[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, kiotzo said:

Random question, how old is Xiao Yan? I'm guessing he's older than FJ, but I'm not sure

He's much older than Feng Jiu, and can be similar age range of Nie Chuyin (70,000-80,000+ years more than FJ's 30,000) and of Lian Song (around 90,000 years old).

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

I dont think his birth year has been listed.  

This is the master timeline chart for all the series.  

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/timeline-for-three-lives-three-worlds

As more 3L3W books get written, there would be revisions to the timeline. The latest version includes the back to chaos time travel of FJ and BGG and additional details for Lotus Steps. ^_^

39 minutes ago, kiotzo said:

I read that timeline but could find any info, that's why I asked in here :sweat_smile:

At first I thought about his twin brother but then I remembered that was for the drama only so it can't be trusted, but because of his temperament I imagine him being a youngster but in reality I guess he's closer in age to the witch Ji Heng.

Young Xiao Yan and how he became Xie Hua Luo's disciple is briefly mentioned in one of the chapters of Lotus Steps Vol1. Age-wise in Pillow Book, he's certainly way much older and have higher cultivation than his bestie Feng Jiu.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, kiotzo said:

Random question, how old is Xiao Yan? I'm guessing he's older than FJ, but I'm not sure

@kiotzo He is around over 100,000 years old. So not young. His teacher is none other than his future wife, Xie Gu Chou's older sister, Xie Hua Lou, the White Lord of the Underworld. This beautiful woman is much better for him than "white lotus" Ji Heng. Their story will be written after Bodhi Fate, along with the story of Xie Gu Chou's love story with another beautiful woman, the daughter of Vermiilion Demon Lord, Xiang Yun (name basically mean like the clouds).

Tang Qi explained why Xie Gu Chou called Xiao Yan a fool at the end of Pillow Book. It's the-brother-in-law not liking him hahaha. Xie Hua Lou left a letter entrusting Xiao Yan to him, asking her brother to take care of her disciple while she is in her deep sleep. This irritated him a lot. HAHAHA! We have a translated article about this on the blog.

FYI. When one Lord is awake, in this case, Black Lord, Xie Gu Chou is now active, his sister will be in a deep sleep. And Vice Versa. This happens every several tens and thousands of years. There can only be one Lord awake at any one time. She appears a bit in Lotus Step in other people's point of view.

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As more 3L3W books get written, there would be revisions to the timeline. The latest version includes the back to chaos time travel of FJ and BGG and additional details for Lotus Steps. ^_^

I'll be updating the translation on blog as well. So look out for it. So much to dooooo I need more than 24 hours a day!

Young Xiao Yan and how he became Xie Hua Luo's disciple is briefly mentioned in one of the chapters of Lotus Steps Vol1. Age-wise in Pillow Book, he's certainly way much older and have higher cultivation than his bestie Feng Jiu.

That's why he actually could come and go from the valley later. It's just that he chose not to when the little gap opened because of Ji Heng. Dong Hua called him out on this in the drama hahaha. He has a pretty high cultivation, not just a pretty face.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, Ninky said:

Shao Wan is a very intelligent woman as you can see. Squeee! She is also a very brilliant military strategist. She doesn't lose to Di Jun at all. She seems to be a feminine version of Di Jun. She and him appear to be two sides of the same coin. This is exactly why they can be besties. No romantic love between them but totally best of friends.

I cant wait to see her reaction when she sees DH is not only be a whipped husband but a father too. I can tell SW is gonna bring the humor back into the series. Its so bittersweet how SW got to see DH as a lonely, empty child and now a loving husband, proud father and a good leader.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:17 PM, MayanEcho said:

For sure there'll be difficulties between her and Mo Yuan. And hmm, whether there'll be a Demon Lord among the seven or another high deity who will challenge her when she comes back in the Southern realm after her very long absence?

I have a feeling in Bodhi fate series SW might not be as willing to be the demon empress again and maybe with her attatchment to mortals,she might like to explore the mortal realms as she never got see what become of them before she died.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I cant wait to see her reaction when she sees DH is not only be a whipped husband but a father too. I can tell SW is gonna bring the humor back into the series. Its so bittersweet how SW got to see DH as a lonely, empty child and now a loving husband, proud father and a good leader.

I have a feeling in Bodhi fate series SW might not be as willing to be the demon empress again and maybe with her attatchment to mortals,she might like to explore the mortal realms as she never got see what become of them before she died.

Not whipped.  :p   

FJ is no tigeress!  

But it also appears that DH talks alot more than he use too, and that will surprise SW.

Plus not having the multi-century wars will also be a big surprise for her. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Maybe not whipped, but that he's warm, patient, and caring to his wife and son. The three will have an easy camaraderie and are comfortably talking with each other. :)

Shao Wan might be surprised how good he is with kids. Even in back to chaos, he was very tolerant with the immortal children in Bihai Cangling. IMO he might have been also previously alright with Zhi He, and only became indifferent when she became possessive of him like a jealous lover. 

4 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Perhaps not, but she'd want to see and stay at her old home. About the mortal realm, guess who'll she'll drag with her to visit? Zu Ti, Feng Jiu, or BGG? :lol:

• Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe not whipped, but that he's warm, patient, and caring to his wife and son. The three will have an easy camaraderie and are comfortably talking with each other. :)

Shao Wan might be surprised how good he is with kids. Even in back to chaos, he was very tolerant with the immortal children in Bihai Cangling. IMO he might have been also previously alright with Zhi He, and only became indifferent when she became possessive of him like a jealous lover. 

Perhaps not, but she'd want to see and stay at her old home. About the mortal realm, guess who'll she'll drag with her to visit? Zu Ti, Feng Jiu, or BGG? :lol:

I can see her snagging both of the boys: BGG and A’Li

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

I can see her snagging both of the boys: BGG and A’Li

Better not let Ali take the lead, he might bring them to the Flower House! :lol:

33 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

All three lol

LOL, plus one more or maybe two following them!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Better not let Ali take the lead, he might bring them to the Flower House! :lol:

LOL, plus one more or maybe two following them!

Lol naw.. its a pinkie promise secret so he wouldnt take them there. 

... just had a crazy thought.

What if Shao Wen came back and showed up at Kunlun while A'Li was there due to his 'reward'?  Think Shao Wen might think he was Mo Yuan's grandkid?  -lol

On 7/10/2021 at 10:54 PM, Romulan said:

What if Shao Wen came back and showed up at Kunlun while A'Li was there due to his 'reward'?  Think Shao Wen might think he was Mo Yuan's grandkid?  -lol

If the released prologue is still the same by the time Bodhi Fate is officially released, Shao Wan would know Ali isn't Mo Yuan's grandkid. And also, Ali's looks take after Bai Qian. :lol:

On 7/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, Romulan said:

I'm hoping maybe there might be a part where she mistakes Ye Hua for Mo Yuan lol

• LOL 1

22 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I'm hoping maybe there might be a part where she mistakes Ye Hua for Mo Yuan lol

Oh that would be hilarious -especially if his grandfather has passed the reign onto him at that point..  

If its a classic case of misunderstanding -it would be mistaking Ye Hua for Mo Yuan while he is seen with his wife Bai Qian.  

• LOL 3

NOTE!!!

A couple of updates will be going up soon.

1) Back To Chaos in a Dream Chapter 9

2) Revised and updated translation of Bodhi Fate. This has been rejigged to adhere closely to Tang Qi's original prose. 

I trust that you will find it a really enjoyable read as Shao Wan is very bold, blunt and funny in the original prose. She is the female version of a "straight talking" guy. And remember, Fei Wei had described Dong Hua as a "straight talking" guy. Now we totally see why these two are BFFs. They are definitely 2 sides of the same coin LOL.

Feng Xing is truly the best steward she could ever have. He is the guy poor Fei Wei has been envying, hahahah as he gets to live in a "new decor" at Zhang Wei Mountain every year.

3) Chapter 2 Part 2 of Lotus Step and shortly followed by Chapter 3.

Sorry it's been taking a while. I have resorted how I am going to update the chapter in the future so they should go up a lot faster.

I'll be a little quiet on these forums as I am trying to nail out all there for everyone to enjoy in the shortest time frame possible. So just wait that alert bell when I finally upload it all!

:Pandabulous:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

NOTE!!!

A couple of updates will be going up soon.

1) Back To Chaos in a Dream Chapter 9

2) Revised and updated translation of Bodhi Fate. This has been rejigged to adhere closely to Tang Qi's original prose. 

I trust that you will find it a really enjoyable read as Shao Wan is very bold, blunt and funny in the original prose. She is the female version of a "straight talking" guy. And remember, Fei Wei had described Dong Hua as a "straight talking" guy. Now we totally see why these two are BFFs. They are definitely 2 sides of the same coin LOL.

Feng Xing is truly the best steward she could ever have. He is the guy poor Fei Wei has been envying, hahahah as he gets to live in a "new decor" at Zhang Wei Mountain every year.

3) Chapter 2 Part 2 of Lotus Step and shortly followed by Chapter 3.

Sorry it's been taking a while. I have resorted how I am going to update the chapter in the future so they should go up a lot faster.

I'll be a little quiet on these forums as I am trying to nail out all there for everyone to enjoy in the shortest time frame possible. So just wait that alert bell when I finally upload it all!

:Pandabulous:

Hooray! We know how it is having to balance RL with fun forum stuffs! 

We appreciate it alot! 

General question,  if I wanted to know what would be the Chinese equivalent of my name -what is the best way to do it?  

Most of the sites I see are more about just picking a random surname and a characteristic category. 

I was wondering if it d be better to take whatever is the meaning of my name and see what is the word for each of those -or if there is some better way? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Romulan said:

General question,  if I wanted to know what would be the Chinese equivalent of my name -what is the best way to do it?  

Most of the sites I see are more about just picking a random surname and a characteristic category. 

I was wondering if it d be better to take whatever is the meaning of my name and see what is the word for each of those -or if there is some better way? 

I think if you want to translate your name, you could pick something that is meaningful to you!

The way I've usually seen translations of names being done though (like famous figures), it's a phonetic translation. For example, "Obama" I see translated as 奧巴馬 (ào bā mǎ); see the similarity? 

I knew someone else whose first name was literally "Star," and when she took Mandarin, she decided to translate her name literally, so it was just 星星 (xīng xīng). I don't remember exactly what she did for her last name, but that part was phonetic. 

You could do phonetic or translate out the meaning, or pick an entirely different name, it's up to you!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Hooray! We know how it is having to balance RL with fun forum stuffs! 

We appreciate it alot! 

@Romulan

I'll give this a go. I'd say your user name can simply be put together with loan words that are phonetically similar.

Modern chinese now translate names using a loan words (for example the word gene is called  基 因 Ji Yin, phonetically similar to the English word) and in your case, the loan words (phonetic) are pretty in meaning as well.

For example 

Romulan 

若木兰

Ruo Mu Lan

Meaning - Like a Lily Magnolia

So I think this will suit you to a tee. Best  of both worlds. Easily understood and beautiful.

And I decided to share my original chinese name here, the one in my birth certificate (my dad changed our family name to his godma's for whatever crazy reasons but that's water under the bridge now.) Out of respect for my grandparents, we decided at their respective funerals to ensure that our original names were in their obituaries. 

My family name is Ren. I have a single name Yuan. And Yuan means "beautiful." And whether that name suits me, it will be up to @MayanEcho to gauge hahahaha! My chinese name is my middle name. I usually run by my English first name these days!

任媛

Ren Yuan

P.S My chinese ancestry is interesting. My paternal great grandparents were from different parts of China. My paternal great grandma is from a missionary orphanage in Northern China (she was left at their doorstep) and my paternal great grandpa was from Fu Zhou. They left China for Hong Kong when the instability and war started in the earlier part of the 20th Century. Then left for Singapore afterwards. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Romulan@Ninky more than did justice to her name "Yuan". ^_^

@MayanEchoI 2nd that!

@NinkyThat is super cool! Ruo Mu Lan -I like it! 

My surname is Lumsden (it doesnt have any special meaning)

My 1st name is Mary

But I'm starting to go more by my middle name of Tabitha.  

Mary means myrrh (often mistranslated as bitter herb) 

Tabitha means gazelle 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1