Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

46 minutes ago, lovelygoddess said:

You mentioned she is busy with the drama filming? how so?  Wondering if she can be a big influence to the writers or on set?

She is one of the scriptwriters for the drama. :D

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lovelygoddess said:

This book is really celebrates feminism and girl power and shows how strong of a woman FJ is.

YES. YES. YES!!!!!!!!!! :wub: This is why i love her SOOOOOOOOOO much more than BQ! She also doesn’t need to fake the godly airs like BQ and she doesn’t look down on others. She is so cute, humble, kind, caring, friendly, sensitive, independent and her feminism isn’t in-your-face. She is intelligent, competent and emotionally so strong. She suffers, perseveres, forgives, and always walks away with dignity and integrity. She has her weak moments and that’s when DH comes in and complements her perfectly with his physical strength. All this and she’s only like 16 in human years! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

@enigmatic_zephy In Chinese dramas, 99% of the time, it’s not their own voice. They are all voiced by professional voice actors. The most important reason for this is because China is HUGE with hundreds of provinces and dialects (heavily affecting their accents), and not everyone can speak Mandarin (or to the required proficiency) due to many actors being brought in from Hong Kong, Taiwan and even Korea and Japan. Many people remark on how strange it is that Chinese dramas use voice actors. But if they didn’t use voice actors, it would be even stranger, eg. imagine Dijun speaking with a strong country accent or something like that. Just an example. In this case, both Vengo and Dilraba’s own voices are fine, but the practice is to

Such a long detailed reply.. many thanks..

while i am still analyzing all you are saying, but i am too impatient to hold off asking this..

so do you mean, in the book including ten miles peach, its DJ chasing FJ and the drama completely flipped it?

WHY?????????????????????????????

the original would have been delicious

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Such a long detailed reply.. many thanks..

while i am still analyzing all you are saying, but i am too impatient to hold off asking this..

so do you mean, in the book including ten miles peach, its DJ chasing FJ and the drama completely flipped it?

WHY?????????????????????????????

the original would have been delicious

Yes, they completely flipped it and the detailed answer is above in my reply to you, including details about main characters of each book, timeline differences and production rights. I don’t want to repeat myself so please just read my answer above.

Short answer specifically about the 10MOPB book: FJ does go to the mortal realm because she believes DH reincarnated into the emperor.

Spoiler

But in The Pillow Book, we find out that nothing is as it seems. The emperor is not what FJ thinks he is. FJ is caught in numerous secrets, subterfuge and misunderstandings. There were many, many things FJ sacrificed for DH that he never knew about. She loved him for 2000 years and it was unrequited. It’s very heartwrenching and tragic, completely different from the Eternal Love drama’s made-up story of DH & FJ. I don’t want to spoil the twists and turns in The Pillow Book for you, so this is really all you need to know - just go read 10MOPB and The Pillow Book! And yes, The Pillow Book is about DH chasing FJ but it’s not as simple as that. He had hurt her so, so much after all she had sacrificed for him. The beginning of The Pillow Book is set almost 300 years after the end of 10MOPB. It takes almost 300 years for YH & BQ’s wedding to be prepared. At their wedding, DH meets FJ for the first time, where she appears as a widow in white mourning clothes. She had already loved him for 2000 years, married twice to random people because of him, and had basically given up on him. But DH thinks this is the first time they met... and this is where the story of the book begins.

The Pillow Book drama is going to be the true and faithful adaptation of DH & FJ’s love story from the book, so it will be delicious, and it will also be much more serious because FJ suffers A LOT.

Can i just say, in the nicest way possible, it’ll probably be easier for everyone including yourself if you just go and read the books, 10MOPB and The Pillow Book. Eternal Love drama already changed a LOT of what happens and you don’t know what has been changed, which means you don’t know what really happened in the first book, 10MOPB. But you’re here in a thread that is about the second book, The Pillow Book, and its upcoming drama adaptation, which actually has very little to do with anything in Eternal Love, which is all you know about. Trying to explain Why This and Why That to you is quite difficult, when you haven’t properly read my previous reply, and when you’ve already made a lot of assumptions, but don’t understand the intricate complexities of the books. There’s also an important major twist that happens in The Pillow Book that turns 10MOPB completely on its head, that i don’t want to spoil for you, but also can’t properly answer any of your questions without going into it. :huh: It’s like trying to explain the last book of Harry Potter to you after you’ve only watched the first movie! :crazy: The Pillow Book is a VERY, VERY complex book. It makes 10MOPB look like child’s play.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, lovelygoddess said:

Yes I've read some of your posts ! <3  I have finished the PILLOW BOOK in record time so reading all the posts on here (including yours) is tying me over until the raw feeling of the book being over subsides lol  For me I knew the characters as the drama actors first and eventually found the PILLOW BOOK so when I was reading the book I was imagining Vengo and Dilraba the WHOLE TIME.  For "trying her hand at romance book" the author did an amazing job.  Hopefully she can continue to write the other books because Mo Yuan is a character I think I could really fall in love with too.

You mentioned she is busy with the drama filming? how so?  Wondering if she can be a big influence to the writers or on set?

Tang qi (pillow book author)is personally involved in this drama as one of the script writer..so we can expected the outcomes would be exceptionally satisfying .:smiley:oh @redfoxprincessalready answer to your questions..:thumbsup:.

• Like 2

I want to follow Vengo and Dilraba on social media.  does anyone know if they have official twitter, facebook, instagram, or any other official accounts?  It's getting hard to determine if an account i'm following is fan made or legit. 

PS @jimmylyne and @redfoxprincess  THAT'S AMAZING that Tang Qi is screenwriter too!!  I hope her ideas don't get poo poo'd by the other screenwriters although they might have more experience that she as to how it writing for film works.  Now that I know this it's going to really make an interesting drama indeed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovelygoddess said:

I want to follow Vengo and Dilraba on social media.  does anyone know if they have official twitter, facebook, instagram, or any other official accounts?  It's getting hard to determine if an account i'm following is fan made or legit. 

Those aren’t allowed in China. They both have an official Weibo account, and there’s an official The Pillow Book Weibo account. But it’s all in Chinese, is that ok? Here are the links:

Dilraba

Vengo

The Pillow Book

On 9/7/2018 at 11:38 AM, lovelygoddess said:

Can't get enough of the drama filming updates/photos/behind the scenes clips!!!  Thank you to those that are posting...it's keeping my obsession somewhat contained.  I just realized today that online the Pillow Book drama isn't going to be released until DECEMBER 2019??!??! that's almost 1.5years from now ??~?! :cold_sweat:  WHAT are we all going to do in the meantime....like seriously?!?!?  I've already decided i'm going to rewatch 10MOPB just for all the FJ and DH clips.  Was searching youtube and found this which is a pretty good summary of all the key parts of the 10MOPB: I cried for their love story everytime!!  (so maybe this will tie some of you superfans over!!)

10MOPB soundtrack is actually really amazing too!!  Stirs up lots of emotions and memories while watching the drama. 

IN MY OPINION:

1)  Mortal DH&FJ arc:  I LOVED IT.  I know that there is a lot of backlash about how is he a horny emperor but I don't think that's the intention of the screenwriters.  I think that we know the reality of the mortal realm and how emperors are like in those days.  DH did not choose specifically to be that I think.  I know the novel purists all poo-poo this arc as it's not in the novel BUT ACTUALLY I think this is where  the drama makes it better!! For me I've secretly been rooting for FJ&DH love relationship which they could not get in as immortals so this arc provided a wish fulfillment.  I was so happy for both of them when they finally got together.  Seriously, try to watch the above youtube compilation to the end and tell me you don't shed a tear!!  I really was lost in all the love and I think it sets up PILLOW BOOK drama well because you can see the potential of their love it was allowed to be so the next series would be even better than the arc....the arc was like a appetizer and makes you EXCITED for the main course PILLOW BOOK (or in my case more Vengo !! :w00t::wub::yum:).  I have many questions of how the drama will be (what's this mortal prince business, how does aranya dream play in all this) but I'm hoping they do keep to the general story of the book but I'm not opposed to some creative additions.  After all, it's an "adaption" meaning we already know how the book goes .... the drama adds to that dimension so that it's not the same and boring.

2)  Aranya's dream:  When I read to the end of the dream part and everything made sense....it was like A BOMB....went off in my head!!! I WAS LIKE OMG!!!!!! and that just sealed the deal for me.....i love the characters and I love even more the actors that play it.  I even changed my phone background to DH hahahahaha (is it weird I think Vengo in white hair is cuter than in real life!?)

....please someone agree with me so i don't feel like a total fan girl fool for him?!?!  *DROOL*  .....................and what would you do if one day you met him in the street and he asked you for something simple like directions???

Love your post..

Sooo....at the first time I read it(Aranya Dream parts) I kind of..didn't seriously concentrated...but the second and the third times I read it..oh my heart..it's so heartbreakingly sad just like DH/FJ's love story..I realized that.. due to the "Unfinished Fate" between Aranya/ChenYe is the reason DH/FJ can be together. There's a few parts/lines in the book I really love because as simple as it was..but the meaning is deeply touching.

1.People say the most painful thing is a love where you cannot be together in life and cannot meet in death. But that was not it. The worst grief is when you clearly loved her but she never even know to the day she died and you could no longer let her know.

2.That person. You'd never see her again.You could never hear her again.You could never touch her again. She even decidedly gave up on reincarnation.  No matter how many after lives there were no matter who you became, you would never be able to meet her .She was gone, completely and utterly gone.

3. "Look at the love to see the lover". For exp: There was the passionate kind of love, the steady kind love and also the courteous kind of love. There were people loved very MUCH but said very LITTLE .Then there were people love very MUCH and said just as MUCH. One could not say that someone else's feelings weren't love just because his love was different from one's own. 

PS: I really love the Pillow Book novel and admire Tang Qi imaginations and inspirations. It's so amazingly splendidly beautifully written. I might say she is a genius "A True Love Story" writer.

Ahhh..the YouTube video..just like @redfoxprincesssaid been watched it like a million times!! :lol::love: @redfoxprincessAdmire and really enjoyed your opinions and your point of views as always.

@karinos also love your latest comments. 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote Vid
  • Like 3

Dijun and his one liners mine fav is..

1. I have never feared destiny and I certainly don't need it's charity

Just love the way he says this..

P.S. wrote this post as thread is moving really slowly. Do share your fav one liners.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, elsanna said:

P.S. wrote this post as thread is moving really slowly. Do share your fav one liners.

" So what if Destiny says we're fated, and so what if it says we're not?. I've never feared Destiny, and i certainly don't need it charity."

YES! These lines definitely my favourite in DH/FJ's timelines....such a powerful words from DH.

• Like 4

Bai Gungun is a decendent of Interbreeding of nine tailed white fox and red fox from his mother FJ and his father DH have a golden/red blood( is DH blood was golden red due to his cultivated so long as per-stated his age "as old as time"?)

..make me wondering if Bai Gungun got more genetic  from her mother or his father? Since his appearance with silver white haired so I guess its was more to DH's..not only that his intelligences was so impressive.

For a 197yrs(2yrs old) little boy..

a toddler.. he did taking care of his mother very well..since FJ have a habit kick away her guilt during her sleep. Bai Gungun wake up every night to tuck his mother in...such a wonderful "matured" little boy. 

It's also make wondering if Bai Gungun/Ah Li can transforms into a Fox?!!:grin:

PS: I must be out of my mind..with all of those questions..don't mind me:joy::lol:

• LOL 3

Bai gun gun is a really caring and smart boy when fengjiu started feeding him false information he caught it very well...

Bai gun gun might transform into a fox but ah li was given birth when BQ was human. So I don't think he can transform

Edited by elsanna
  • Like 3

DECEMBER OF 2019? REALLY?! 

I was counting on the Pillow Book series to satisfy my hungry shipping heart until Star Wars IX comes out next December (Reylo is the waylo, anyone?) AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER FOR THE PB SERIES TOO? I don't know if my heart can take it.

And yes, after many months of lurking, I created an account just to blurt that out. :D

Btw, good job with the updates guys. Y'all are awesome!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:17 PM, a1b5c3d4 said:

DECEMBER OF 2019? REALLY?! 

I was counting on the Pillow Book series to satisfy my hungry shipping heart until Star Wars IX comes out next December (Reylo is the waylo, anyone?) AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER FOR THE PB SERIES TOO? I don't know if my heart can take it.

@a1b5c3d4I LOVE REYLO!!! That ship is one of my obsessions right now :bawling:. It's to the point where it's become ridiculous! Adam Driver is bae for sure! Pls tell me you've read the ending of Pillow Book, because *SPOILER*  DH does have a "Gungun, I'm your father" line much like Darth Vader. 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:46 AM, elsanna said:

I have a lot of favorite lines from the book but the one you posted is definitely my favorite of Dijun's. He was just so sure of himself to the point where his confidence came off as arrogance especially since he was talking about challenging destiny. Destiny! For goodness sake! Who does that except immortals? I was like "YASSS Hunny!!! Fight for your girl and your life together!"

Not gonna lie, as much as I love romance,  I'm a girl for angst. It's like the saying goes, "you're going to suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." I teared up at the part where FJ is speaking to Su Moye about giving up on loving Dijun after she escapes the Jiuqu cage & Chenye rescues her then leaves her. You're conflicted because as you read, you can feel how tired she was of loving him. 

FJ: "Have you heard of my story with Donghua Dijun?"

SM: "Liansong mentioned some of it to me. Bai Zhen always said your innate personality doesn't allow you to dwell one sorrow, right now you look as though you are trying to endure sadness on your own. 

FJ:"...Changdi replaced the stone cell with the Jiuqu Cage."

SM: "What?!"

FJ: It was nothing really. I've taken some medicine for the injuries. It doesn't hurt anymore. It's just that when I was enduring the torture inside the cage, I kept thinking why it had to be like this for me." 

FJ continues to talk about Auntie BQ being rescued every time she is captured or in danger to the point where because of that all her luck has been used up when she needs rescue herself.

FJ: "Then say, hasn't Auntie used up all my luck? Is that why every time I'm in danger I'm always by myself." :confounded:

SM: "Every time?"

FJ: "Mmm, the sort of danger that almost took my life had happened a few times in the past....Because I'm the only granddaughter of Qinnqui, I actually have always been spoiled since I was young. Later on because I liked Donghua Dijunn, I came to experience bitterness and became a lot stronger...Most people cannot withstand the Jiuqi Cage for five days, right? I actually survived it, even got out and came back alone. I'm very pleased and proud of myself. 

SM: "And then?" 

FJ: "When I came back and saw Lord Xize dressing Junuo's wound...to be honest, I didn't think Junuo's injury was serious, but Lord Xize was bandaging it so carefully, suddenly it left me feeling a little sad." ..."it made me sad because I got to see how a well-protected woman looks. I despise Junuo's pretense of being hurt by such trivial injuries, yet I was very envious of her." She raised her hands to cover her eyes. "Dijun...why is it that every time I need him, he's never there for me?...Whenever I was in danger he never appeared. I told myself it was because we aren't fated, but I didn't really feel that. I thought if I worked hard, Heaven would someday be moved. This time, though, I really think if Chen Ye hadn't saved me, I'd have died. I didn't believe we weren't fated before perhaps because I wasn't thoroughly disappointed yet."

SM: "Then, do you hate him?"

Fengjiu lowered her palms, gazed to the apricot blossoms under the moonlight, and blinked hard. 

FJ:"Probably not. I just feel wary, Dijun is great, we just aren't meant to be."

SM: "You're still very young, you'll meet someone better in the future." 

Fengjiu unconsciously nodded 

FJ: "Yes, I'll meet someone better in the future." 

SM: "What kind of man do you want?"

FJ:" Although I'm not so weak that I would die if someone didn't come save me from perils, I do hope to meet someone who would help me when I was in danger. Then after saving me, he wouldn't throw me aside. And when I was sad he'd be there to comfort me."

SM: Haven't you thought about meeting someone who wouldn't let you suffer, who wouldn't let you be in danger to begin with? Does your neck hurt when you crane it like that? Did someone tell you looking up will stop tears from falling? Don't you know that's a lie? What is it that you are trying to bear?"

"A burst of chilling air passed by. Fengjiu was still looking skyward as if the round moon in the sky was full of fascination. Sometime later, two streams of tears fell from her eyes, followed by low sobs. Then a while more, she finally bawled heartbreakingly :bawling:. A strong gust materialized out of thin air, bringing apricot petals sprinkling and swirling turbidly like a snowstorm. Within the flying petals, Su Moye once again saw the purple shadow....In the dense petal rain, the purple-robed deity was deathly pale, at his feet was a spilled medicine bowl. His fingers grasped onto an old apricot trunk while his eyes rested one Fengjiu's body. Fengjiu remained unaware, she was only crying harder and harder now. He knitted his brow and silently gazed towards her. He seemingly wanted to come closer, yet unable to take that distance-closing step."

GUYS!!! How did you not feel for her during this time? Upon re-reading. I discovered something new. Because, I was too distracted crying and feeling sad for FJ,  I wanna point out that even though she's not in the best space of mind, you can still see fleeting bits of strength in her. FJ is conflicted because she despises Junuo's pretense of being hurt after a small injury yet she's envious of the attention she's getting. Also, she wants someone to help her during dangerous times even though she knows she can handle it herself. Lastly, she just wants someone to be there for her when she's sad :weary:.  How relatable and good-hearted our Fengjiu is... This reminds me of times when I speak/listen to my girlfriends when they're down & vice versa. 

In DH's defense (even though at this point of the story it is nothing compared to the things FJ has done over the centuries she's been in love with him) he didn't know that FJ was in Aranya's body. 

A day or two after that scene...

DH as Lord Xize: "That night you said you had once loved someone...that person had made you very disappointed hadn't he?" "He had indeed made you very disappointed."

FJ: "It really doesn't matter whether I was disappointed or not. It's just that sometimes love needs the presence of fate as well. I spent a lot of time gambling on this fate, but in the end I didn't win. Only recently did I comprehend the tragedy of insisting on a fate which we didn't have, and was enlightened quite a bit."

DH as Lord Xize: "If he now appears in front of you, will you still doubt that there is fate between the two of you?"

FJ:" The word 'fate' has never existed between the two of us. I've wagered myself so long, it's about time to let go. So you see, whether he appears or not this time wouldn't really make a difference. It would be better if he doesn't come, I don't really want to see him."

*OUCH! at DH but in reality I was like "lmaooo BOIII bye! You go girl! Give him a taste of his own medicine." It's a good thing DH redeems himself by doing most of the chasing in book two or else I would've blown a gasket. FATE is a really big theme in Pillow Book. DH and FJ talk about it on separate occasions as seen above.

I have two favorite angsty scenes that I cannot wait to see in the drama adaptation. Obviously one is the excerpt above, and the other is any scene where they ask or say to each other, "Who loves you best?" followed by a reply of "You love me best." I thought that was such a romantic way of the mains telling each other I love you. 

Shoutout to Bai Gungun for having to deal with such overdramatic parents! That little cutie is too mature for his age. @jimmylyne @elsanna

• Like 8

2 hours ago, karinos said:

@a1b5c3d4I LOVE REYLO!!! That ship is one of my obsessions right now :bawling:. It's to the point where it's become ridiculous! Adam Driver is bae for sure! Pls tell me you've read the ending of Pillow Book, because *SPOILER*  DH does have a "Gungun, I'm your father" line much like Darth Vader. 

I have a lot of favorite lines from the book but the one you posted is definitely my favorite of Dijun's. He was just so sure of himself to the point where his confidence came off as arrogance especially since he was talking about challenging destiny. Destiny! For goodness sake! Who does that except immortals? I was like "YASSS Hunny!!! Fight for your girl and your life together!"

Not gonna lie, as much as I love romance,  I'm a girl for angst. It's like the saying goes, " you're going to suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." I teared up at the part where FJ is speaking to Su Moye about giving up on loving Dijun after she escapes the Jiuqu cage & Chenye rescues her then leaves her. You're conflicted because as you read, you can feel how tired she was of loving him. 

FJ: "Have you heard of my story with Donnghua Dijun?"

SM: "Liansong mentioned some of it to me. Bai Zhen always said your innate personality doesn't allow you to dwell one sorrow, right now you look as though you are trying to endure sadness on your own. 

SM: "What?"

FJ: It was nothing really. I've taken some medicine for the injuries. It doesn't hurt anymore. It's just that when I was enduring the torture inside the cage, I kept thinking why it had to be like this for me." 

FJ continues to talk about Auntie BQ being rescued every time she is captured or in danger to the point where because of that all her luck has been used up when she needs rescue herself.

FJ: "Then say, hasn't Auntie used up all my luck? Is that why every time I'm in danger I'm always by myself." :confounded:

FJ: "Mmm, the sort of danger that almost took my life had happened a few times in the past....Because I'm the only granddaughter of Qinnqui, I actually have always been spoiled since I was young. Later on because I liked Donghua Dijunn, I came to experience bitterness and became a lot stronger...Most people cannot withstand the Jiuqi Cage for five days, right? Actually survived it, even got out and came back alone. I'm very pleased and proud of myself. 

FJ: "When I came back and saw Lord Xize dressing Junuo's wound...to be honest, I didn't think Junuo's injury was serious, but Lord Size was bandaging it so carefully, suddenly it left me feeling a little sad." ..."it made me sad because I got to see how a well-protected woman looks. I despise Junuo's pretense of being hurt by such trivial injuries, yet I was very envious of her." She raised her hands to cover her eyes. "Dijun...why is it that every time I need him, he's never there for me?...Whenever I was in danger he never appeared. I told myself it was because we aren't fated, but I didn't really feel that. I thought if I worked hard, Heaven would someday be moved. This time, though, I really think if Chen Ye hadn't saved me, I'd have died. I didn't believe we weren't fated before perhaps because I wasn't thoroughly disappointed yet."

Fengjiu lowered her palms, gazed to the apricot blossoms under the moonlight, and blinked hard. 

FJ:"Probably not. I just feel wary, Dijun is great, we just aren't meant to be."

Fenngjiu unconsciously nodded 

FJ:" Although I'm not so weak that I would die if someone didn't come save me from perils, I do hope to meet someone who would help me when I was in danger. Then after saving me, he wouldn't throw me aside. And when I was sad he'd be there to comfort me."

SM: Haven't you thought about meeting someone who wouldn't let you suffer, who wouldn't let you be in danger to begin with? Does your neck hurt when you crane it like that? Did someone tell you looking up will stop tears from falling? Don't you know that's a lie? What is it that you are trying to bear?"

"A burst of chilling air passed by. Fengjiu was still looking skyward as if the round moon in the sky was full of fascination. Sometime later, two streams of tears fell from her eyes, followed by low sobs. Then a while more, she finally bawled heartbreakingly.:bawling: A strong gust materialized out of thin air, bringing apricot petals sprinkling and swirling turbidly like a snowstorm. Within the flying petals, Su Moye once again saw the purple shadow....In the dense petal rain, the purple-robed deity was deathly pale, at his feet was a spilled medicine bowl. His fingers grasped onto an old apricot trunk while his eyes rested one Fengjiu's body. Fengjiu remained unaware, she was only crying harder and harder now. He knitted his brow and silently gazed towards her. He seemingly wanted to come closer, yet unable to take that distance-closing step."

GUYS!!! How did you not feel for her during this time? Upon re-reading. I discovered something new. Because, I was too distracted crying and feeling sad for FJ,  I wanna point out that even though she's not in the best space of mind, you can still see fleeting bits of strength in her. FJ is conflicted because she despises Junuo's pretense of being hurt after a small injury yet she's envious of the attention she's getting. Also, she wants someone to help her during dangerous times even though she knows she can handle it herself. Lastly, she just wants someone to be there for her when she's sad :weary:.  How relatable and good-hearted our Fenjiu is... This reminds me of times when I speak/listen to my girlfriends when they're down & vice versa. 

In DH's defense (even though at this point of the story it is nothing compared to the things FJ has done over the centuries she's been in love with him) he didn't know that FJ was in Aranya's body. 

DH as Lord Xize: "That night you said you had once loved someone...that person had made you very disappointed hadn't he?" "He had indeed made you very disappointed."

FJ: "It really doesn't matter whether I was disappointed or not. It's just that sometimes love needs the presence of fate as well. I spent a lot of time gambling on this fate, but in the end I didn't win. Only recently did I comprehend the tragedy of insisting on a fate which we didn't have, and was enlightened quite a bit."

DH as Lord Xize: "If he now appears in front of you, will you still doubt that there is fate between the two of you?"

FJ:" The word 'fate' has never existed between the two of us. I've wagered myself so long, it's about time to let go. So you see, whether he appears or not this time wouldn't really make a difference. It would be better if he doesn't come, I don't really want to see him."

*OUCH! at DH but in reality I was like "lmaooo BOIII bye! You go girl! Give him a taste of his own medicine." It's a good thing DH redeems himself by doing most of the chasing in book two or else I would've blown a gasket. FATE is a really big theme in Pillow Book. DH and FJ talk about on on separate occasions as seen above.

I have two favorite angsty scenes that I cannot wait to see in the drama adaptation. Obviously one is the excerpt above, and the other is any scene where they ask or say to each other, "Who loves you best?" followed by a reply of "You love me best." I thought that was such a romantic way of the mains telling each other I love you. 

Shoutout to Bai Gungun for having to deal with such overdramatic parents! That little cutie is too mature for his age. @jimmylyne @elsanna

Hello, new to this site! Hope I'm responding correctly!

This part was probably my favorite part of all time in this novel! It was so heartbreaking, and so mature of FJ.

I've read PB twice, but maybe I'm just not comprehending some parts right. Please help me clarify!

1) Technically since SM loved Aranya, doesn't it meant that he loves FJ's shadow? xD I don't remember his reaction of when he found out...

2) What level of power does FJ have exactly? I remember reading something about her trials, but did she actually go through ascension trials?? I think I read too fast and skipped over some plot points. :(

Can't wait for this drama to come out, can't believe have to wait at least half a year to a year. I keep rewatching DHFJ scenes in TMPB to pull me over!

• Like 2

In video are they shooting dream part. Why does he have black hair. Even when he took xize place his hair was silver. But why in every bts it's black.????:huh:

29 minutes ago, elsanna said:

In video are they shooting dream part. Why does he have black hair. Even when he took xize place his hair was silver. But why in every bts it's black.????:huh:

I think that is Vengo as a Crown Prince or maybe Chen Ye (rumor has it Vengo plays 4 characters 1.Dong Hua 2.Crown Prince 3.Xize 4.Chen Ye)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, karinos said:

Not gonna lie, as much as I love romance,  I'm a girl for angst. It's like the saying goes, " you're going to suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." I teared up at the part where FJ is speaking to Su Moye about giving up on loving Dijun after she escapes the Jiuqu cage & Chenye rescues her then leaves her. You're conflicted because as you read, you can feel how tired she was of loving him. 

FJ: "Have you heard of my story with Donnghua Dijun?"

SM: "What?"

FJ: "Mmm, the sort of danger that almost took my life had happened a few times in the past....Because I'm the only granddaughter of Qinnqui, I actually have always been spoiled since I was young. Later on because I liked Donghua Dijunn, I came to experience bitterness and became a lot stronger...Most people cannot withstand the Jiuqi Cage for five days, right? Actually survived it, even got out and came back alone. I'm very pleased and proud of myself. 

FJ: "When I came back and saw Lord Xize dressing Junuo's wound...to be honest, I didn't think Junuo's injury was serious, but Lord Size was bandaging it so carefully, suddenly it left me feeling a little sad." ..."it made me sad because I got to see how a well-protected woman looks. I despise Junuo's pretense of being hurt by such trivial injuries, yet I was very envious of her." She raised her hands to cover her eyes. "Dijun...why is it that every time I need him, he's never there for me?...Whenever I was in danger he never appeared. I told myself it was because we aren't fated, but I didn't really feel that. I thought if I worked hard, Heaven would someday be moved. This time, though, I really think if Chen Ye hadn't saved me, I'd have died. I didn't believe we weren't fated before perhaps because I wasn't thoroughly disappointed yet."

Fenngjiu unconsciously nodded 

"A burst of chilling air passed by. Fengjiu was still looking skyward as if the round moon in the sky was full of fascination. Sometime later, two streams of tears fell from her eyes, followed by low sobs. Then a while more, she finally bawled heartbreakingly.:bawling: A strong gust materialized out of thin air, bringing apricot petals sprinkling and swirling turbidly like a snowstorm. Within the flying petals, Su Moye once again saw the purple shadow....In the dense petal rain, the purple-robed deity was deathly pale, at his feet was a spilled medicine bowl. His fingers grasped onto an old apricot trunk while his eyes rested one Fengjiu's body. Fengjiu remained unaware, she was only crying harder and harder now. He knitted his brow and silently gazed towards her. He seemingly wanted to come closer, yet unable to take that distance-closing step."

GUYS!!! How did you not feel for her during this time? Upon re-reading. I discovered something new. Because, I was too distracted crying and feeling sad for FJ,  I wanna point out that even though she's not in the best space of mind, you can still see fleeting bits of strength in her. FJ is conflicted because she despises Junuo's pretense of being hurt after a small injury yet she's envious of the attention she's getting. Also, she wants someone to help her during dangerous times even though she knows she can handle it herself. Lastly, she just wants someone to be there for her when she's sad :weary:.  How relatable and good-hearted our Fenjiu is... This reminds me of times when I speak/listen to my girlfriends when they're down & vice versa. 

*OUCH! at DH but in reality I was like "lmaooo BOIII bye! You go girl! Give him a taste of his own medicine." It's a good thing DH redeems himself by doing most of the chasing in book two or else I would've blown a gasket. FATE is a really big theme in Pillow Book. DH and FJ talk about on on separate occasions as seen above.

You highlighted is also my favourite in DH/FJ timelines. LOVE IT!! :heart:. Since i have so many favorite parts( most of it was DH/FJ interactions- sad ,sappy, funny, happy, lovey dovey or even where ﹰDH such a bully or when FJ smart mouthed him:lol:) ..thats means i have to write about 90% of the books content :joy:.

Gungun existence is indeed a blessing because now we know what's DH look like when he was a child, since Gungun appearance was resembles his father.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, eryhybrid said:

This part was probably my favorite part of all time in this novel! It was so heartbreaking, and so mature of FJ.

I've read PB twice, but maybe I'm just not comprehending some parts right. Please help me clarify!

1) Technically since SM loved Aranya, doesn't it meant that he loves FJ's shadow? xD I don't remember his reaction of when he found out...

2) What level of power does FJ have exactly? I remember reading something about her trials, but did she actually go through ascension trials?? I think I read too fast and skipped over some plot points. :(

@eryhybrid1) From the way I interpreted it when reading, Su Moye's love isn't anything romantic. It's more fatherly or brotherly. Like, I want to take care of this person and see FJ/Aranya thrive but I don't see her as a woman. 

2)As for level of power, in TMPB, the Fengjiu in that version had ascended to Queen at then finale episode, but I've forgotten what her status is in Pillow Book. I know that the part where she makes a scabbard/sheath for BQ's sword has to do something with ascension, but I've forgotten. The only thing I remember at that part is when DH reveals himself as her husband...because priorities:joy: Maybe someone can answer that question here? But I do think, FJ's status in Pillow Book at this point is Queen of Qing Qui. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...