[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

22 hours ago, Ninky said:

Snippet No 2: Chapter 9 Back To Chaos in a Dream.

Something Zhe Yan never thought he would ever see:

Di Jun took out a book entitled 《Learning the way to say the right words with High God Zhe Yan》, making Fei Wei copy it thirty times over as a punishment.  《Learning the way to say the right words with High God Zhe Yan》was a book Zhe Yan gifted Di Jun after his first visit to the Heavenly Jade Sea, where he was stifled by Di Jun till he questioned life itself. Perhaps even High God Zhe Yan himself had never dreamt that his book would eventually be put to use in this way.

LOL!!

Maybe Dong Hua did because felt that reading the book itself is like a punishment, so copying it 30 times would be even more painful, hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe Dong Hua because felt that reading the book itself is like a punishment, so copying it 30 times would be even more painful, hahaha!

I don’t know. I feel like reading Zhe Yan’s book would give me a good laugh.

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t know. I feel like reading Zhe Yan’s book would give me a good laugh.

That's the punishment there, laughing too much on what Zhe Yan wrote. Can't be easy perfectly copying it 30 times. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I dropped this drama at around episode 20 last year and I just picked it back up and binged it all recently.. now I can't get over it, I wanna rewatch the drama over and over again. I even picked up my old soompi account just for this. Feng Jiu and Dong Hua are literally on my mind 24/7 :sad1:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, roxnilla7 said:

I dropped this drama at around episode 20 last year and I just picked it back up and binged it all recently.. now I can't get over it, I wanna rematch the drama over and over again. I even picked up my old soompi account just for this. Feng Jiu and Dong Hua are literally on my mind 24/7 

Hi there!  Glad to hear you gave ELOD another chance, and loved watching the rest of the episodes. We still watch again whenever we can. I just started again last weekend. ^_^

Have you also read the Pillow Book novel? If you did, you'll be happy to know that the author wrote a nine chapter novella for the Dong Feng family. :)

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hi there!  Glad to hear you gave ELOD another chance, and loved watching the rest of the episodes. We still watch again whenever we can. I just started again last weekend. ^_^

Have you also read the Pillow Book novel? If you did, you'll be happy to know that the author wrote a nine chapter novella for the Dong Feng family. :)

I gave up on reading the novel hehe. I did however start reading the nine chapter novella, I just wish there were more episodes of ELOD and that it didn't have to end. The withdrawals are too real :tears:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Snippet #Three

"As a matter of fact, the fake scroll of formation drawings Di Jun previously leaked to Fu Ying was not really completely useless. If one were to look closely at the thirty six key ingenuities concealed within it and amend them one by one , it would really be able to counter the Qian Yuan Greater Formation. However, this scroll of formation drawings still had areas where it fell short when compared to Shao Wan’s Jie Zi Xu Mi Formation.

The Jie Zi Xu Mi Formation — bringing a mustard seed into Buddha’s mountain, and bringing Buddha’s mountain into a mustard seed. The small within the large, and the large within the small. This was a formation strategy that utilised using the few to defeat the many², and the use of softness to conquer strength. To counter the Qian Yuan Greater Formation, which utilised absolute military strength as a guarantee, with a small army, the Jie Zi Xu Mi Formation was the only formation in the world that could accomplish it."

Shao Wan is a very intelligent woman as you can see. Squeee! She is also a very brilliant military strategist. She doesn't lose to Di Jun at all. She seems to be a feminine version of Di Jun. She and him appear to be two sides of the same coin. This is exactly why they can be besties. No romantic love between them but totally best of friends.

And all that planning and thought that went into how and when to save the humans. This is a very formidable woman. The world of 3L3W will change when she awakens. 

Di Jun wanted Shao Wan's strategy because he had already thought of how he was going to return truimphantly back to Nine Heavens one day. He would raise an army smaller than what Nine Heavens had and defeat his enemies using Shao Wan's Formation. In a way, his best friend helped him become the Dong Hua Di Jun of the future. To finally become Master of Heaven and Earth.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 7/4/2021 at 4:43 AM, MayanEcho said:

That's the punishment there, laughing too much on what Zhe Yan wrote. Can't be easy perfectly copying it 30 times. :lol: 

Zhe Lan either would be insulted or secretly pleased that it was held in high enough regard to be worth copying. 

23 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Snippet #Three

"As a matter of fact, the fake scroll of formation drawings Di Jun previously leaked to Fu Ying was not really completely useless. If one were to look closely at the thirty six key ingenuities concealed within it and amend them one by one , it would really be able to counter the Qian Yuan Greater Formation. However, this scroll of formation drawings still had areas where it fell short when compared to Shao Wan’s Jie Zi Xu Mi Formation.

The Jie Zi Xu Mi Formation — bringing a mustard seed into Buddha’s mountain, and bringing Buddha’s mountain into a mustard seed. The small within the large, and the large within the small. This was a formation strategy that utilised using the few to defeat the many², and the use of softness to conquer strength. To counter the Qian Yuan Greater Formation, which utilised absolute military strength as a guarantee, with a small army, the Jie Zi Xu Mi Formation was the only formation in the world that could accomplish it."

Shao Wan is a very intelligent woman as you can see. Squeee! She is also a very brilliant military strategist. She doesn't lose to Di Jun at all. She seems to be a feminine version of Di Jun. She and him appear to be two sides of the same coin. This is exactly why they can be besties. No romantic love between them but totally best of friends.

And all that planning and thought that went into how and when to save the humans. This is a very formidable woman. The world of 3L3W will change when she awakens. 

Di Jun wanted Shao Wan's strategy because he had already thought of how he was going to return truimphantly back to Nine Heavens one day. He would raise an army smaller than what Nine Heavens had and defeat his enemies using Shao Wan's Formation. In a way, his best friend helped him become the Dong Hua Di Jun of the future. To finally become Master of Heaven and Earth.

Cant wait to see more of her and getting to see Shao Wan and Mo Yuan's love story!   (I really hope for a love battle fight.)

Also cant wait for Shao Wan to meet Bai Qian and Feng Jui.

Plus will get on Zhe Lan s case for not increasing the Phoenix Clan.

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

The tough talking, more talkative female version of Dong Hua, LOL! 

I hope TQ would soon give the full description of how Shao Wan looks like. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Jun wanted Shao Wan's strategy because he had already thought of how he was going to return truimphantly back to Nine Heavens one day. He would raise an army smaller than what Nine Heavens had and defeat his enemies using Shao Wan's Formation. In a way, his best friend helped him become the Dong Hua Di Jun of the future. To finally become Master of Heaven and Earth.

And for sure, DH will be fully supportive of his best friend when she returns. For sure there'll be difficulties between her and Mo Yuan. And hmm, whether there'll be a Demon Lord among the seven or another high deity who will challenge her when she comes back in the Southern realm after her very long absence?

59 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Also cant wait for Shao Wan to meet Bai Qian and Feng Jui.

Plus will get on Zhe Lan s case for not increasing the Phoenix Clan.

Shao Wan seems to have a similar personality like those of the two Qing Qiu princesses. :)

Zhe Yan should be immune of her ribbing already, hahaha!

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Shao Wan seems to have a similar personality like those of the two Qing Qiu princesses. :)

Zhe Yan should be immune of her ribbing already, hahaha!

Eh.. I wouldnt be surprised if he started plotting some zingers once Zhu Ti returned.

I see a 4 person tea party of the gals,  Zhu Ti,  Shao Wan,  Bai Qian, Feng Jui.

So much fun to be had! Plus you know all 3 husbands will want to hear, though I think DH would just join in, while Lian Song will have to get creative, and Mo Yuan might except his brother to keep him informed. 

Real question, who will get drunk first? 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The tough talking, more talkative female version of Dong Hua, LOL! 

I hope TQ would soon give the full description of how Shao Wan looks like. ^_^ 

I hope she does too.  Prehaps it could be a cosplay in the future! 

I just mean an epic weapon fight would be great to see.

• Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, Romulan said:

Eh... I wouldnt be surprised if he started plotting some zingers once Zhu Ti returned.

I see a 4 person tea party of the gals,  Zhu Ti,  Shao Wan,  Bai Qian, Feng Jui.

So much fun to be had! Plus you know all 3 husbands will want to hear, though I think DH would just join in, while Lian Song will have to get creative, and Mo Yuan might except his brother to keep him informed. 

Zhe Yan and Shao Wan were in opposing cliques in school, so the old phoenix should know a trick or two. :)

LOL with DH roped in, to make their teas, hahaha! Ali, BGG, and LS will serve. The twins will be having their own (pity) party. :lol:

About who gets drunk first,  I'm betting on FJ having the least tolerance being the youngest.

• Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Romulan said:

Eh.. I wouldnt be surprised if he started plotting some zingers once Zhu Ti returned.

DH is very thick skinned so yes, he would just join in. And no one will shoo him away either.

I hope she does too.  Prehaps it could be a cosplay in the future! 

I just mean an epic weapon fight would be great to see.

Drunk first? Probably Zhu Ti imo. Feng Jiu is young but she is raised to be like the other foxes. They hold their liquor very well.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

DH is very thick skinned so yes, he would just join in. And no one will shoo him away either.

Drunk first? Probably Zhu Ti imo. Feng Jiu is young but she is raised to be like the other foxes. They hold their liquor very well.

Lol.  True!  DH will probably be over the moon with it all. 

He has a beloved wife and son,  his friend Mo Yuan was brought back thanks to Bai Qian and Ye Hua,  Zhu Ti will have returned, and now his bestie is back.  And there arent pesky multi century wars, or lots of conniving elders to deal with. 

PS  @Ninkythanks for the basket advice. -Steamer basket was delivered yesterday.  the slats in the bottom should work perfectly.  Hopefully will be done in another month and I can show it here. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

Lol.  True!  DH will probably be over the moon with it all. 

He has a beloved wife and son,  his friend Mo Yuan was brought back thanks to Bai Qian and Ye Hua,  Zhu Ti will have returned, and now his bestie is back.  And there arent pesky multi century wars, or lots of conniving elders to deal with. 

However, the romance between Mo Yuan and Shao Wan won't be an easy one. But hey a lot of their friends are around to support them! Especially since the other three couples have their HEA already.

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

PS  @Ninkythanks for the basket advice. -Steamer basket was delivered yesterday.  the slats in the bottom should work perfectly.  Hopefully will be done in another month and I can show it here. :)

yay. show me the photos when you have em!

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

So I just started reading Lotus Step to try and get over ELOD blues. I like it so far, especially since I didnt feel like Lian Song and Cheng Yu had much closure in ELOD. What do you guys think are the possibilities of the novel being made into a drama? If all of Tang Qi's novels could be made into a drama, that would be a dream come true :wub:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 7/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, Ninky said:

However, the romance between Mo Yuan and Shao Wan won't be an easy one. But hey a lot of their friends are around to support them! Especially since the other three couples have their HEA already.

yay. show me the photos when you have em!

Will do! I currently only have an in progress photo. We are using a black snake base but going to be a modeled head that will be able to 'eat'.  However,  I did just got my Legend of FuYao blade if youd like to see photos of it. I need to do a paint job but it looks pretty good with just the raw filment.  :)  

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

There doesn't seem to be an end of discussion with 3L3W universe. This is still active.

I love it!!!     

The nice thing about Tang Qi s worldbuilding is it leads to lots of open thoughts on how things go... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

I dont think his birth year has been listed.  

This is the master timeline chart for all the series.  

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/timeline-for-three-lives-three-worlds

I read that timeline but could find any info, that's why I asked in here :sweat_smile:

At first I thought about his twin brother but then I remembered that was for the drama only so it can't be trusted, but because of his temperament I imagine him being a youngster but in reality I guess he's closer in age to the witch Ji Heng.