[Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집

0ly40

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last part of Episode 11, when Mr Lee running after SY to save her fro being hit by the motorcycle, it is so"K2" :heart:..damn..I wish they have more screen time together..89 more episodes..it will be a long, painful wait for them to be together..

I am still waiting until after the locked up in the sanitarium when she is really not crazy. When SY wants revenge on those that wronged her and betrayed her. I am enjoying reading the speculations going around. I too think that her kindly father will end up dead as well with which will further spurn her need to get revenge.

Right now I am of the mind that SY could possibly be the real grand daughter of the grandfather. KH is the real daughter of SY's (adopted) mom possibly. I just see the woman's devotion to KH as a little over the top and she gives me the vibe of wanting her child to keep all the riches that do not belong to her but wants to remove and get rid of SY so that no one can find out the truth. But it smacks of not caring that the true bloodline of that family is out there lost while the fake lives well and reaps benefits all for some twisted revenge that has hurt two children who were innocent of whatever crimes the adults did in the past. 

What keeps playing back for me is the first episode and how when SY broke out of the sanitarium and ran home calling out to her mom KH comes out of the gate and the woman who is suppose to be her mother just stares out blankly and allows the men to drag SY out as KH says something to her. How could someone who cared for a child for so long do that if they were really their own child? In my opinion they could not which tells me that although SY loved this woman and sacrificed for that family that woman always thought of her own child over the one she raised. It comes down to her possibly child being more important then some else child.  I keep wondering why she would help her get rid of SY and the only reason is to protect her child from learning she is not the real daughter but also to help her keep the object of her tantrums out of the way since KH has a huge problem with SY and a lot of it is because SY fights back. Too much exposure to the possible real child of the family would only drive KH even more nuts than she already is.

I am sure that KH never felt comfortable in her skin in that house and that is possibly on some level she could know she was blood. Either instinctively or she found out through a blood test when younger. Which could explain why she has such fear of abandonment and why she shop lifts. Of course part of it is because she grew up with out her mother who the grandfather locked away and said died. Either way she became prime pickings for her husband and his Dr. accomplice who is drugging her and causing her erratic and violent behavior.

If I had to pick I would hope that SY does not turn out to be the sister of Mr. Lee since they seem to be a possibly OTP but she does turn out to be the real grand daughter. I am split on if I would like KH to be the missing sister or just the daughter of the housekeeper. I prefer the daughter of the housekeeper. Frankly given KH's unstable mentality its going to hurt her badly and wreck her mind to find out she is the daughter of the housekeeper and not blood of that rich family she lived well off of for so many years. I see her possibly finding out and doing a DNA test and confirming it then her abandonment issues will really kick in if there is a threat that the woman she dislikes so much turns out to be the real blood of the family and KH has a fear that the man will kick her out if he knows.

I prefer another character turns out to be the missing sister of Mr. Lee. I feel like there are a lot more secrets coming especially concerning that fire and I do not believe fully that Mr. Lee's father is at fault but then I have not been watching fully yet just reading your awesome comments ,speculations and explanation of the plot and characters so far.

Just watched episode 11, not sure if I will watch many more episodes. Finding it irritating. I think at this point Hong Se Yeon should realize that Kyung HYe is not working with a full deck, and she also realizes that her mother is working for KH"s family and all the discord is causing her angst. So, when KY saunters up to the white dress and starts to act like a jerk, why couldn't she just cool it instead of getting down to KY's level and arguing with this nut?   Besides that KY's grandpa wants someone around KY that will act like a psychological trigger to stabilize KY - not throw her off her rocker, and most of the time when she is with KY something happens to make her lose control, except for when she gave Se Yeon esgarot and fancy food.   It doesn't make sense that they want her as a help and SY has no qualifications as a therapist herself and as I say, she actually becomes angry at KY and fights with her instead of calming her down.   

This is not working for me.  As I mentioned, not sure how long I can watch. but like @Ldy Gmerm says perhaps need to get to the point that SY is in the asylum and maybe then we can figure out how everyone is really related to each other. We finally found out that the housekeeper "mother"  is trying to wipe out the memory of KY's "mother"  of her own child - so that smacks of the switch.  

There are a lot of ominous overtones and music - pretty dark melodrama.  I think grandpa will be bumped off by the psychiatrist and the husband to clear the way for KY to be put in an asylum but the housekeeper/mother will switch her with the replacement daughter again.  

The actress Park Ha Na kind of screws up her face when she is upset in a most unattractive way. That is something I need to try to get used to. 

@maddymappo I could not agree with you more. Initially, I was annoyed by the way SY reacted towards KH when she already knew KH (although not much) is not emotionally stable. I wish she had handled that situation the way she handled the Chaebol Grandfather's (from now on I shall call him CG for short) fake shopping tantrum. After all she is supposed to be the positive, smart and mentally stabled one. But thinking further, I think the Writer purposely wrote her character that way (having impulsive temper when something is not right) as her shortcoming which will then lead to the reason why she was caught in the sanitarium. Her reaction when her father was scorned down and during that Dongdaemun Market fiasco shows that. Hence, I would try to accept this at this point but if the Writer goes over board with that shortcoming, I will definitely skip several episodes and wait until probably (at least) 30 episodes before it ends.

@Ldy Gmerm I too hope and I am 60 percent confident SY is not Mr Lee's sister. Few evidence, 1. The sister was taken away from him when she was between 9 - 11 years old (I cant' tell the age but the little girl that was taken away by the foster family looks around the age). If there is a possible switch between SY and KH (which I am now 80 percent confident is the case after episode 12), it happened when they were 3 years old. 2. The coincidence meeting between the detective and the private investigator who has Mr Lee's sister's photo in SY's noona's chicken place seemed to be too oblivious. The scene must have some meaning.

Now, as I said. I am 80 percent confident that SY is the actual granddaughter based on her skills and preference of food, which coincidentally is so similar to CG in episode 12. That is so obvious. But I dont think Ms. Geum's (SY's mom) intention for the switch is due to greed. Maybe she intended to plant her daughter in the house to revenge on something (maybe related to the dye factory incident) or she was desperate at that time to make sure her real daughter is taken care of. Whatever her reasons, since it has been taken place for more than 20 years, she might be afraid that when her secret is out, her real daughter will be taken out from the house, especially when she is not emotionally stable at the moment. I think she never expected that things will get this complicated after KH herself got into the hit and run incident.

What I am still annoyed above of all is that, no one can see the husband's and Dr Kim's evil scheme yet, not even Mr Lee. Yes, I know, 88 more episodes to go. So, I am still holding my breath that someone will find out about this the two devils at least by episode 40 and above. I dont expect that they will be defeated soon though but I do hope someone can see that.

Just to add this, this drama also has the vibes of "Dae Jang Geum". The main character trying to avenge. Mr Lee is Minister Min, who would not be in the way much of her revenge plan but will help her throughout. Mr Jang (the husband) and Dr Kim are the Choi's siblings with their evil schemes. CG is the Queen/ King, who was misunderstood all the time but also the one who calls the shot later. Only Ms Geum's character  I cant find any reference to. The rest of the characters are not similar too but has the same concept (either her supporter or those who betrayed her).

On 3/14/2018 at 12:46 AM, inna75 said:

Just to add this, this drama also has the vibes of "Dae Jang Geum". The main character trying to avenge. Mr Lee is Minister Min, who would not be in the way much of her revenge plan but will help her throughout. Mr Jang (the husband) and Dr Kim are the Choi's siblings with their evil schemes. CG is the Queen/ King, who was misunderstood all the time but also the one who calls the shot later. Only Ms Geum's character  I cant find any reference to. The rest of the characters are not similar too but has the same concept (either her supporter or those who betrayed her).

OMG - that's like comparing the peaches of immortality to onions. :open_mouth:

Finally caught with it. It is going to be a long ride-_-. Whoever said that SY might be the real granddaughter, I agree with it. With the way SYs mom changed her mind clearing SYs name; I would say that she is not her real child. I mean what kind mother does that? KH has a lot of issues along with those medications that she was fed with and she needs real help. SY being her personal shopper is not going to help and they gonna realize it the hard way it seems. The husband and doctor are scumbags running after something that does not belong to them. I would not be surprised if KH decides to run over them with a car in the end after she finds out what they did. If SY is the real granddaughter, then gramps just ruined her trip to study and dream of being a designer. Later on she will not forgive him easily. I have a feeling SYs dad will die thanks to these people including his wife's action. I am enjoying SY and Mr. Lee relationship. I hope he sides with her later on. The way SY is locked up, it can go either ways: she is there as KH replacement, declared dead legally, missing or on a trip to abroad. With the way the family relationship is and having that police friend, I am betting on the first 2. What do u chingus think???

Ep 15 w/Eng subs:  

Sorry.  We just went off-the-rails batsh*t-crazy!  WHY WHY WHY drama writers, do you do this???

We are supposed to believe that the housekeeper sold out her own daughter because she felt sorry for KookyGranddaughter?  The very same daughter she was trying to keep away from the EvilRichFamily?  The very same daughter the EvilRichFamily threw in jail on trumped-up charges?  

Things would be so much more interesting if this wasn't done!!!  

1)  Have the housekeeper/nanny tell EvilGramps that his precious granddaughter is being brutalized by her hubby!

2)  Have the brutalizing hubby kicked around a little by EvilGramps, and fake redemption to plot even further.

The housekeeper should have QUIT when EvilGramps threw her daugher in jail!  Make EvilGramps backpedal a little.  Imagine all-powerful EvilGramps not able to bring his housekeeper back even by buying her house and evicting her?  He would have to give her the house, put the title in her name, offer to send her daughter abroad to study, cut a deal for six months of helping his KookyGranddaughter.  

But Noooo!  We get none of that.  We get the housekeeper selling out her own daughter to protect WackyWitch!  

Time to head to Seoul to give this Writer a good old KDrama slap!

20 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

Ep 15 w/Eng subs:  

Sorry.  We just went off-the-rails batsh*t-crazy!  WHY WHY WHY drama writers, do you do this???

We are supposed to believe that the housekeeper sold out her own daughter because she felt sorry for KookyGranddaughter?  The very same daughter she was trying to keep away from the EvilRichFamily?  The very same daughter the EvilRichFamily threw in jail on trumped-up charges?  

Things would be so much more interesting if this wasn't done!!!  

1)  Have the housekeeper/nanny tell EvilGramps that his precious granddaughter is being brutalized by her hubby!

2)  Have the brutalizing hubby kicked around a little by EvilGramps, and fake redemption to plot even further.

The housekeeper should have QUIT when EvilGramps threw her daugher in jail!  Make EvilGramps backpedal a little.  Imagine all-powerful EvilGramps not able to bring his housekeeper back even by buying her house and evicting her?  He would have to give her the house, put the title in her name, offer to send her daughter abroad to study, cut a deal for six months of helping his KookyGranddaughter.  

But Noooo!  We get none of that.  We get the housekeeper selling out her own daughter to protect WackyWitch!  

Time to head to Seoul to give this Writer a good old KDrama slap!

Hello @watchumlotsThere is a theory that crazy granddaughter is the housekeeper's bio child and Sy is grandfather's real granddaughter. The theory is justified - by the fact they like the same food (no, you can't make this stuff up).  I guess housekeeper felt she was between a rock and hard place.  And ultimately  chose to sacrifice the daughter she raised to save her bio child.  Anyway she was really only going to send SY out of the country to go to fashion school to avoid this very situation.  Before that there was no plan to send SY to school.   It is very confusing, because housekeeper was loathing any contact between these two women and they kept meeting each other anyway.  In the meantime housekeeper is having the crazy granddaughter's institutionalized "mother's" memory wiped out so that she can't remember her daughter.   It is all very strange. I am basically watching now to see what the relationship was between these girls that led to this situation.  Mr. Lee has been trying to track down his (who sister or friend from an orphanage?) and found out she was sent to Canada with a family became such a problem they returned her postage paid. - whereabouts currently unknown but still looking. Who that is and how she fits into this is also pending.

@lu09:  HA!  NOTHING cures mental illness like a Personal Shopper, especially a Mysterious one!

Only took 15 episodes to go off-the-rails.  Oh well.  Another birth secret / revenge / business/inheritance scam / secret lover w/mental illness drama.

Yawn.

@maddymappo:  You are RIGHT ON!  The food.  The love for design & fabrics. Soon everyone will learn that RichWitch is a dumb as a brick and PoorDesigner is sharp as a tack.

DesignerGirl is the real granddaughter.  Housekeeper's daughter was born with heart defect, she could not afford to treat her so switched babies.  Now we know why it was easy to sell-out the 'replacement-daughter' when it was to save 'bio-daughter.'   Also explains why Housekeeper wants to keep her 'daughter' away from the RichFamily:  blood knows it's kin.  Or something stupid like that.  Housekeeper is afraid the rich people will 'recognize' their own kin and ditch the bat-sheet-crazy replacement.  

Aye yi yi - Koreans are sooo crafty!  The Korean Ministry of Public Morality should more closely monitor the themes of their KDramas as they certainly give a bad impression of Korean people who seem to lose/ abandon / switch their children willy-nilly.

Hello I'm new on this thread. 

I have said it before and I'll say it again daily dramas make koreans look bad. They ditch their kids, cant recognize their children, they have no loyalty and are money hungry, blood thirsty and so on and so forth.Thank god I started with regular dramas because if I had looked at one daily drama before watching weekly drama I would have close my tab and moved on from this craziness. 

I wonder what going to happen at the end (I'll come back this summer or something) when the grandfather found out that the child that gave him so much headaches wasn't his own ? 

Crazy fake heiress is probably going to try to kill real heiress and evil selfish housekeeper will save her fake daughter and die or something.

What the Housekeeper fake mom did was despicable. Why are people so damn selfish in daily dramas ??? Its all about them and their kids and everybody else can choke. 

I'm mad, I was supposed to stop watching daily dramas after Sweet Enemy and I failed ! 

I'm new to this show.  Why doesn't GH divorce that ghastly husband of hers?  

It's also weird to me that they just trust drugs as the cure for her shopping addiction, instead of cognitive behavioral therapy or EMDR or hypnotherapy or, simple exercise. 

Archived