[Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집

0ly40

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집

So i just saw the last episode and it sucked real bad.

Why was SY the only mourner?  What about the rest of the family?  Lady Geum had another biological daughter!

Why did SY refer to Lady Geum as the person who loved her the most?  What about her biological mother?  That woman defied great odds just to be with her for a short time.  Lady Geum was the one who prevented them from being together for most of their lives!  

When EY was released from prison, again that SY had to be the only one there when EY has a biological sister!

I wouldn't grudge SY the spotlight of being the benevolent one, if she was worthy of it.  Till the end she looked like a kid trying to fill a woman's shoes.  

Okay I just finished actually watching the final episode over here and to be honest my thoughts from the last posting haven’t really changed all that much.

Spoiler

The excuse that the lawyer gave for supporting Loony was ridiculous or even that he was feeling guilty over some of the things that she made him do are totally ridiculous. For starters as Chaebol Grandfathers Lawyer he must have known the lay of the land. Now while I can possibly understand him being concerned about the grandfather’s mental health that he thought it was serious enough to break lawyer client privilege and report the change of will to Loony anything after that doesn’t make much sense. What I mean by this is that somehow the media found out that Seyon was the real granddaughter so at this point he should have been made aware of this fact as well. If this was the case, then he shouldn’t have sided with Loony because he would know that this would have been against the grandfathers wishes. I get that the grandfather wanted to adopt Seyon into his family to avoid confusion and to probably avoid this media mess. Unfortunately, that failed and the lawyer should have been smart about it. So in other words his excuse is laughable at best.

Then comes the matter of the hunting rifle and every other character is using it. Okay only Loony and her husband were but just how poor a shot were they that they had to use one and that to at such close range. Heck Cheating Hubby gets more marks because he even had a scope attached to his one. I mean I can understand if there was real distance between them and people suddenly wonder where the shot came from but no they literally had to be just a few feet away to fire their gun.

Not only that but it seems that the writer doesn’t care about physics and all. When someone fires a gun there is a recoil so one needs to have careful distance atleast with the rifles can’t say about handguns, therefore when Cheating Hubby tried to shoot Seyon but instead ended up shooting the mother because she literally came in front of the gun the recoil should have seriously injured his arm. Another rookie mistake by this writer. Couldn’t they find a handgun prop that they had to use a hunting rifle to make them look like idiots. Shame on the drama as well as the director that let this pass.

Psycho Doctor is hilarious and I think I wouldn’t mind her getting out of that mental institute just for laughs at best. I suspect she probably will actually go crazy. Will give her credit that she has managed to fool the doctors for three years that she has gone crazy and will also agree with her assement that the doctors must be quacks there since they didn’t even make sure that their patient wasn’t taking their medicine properly. Even English dramas don’t make such mistakes or atleast the ones that I have seen so far. Now the reason why I wouldn’t mind her release or escape is simple. What exactly is she going to do when she comes out. She wants to kill Cheating Hubby. Good luck in that department since he committed suicide, wants to send Loony to jail. Guess what Loony has already served her time so unless you have something major that she forgot to confess to that won’t work as well. Finally wants to take down Seyon from the chairman’s seat and take her place. Oops Seyon didn’t take the seat herself and is happily designing clothes as she liked to do. At the most she could try and get rid of Sec. Lee and take over his place but I doubt that would be enough. Also at this point I doubt that she could confuse Loony anymore since it seems that Loony has made peace and gotten over her greed. This would indicate that she holds no grudge against Seyon for even being the reason why their mother passed away or that Seyon is indirectly going to reap the benefits of the chairman position. Then again we would have a super long drama that we really didn’t need. So Psycho Doctor seeing all this might actually turn her crazy as no one seems to be doing as she predicted. She probably needs to go to a better fortune teller in the future.

Really can’t figure out why Cheating Hubby decided to commit suicide. He didn’t seem like the type. Frankly it would have been better if he had just sunck away on a boat to New Zealand and all and be with his family. People might argue that he was getting of a bit easy but then they have to remember that thanks to the bullet injury he was going to eventually become paralyzed so in other words he couldn’t harm anybody at this point but he would atleast be with his loved ones. It would have also been interesting as to what Psycho Doctors revenge would have been then since he was already a dead man of sorts. Would she still go forward with her own revenge and want to kill him or feel sorry and let him live?

Ganghui wanted to be an actress. Did I miss something along the way because I never recall her mentioning that or anybody else? Granted it has been 103 episodes and one does tend to forget the little details like that. On the other hand I am glad that her sister got her happily ever after and even ended up with twins. But for her brother I would have thought that he would have become an item with Chicken Girl. Still it was nice to see him hard at work at that detective job instead of playing games at those claw machines or that fishing game etc..

As for Gang Hui’s boss they seem to imply that she will get her happy ending after all. Turns out that the detective that probably had a crush on Seyon had a partner. But I have to question the age difference between the partner and the Aunt. One would assume that the partner would be in the same age group as the detective and Seyon but the Aunt should be atleast 20 years older. Then again there is no real age difference in love as long as they are of legal age I guess.

Other than that the ending was okay. The drama started out strong and was thus interesting. Unfortunately, it seems that the writer got lost somewhere along the way and we ended up with this.  I do wonder just how much they were influenced by the viewers and their opinions because sometimes I hear that is a reason why a drama turns out that way. For instance, I heard that Marry Me Marry ending had the pairing end up in that order because the viewers preferred that over the actual web comic ending and all. They tried too hard to make Loony likable at the end but to be honest it wasn’t believable. Probably since I missed an episode that brought up the change in her. Her greed and insecurities were too deeply entrenched in her for me to believe that was the case. She had ample chances to redeem herself or even be likable but she threw them away. Granted she wasn’t as bad as Cheating Hubby and was shocked at some of the things that he did such as replacing that umbilical cord with that of a dog than some actual human beings while one thought that was amusing the other was disgusted showing that she wasn’t a total monster but she was no saint as well.

Then comes the mothers absurd dying wish. She wanted her husband to think that she was in Venice so that he wouldn’t be sad to hear about her passing. Now that is totally understandable but just how long was Seyon to keep that secret. Shouldn’t her children be made aware of their mother passing. While I can understand not telling the stepchildren what about Ganghui. Shouldn’t she be made aware that her Bio Mother has passed away. Frankly I think that was sort of Selfish of the mother. she was probably hoping that her family shouldn’t suffer and think that she was happy so that they could be happy as well but to be honest it wasn’t fair on any of them. They will probably be more hurt and sad when they do find out. Could say more on this point but I think that it is better if I let this slide.

Okay that will be all for now. Probably this will be my last post in this thread unless something else is pointed out or brought up. So till then take care all of you and hopefully see you all in the next drama thread or elsewhere. Happy viewings and postings.

@fanofr can't but help but agree with your assessment in regard to this show. As i may have mentioned Seyon is one of the most flip and flopping character whether it came to matters of revenge or matters of her bio family. She suddenly got close to Chaebol Grandfather even after knowing what he tried to do as well felt bad that he was going to die and that he was her real grandfather. though i guess i could probably let that matter pass because she staid at his place for quite sometime and got to see the kind side of his anture and thus probably forgot all about his ruthless side. so for what seemed like days or house were really many months or so for her. but that still doesn't explain how she suddenly bonded with her dying mother at the asylum. while i can understand that she was the Bio Mother o would expect that there should have been more time required before they got that clase. but even then the way she treated her mother (Geum) at times was just wrong. sometimes she was considerate of hers other times mad. this character just didn't have the consistency that i would have prefered.

anyway going for real now. so take care all of you. :) 

• 1 month later...

Well this was an experience I never, ever want to go through again. I am seriously in awe of anyone who watched this Drama without fast forwarding. I could not have survived doing that, and only got to the end out of sheer sanguine sentience. A question, though. Was this Drama cut? The last week made so little sense, even by the admittedly insane standards of the preceding 20, that I was wondering if the Drama was originally to be 120, and was suddenly cut by 17 episodes, most likely to save whatever shreds of sanity the remaining viewers still had? 

Archived