlet fox sleeping soundly on her bed. His sworn enemy Donghua Dijun was sitting in a trance watching the sleeping fox. Such a trance it was, he didn’t even notice Xiao Yan had come near. Xiao Yan had thought it rather peculiar, so when Donghua had briefly left the room, he'd taken his chance to sneak in. At this point, Xiao Yan became somewhat emotional. He said he didn't know the scarlet fox on the bed was Fengjiu. He thought it was a new rare animal Donghua had captured on a hunt. It was so adorable that he couldn't help himself and went to cuddle the animal. That was when tragedy fell. 

Fengjiu took a look at the carrot's bandaged hand which resembled a pig trotter and laughed, “Did I breathe a fireball and burn your hand in my sleep? I told you I'm pretty wicked.” “No, not at all,” the carrot told her. “Ice Face came out of nowhere and stood leaning against the doorway. I hadn't time to react by the time my hands were already turned into this. I couldn't hold you anymore because of my condition so I dropped you back onto the bed. But surprisingly you didn't wake from the drop at all. Then I woefully discovered that I couldn't come any closer than three paces from your bed. I was going to retaliate when Ice Face suddenly asked me if I'm living with you, and for how long have we lived together.”

Fengjiu scratched her head and explained to the carrot, “It's like this. On cold days when I fall asleep, I'd unconsciously turn back into my original form. In that form, I don't feel cold and it's easier to sleep. But what did Dijun mean…?”

“I don't know either. But basically I don't remember for how long we've lived at this place. Because I don't remember, I told him six months or thereabout. I was occupied with trying to recall the exact length of time we've lived together so I didn't pay attention to him. By the time I turned around, he had used the paralysis spell on me. He frowned and looked at me for a long time, then out of nowhere said he liked me.”

Fengjiu fell over and slammed her head against the bed frame. The person who still hadn't realized he had uttered a lethal incomplete sentence went on to complain: “Out of nowhere said he liked my garden house.” Then he stopped and looked at Fengjiu in surprise. “How did you bump your head? Doesn't it hurt? Whoa, what a big bun!” (PB1, 240-242)

LMAO, FJ got a head bump because she thought DH likes XY!

After that Di Jun moved in after he traded rooms with XY.  It was all in his game plan to win his Empress over. But it's interesting that at that time he wasn't even aware that he was unconsciously doing that. XY truly didn't know she was a red nine-tailed fox despite being her yardmate for 6 months. 

Also when they turn back into their natural forms, it is known as "primal" form. That's the "correct" mythical way of translating it, as opposed to original form. This is a term coined by the Fantasy genre. Basically they return to their prime form (or primary form) if you like.

7 hours ago, Romulan said:

Those 2 look like Lian Song and Di Jun LOL

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
Just now, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua should be towering over Lian Song. :lol:

Not really in the books both men are tall and strikingly handsome. All described as pretty men....

That's why Shao Wan called them all sissies...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Not really in the books both men are tall and strikingly handsome. All described as pretty men....

That's why Shao Wan called them all sissies...

Shao Wan haven't seen Lian Song yet though. But all them classmate guys were pretty for her, LOL. Even Feng Xing wanted her to regard him as a pretty boy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Shao Wan haven't seen Lian Song yet though. But all them classmate guys were pretty for her, LOL. Even Feng Xing wanted her to regard him as a pretty boy.

Apparently it's her compliment HAHAHA!

P.S. I think I might do a Highlighted Chapters of Pillow Book for the Blog, alongside Lotus Step Vol 1. Don't think I want to touch TMOPB at this point yet. Maybe later if time allows.

Chapter 8 outtake will come through in the next 3 days. Just had annoying long extended shifts in the past week. Seems to have abated in the last day at least. So been sleeping a bit more.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
8 hours ago, Ninky said:

Apparently it's her compliment HAHAHA!

That's what I thought too, but only Feng Xing got it for what it is - a backhanded compliment. :lol:

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

P.S. I think I might do a Highlighted Chapters of Pillow Book for the Blog, alongside Lotus Step Vol 1. Don't think I want to touch TMOPB at this point yet. Maybe later if time allows.

I think that's a good plan, if ever you'll have the time to do it in the future. IMO TMOPB book translations by Hamster and Toland are not as popular reading as that of PB. Thus, it's going to take more time, since there seem to be plenty of discrepancies too when compared to the original Mandarin novel; you might even end up translating the whole book. Not that we mind if you do TMOPB (I for one will adore closer to the original text translation), though some are more interested with Lotus Steps, and I rather think even more are looking forward to Bodhi Fate.

And yay for the PB Back to Chaos ch8 update! Take your time though if you are busy and tired, your rest and well-being should always be first.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That's what I thought too, but only Feng Xing got it for what it is - a backhanded compliment. :lol:

I think that's a good plan, if ever you'll have the time to do it in the future. IMO TMOPB book translations by Hamster and Toland are not as popular reading as that of PB. Thus, it's going to take more time, since there seem to be plenty of discrepancies too when compared to the original Mandarin novel; you might even end up translating the whole book. Not that we mind if you do TMOPB (I for one will adore closer to the original text translation), though some are more interested with Lotus Steps, and I rather think even more are looking forward to Bodhi Fate.

And yay for the PB Back to Chaos ch8 update! Take your time though if you are busy and tired, your rest and well-being should always be first.

Agreed! Hamster took down the TMPBs for the reasons mentioned previously and never put them back up later. Everyone says To the Sky Kingdom is bad so I was just curious.  

But definitely real life/family takes precedence for sure!

:) .

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Agreed! Hamster took down the TMPBs for the reasons mentioned previously and never put them back up later. Everyone says To the Sky Kingdom is bad so I was just curious.  

But definitely real life/family takes precedence for sure!

:) .

Hamster believed the rumours. I did not. Tang Qi had this verified in the court of law in defence of her work and she actually won. I got hold of the other book and looked through. No she most definitely did not copy anything, its just that the immortal themes are similar. But the themes have been rehashed in many books and thats not plagiarism. 

If you saw the articles we translated on our blog, Tang Qi was inspired by old Chinese mythical classics. It had nothing to do with that boy-love novel that she was accused of plagiarising.

Because of the stupid harassment she got from keyboard warriors, she sealed her pen on this series for almost 10 years! But it may not be a bad thing. Lotus Step is an epic story in the making.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Hamster believed the rumours. I did not. Tang Qi had this verified in the court of law in defence of her work and she actually won. I got hold of the other book and looked through. No she most definitely did not copy anything, its just that the immortal themes are similar. But the themes have been rehashed in many books and thats not plagiarism. 

If you saw the articles we translated on our blog, Tang Qi was inspired by old Chinese mythical classics. It had nothing to do with that boy-love novel that she was accused of plagiarising.

Because of the stupid harassment she got from keyboard warriors, she sealed her pen on this series for almost 10 years! But it may not be a bad thing. Lotus Step is an epic story in the making.

Right. I saw her article on it.  But I also did a little research and saw Tang Qi had been exonerated.  Its similar to them complaints that Yin Yang Master Dreams of Eternity scenes were plagiarizing Doctor Strange scenes visually. (the teleportation circle being one of them)  -the difference there is the director in the past had plagerized and it gets rebrought up every time something is about to be released.

However when I saw read that my first reaction was - have they not seen other Asian fantasy series?  If anything Doctor Strange took some common wuxia elements.    

There are certain tropes that gets used alot in stories across the world, its all about how people decide to use those tropes.  

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Lotus Step is an epic story in the making.

Agree with this. Lian Song has a story. He doesn't seem stellar compared to the elder brothers, but this water God grew up as Dong Hua's protégé.

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

There are certain tropes that gets used alot in stories across the world, its all about how people decide to use those tropes.  

Right on this. Many names and events that are part of mythology and legends are used every now and then creatively - playwrights,  compositions, novels, etc. 

The one who accused another of plagiarism should have presented the proof that TQ did. However, it is very telling that it was TQ who sued against that accusation to her, and she won. Unless it is the authorities to the matter that say otherwise, the courts have proven that she did not copy somebody's work.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Agree with this. Lian Song has a story. He doesn't seem stellar compared to the elder brothers, but this water God grew up as Dong Hua's protégé.

Right on this. Many names and events that are part of mythology and legends are used every now and then creatively - playwrights,  compositions, novels, etc. 

The one who accused another of plagiarism should have presented the proof that TQ did. However, it is very telling that it was TQ who sued against that accusation to her, and she won. Unless it is the authorities to the matter that say otherwise, the courts have proven that she did not copy somebody's work.

She didn't but those so called keyboard warriors were terrible. Calling her names and harassing her publicly on weibo. 

For the record, imo the accuser probably did it on purpose. Her books got published AFTER the accusations made her famous. This is a telling sign.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

She didn't but those so called keyboard warriors were terrible. Calling her names and harassing her publicly on weibo. 

Sadly, it isn't just in weibo. In other sites too. They review TTSK as plagiarised work.

Plagiarism is a serious offense, and no, its not merely similarity or identical word for word copying. There are criteria to be considered before someone's work is considered plagiarised.

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

For the record, imo the accuser probably did it on purpose. Her books got published AFTER the accusations made her famous. This is a telling sign.

Perhaps it did. But after some more years, will her work still have audience. 

I don't know if the accuser has leveled up. Two of TQ's books are adapted to a movie and dramas. I dare say the 3L3W will continue,  and if what an article last year stated is right,  the latest work's drama adaptation's script is ready.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sadly, it isn't just in weibo. In other sites too. They review TTSK as plagiarised work.

Plagiarism is a serious offense, and no, its not merely similarity or identical word for word copying. There are criteria to be considered before someone's work is considered plagiarised.

Perhaps it did. But after some more years, will her work still have audience. 

I don't know if the accuser has leveled up. Two of TQ's books are adapted to a movie and dramas. I dare say the 3L3W will continue,  and if what an article last year stated is right,  the latest work's drama adaptation's script is ready.

I am just glad she got over that hump and began writing again, with two extra books on the Xie siblings coming as part of this series of work. For me, that is a sign that she feels exonerated. She wrote another series to vent her frustration about this whole affair. It's called Four Acts of a Play or Si Mu Xi in Chinese. This is a story set in modern life but it's got a sad ending. 

The accuser's books were Boy Love books, so it's definitely NOT going to be made into anything in China. It's still unacceptable in Chinese culture, unfortunately. I have always been very different from most people of Chinese descent, I'm more like a rebel. People's orientation and whatnot is not at all important to me. They are still my friends or family irregardless. 

Nah Lotus Step is not script ready at all, she hasn't even finished writing all 4 volumes.

HAHAHAHA! Di Jun has a nice physique as described by Tang Qi in Chapter 8. One thing about Vengo is he was a tad too skinny hehe. And that wound he sustained from the Cang Lei Whip ouch! And he could still ahem do what he did later...

• Like 1