[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Who do you prefer? Zi Lan or Xiao Yan?

right now, probably because I am watching EL, I choose ZL and hope he can be with Yan Zhi somehow

Xiao Yan. He has shown to be the best bestie one could ever have. And YZ don't exist in the books. I still ship book cps over the dramas.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Still a beauty even when she cried herself to sleep. And there's that blink and you'll miss it, only for her, slight gentle smile.

spacer.png

ELOD Ep39, WeTV (screenshot gif by poster)

Third Prince Lian Song gives a hint on what will be revealed in Lotus Steps. ^_^

ia6zoB.gif

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I hate to say this, but currently watching episode 50 of EL, FJ reminds me of SJ…they insist on sticking by their crush despite being unwanted….if DH didn’t actually like FJ, no doubt she would be a returning nuisance.

why did they decide to give FJ such a different personality? Bai Yi’s character wasn’t that different from the pillow book. I’m just glad ELOD FJ is mindful of keeping her dignity. 

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I hate to say this, but currently watching episode 50 of EL, FJ reminds me of SJ…they insist on sticking by their crush despite being unwanted….if DH didn’t actually like FJ, no doubt she would be a returning nuisance.

why did they decide to give FJ such a different personality? Bai Yi’s character wasn’t that different from the pillow book. I’m just glad ELOD FJ is mindful of keeping her dignity. 

I think it was in part trying to ensure that no one could accuse them of using the Pillow Book since they didnt have the rights for it when they filled Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms

On 7/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, Ninky said:

Xiao Yan. He has shown to be the best bestie one could ever have. And YZ don't exist in the books. I still ship book cps over the dramas.

Though I really wish Die Fang was in the books. I enjoyed him alot! 

If I ever get the video editing skill I want to use his scenes from Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and his scenes as the Doctor in Legend of FuYao for fun effect.

• Like 2

BODHI FATE

Shao Wan is a hoot! :lol: Dong Hua would really miss her sense of humour which is very much like his. Even Zhe Yan would happily bicker with her again on who's the eldest phoenix. Anyway Shao Wan, times has changed. Uh, just ask Bai Qian, what she thinks about ages and age differences.

I remember when Dong Hua was still collecting stones at the Heavenly Jade Sea and Zhe Yan was still plucking peaches at Ten Miles Peach Forest, I was already worshipped and revered by the Demon race as their Ancestor Goddess and placed on a high pedestal for them to make offerings to at Zhang Wei Mountain.

Shao Wan and Feng Xing has a good relationship. Among these beautiful men, who would likely object being called effeminate or feminine, if they knew what it meant for her, and for him? Heads up to Ali, Bai Gun Gun, and even Lian Song. ^_^

In the past 70,000 years, I was no stranger to dealing with members of the Heavenly Clan, but this was the first time I had seen Mo Yuan. Based on what I could recall of his image, I asked Feng Xing, "Are you sure he is really the son of Father God? Why does Father God look so imposing and tough and yet Mo Yuan looks so effeminate? I think I look more manly than him."

Feng Xing said: "Ancestor, you once said Zhe Yan is totally effeminate, Dong Hua looks feminine and even Qing Qiu’s Bai Zhi with such manly eyebrows, comes across as a little feminine. In your eyes, is there anyone who is not feminine?" Sighing again, he continued," Every beautiful looking man is effeminate in your eyes, why don't you think that I am one too? "

"I have actually felt that way all along, but I didn’t dare to say it because I was afraid you wouldn't be happy about it." I replied.

With sparkling eyes, he countered, "Why didn't you say so earlier!"

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua would really miss her sense of humour which is very much like his. Even Zhe Yan would happily bicker with her again on who's the eldest phoenix. Anyway Shao Wan, times has changed. Uh, just ask Bai Qian, what she thinks about ages and age differences.

Her coming back is probably the icing on the cake lol can you imagine her reaction seeing how everythings changed

• Wiggle 1

Question: if Bai Yi was so desperate to find FJ a husband, then why didn’t he just do a formal engagement like BQ did. She was stuck with YH as her fiancé but they didn’t even see each other.

also, I remember that FJ’s mother is from the red fox clan….wonder which clan Xuan Nu belongs to.

also, why didn’t BQ’s brothers marry princesses if she was expected to marry Sang Ji?

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Question: if Bai Yi was so desperate to find FJ a husband, then why didn’t he just do a formal engagement like BQ did. She was stuck with YH as her fiancé but they didn’t even see each other.

also, I remember that FJ’s mother is from the red fox clan….wonder which clan Xuan Nu belongs to.

also, why didn’t BQ’s brothers marry princesses if she was expected to marry Sang Ji?

Bai Qian's marriage was because of the Celestials wanting a marriage alliance.  

As a rule, the Fox Clan is more flexible on finding spouses. 

Xuan Nu's was from one of the 1 tailed fox clans.  In her family there was at least 2 wives, the daughter of the primary wife married one of the Bai Qian's brothers.  

Xuan Nu was daughter of the concubine.  Bai Qian had been considerate in not killing Xuan Nu for what she did in stealing the battle plans because of the sister in law. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Her coming back is probably the icing on the cake lol can you imagine her reaction seeing how everythings changed

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

BODHI FATE

Shao Wan is a hoot! :lol: Dong Hua would really miss her sense of humour which is very much like his. Even Zhe Yan would happily bicker with her again on who's the eldest phoenix. Anyway Shao Wan, times has changed. Uh, just ask Bai Qian, what she thinks about ages and age differences.

Well if you dare to call Bai Qian old, you might just get turned back into your original form (if you are an otherwise beloved niece.)     Shao Wan and Mo Yuan are near the same age.  Now Im not sure who would really dare to otherwise comment on Bai Qian's age. 

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Grandma Fuyi and Bai Yi would disagree. They have standards for FJ’s husband.

They have standards but thats for preselecting the options.  :p 

• Like 1

I have redone the translation for Bodhi and it should go up tonight. There are some mistranslation in the previous version as I compared it to her original text so it may not be the same as what you quoted @MayanEcho

You will see a noticeable difference to the previous version. I have gone indepth and adhered to Tang Qi’s prose closely. You will find it funnier and will appreciate Shao Wan’s sharp sense of humour. She is quite like Dong Hua in this way. Let’s just say she is very much like her bestie except that she is a lot more outspoken than him.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

I have redone the translation for Bodhi and it should go up tonight. There are some mistranslation in the previous version as I compared it to her original text so it may not be the same as what you quoted

When new version is up, it's time to read again, and laugh at Shao Wan's thoughts and antics. ^_^

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

You will see a noticeable difference to the previous version. I have gone indepth and adhered to Tang Qi’s prose closely. You will find it funnier and will appreciate Shao Wan’s sharp sense of humour. She is quite like Dong Hua in this way. Let’s just say she is very much like her bestie except that she is a lot more outspoken than him.

That's one of the few aspects where they're opposites, since Dong Hua's succinct with his words. But sharp just the same. 

11 hours ago, Romulan said:

Well if you dare to call Bai Qian old, you might just get turned back into your original form (if you are an otherwise beloved niece.)     Shao Wan and Mo Yuan are near the same age.  Now Im not sure who would really dare to otherwise comment on Bai Qian's age. 

Hehehe, Shao Wan wants to be older than Zhe Yan, never mind that she was still in her egg when he was already flying before she hatched. Her egg was around since Pangu's time, she was even worshipped by the demons while still in her egg. No wonder she won't back down with her age claim.

11 hours ago, Megan said:

Grandma Fuyi and Bai Yi would disagree. They have standards for FJ’s husband.

They have a general standard on who should Feng Jiu marry, given that she's the only granddaughter of the Bai clan. But that's also as some sort of guide for Feng Jiu to be more discerning on who will she be into a relation with. Her husband should be sincere and true to her, and not think of her as a trophy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

When new version is up, it's time to read again, and laugh at Shao Wan's thoughts and antics. ^_^

That's one of the few aspects where they're opposites, since Dong Hua's succinct with his words. But sharp just the same. 

Hehehe, Shao Wan wants to be older than Zhe Yan, never mind that she was still in her egg when he was already flying before she hatched. Her egg was around since Pangu's time, she was even worshipped by the demons while still in her egg. No wonder she won't back down with her age claim.

They have a general standard on who should Feng Jiu marry, given that she's the only granddaughter of the Bai clan. But that's also as some sort of guide for Feng Jiu to be more discerning on who will she be into a relation with. Her husband should be sincere and true to her, and not think of her as a trophy.

I think Shao Wan had reluctantly conceded to Zhe Yan. 

Question is it in one of the books or just from a Q/A about Zhe Lan's origin? 

Am I correct they are currently the only 2 members of the Phoenix clan? 

Anyone know why there is the rule against the Ghost Tribe marrying Celestials? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

I think Shao Wan had reluctantly conceded to Zhe Yan. 

Question is it in one of the books or just from a Q/A about Zhe Lan's origin? 

Am I correct they are currently the only 2 members of the Phoenix clan? 

It's in Bodhi Fate ch1, and yes, more or less there're two of them as of now who are known to be phoenixes. 

But in those days, I didn't have time to envy Mo Yuan as Zhe Yan and I were preoccupied with arguing about who was the first Phoenix to emerge in this world. It was true that Zhe Yan had physically manifested from fire hundreds of years earlier than me. However, by the time Pan Gu faded, the egg from which I hatched out of, had already been secured at Mount Zhang Wei, providing the surrounding Demon Clans with an ancestor to worship.

Thus, going by the age of the egg, I was older than Zhe Yan.

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

Anyone know why there is the rule against the Ghost Tribe marrying Celestials? 

It may be due to past differences and wars they had waged against each other. Or physically by nature, not compatible.

• Like 1

@SilverDawn the drawing is gorgeous. This is totally bias, I think the couple have the most romantic and natural poses. 

On 7/16/2021 at 5:01 PM, MayanEcho said:

Still a beauty even when she cried herself to sleep. And there's that blink and you'll miss it, only for her, slight gentle smile.

FJ's expressions are beautiful. She is truly blessed, and all of Donghua's microexpressions for FJ are so heartwarming. 

I wonder how many of the microexpressions FJ catch. 

On 7/17/2021 at 2:40 AM, Megan said:

FJ did came off as needy in EL. If her feelings were not reciprocated, she would seem like a stalker. 

Both FJ and DH in EL seem two dimensional. 

I am glad ELOD's FJ and DH are similar to the book version.

@Ninky can't wait to read your translations. Thanks for not giving up on the translations during these difficult times.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2